• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Rufus

Ventilaator said:
Alright I'm done. The third boss fight is impossible, and you are all insane. Some people in this thread are going "Phffft, I beat him in 15 seconds"

15 SECONDS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF TIME I'VE MANAGED TO STAY ALIVE
I had the same issues at first as well. Load a previous autosave, you should have one right before you flush out the guards with the distraction. There's an area right before the tunnel entrance to the tunnel where a robot patrols around. Hack into the storage area there and grab the laser rifle. It will make the fight much much easier. The code is hidden somewhere (don't ask me where though, I have no idea...) if you can't hack into it.
Your fight plan once you have the laser rifle: Stay on the outside ring of the room. Go into cover on one of the corners and keep a look out for him. Once he shows up, blind fire at him with the laser. You can tell that you're hitting him when it staggers him a bit (he doesn't make a sound, weirdly). Move to a different corner of the room of he gets to close or throws his grenades, repeat. The laser rifle is really easy to blind fire, which is perfect, since his plasma rifle obviously just rips you up.

Dresden said:
...Son of a bitch.

I find myself pretty torn atm. I absolutely despise the choices I've made in the story, upgrades, everything. It's all about to end in a way I really don't care for.
Why did I think it was a good idea to get that new chip installed?
. I want to restart the game and to do a 100% better playthrough, but it makes more sense to just go ahead and finish so I can stop ducking spoilers all over the place. Decisions, decisions.

Damn, can someone count the number of Praxis kits lying around in Detroit? I think there are supposed to be 3:

1. Sarif Plant
2. Behind Lvl. 5 door
3. In the sewers behind the wall?

Playing for the 3rd time, got to highland Park, I have 10k EXP more than in two other playthroughs, however the number of augments is more-or-less the same? Also, is Ghost available for every single objective? I don't think so.

ironcreed

Banned
Finally beat it last night. Other than some brain dead A.I. and lackluster (but satisfying in terms of vengeance) boss battles, the game was great. All of the vent crawling and hiding began to dull on me towards the end, but overall it delivered for me. I'll give it a solid 8.5. Great game.

*On a side note, the last level in Panchea is hilarious.
I see you sneaker! RAHHH, I can't take it anymore!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Evolved1 said:
That's what I mean by clunky. And I don't really like the idea of forced boss fights to begin with... you know, and I don't really enjoy the game as a shooter.

yes, the system feels clunky in boss fights as they're generally more fast paced than usual encounters.

malfcn

Was it a waste to give
Windmill, the Dutchman a revolver?
I figured that another one could come up. Had a laser on a combat rifle and didn't want to give that up. Since I mostly rely on the 10mm, figured it was fine.

Deadly

malfcn said:
Was it a waste to give
I figured that another one could come up. Had a laser on a combat rifle and didn't want to give that up. Since I mostly rely on the 10mm, figured it was fine.
He nets you 2000 creds later on.

Carbonox

I'm really starting to enjoy the game more now that the story picked up a fair bit (
back in Hengsha
). The realisation only really kicked in after I beat the second boss. Before that, it was a bit stop-start and took a while to wrap my head around things.

Oh, and playing on "Give Me Deus Ex" mode is the best way to play the game. I don't think I'd enjoy it more if the game was any easier.

Evolved1 said:
So... got to the first boss fight. Having been playing completely stealth I'm pretty annoyed to have to fight this guy straight up.

I think this game works as a stealth game, though it's a bit too easy (so far), even on the highest difficulty. As a shooter -- I have another save file I'm going through weapons hot -- I don't think it's very good... combat generally feels really clunky (another dev who sucks at implementing analog aiming) and boring. Well, except for the revolver... which is pretty cool.

Anyway, I'm disappointed that they're forcing me into direct combat. I don't think the game does it very well. It's not fun. As a stealth game this is awesome. As a shooter I feel like I have better things to do. This part really took the wind out of my sails after such a good sneaking section.

I had the same problem when I got to the first boss. I died a bunch of times, until I decided, hey, why not play to my stealth strengths. I ended up cloaking, running behind a pillar, waiting for him to walk away from me or near a barrel, pop out and shoot him in the head/barrel, cloak, run to a new pillar, rinse/repeat. Wasn't too difficult once I got the pattern down. Especially since he
ended up gassing himself with one of his own grenades accidentally, because I lured him close to a wall.

Turfster

Ventilaator said:
If I stopped to shoot at him I died. If I stopped from running away I got blown up by a grenade or disabled long enough by an EMP grenade for him to still kill me. The logical conclusion I drew from that was to keep moving. That gave me 15 seconds worth of time to attempt the glitch as shown in the video.

