• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yup. MSI GTX 580

my condolences. It had AMD logo in intro. From what I read Nvidia owners experience crashes and some visual glitches in DX11. Try turning it off.

May be they'll patch it down the line - devs or Nvidia themselves.

subversus said:
my condolences. It had AMD logo in intro. From what I read Nvidia owners experience crashes and some visual glitches in DX11. Try turning it off.

May be they'll patch it down the line - devs or Nvidia themselves.

Understood. DX9 is more stable but I still get the odd crash. There also seems to be a strange stuttering problem and I doubt it's due to frame rate dips. I have D3Doverrider running v-sync and triple buffering.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Gouda Jouji said:
Damn, I didn't know you could save
her
. I'm a few hours past there, I almost want to go back and try again.

I'll probably do it like this guy: (SPOILERS obviously).

Wow, I totally could have pulled that off. I didn't realize how oblivious the enemy would be of you.

The third boss comes much sooner after the second than I expected. Spoilers:
I knew getting the fix at the limb clinic would come back to bite me but I did it anyway. Had I known it would make the worst part of the game even worse I wouldn't have. Not looking forward to fighting this guy. :\

subversus

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Understood. DX9 is more stable but I still get the odd crash. There also seems to be a strange stuttering problem and I doubt it's due to frame rate dips. I have D3Doverrider running v-sync and triple buffering.

stuttering problem is common for pretty much everybody. I don't have it but I have i5-2500k + 4 gigs of RAM.

Enco

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yup. MSI GTX 580
I have the GTX 580 and have had zero crashes.

Nearly finished the game. Not sure what my play time is as Steam kinda messed up but it's well over 20 hours I'm sure.

Wallach

subversus said:
I tried Typhoon on the 2nd and 3rd bosses and it sucked. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

What the heck?

On the hardest difficulty, the second boss ran up to me and died from two Typhoons and a few gunshots to the head while she was dazed. She literally got to do nothing. I did the exact same thing to the third boss, except I think I used three and no gunshots. They don't even get to move, really.

Something happened earlier that annoyed me quite a bit (early spoilers)

I went to meet Zeke Sanders is that back alley by Sarif Industries and after getting the info from him I thought why don't I stun gun his ass, drag him into Sarif Industries, and leave him unconscious in the lobby to see what happens. Better yet, why don't I leave him in David's office! But the police see me dragging him and immediately open fire. This is the guy that attacked the plant, killed innocents and I'm bringing him to justice. Immersion breaker.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Enco said:
Nearly finished the game. Not sure what my play time is as Steam kinda messed up but it's well over 20 hours I'm sure.

My Steam time went from 21 hours last night to 18 hours this afternoon. Now it's back to 21 hours after I played for an additional three hours.

Bungieware said:
Something happened earlier that annoyed me quite a bit (early spoilers)

I went to meet Zeke Sanders is that back alley by Sarif Industries and after getting the info from him I thought why don't I stun gun his ass, drag him into Sarif Industries, and leave him unconscious in the lobby to see what happens. Better yet, why don't I leave him in David's office! But the police see me dragging him and immediately open fire. This is the guy that attacked the plant, killed innocents and I'm bringing him to justice. Immersion breaker.

While I do think the police are too trigger happy, it's not like those particular cops would have assuredly known that was him.

Anyone think there was a "kill tong" quest cut? I cant think of a reason why that vent that looks into his office would exist. Its not like looking in and somehow being able to make out that oversturated photo of him behind his desk changes the conversation with the bartender.

subversus said:
stuttering problem is common for pretty much everybody. I don't have it but I have i5-2500k + 4 gigs of RAM.

Yeah I have the same processor OC'd to 4.4Ghz and 8 gigs of RAM. So I'm pretty certain it's not a performance issue.

Enco said:
I have the GTX 580 and have had zero crashes.

Dammit :(

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
LabouredSubterfuge said:

Turn off DX11 mode. I had the same problem, game would bug out and my video card would crash. Once I turned DX11 off I'd just have low frame rate every once in awhile. Haven't had it crash yet.

Does Alarmed status mean anything? Like are you still considered never seen and stuff if enemies become alarmed and start looking around? Or do they have to become Hostile to cancel out your ghost/invisible status?

Like can I throw boxes, make sounds/footsteps to make enemies start moving around to give me a better shot of taking them out?

FFS, just botched Ghost bonus for Highland Park. How on earth is that possible? I put everyone there to sleep, didn't even bother killing the robot because I was afraid it will ruin the bonus! 68k EXP now.

pahamrick

Wallach said:
What the heck?

On the hardest difficulty, the second boss ran up to me and died from two Typhoons and a few gunshots to the head while she was dazed. She literally got to do nothing. I did the exact same thing to the third boss, except I think I used three and no gunshots. They don't even get to move, really.

Yeah, same here. I used the typhoon on the second and third boss without issue. The range is pretty sure, so you almost need to be right up on them. Typhoon was my go to boss killer, and now I make sure I get it as early as possible on any other builds just in case I need it.

Wallach

robotzombie said:
Does Alarmed status mean anything? Like are you still considered never seen and stuff if enemies become alarmed and start looking around? Or do they have to become Hostile to cancel out your ghost/invisible status?

Like can I throw boxes, make sounds/footsteps to make enemies start moving around to give me a better shot of taking them out?

