• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

supernorn_01buqc.jpg

Classic.

Grisby said:
Well by the time you get to others you should be better equipped. For the first dude run around and throw gas canisters/red barrels.

Tip for the second boss, notably augmentation preference
. Have a some points spent to where you can walk through electricity unharmed.

I have like 6 grenades of various types, plus plenty of shotgun and machine pistol ammo. It's still giving me trouble though. I think I'm just gonna put it down to me sucking. I'll try your advice though.

Where can I get a bed frame like the one in Jensen's apartment? Damn that shit is hot. Doesn't seem like it would be all that great for stand up positions during sex, but it looks cool.

After avoiding this topic like the plague, I'm here to give my thoughts on deus ex:

thoughts: holy crap, what a great game

Honestly, there isnt a play style that isnt viable so i dont know why people are getting all excited. It's not like you cant buy copious amounts of ammo from any of the several dealers in the cities. I had so much ammo stockpiled by the end of the game just from on site procuring it was retarded. Yes hacking is the focus of the game and yes stealth is preferred, but this is the future, bitches have curving bullets and stealth and shit, get real here.

On a side note, I loveeeeeee my combat rifle. I have a serious case of THIS IS THE BEST GUN EVER.

Ricker

Question about the sidequest for Malik and some stuff at the Hive:

Did all the Evelyn stuff,got Lee to admit he did it,got the achievement and all but now Malik wants me hack a terminal in there so Lee can be punish the Shangai way...everyone in there starts to shoot at me as soon as I start hacking the terminal or if I use the device to self hack...is there any other way to do this last part without wiping out everyone at the Hive??

Ferrio

Banned
Ricker said:

Did all the Evelyn stuff,got Lee to admit he did it,got the achievement and all but now Malik wants me hack a terminal in there so Lee can be punish the Shangai way...everyone in there starts to shoot at me as soon as I start hacking the terminal or if I use the device to self hack...is there any other way to do this last part without wiping out everyone at the Hive??

No one touched me when I did that... might be cause I already took all the gun carrying guys down. Patrons still having fun though.

Grisby

Ricker said:

Odd, there was a bouncer and stuff there yet he never touched me.

eek5

Ricker said:

Isn't that in a corner? No one was around when I
hacked that terminal
. Odd..

Wallach

Ricker said:

You're sure you're at the right terminal? It's the one right behind the bar where Tong first was. Not sure why anyone would go hostile for you on that one, nobody bothered me when I hacked it.

jim-jam bongs said:
Does painstakingly scouring every environment for loot and secrets make me more human? Or less?

I'll let someone else figure that out, I'm stacking crates right now and shit.

The second boss is a sucker for the Typhoon. 10 seconds and done. I'm playing for Pacifist, but that's gonna be my go to weapon for the bosses, along with the Heavy Rifle and Stun Gun.

perineumlick said:
The second boss is a sucker for the Typhoon. 10 seconds and done. I'm playing for Pacifist, but that's gonna be my go to weapon for the bosses, along with the Heavy Rifle and Stun Gun.

I found the heavy rifle to be disappointing because of the spin-up and lack of accuracy. It's great from spraying a room with hot lead to take out the weaker enemies but I definitely preferred the revolver or 10mm for bosses on my lethal run.

Ricker

QUOTE=Wallach]
You're sure you're at the right terminal? It's the one right behind the bar where Tong first was. Not sure why anyone would go hostile for you on that one, nobody bothered me when I hacked it.

I'll let someone else figure that out, I'm stacking crates right now and shit.[/QUOTE]

Hummm,weird,yes that`s the terminal,it`s the one just besides a private room I guess with a red curtain in front of it...

Fireye

jim-jam bongs said:
I found the heavy rifle to be disappointing because of the spin-up and lack of accuracy. It's great from spraying a room with hot lead to take out the weaker enemies but I definitely preferred the revolver or 10mm for bosses on my lethal run.

Laser sights and the anti-recoil aug made it usable for me. Still, didn't use it except in the very last facility for the large number of... occupants.

foogles

Ricker said:

Just quietly take them down however you like before you start. I've avoided problems many times with this exact strategy, including Detroit cops both inside and outside the station.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Fireye said:
Laser sights and the anti-recoil aug made it usable for me. Still, didn't use it except in the very last facility for the large number of... occupants.

ok, thanks. I'll keep it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Fireye said:
I just got both the anti-recoil augs, and I'm excited to see if any of the weapons feel better.

And again: it's crazy how many praxis points there are in this game. I'm probably just 10 points away from being totally maxed.

Clydefrog

It's so much fun to kill quest people that you aren't supposed to just to see the reaction from others. And then load a quicksave, of course :)

Enco

jim-jam bongs said:
Heavy rifle was useless against her. Utterly useless. Shotgun from the lockers worked great.

