• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

pahamrick

aeolist said:
How did you do this exactly?

Get CheatEngine 6.1 installed (http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php)

Then do the following

1) Start up DE:HR and load into whatever game you want to play
2) ALT + TAB out of the game
3) Start up CheatEngine
4) Click the Computer icon under File to select a process, select dxhr.exe
5) Click the Table menu, then click Show Cheat Table Lua Script
6) Paste in the following script:

// This script, credit to Wisq, will recharge ALL of your batteries, not just the first one
local addr = "[[[[[dxhr.exe+01735288]+4]+C]+100]+3C]+274";
local f = createForm(true);
local t = createTimer(f, true);
timer_setInterval(t, 1000);
timer_onTimer(t, function()
local energy = readFloat(addr);
if math.abs(energy % 30.0) < 0.005 then
writeFloat(addr, energy + 0.01);
end
end);

7) Click Execute Script, then simply click back into DE:HR and enjoy having all your batteries recharge.

Heavy said:
There is S5
Isn't that cloak and daggers?

I think I've done Cloak and Daggers. Let me check...

...yeah, that's S4 (Jenny's mission). S5 is Officer Nicholas's sidequest, I think, going by the trophy list.

Green Scar said:
I think I've done Cloak and Daggers. Let me check...

...yeah, that's S4 (Jenny's mission). S5 is Officer Nicholas's sidequest, I think, going by the trophy list.
Hmm I'm trying to remember who Officer Nicholas is... could be the retired cop who sits at a desk at the ground floor entrance to one of the apartment buildings.

Heavy said:
Hmm I'm trying to remember who Officer Nicholas is... could be the retired cop who sits at a desk at the ground floor entrance to one of the apartment buildings.

No, this sidequest happens on your second visit to Detroit.

Also, Aim Stabilizing augmentation is kinda wonky - it is supposed to reduce "movement-induced" aiming penalties, however in fact it eliminates the moving reticle in e.g. Tranq Rifle, even when you are standing motionless while aiming. Not to mention Crossbow doesn't have moving reticle at all, even without the augmentation.

aeolist

Banned
pahamrick said:
Get CheatEngine 6.1 installed (http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php)

Then do the following

1) Start up DE:HR and load into whatever game you want to play
2) ALT + TAB out of the game
3) Start up CheatEngine
4) Click the Computer icon under File to select a process, select dxhr.exe
5) Click the Table menu, then click Show Cheat Table Lua Script
6) Paste in the following script:

// This script, credit to Wisq, will recharge ALL of your batteries, not just the first one
local addr = "[[[[[dxhr.exe+01735288]+4]+C]+100]+3C]+274";
local f = createForm(true);
local t = createTimer(f, true);
timer_setInterval(t, 1000);
timer_onTimer(t, function()
local energy = readFloat(addr);
if math.abs(energy % 30.0) < 0.005 then
writeFloat(addr, energy + 0.01);
end
end);

7) Click Execute Script, then simply click back into DE:HR and enjoy having all your batteries recharge.
Worked perfectly, thanks.

Do you have to paste this every time or will it save?

Ok here's the side quests I have done in Detroit (I'm only just starting second hub so it doesn't include when you go back to Detroit later in the game):

One good turn deserves another (
need to save wife Thorpe in intro mission
Cloak and Daggers
Motherly Ties
Voices from the dark (
have to let Zeke go in intro
Lesser evils
Paging adam jensen

protonion

As a huge Deus Ex fan, I'm enjoying this game a lot but not as much as I hoped.
The world is great. There is a lot of dialogue for all npcs which I like. Tons of exploration. Story seems good so far.

But it has flaws and quite big ones.

-First AI. It's just so bad. At one point I was discovered and running away. I realised that they would not go through a certain door. 10 enemies gathered on the same spot looking at me without firing. And many other ridiculus moments.

-I hate that the game doesn't like to be played as a shooter.

-Bad pacing. Way too much hacking.

-The first boss...WTF was this? It's like they told a programmer to make a boss without telling him what game it was for.

8/10. Good but not Deus Ex good.

thefil

protonion said:
As a huge Deus Ex fan, I'm enjoying this game a lot but not as much as I hoped.
The world is great. There is a lot of dialogue for all npcs which I like. Tons of exploration. Story seems good so far.

But it has flaws and quite big ones.

-First AI. It's just so bad. At one point I was discovered and running away. I realised that they would not go through a certain door. 10 enemies gathered on the same spot looking at me without firing. And many other ridiculus moments.

