• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Ikuu said:
I've no idea what people are doing to take 44 hours to finish, I did every side mission and hacked pretty much everything and was done in less than half the time.

no you didn't. you didn't hack everything or do everything if you beat the game in around 20 hours.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm 25+ hours in and I'm doing the medical center mission in China. I've done every quest, and searched everything, but I think my time played is boosted from all of the reloads I've done after going on a killing spree or wanting to try something differently. When all is said and done I think I'll end up with 40 or so hours played.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Calavera520 said:
no you didn't. you didn't hack everything or do everything if you beat the game in around 20 hours.
I'd say I hacked the majority of terminals and doors I came across, even so finishing the game and every side mission is easily doable in around 20 hours.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I cannot fathom how someone can do everything and finish in 20 hours. I didn't do an excessive amount of exploration (but tried to check out everything at least once) and ended with 33 hours.

Bread

Banned
Quick question, I've seen pictures/videos of people destroying hookers/random civilians, are they just pressing square/circle/whatever melee button to do that?

ShaunBRS said:
Just encountered this fellow. All I can say is that I'm glad I got the first shot off.

2eeilwh.jpg

Damn, that's one hell of an augmentation

Grisby

Bread said:
Quick question, I've seen pictures/videos of people destroying hookers/random civilians, are they just pressing square/circle/whatever melee button to do that?

The takedown button, yes.

garath

thetrin said:
I cannot fathom how someone can do everything and finish in 20 hours. I didn't do an excessive amount of exploration (but tried to check out everything at least once) and ended with 33 hours.

That's about the time estimate I'm going to be hitting as well. I had only just gotten to
Montreal
after ~20 hours.

But I am exploring different paths, hacking everything I come across and even if I find a route for an objective, I usually backtrack and find a different one just to make sure I didn't miss anything cool.

EmCeeGramr said:
Sometimes the ragdolls do... funny things.

http://i.imgur.com/1vXn3.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IzSqt.jpg[IMG]

(i also had a cop fall face first onto a footstool, leaving him crouched on all fours, but I forgot to save a shot)[/QUOTE]I spent 10 minutes last night dragging two dudes into a passionate embrace, including mutual hand service. Then I cackled hysterically and wished I had Fraps installed.

Well i have say I am fairly ambivalent about the game. Energy, story, bosses, level layout, AI, augs, length, cover system are all very lacking. Game looks pretty tho.

Game is a strong 7 or weak 8.

I'd say I hacked the majority of terminals and doors I came across, even so finishing the game and every side mission is easily doable in around 20 hours.

I hacked every possible terminal I came across and finished the game in 18-20ish hours. I believe I also went AFK an hour or two during that time.

jim-jam bongs said:
I spent 10 minutes last night dragging two dudes into a passionate embrace, including mutual hand service. Then I cackled hysterically and wished I had Fraps installed.
If you're playing on Steam, then press F12. It saves a screenshot to the Steam Cloud.

HeadlessRoland said:
Well i have say I am fairly ambivalent about the game. Energy, story, bosses, level layout, AI, augs, length, cover system are all very lacking. Game looks pretty tho.

I'm happy we live in the day where most people disagree with you.

HeadlessRoland said:
I hacked every possible terminal I came across and finished the game in 18-20ish hours. I believe I also went AFK an hour or two during that time.

Then you didn't do vast majority of sidequests.

Angst

jim-jam bongs said:
I spent 10 minutes last night dragging two dudes into a passionate embrace, including mutual hand service. Then I cackled hysterically and wished I had Fraps installed.
Tried pressing F12? Steamworks :)

Sullichin

HeadlessRoland said:

Jeez some people are hard to please. I also don't know how you can finish the game that fast, I probably have that many hours and I'm only a little bit past the second boss. I agree the bosses are weak but don't think the game is lacking in those other areas.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
HeadlessRoland said:

This is crazy talk.

HeadlessRoland said:

Some people like to savor each bite for the rich flavors and others just wolf it down to fill their bellies.

Angst said:
Tried pressing F12? Steamworks :)

Oh I know that, I have it disabled because F12 is already my Fraps key but I forgot to install it on the PC I'm playing on since it's not my main one. Damn you guys really want to see guards getting hot and heavy.

HeadlessRoland said:

It's so weird seeing opinions so completely off the wall like this. Everything you mentioned I consider good and the bosses are like 30 minutes out of the entire game (from what I've read). The story, level layout, augs, length (18 hours, really?), and cover all work great... "very lacking" is just bizarre to hear. Don't know what else to say.

Grisby said:
The first boss gave me the most trouble. The 3rd and 4th went down in a matter of seconds.