I went for a pacifist first run. (failed it due to accidental selfkills by mobs, but that's not the point)

I basically observed the third guy, then
threw like 8 of my UR-DEDs in the same place, waited for him to jump over the wall and blew them all when he was coming down.
Boom, one hit kill without glitching him.

The first guy was pretty easy once I got used to the throwing mechanic.
Pick up poison and exploding barrels, alternate, 4 barrels and he's down.
Not a single shot fired.

I had a hell of a time with the second one though.
I basically survived because she glitched and just stood there while I emptied clip after clip into her after 10 tries. (No I hadn't gotten a single armor upgrade yet)

Damn this game is amazing. I finished the game three days ago and uninstalled it, thinking I wouldn't play it for a while. But I already want to play it again. Incredible!

DryvBy

Ok, I've been playing for near an hour on the first big boss (the Terminator dude with the minigun). WTF. I've died maybe twice the entire game, playing on hard as a John McClane/Rambo killer, and this guy just will not die. Here's what I'm doing:

EMP
Pick up barrel, throw it at him (x3)
EMP
Throw last barrel I see, throw grenade and another
Machine gun him
Run out of ammo, now I just round around til I die.

Turfster

DryvBy2 said:
Ok, I've been playing for near an hour on the first big boss (the Terminator dude with the minigun). WTF. I've died maybe twice the entire game, playing on hard as a John McClane/Rambo killer, and this guy just will not die. Here's what I'm doing:

EMP
Are you only using one kind of barrel? (see spoiler higher)
Also, I dunno if it made any difference, but I threw mine at his back.
He went down pretty easy for me...

malfcn said:
Was it a waste to give

There are many in game.

DryvBy

Turfster said:
Are you only using one kind of barrel? (see spoiler higher)
Also, I dunno if it made any difference, but I threw mine at his back.
He went down pretty easy for me...
That might be the issue then. I just noticed throwing one at his back mad him kinda loopy. I'm trying this.

Uchip

Banned
DryvBy2 said:

EMP
EMP
Machine gun him

tried throwing the extinguisher at him?

Einbroch

Banned
GameFly copy just arrived! Going out to town tomorrow though, won't be back until Tuesday. Dive in tonight and play for a few hours or wait untill Tuesday...hmm...

Turfster

Einbroch said:
GameFly copy just arrived! Going out to town tomorrow though, won't be back until Tuesday. Dive in tonight and play for a few hours or wait untill Tuesday...hmm...
You dive in tonight, and the next time you look up, it'll probably be Tuesday ;)

subversus

DryvBy2 said:

EMP
EMP
Machine gun him

there are plenty weapons lying around.

DryvBy

I'm really starting to think this is a glitch. I actually just caught him in an area where he couldn't move. I gathered all the ammo I could find. He wasn't throwing grenades, just shooting near me. I hid behind a box, which was about 2 feet from him, and hit him in the head over and over with a shotgun. Used all the barrels I could find, and 3 grenades. He unglitched and killed me when I went to look for anything I may have missed. This is kinda ticking me off.

mudkyp

Just beat the game and found it a very fulfilling experience. I felt the game lived up to the Dues Ex legacy quite nicely. Really looking forward to Eidos Montreal's next game. :D

subversus

so far 61.5% of players on PC killed the first boss. It's pretty good considering that the game wasn't released a long time ago. I'll take a look again in a month or so.

So any tips on defeating the second boss? Ive tried about 15 times now and its starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game. No typhoon, more of a stealth build. Have heavy machine gun and pistol.

TheApatheticOne said:
So any tips on defeating the second boss? Ive tried about 15 times now and its starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game. No typhoon, more of a stealth build. Have heavy machine gun and pistol.
Do you have:

-A stun gun?
-Any kind of gas, concussion, or EMP mines or grenades? (there are EMP mines in a locker)
-Electrical resistance aug?

Amir0x

Banned
man i just put a mine by one side of my access point and a mine by the other side, and no matter which side she came from she'd fuck herself up, then I'd go in and massacre her with the heavy rifle. If I ran out of mines for some reason, i just whipped out my stun gun and would stun her and then shoot her in the face with the heavy rifle some more. She was pretty easy dawg, and I didn't even have the protect myself from electricity shit.

