• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Danj

Castor Krieg said:
You can still go to the clinic and opt not to get a chip. This way you can buy another 2 praxis kits.

Arse. Oh well, it's not like
I need praxis kits at this point, pretty much all the stuff I think I want I have already upgraded anyway.

tiff

Banned
thetrin said:
Well sure, but why wouldn't you get that aug? :p

Turning robots and turrets to do your bidding is too much fun.
Yeah, I'm definitely getting it sooner next playthrough.

Clearing out half the
Hengsha Docks
just by hacking a few terminals was too much fun.

Thats how i dealt with the bosses:

First Boss: I just stood there and threw EMP grenades... just a few steps to avoid explosions

Cutscene

Second Boss: I just stood there and threw EMP grenades... just a few steps to avoid explosions or to shoot another terminal.

Cutscene.

Third Boss: I just stood there, took the grenade launcher... 4 shoots. Never did one step.

Cutscene.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
There is too goddamn much of it. If you're the type that feels obligated to open every door/read every computer, you're hacking constantly.
I hated hacking up until I maxed out my detection % augs. I actually enjoy it now, even when it needs to be done every few steps.

33-Hit-Combo said:
Starting my Terminator run through now.
Can't wait to do this. :-D

thetrin said:
That's not a boss.

Also, you can just turn them off using the security hub. Why waste EMPs?
Wait, they're not the second boss?! I was working under that assumption this entire time... That means I've only fought 2/4 bosses. :-O

This game feels absurdly long. I must've put in 30 hours already, and I'm only in the second visit to [serious spoilers --->]
Hengsha. Malik just died. :-(

Dresden

First boss: stungun cheese

Second boss: Typhooooooooon

Third boss: pistol'd

Fourth boss: pistol'd

Good thing I kept a pistol in my inventory, fully upgraded in my no-kill run. Great game. Has its flaws but it's my favorite of the year, so far, and looks to remain that way unless Dark Souls completely stomps.

Will start a KILL 'EM ALL run next.

Fought the second boss today and died like a million times and then the boss just glitched and stopped moving. That win felt really cheap. My main problem with the boss was that switching weapons is SUPER slow. I stunned the boss with another gun and wanted to switch to a machine gun, and the boss had almost recovered by the time the gun was shoot-ready. Annoying.

I've continued through the game with 0 alerts and that one kill I did, and this game seems incredibly long. I feel like I should have been done like 3 times already. Reading through some of the other points in this thread I realize that I still have a bunch of stuff to see. Just got back.

So far I hate the boss battles and some of the voicework but love everything else. A review at this point would have an easy 5/5 at the end of it.

Enco

wutwutwut said:
Yeah, I was pretty amused at the lampshading there.
Thanks for the term :lol

bonesmccoy said:
I had my first glitch in that fight. The boss just stopped moving and stood there. I sniped away happily.
That happened to me (on the second boss). Thank god. Moron wouldn't die.

I only found the lockers on my 100th death (I have object highlight off). That helped greatly.

Gila

hahah, just in the LIMB clinic for a hengsha side mission...did anyone catch the 4chan cameo?

This is the second outside kinda reference I've seen, I saw a FFXIV (I think) poster in the beginning

lol, square-enix you cheeky bastards

Ventilaator said:
Fought the second boss today and died like a million times and then the boss just glitched and stopped moving. That win felt really cheap. My main problem with the boss was that switching weapons is SUPER slow. I stunned the boss with another gun and wanted to switch to a machine gun, and the boss had almost recovered by the time the gun was shoot-ready. Annoying.

I've continued through the game with 0 alerts and that one kill I did, and this game seems incredibly long. I feel like I should have been done like 3 times already. Reading through some of the other points in this thread I realize that I still have a bunch of stuff to see. Just got back.

So far I hate the boss battles and some of the voicework but love everything else. A review at this point would have an easy 5/5 at the end of it.

I gave it a 9 out of 10. I really loved it and i think its still one of the best Shooter RPGs we got the last years

Gila said:
hahah, just in the LIMB clinic for a hengsha side mission...did anyone catch the 4chan cameo?

This is the second outside kinda reference I've seen, I saw a FFXIV (I think) poster in the beginning

Look for the guy who is talking about 80ies action movies and look at his name... its the guy from Robo Cop!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Calisto Glory said:
When i think about the bosses battle length:

First Boss: 10 Seconds
Second Boss: 15-20 Seconds
Third Boss: 5 Seconds
Last Boss: 15 Seconds.

Yup. I understand the complaints about forcing you into a combat situation, but the boss battles were stupidly easy if you possessed a stun gun or the Typhoon ability.

5 easter eggs in Deus Ex Human Revolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1x0Y_C7Seg&feature=player_embedded

Zefah said:
Yup. I understand the complaints about forcing you into a combat situation, but the boss battles were stupidly easy if you possessed a stun gun or the Typhoon ability.

You just need EMP grenades and a modified shot gun. If you got the pre order grenade launcher later or the doublebarrel shootgun then its even easier. Friend and i were talking about it and we came up with a better solution for such boss battles.

MJLord

Gila said:

Lol see it ?! It's my games steam picture xD

dream

God, I just read an article on time.com that complains about the racism behind the construction of an incidental character in the game.

