• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

razorman

If you are having crashing problems with an OC'D 580 (like the MSI Twin Frozr) you need to increase the voltage with Afterburner. Seems like the stock voltages causes severe crashing problems in DX11 - Crysis 2, FEAR 3 and DX:HR all have this issue. Increasing voltage to 1025mv fixed all the crashing for me.

subversus said:
by the way does anybody know what happened to the boss fight from the old leaked walkthrough in
in Hengsha docks
? There was a big robot fight with rocket launchers and something like that.

That's the fight with
Barrett
. It was moved to earlier in the game.

robotzombie said:
Spoiler for DCB (or whatever that gang is) territory:
While doing the sidequest for the prostitute cop girl, I hacked into and shut off some sort of signal jammer thing, was I supposed to do this? Pritchard didn't really give me any info

It's a part of main quest, I assume you don't have that yet. When you advance a couple of missions this will most likely be completed as soon as you receive it.

Akkad

Banned
robotzombie said:
While doing the sidequest for the prostitute cop girl, I hacked into and shut off some sort of signal jammer thing, was I supposed to do this? Pritchard didn't really give me any info

That is the main quest, Sarif gives it to you I think.

Zenith

Banned
robotzombie said:

you'll get info on why it was important a little further on. it's mandatory to shut it off to proceed.

Nome

robotzombie said:
Spoiler for DMB (or whatever that gang is) territory:

That's part of a main quest.

razorman said:
If you are having crashing problems with an OC'D 580 (like the MSI Twin Frozr) you need to increase the voltage with Afterburner. Seems like the stock voltages causes severe crashing problems in DX11 - Crysis 2, FEAR 3 and DX:HR all have this issue. Increasing voltage to 1025mv fixed all the crashing for me.
How safe is this? Does Afterburner monitor your GPU temps? I've OC'd my CPU before but never my GPU... I'm wondering if upping the voltage would prevent the crashes I get in DX11 too (on a GTX570).

EatChildren said:
Just one chunk of a lot of content that had to be scrapped to meet deadlines. As the devs put it, they had extra hubs and levels that would have made DE:HR ~100 hours long.
Honestly, this is probably for the best. I'd only want more content if the pacing and quality were up to snuff. And yes, I DID enjoy the final level - atmospherically and thematically, it was superb.

RedSwirl

subversus said:
stuttering problem is common for pretty much everybody. I don't have it but I have i5-2500k + 4 gigs of RAM.

So the stuttering isn't framerate? I've been getting really bad stuttering all over this game no matter what I do with the settings in DX9 or DX11 on an HD6850. Turning off vsync but leaving triple buffering on helps a little bit but then I get crazy screen tearing. Although I am running it on a Core 2 Quad with only 3GB of RAM. Anybody figured this out?

Enco

I turned of v sync. Man that mouse lag was awful. Much better without. Just enable triple buffering.

The screen tearing started off bad but I don't notice it any more.

Riposte

Enco said:
The soundtrack is beautiful.

The intro to the Limb Clinic is stunning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzEnRZ8XM-Y

I felt like the soundtrack was pretty meh for the most part, though not necessarily bad. Aside from LIMB and Sarif Industries(I may be forgetting one or two) they are not really good beyond very simple ambiance.

It is really telling of the times when you compare Deus Ex to it. Light-years apart.

EDIT: Didn't help "UNATCO" has been stuck in my head all week.

Davidion

Is anyone getting performance issues? The game is god but I'm getting incredible amounts of stuttering and choppiness on my system.

GTX 460
Win 7 64
E6750@ 2.33
4g ram

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I thought soundtrack was great for what it was - ambient music with very strong although simple themes. It was in vein of Lyberty Island theme which is pretty shitty comparing to other tracks in the first game if we talk about music not ambient sound background. When the real music kicks in DX:HR it's better than in DX1. DX1 had some really cheesy themes even though I love hem anyway. Unatco theme holds up pretty well but other songs sound not so good if you don't listen them for nostalgia reasons like I do.

Wallach

Davidion said:
Is anyone getting performance issues? The game is god but I'm getting incredible amounts of stuttering and choppiness on my system.

GTX 460
Win 7 64
E6750@ 2.33
4g ram

I was only getting weird issues when out in the open hub areas, but turning shadows from soft to normal fixed it. Was causing some kind of frameskipping bug.

I think the soundtracks are both pretty amazing. DXs is a little less consistently good, but seemed like it was a little more varied and like HR the ones that were good were really great pieces.

kitch9

Banned
Davidion said:

GTX 460
Win 7 64
E6750@ 2.33
4g ram

Dual cores are done with dude, regardless of whether this game has stuttering issues. Time to move on.

Desaan

kitch9 said:
Dual cores are done with dude, regardless of whether this game has stuttering issues. Time to move on.