Do you have:

-A stun gun? Nope
-Any kind of gas, concussion, or EMP mines or grenades? 3 EMP, 1 gas
-Electrical resistance aug? Nope

Dont have any armor aug either. Ive had a few good rounds of finding the boss, EMPing, and just UNLOADING but boss is certainly a boss. lol

Solo

Honestly, the boss fights are TOO easy. All 4 of the place you in rooms with OH-SO-CONVENIENT ammo and weapon caches.

subversus

TheApatheticOne said:
Do you have:

-A stun gun? Nope
-Any kind of gas, concussion, or EMP mines or grenades? 3 EMP, 1 gas
-Electrical resistance aug? Nope

Dont have any armor aug either. Ive had a few good rounds of finding the boss, EMPing, and just UNLOADING but boss is certainly a boss. lol

first, there are armouries around the arena.
second, you can easily find her by splashes on the water and blurred silhouette if you watch from afar.

don't let her get close to you, run away. You can shoot at some electric shit on the walls and this will shock her too but if you don't have any resistance don't do it.

My advice - stun her by any mean and shoot from a revolver (with exploding rounds preferably). Heavy machine gun is too slow unfortunately. You can also try a shotgun.

Solo said:
Honestly, the boss fights are TOO easy. All 4 of the place you in rooms with OH-SO-CONVENIENT ammo and weapon caches.

Yeah, first one I beat on the second try and the first death was my fault. This one's giving me a world of trouble for whatever reason.

Geiting some lunch, and will try again later! : )

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
Nope. I ripped his head off and shit down his neck.
I didn't get that aug yet... :D

Finished it about an hour ago.

Aside from the first boss fight, I was having trouble with another one. Without going into specifics, I used my grenade launcher and fucked his shit up! TRY CLOAKING AND DODGING NOW, BITCH!

Davidion

Goddamn...I got a little enthusiastic and (police station)
took out the entire police station from basement to the front of the first floor and the entire second floor before I realized that there's more XP in talking to the receptionist.

Max leveling can be done the wrong way, apparently...

Davidion said:
Goddamn...I got a little enthusiastic and (police station)
took out the entire police station from basement to the front of the first floor and the entire second floor before I realized that there's more XP in talking to the receptionist.

Max leveling can be done the wrong way, apparently...

i did the samething. took me like a fucking hour to go from the top floor down to the basement, laying waste to all those pigs. then i was told i could've just walked in and sweet talked my way to the basement -_-

Davidion

subversus said:
lol I couldn't break this whiny fuck

Haas the receptionist? I got him in one shot, though I would have totally reloaded to get this fucker.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i did the samething. took me like a fucking hour to go from the top floor down to the basement, laying waste to all those pigs. then i was told i could've just walked in and sweet talked my way to the basement -_-

You know what I just realized? If you talk to haas first I think all the doors open so you can't hack them. However, I think if you break in first then he won't talk to you.

WHAT'S A MIN MAXER TO DO

I'm stuck at the boss
Namir
as I feel severely crippled . I had my augments replaced in China so I'm handicapped there. Plus I don't have any augments to resist gas and EMPS. I try to move between across walls an shoot when he jumps over but that didn't work after putting 16 revolver shots in him. Then I tried with the same technique with Assault Rifle

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Oh yeah, I just remembered there was a mission in Hengsha where you had to
get some information or something off a guy and he demanded credits. I 'intimidated' him and said no and he said he'd make sure I'd regret it
. I don't think anything ever came of it. What was supposed to happen?

KorrZ

Solo said:

People are already complaining about not being prepared/properly equipped to deal with the bosses. Could you imagine the shitstorm if those weapon caches weren't littered throughout the boss rooms?

ironcreed

Banned
DryvBy2 said:

EMP
EMP
Machine gun him

I just took cover behind a pillar after he threw a grenade at me. Then I promptly hurled an emp and gas grenade in succession, then I just took cover and took him down with a few shots from a revolver and combat rifle. Took me maybe 35 seconds to kill him, but this was on normal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
KorrZ said:
People are already complaining about not being prepared/properly equipped to deal with the bosses. Could you imagine the shitstorm if those weapon caches weren't littered throughout the boss rooms?

It's funny, I feel like hearing complaints about the bosses in this thread made me enjoy the first fight way more than I expected it to. I sort of disagree about it forcing you into direct combat... I expected there to only be one way to win, but my first strategy worked, he barely saw me at any point during the fight, and I didn't use any of the goodies scattered about to win. Won on the third try on Give Me Deus Ex.

ironcreed

Banned
TheApatheticOne said:

Wait until she charges you and simply run to the side in a wide circle away from the damage right when she gets ready to do her attack. From there unload on her. Rinse and repeat and run after her and unload more while she is recharging. I did this with nothing but a heavy rifle and it took me a couple of minutes at most.

Top Bottom