Sober

Calisto Glory said:
Second Boss: I just stood there and threw EMP grenades... just a few steps to avoid explosions or to shoot another terminal.
Yeah, what exactly do they do? Because Eliza kept asking me to do it and I tried it for a few lives but it didn't seem to produce any noticeable effect?

General PC gaming question relevant to my DXHR playthrough:

Will I notice a performance increase upgrading from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7?

Dresden

Just a few thoughts -

1. Pistol is too powerful. Armor-piercing and silencer should not be compatible.

2. Hacking shouldn't reward bonus xp.

3. AUDs for everyone, plz.

4. AI needs to be more aggressive. It should actively pursue through doors, and rooms. It's dumb as shit anyways, just make it ruthless.

5. Megan Reed
is a whore.

6. Non-lethal and/or THE POWER OF SPEECH options for bosses.

7. More consequences for choosing certain augs - I maxed out nearly everything, including junk I didn't need, near the end. Something as powerful as cloaking should require more investment.

Sober said:
Yeah, what exactly do they do? Because Eliza kept asking me to do it and I tried it for a few lives but it didn't seem to produce any noticeable effect?

The terminals? They break after some shots and turn on electricity in the water... if you dont get the right augs then you get stunned too.

Calisto Glory said:
When i think about the bosses battle length:

First Boss: 10 Seconds
Second Boss: 15-20 Seconds
Third Boss: 5 Seconds
Last Boss: 15 Seconds.
last boss is definity quicker than 15 sec. you dont even need to press anything, just shoot her with laser

Looks like the cops like taking photos of themselves when the bodies are gone...

scaled.php

Also
, I thought Sarif would like to see the hacker this time...

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg7/scaled.php?server=7&filename=img0882vh.jpg&res=medium

garath

Dresden said:
Just a few thoughts -

1. Pistol is too powerful. Armor-piercing and silencer should not be compatible.

2. Hacking shouldn't reward bonus xp.

3. AUDs for everyone, plz.

4. AI needs to be more aggressive. It should actively pursue through doors, and rooms. It's dumb as shit anyways, just make it ruthless.

5. Megan Reed
is a whore.

6. Non-lethal and/or THE POWER OF SPEECH options for bosses.

7. More consequences for choosing certain augs - I maxed out nearly everything, including junk I didn't need, near the end. Something as powerful as cloaking should require more investment.

1. I can agree

2. I think it should, but bypassing it with a password should also. Reward the exploration to find the code as well as the hack.

4. Agree

7. Disagree. I love getting more powerful as time goes on. And I like getting that power with enough time left in the game to use it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Calisto Glory said:
First time? It took me around 44 hours to the end.
I've no idea what people are doing to take 44 hours to finish, I did every side mission and hacked pretty much everything and was done in less than half the time.

garath

Ladyboy101 said:
last boss is definity quicker than 15 sec. you dont even need to press anything, just shoot *** with ****

Can we please stop talking about bosses without spoiler tags? Now I know the gender. I'd like to keep reading the thread but too many people are getting sloppy with the info. Even strategies to beat the bosses I'd rather work out on my own.

Dresden

Maybe they dumbed it down for the consolites, because all I remember them doing is slowly walking one by one into a room just so Jensen could knock them out, even during the 'hostile' phase.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Danne-Danger said:
They won't go into certain areas when following you, but they will chase you for a while, yes!

A lot of areas would have been a ton easier if NPCs would follow you anywhere. All you'd have to do is jump to lure NPCs anywhere.

Man I'm so glad I picked this up based on gaf reactions. Absolutely fantastic so far. The character models could be better but a lot of love and detail went into the art. Man I hope this game sells well

Derrick01

Banned
Well I do remember them saying one of the benefits of the PC version was better AI. It was pretty good on PC, enough to be pretty challenging.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
canadian crowe said:
I just got to
Shanghai
, how much do I have left?

If you just got there, probably around 30-40% through the game.

I made it there at the 9 hour mark, but it took me 25 hours to complete the game. It probably would have taken closer to 27-28 hours if I didn't gun my way through some of the later areas.

Zefah said:
A lot of areas would have been a ton easier if NPCs would follow you anywhere. All you'd have to do is jump to lure NPCs anywhere.
Yeah i see why they did it, but if any sort of action breaks out and you retreat to a room where the AI will just stand in the doorway that's a pretty big negative to the method. That is a pretty rare scenario though. I remember it being very noticeable when I massacred the police station in the preview.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Finished the game tonight. Not since Fallout 3 or Mirror's Edge has a game consumed my life so completely, just a mesmerising experience from start to finish. Even when I had to put the game down I was still thinking about it.

It stands proudly, shoulder to shoulder with the original as a game for the ages.

And man, those endings...
what's going to happen to mankind? Makes me kind of scared to think that this kind of stuff will probably be happening in our lifetime.

Sometimes the ragdolls do... funny things.

1vXn3.jpg

IzSqt.jpg

(i also had a cop fall face first onto a footstool, leaving him crouched on all fours, but I forgot to save a shot)

thelatestmodel said:
And man, those endings...
what's going to happen to mankind? Makes me kind of scared to think that this kind of stuff will probably be happening in our lifetime.
Speaking of which, how is the countdown to tears going? Are we finally on the brink!?

Top Bottom