• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Just finished up my second run with Pacifist/Foxiest of the Hounds. Just need to do a Hard run through now.

How are people beating it on Hard? Stealth heavy + Typhoon on bosses?

Also, how do you get the Gun Nut achievement/trophy? I read you only need 3 reload upgrades for the Tranq Rifle but I did that and it didn't pop.

Wallach

Gez said:
Cloaking is only OP because we have all the other augs in this game to make you into a 'Super Solider'. Compared to DX1's Cloaking, DX3's cloaking is underpowered.

Compared to DX1 Jensen is underpowered.

Mindlog

Papercuts said:
examples.
:]

This is an example from later in the game.
Point of Heng Sha
whatever build - takes some time
Cloak, Lungs, Sprint-Jump, Protein Bars, Dermal EMP (silent sprint optional but helpful), silenced pistol
Hop on the first electrified box and drop down. Move to the left using the stair cover. Cloak and sprint all the way to the turret. Hack that door and grab the bomb. You don't need lungs but it will speed things along. Double back to the turret. Sprint down to the end of the alley. Use the box to hop up. Shoot out the window. Hack the cameras. Cloak sprint to the stairs and use the cover to regen. Cloak sprint again up the stairs to the ladder. Enter the building through the vent on the far end. Drop in and place the bomb.
1 stop to recharge (not necessary if you pop a protein bar)
2 hacks
1 wait for guard timing (breaking the window)
Ghost - Smooth Operator

We need a speed run leaderboard.

Veitsev

jim-jam bongs said:
deus-ex-hr-cheese-mints.png

That was an extremely fun pair to get.

Should have got both but the game screwed me out of it. Never set off an alarm or killed anyone. I only used the tranq gun and stun gun as well as non lethal takedowns. Sometimes when I would go back through a level people that that previously were "Zzz" now showed skull icons. Fucking bullshit for all that effort.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, I had planned to start a new game of Xenoblade tonight, but I just couldn't resist going back into Deus Ex even after having beat it last night. I'm going to try to get Pacifist, Foxiest of the Hounds and Doctorate achievements.

Card Boy

Banned
Wallach said:

I remember wearing Ballistic Armour and having that Bullet Resist Aug with HP regeneration and running around with the Dragon Tooth sword chopping away at Majestic 12. Pretty much god mode.

Good times.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, how strict is the Foxiest of Hounds achievement? Do you just need to never get the "Alarmed" status? I mean, can enemies spot me and go hostile, or cameras briefly see me and go suspicious, as long as I never let an alarm trigger?

Wallach

Zefah said:
By the way, how strict is the Foxiest of Hounds achievement? Do you just need to never get the "Alarmed" status? I mean, can enemies spot me and go hostile, or cameras briefly see me and go suspicious, as long as I never let an alarm trigger?

Enemies should be able to spot you and go hostile, so long as you still prevent them from triggering an alarm.

red731

Oh man, I am having so much fun with this game.
I explore everywhere, hack everything and doesn't afraid of anything.

I've got the augumented edition and found the AUD (automatic unlock device) which I thought would be item that can be used indefinetly, but it isn't
- you can buy it(~300 creds) or choose not to use it whatsoever.

Three people - I love to tranqulize someone from distance, run up close and personal into a group of two, stun gun one and nonlethaly take down the other :D

Found that electric water sewer where you can elecrocute people in the water. Am not even thinking about killing them if unnecessary.

Dresden

Veitsev said:
Should have got both but the game screwed me out of it. Never set off an alarm or killed anyone. I only used the tranq gun and stun gun as well as non lethal takedowns. Sometimes when I would go back through a level people that that previously were "Zzz" now showed skull icons. Fucking bullshit for all that effort.
Tranq gun bug. Sometimes it shows them as being 'dead.'

ILOVEASIANS said:
How are people beating it on Hard? Stealth heavy + Typhoon on bosses?
It's not that difficult, I wouldn't worry about it. I finished a pacifist run and now started a KILL 'EM ALL run and either way it's easy stuff, both on Hard.

Also, I'm not hacking at all this run, which is cutting down a ton of playtime. Only using found passcodes.

Veitsev said:

Yeah, I got fucked on Pacifist as well. My only thought could be that one of the assholes ran into one of their own proximity mines and killed himself.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wallach said:

Maxed out regen + speed + dragons tooth.

Feels good man.

Wallach

EatChildren said:
Maxed out regen + speed + dragons tooth.

Feels good man.

You pretty much didn't even have to pay attention after a certain point. Just run around and swing that bitch.

I'm more of a pistol guy myself. Still surprised they allow you to silence the 10mm in this game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
People who complain about the Augs in DXHR, and never played DX1 don't know how good they have it.

I'm going to go max out swimming, guys!

Recarpo

Zefah said:

As long as an alarm isn't set off, you should be good. There are times during the game that it automatically will go into alarmed mode but you don't have to worry about those.

scitek

The bartender was trying to extort money from that chick, so I gave him 5k and then killed him to take it back. Everyone else didn't agree with my decision.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
mujun said:
I'm really disappointed in this game. I turned the difficulty down to easy and I'm trying to get through it quickly.

it's certainly not a game for you. And I don't know why have you decided to get it since they were pretty honest with their marketing and didn't pull Bioware.

scitek said:
The bartender was trying to extort money from that chick, so I gave him 5k and then killed him to take it back. Everyone else didn't agree with my decision.

That was the chick's fault, she was going to spend more than 5k yearly in neoropozyne anyway. When i learned about how low were the fees asked I came back to her apartment and punched her in the face.

ezekial45 said:
How do
you get her husband to survive?
First: Actually start the mission by getting to the helipad as soon as possible, not screwing around at Sarif.
Second: Disarm the bomb by hacking or apparently shooting a certain part with a pistol or stun gun (I've never seen that last method myself but some people here said that it works)

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
looking at this video I think that the guy cheated. He has too many augs installed for this level.

ezekial45

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
First: Actually start the mission by getting to the helipad as soon as possible, not screwing around at Sarif.
Second: Disarm the bomb by hacking or apparently shooting a certain part with a pistol or stun gun (I've never seen that last method myself but some people here said that it works)

What bomb? Was that an optional area? I don't remember seeing a bomb.

ezekial45 said:
What bomb? Was that an optional area? I don't remember seeing a bomb.

You missed the room with the hostages.. Assembly line 1, there's an office on the second floor of that lab room..

grkazan12

Can anyone help me with the
Forgotten Acquaintances
side quest, I'm pretty sure that I completed all the prerequisites but I just can't get it to activate.

Danj

Robobandit said:
You missed the room with the hostages.. Assembly line 1, there's an office on the second floor of that lab room..

yeah I missed that too. Lol at that video though.

Does anyone else get the idea that the ammo for crossbow is very limited? Or does it change when you actually have it equipped? I'm asking because you can get it in the beginning in Detroit, however the weapons comes with like 3 shots.

kitch9

Banned
Shalashaska161 said:
Looks like Steam just updated something after I quit out of playing it just now. Any ideas on what this patch might do?

Sure it wasn't Steam cloud update that happens every time you quit?

red731

I don't know if you know this PS3 players.

Hook up your keyboard and write passwords and type codes on numeric.

I wanted that and Eidos fulfilled it. Like in good old Deus Ex.

And while I was playing -

no spoiler but still
Walking around and hearing someone whistling Deus Ex theme? Unatco music playing on radio?
Holy shit this is awesome. When I stumble upon these little things I say no way and laugh away. Cool.

Top Bottom