-I hate that the game doesn't like to be played as a shooter.

-Bad pacing. Way too much hacking.

-The first boss...WTF was this? It's like they told a programmer to make a boss without telling him what game it was for.

8/10. Good but not Deus Ex good.

I definitely agree with points 2 and 3. In Deus Ex you could be anything. In this, no matter what you do, you are still supposed to be doing stealth kills and hacking; those level 1 hack terminals placed at all the map bottlenecks speak to this.

At least at the hard difficulty my attempts to use augments and weapons to go Rambo style are completely ineffectual. No Terminator possibility here.

protonion

Castor Krieg said:
OPTIONAL.

You mean in the same way as original Deus Ex, which you are a FAN of?

1. Yes it's optional but the rewards are too good to ignore. It's like saying that rpg battles are optional. If I escape a lot I'm doomed.

2.Deus Ex could be played as a shooter just fine. A bit of stealth and tactic was needed of course but not like in HR.

Paches

thefil said:
I definitely agree with points 2 and 3. In Deus Ex you could be anything. In this, no matter what you do, you are still supposed to be doing stealth kills and hacking; those level 1 hack terminals placed at all the map bottlenecks speak to this.

At least at the hard difficulty my attempts to use augments and weapons to go Rambo style are completely ineffectual. No Terminator possibility here.

On my no hacking run I was able to get by a lot of level 1 terminals, there really weren't that many I can recall that I HAD to hack. You could get past the lasers by knocking a guard out and dragging his body close to them to deactivate them, or use a vent passage.

Wallach

I think DX:HR is quite a bit more proficient at allowing you to play it as a shooter. The problem is that it doesn't reward you appropriately (though DX was often not great about this either).

Gowans

Arg! Help!

"here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead!

exYle

I just got the Social Enhancement aug and I'm pretty late in the game
Hengsha for the second time
, and I have no idea how it works. What do the Alpha, Beta, and Omega personality types mean?

Gowans007 said:
I think my character is too weak for a boss fight.

I keep getting zapped and nothing I can so about it :( help

Which boss? I had the same problem.

EDIT: Ah, this is what I did. (No skin upgrades so I took normal damage.)

Only walk the inside ring, that way she wont electricute the floor. Keep walking in circles until the runs at you, cloak and move behind her. She only shoots in 1 direction so point blank range, bang bang bang till she runs away.

Basically, repeat this and vary it now and again.

EDIT: Different boss. :(

Wallach said:
I think DX:HR is quite a bit more proficient at allowing you to play it as a shooter. The problem is that it doesn't reward you appropriately (though DX was often not great about this either).

Yeah, definitely feel more like a badass when playing stealth. Also bullets are limited and you can't carry much of them.

Gowans007 said:
Arg! Help!

"here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead! "here she comes" dead!
As soon as you gain control turn to the side and sprint away from her. If you have the Typhoon system just use that on her and run after she is stunned. Once you get away try putting mines down in the room to hurt and stun her or try shooting the electric cells on the wall to electrocute her (make sure you are on the metal platforms or have the aug that makes you invulnerable to electricity if you do this). The cloak is also useful if you have it.

The most important thing is running away from her when she charges you. There are also a ton of EMP mines in the drawers around the room which are fantastic against her. Also try to keep something between yourself and her when she's shooting so she can't hit you.

Dresden

exYle said:
, and I have no idea how it works. What do the Alpha, Beta, and Omega personality types mean?
It's for the pheromone release function of the CASIE.

Alphas can be appeased.

Betas can be charmed.

Omegas can be bullied.

Yeah, definitely feel more like a badass when playing stealth. Also bullets are limited and you can't carry much of them.
On my second terminator run I had 200 10mm bullets by the time I left for
Highland Park
, lol.

Dakota47

exYle said:

When you are talking to someone watch which of the three personality types lights up. When you get the conversation options there will be a prompt to activate the social enhancement aug. The different conversation options will now tell you which answer is good for which personality type.

Rufus

Gowans007 said:
Arg! Help!

Second boss? Stun Gun, then Typhoon (or any other weapon) at close range. You can also use the pylons around the room by shooting them when she's close. Just make sure you're far enough away.

edit: Beaten, as always.

Gowans

Man I'm so badly set up for this, no typhoon no cloak no electricity resistance.

Also how far am I though the main story?

Dresden

Gowans007 said:
Man I'm so badly set up for this, no typhoon no cloak no electricity resistance.