I'm pretty sure you can get Ghost if a guard is in Alarmed state, but I don't think you'll still get it if a camera goes into Suspicious state.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Anyone think there was a "kill tong" quest cut? I cant think of a reason why that vent that looks into his office would exist. Its not like looking in and somehow being able to make out that oversturated photo of him behind his desk changes the conversation with the bartender.
You can sneak back there instead of talking to him upstairs. If you do there's a special cut scene from Jensen's perspective in the vent where a guy from Belltower asks Tong about the hacker then leaves pissed off. Tong then calls his boys and you overhear him say where they stashed him. Sadly you can't open his door or shoot him through the vent though.

Enco

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yeah I have the same processor OC'd to 4.4Ghz and 8 gigs of RAM. So I'm pretty certain it's not a performance issue.

Dammit :(
My CPU isn't OC'd so maybe that's the issue?

I get a bit of stuttering every now and then. The game can be better optimized so I wouldn't put all the blame on your system.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Anyone have some cool HR related wallpapers? So many cool pics/art stuff but everything seem low-res/compressed :(

Salsa

aab4b059b5a11e04d25c409d6dbf2f305dbb5e69.PNG

still going

Turfster said:
I assume you didn't get a preorder/bought the 'limited' (read: normal) european edition?
If you did, just use one of the automatic hackers ;)

Edit: If you do, let the bodyguard calm down before you walk away from it tho, otherwise he's going to take you down ;)

I don't have one of those :(

I really wanna finish this side mission before moving on, the main mission marker says all side-missions will be canceled if I move on.

blanky said:
I have an Asus 580 but had the exact same problems. I went to the 280.26 drivers and that helped a lot but didnt cure it.

Interesting, I'll check them out.

I'm just overclocking my GPU now. Someone on the Steam forums mentioned it might be to do with the voltage drop when the card is under stress (i.e. tesselation heavy scenes). I'm going to up my voltage to see if that helps stability.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
subversus said:
by the way does anybody know what happened to the boss fight from the old leaked walkthrough in
in Hengsha docks
? There was a big robot fight with rocket launchers and something like that.

Just one chunk of a lot of content that had to be scrapped to meet deadlines. As the devs put it, they had extra hubs and levels that would have made DE:HR ~100 hours long.

Wallach said:
I'm pretty sure you can get Ghost if a guard is in Alarmed state, but I don't think you'll still get it if a camera goes into Suspicious state.

Thanks,

And say for the sidequest you get from the undercover prostitute cop, it says to go through the gang's base "undetected", its still the case that them being alarmed is fine?

Wallach

robotzombie said:
Thanks,

And say for the sidequest you get from
the undercover prostitute cop, it says to go through the gang's base "undetected", its still the case that them being alarmed is fine
?

Yeah, you'll know because it will pop up on your screen the second it fails.

subversus

EatChildren said:
Just one chunk of a lot of content that had to be scrapped to meet deadlines. As the devs put it, they had extra hubs and levels that would have made DE:HR ~100 hours long.

Screenshot-mother-of-god-super-troopers+on+Flickr+-+Photo+Sharing!+-+Mozilla+Firefox-706883.png

looking forward to DLC

So I have a question that could be more general than just this game, but this is the game I'm having trouble with.

How do I make make the HUD look good when playing with a 360 controller on my comphy couch? I have my PC rigged up to my 32" Bravia via a DVI-to-HDMI cable from Monoprice. When I play the game at 1080p the graphics look great but the HUD is terribly scrunched and difficult to read. Switching the resolution to 1366x768 gives me a much better looking HUD, but obviously the graphics take a hit in clarity. Is there any way to have both? Any resolution besides those two results in an absolutely illegible HUD.

I honestly don't understand how my PS360 can output such clean HUD's but my superpowered PC can only give me blurry bullshit. There has to be something I'm doing wrong.

Any tips?

Salsa

560ti 0 crashes, only some freezes at loading times during quick-loads. Happened once or twice.

Game still has that random stutter and whatnot, no idea when they're gonna fix that. Issue persists for like 80 percent of the Steam forums, with PC's much more powerful than mine.

subversus said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-2011-deus-ex/719895

I just watched this old video and saw another way of sneaking past the guards I haven't tried. Damn.

by the way does anybody know what happened to the boss fight from the old leaked walkthrough in
in Hengsha docks
? There was a big robot fight with rocket launchers and something like that.

That's still in the game. If you play a stealth character, you just avoid it is all.

or maybe
you must enter through the skylight. That's how I did it on my second playthrough and ended up fighting the robot.

jim-jam bongs said:
You can sneak back there instead of talking to him upstairs. If you do there's a special cut scene from Jensen's perspective in the vent where a guy from Belltower asks Tong about the hacker then leaves pissed off. Tong then calls his boys and you overhear him say where they stashed him. Sadly you can't open his door or shoot him through the vent though.
Good to know, thanks.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dilly said:
The music is outstanding.

It's pretty good.

But I still get nostalgia chills when I find a little radio playing Deus Ex 1 music.

(That UNATCO HQ theme mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Spoiler for DCB (or whatever that gang is) territory:
While doing the sidequest for the prostitute cop girl, I hacked into and shut off some sort of signal jammer thing, was I supposed to do this? Pritchard didn't really give me any info

Top Bottom