This is the only game where I've aimed to explore as much as possible. The only other game that came close is Fallout NV.

jim-jam bongs said:
It's great if you use it in conjunction with the Stun Gun or EMP mine. Freeze 'em in place and let it rip. Typhoon weakens them greatly also, along with stunning them. I agree by itself the Heavy is sorely inaccurate against bosses though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Clydefrog said:
It's so much fun to kill quest people that you aren't supposed to just to see the reaction from others. And then load a quicksave, of course :)

I always kill quest people after I've completed their quest. They've outlived their usefulness so I might as well dispose of them.

Fireye said:

Good point, I never upgraded it at all or got the recoil aug. My lethal run featured a lot of grabbing a weapon, using all the ammo I had for it and then discarding it when I ran out.

Snuggler said:
I always kill quest people after I've completed their quest. They've outlived their usefulness so I might as well dispose of them.

Snuggler

Wallach

Snuggler said:

(second hub stuff)

Fuckin' asshole bartender at the Hive who has the sidequest backed out of his deal when I convinced the girl to take out her CASIE aug. Shit even came up as "failed" (even though you get the completion XP) because he didn't appreciate my methodology. Nobody backs out of a deal with me, so I choked him out and stuffed him in the corner to prove a point. The funny part is that the people in the Hive didn't even give a shit. I still go back in there just fine and he's always there stuffed into the corner behind the bar.

Corky said:
I'd KILL for a clean wallpaper in the same vein.

Hell, I'd kill for ANY type of wall poster for this game. I'm also surprised they haven't made the 'Press Start' screen from the console versions available as a screensaver for PCs. They've really dropped the ball on merchandising and bonus web content.

Until they decide to take my money, I'm going to be rasterbating this image to put on my wall.

edit: oh, they have more stuff on their eidos montreal website. interesting...

Dennis

Banned
Using one GTX 580, I am getting avg. 45 fps at 2560 x 1600 with all setting at absolute max, so there seems little reason to turn on the second GPU.

Anybody have SLI experience with this game? Is it worth it, or does it introduce stutter?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wallach said:
(second hub stuff)

Fuckin' asshole bartender at the Hive who has the sidequest backed out of his deal when I convinced the girl to take out her CASIE aug. Shit even came up as "failed" (even though you get the completion XP) because he didn't appreciate my methodology. Nobody backs out of a deal with me, so I choked him out and stuffed him in the corner to prove a point. The funny part is that the people in the Hive didn't even give a shit. I still go back in there just fine and he's always there stuffed into the corner behind the bar.

Haha, I applied the same method to that quest.
She wasn't in any position to bargain with me, so shot her with my crossbow at just the right angle that she ended up hanging from the ceiling like a chandelier.

FeD.nL

So I just got the game and wow I didn't expect this.

I'm still fairly early in the game 4 hours or so but really the atmosphere, it's been along time that i've been really drawn into a game. The option the game gives you to tackle objectives is amazing and that's just the beginning I can't wait to delve in deeper.

*realizes he's wasting time posting and goes back playing*

To the guy saying there's enough ammo to be found in the hubs, I strongly disagree. When I buy ammo from a weapons dealer, I can only buy like 30 bullets until it's "sold out". Fuck this!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
eravulgaris said:
To the guy saying there's enough ammo to be found in the hubs, I strongly disagree. When I buy ammo from a weapons dealer, I can only buy like 30 bullets until it's "sold out". Fuck this!
That's why he said FOUND

f0rk

eravulgaris said:

I just used the pistol and shot people in the face, plenty of ammo that way.

Clydefrog

eravulgaris said:

I've never bought ammo... I've only sold bundles and bundles of ammo!

Man I'd forgotten how great the morality system in Deus Ex is until I played this game. Kill and steal as much as you like, just make sure nobody sees you and you'll be fine. No renegade/paragon points, just actual repercussions like a crazed mechanical man coming after you for killing his partner, or being chided by some Dutch dude's boss for getting him killed.

Zenith

Banned
Finished it. Game's a bit weird in that it progressively feels more and more rushed.

Ricker said:
Hummm,weird,yes that`s the terminal,it`s the one just besides a private room I guess with a red curtain in front of it...

Had the same problem. Throw an AUD at it then run away and wait for the guards to go from yellow to green.

Van Buren

DennisK4 said:
Using one GTX 580, I am getting avg. 45 fps at 2560 x 1600 with all setting at absolute max, so there seems little reason to turn on the second GPU.

Anybody have SLI experience with this game? Is it worth it, or does it introduce stutter?
If you don't mind the loss of Tessellation and Soft Shadows, the second 580 is useful for pristine SGSSAA goodness. Expect framerate drops at that resolution though.

Top Bottom