Halfway mark, roughly.

Just youtube the fight or something. See what they do. If it's still too difficult, tone down to difficulty to normal.

Gowans007 said:

If I were you I would just abuse the EMP mines in the room and shoot her with whatever I had when they stun her. That's probably your best bet. You can also shoot the cells to electrocute her just make sure you get to the platform that isn't covered in the liquid stuff. I've also heard that the stun gun works very well on her but I haven't tried it myself.
You're over half-way but you still have a decent chunk left.

Rufus

The stun gun works really well on her. I haven't tried it out on the first boss, but it works better on her than on the third boss for sure. The fight was over in under a minute for me, thanks to Typhoon. The only time I ever used it, actually...

IoCaster

Danne-Danger said:
At the end of the day though, I'd say it would be better to remove the mini-game entirely (for most games). Even here, which is the best I've seen, it gets tiresome by the end. And the bonuses make hacking way too powerful to omit from your build. Just make me hold a button to fill a bar, it doesn't need to be harder than that.

I absolutely agree with this. I've thought about it often enough since I play so many RPGs and dislike having to waste time with tedious mini-games in general. I think there should always be an option to use brute force or something similar. That strikes me as a decent compromise so that the people that enjoy the mini-games don't get shafted while I can simply blast through obstacles and keep moving.

Zenith said:
I don't get this. The shooting is excellent. I certainly played it that way.
Yeah, because otherwise I shouldn't have been able to beat parts of the game, because lord knows I'm not good at Stealth. Hell, I never even had that much problems with the bosses (well a little with the second, but not too much). It's good for whatever way you want to play it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
A heavy machine gun is quite good with recoil upgrade.

Also I have a question. I'd rather find out myself but I want a hint

I'm back at Hengsha and I need some sort of firmware to patch the glitch. But I have a strong suspicion that it's all A PART OF THE PLAN. So when shit hits the fan they'll be ale to use whatever they installed in me. I just want a hint, only yes/no answer - am I right suspecting something??

Dresden

subversus said:

I'm back at Hengsha and I need some sort of firmware to patch the glitch. But I have a strong suspicion that it's all A PART OF THE PLAN. So when shit hits the fan they'll be ale to use whatever they installed in me. I just want a hint, only yes/no answer - am I right suspecting something??
Yes.

subversus said:

Maybe.

EDIT: Aww, Dresden spoiled the fun. :(

Wallach

IoCaster said:
I absolutely agree with this. I've thought about it often enough since I play so many RPGs and dislike having to waste time with tedious mini-games in general. I think there should always be an option to use brute force or something similar. That strikes me as a decent compromise so that the people that enjoy the mini-games don't get shafted while I can simply blast through obstacles and keep moving.

I'm not sure how you would implement it in so it works in DX:HR since the time it actually takes a player to hack is a secondary function of the game's stealth (i.e. hacking stuff in an area that people patrolling/wandering may find you performing said hacking). I'm not totally against simplifying the action itself for those that get tired of the clicking involved, though the time function needs to remain. Probably shouldn't allow the player to get the optional datastore bonuses when doing it that way either. So it would be like holding a button to allow the game to automatically take the most direct route in the mini-game to the green nodes (which aren't always the fastest way to win a hack), I guess.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
subversus said:

Yes.

People that don't like the hacking should play EYE. Now there is some bad hacking.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
subversus said:
hehehe, I knew it.

I hope you didn't lie lol
It's pretty obvious, imo. Anyone who played DX1 should have suspected something was up.

Then again, everybody lies.

Inkwell

Banned
The game is fantastic so far, but I'm worried about the inevitable next boss fight. I'm trying to do a no kills stealth run, but that first boss was just so difficult. It didn't help that when I entered the fight I had no damage dealing weapons besides a pistol. Had no armor upgrades either (and still don't!). As far as I know there isn't a stealth/puzzle-ish way to deal with bosses, and that's kind of a downer.

Inkwell said:
The game is fantastic so far, but I'm worried about the inevitable next boss fight. I'm trying to do a no kills stealth run, but that first boss was just so difficult. It didn't help that when I entered the fight I had no damage dealing weapons besides a pistol. Had no armor upgrades either (and still don't!). As far as I know there isn't a stealth/puzzle-ish way to deal with bosses, and that's kind of a downer.
Take the hit now and invest in the Typhoon Explosive System. That will put all of your worries to rest. Also, there are tons of weapons and ammo in all of the rooms where boss fights occur.

Top Bottom