I'm on the first boss now. It's just... it feels lame. I got through the entirety of the FEMA complex without setting off any alarms or killing anyone. I felt like a fucking god. And then, blam, I'm stuck in a room with Zoran Lazarević and I'm using my shotgun and grenades for the first time ever. Bleh.

If the first boss is the only one who's trouble, then that's great.

Castor Krieg said:
Then you didn't do vast majority of sidequests.

I missed one the AD something whatever.

Some people like to savor each bite for the rich flavors and others just wolf it down to fill their bellies.

The ole "stop to smell the roses" shtick.

It's so weird seeing opinions so completely off the wall like this. Everything you mentioned I consider good and the bosses are like 30 minutes out of the entire game (from what I've read). The story, level layout, augs, length (18 hours, really?), and cover all work great... "very lacking" is just bizarre to hear.

What system did you play the game on. Did you play the first game,system shock 1-2 and other similar games. I think this is going to be the major distinction between opinions. The boss fights are horribly designed and tedious. If you eschew heavy weaponry (as I did) the first boss can be nearly impossible to kill without backtracking or going to a previous save to get more ammo/kerploding stuff.

Timber

HeadlessRoland said:
What system did you play the game on. Did you play the first game,system shock 1-2 and other similar games. I think this is going to be the major distinction between opinions.
yikes guy

Grisby

Green Scar said:
I'm on the first boss now. It's just... it feels lame. I got through the entirety of the FEMA complex without setting off any alarms or killing anyone. I felt like a fucking god. And then, blam, I'm stuck in a room with Zoran Lazarević and I'm using my shotgun and grenades for the first time ever. Bleh.

If the first boss is the only one who's trouble, then that's great.

Well by the time you get to others you should be better equipped. For the first dude run around and throw gas canisters/red barrels.

Tip for the second boss, notably augmentation preference
. Have a some points spent to where you can walk through electricity unharmed.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't know, guys, but the second boss was fun.

Is that this bitch in AI room? There are tons of clues to learn where she goes. First, splashes on the water, second her sillhouete eclipses walls if you look from the other side of the room. I used the revolver with explosive bullets and electrocuted her in the end. It was like a minipuzzle.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
HeadlessRoland said:
If you eschew heavy weaponry (as I did) the first boss can be nearly impossible to kill without backtracking or going to a previous save to get more ammo/kerploding stuff.

Eh, it was a frustrating fight, but I managed to take him down by tossing explosive/poison canisters and blasting him with my revolver. I agree that it was a poorly designed fight, but I didn't have to do any backtracking to beat it.

Snuggler said:
Eh, it was a frustrating fight, but I managed to take him down by tossing explosive/poison canisters and blasting him with my revolver. I agree that it was a poorly designed fight, but I didn't have to do any backtracking to beat it.

Either did I, but if I had a slightly less amount of ammunition OR did not keep a rifle on me that I never used I would have had to. Using all explosives I had it was very close to not doable.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Enco said:
That's from the Something Awful art contest if I remember. That was great.

EDIT: That was linked above. I'm dumb.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
jim-jam bongs said:
That's what my game of the year vote is going to look like too.
If I get my PC upgraded this year and DOTA 2.0 doesn't comes out, Same. Deus Ex is easily the front runner right now for me and one of the best experiences of the generation.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
By the way I'm equipped with an upgraded heavy machine gun + 600 ammo but don't have any armor augs. That sucks. I don't want to drop it. Also 40 ammo for a revolver, about 90 ammo for a machine gun, 20 for PES and about 80 for a 5mm pistol. I just can't drop this shit.

And I'm playing as a mostly stealthy character with leet hacking skills.

Sullichin

HeadlessRoland said:
Either did I, but if I had a slightly less amount of ammunition OR did not keep a rifle on me that I never used I would have had to. Using all explosives I had it was very close to not doable.

The two bosses I fought so far give you everything you need to kill them in the room they're in or the one right before.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
jim-jam bongs said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1093026/images/general/those-are-my-augs.jpg

Spectacular
ooooomg, I totally forgot about that meme! :lol So good.

Yeah I love the meme too, the original "you are a dog you don't even wear shoes" one slays me every time I see it.

shintoki said:
If I get my PC upgraded this year and DOTA 2.0 doesn't comes out, Same. Deus Ex is easily the front runner right now for me and one of the best experiences of the generation.

It's really hard for me to pick a favourite between TW2 and HR, both of them are such incredible games for really different reasons. I think TW2 wins just barely because it featured a quest where Geralt got drunk and tried to cross a huge river on the back of a prostitute.

Top Bottom