Is that your professional/technical opinion then? If so point me at the plethora of titles fully optimised for multiple core processors.

It's a good job DE:HR barely uses more than one core then, amiright?

dmshaposv

subversus said:
Do sidequests.

Also I presume you aren't doing much stealth.

Just killed Barrett - wasn't as difficult as most of you guys made him to be.

I stunned > revolver > stun > shitty QTE > recovered and stunned him > revolver > one more time > fight over. Lasted 3 mins.

I've done most side quests except meg's mother. Will finish it off soon and presumably get more. I've been doing everything stealthily so far and got multiple smooth operator xps. Guess I need to ramp up the difficulty.

Akia

^^ label your freaking spoilers man!!!!!!!!!

i have crashed to desktop over 20 times now.

what the hell. i am quick saving like every 2 minutes now

Finished my first, and last run through the game today. While I definitely enjoyed it, I got pretty sick of hacking. I'm one of the OCD types who hacked every single computer in the game and got nothing out of 99% of them but stupid emails. I think I'll be trading it in on Tuesday when Space Marine, Resistance 3 and Dead Island all come out...On the same day!

Solo

Don't do a takedown at the police station on the dude upstairs leaning on the railing looking down on the first floor.

lol

Also, since I see soundtrack discussion is in effect - HR's soundtrack is quite good, but DX1's is one of the finest in gaming history, intrinsically linked to the game, and iconic. No comparison.

Draft

Fairly late in the game, question about whether or not someone can be saved:
Can the helicopter pilot be saved, or is she dead no matter what?

Grisby

Riposte said:
I felt like the soundtrack was pretty meh for the most part, though not necessarily bad. Aside from LIMB and Sarif Industries(I may be forgetting one or two) they are not really good beyond very simple ambiance.

It is really telling of the times when you compare Deus Ex to it. Light-years apart.

EDIT: Didn't help "UNATCO" has been stuck in my head all week.

I feel a bit of the same way. I like ambient tunes and such with the menu music and LIMB clinic being my favorite.

But nothing else really stood out to me, not even in the background so much. I;m a bit disappointed after that amazing Icarus track which I listened to for nigh a year.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Draft said:
Fairly late in the game, question about whether or not someone can be saved:
Can the helicopter pilot be saved, or is she dead no matter what?

She CAN be saved. However, I can't believe some people just ran away from her.

Heartless cowards.
jett said:
Are there any repercussions to killing randoms?

Zero

DarkChild

Banned
I can't
kill that fucking second boss.I hit her with shotgun about 15 rounds,10 times with pistol,some with machine pistol and she is still running around like crazy.Its fucking depressing...I spent two points on fucking battery aug while all it did was fuck me up(since I didn't know its not rechargeable) and didn't know that shit doesn't work.Fucking hell...How can I kill that bitch?

Draft

BackwardsSuggestions said:
You have to be quick.
What do you need to do? I made a stealth focused character so just running down there and going ape shit with a heavy machine gun is probably out of the question.

Enco said:
The soundtrack is beautiful.

The intro to the Limb Clinic is stunning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzEnRZ8XM-Y

The soundtrack is really good at setting the mood, and everything. There hasn't been a single track for me yet, though, that's really stuck with my like the original's did.

Maybe it was because that music was more "hummable"? I dunno.

With that being said, it's great background music that sets the mood perfectly.

Draft

I don't think it would be possible for HR to have a more memorable soundtrack than the original. Not just because the original soundtrack is God tier, but because that style of soundtrack isn't in vogue anymore. Modern game music is very movie like. The tracks tend towards ambiance rather than just being standalone songs.

Desaan said:
Is that your professional/technical opinion then? If so point me at the plethora of titles fully optimised for multiple core processors.

http://www.techspot.com/review/436-deus-ex-human-revolution-performance-test/page8.html

When looking at processor performance we found that the clock speed had little influence on frame rates. Based on our findings any processor capable of supporting just two threads is going to perform poorly on Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The game was able to utilize more than four threads, but any of today’s quad-core processors should more than suffice, whether it's an AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core i3/i5/i7

Game is optimised for quad-core.

gdt

Quick sidequest questions.

How many sq's are in Hengsha? I've only found 1-3, I think.

Also, any other way to complete the sidequest with the bar keep? He keeps asking for 5000 credits, but I don't have them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Draft said:
I don't think it would be possible for HR to have a more memorable soundtrack than the original. Not just because the original soundtrack is God tier, but because that style of soundtrack isn't in vogue anymore. Modern game music is very movie like. The tracks tend towards ambiance rather than just being standalone songs.
Something about this comment resonated with me and I went back and listened to some of the iconic tracks from DX1 and I absolutely agree. While masterfully epic, this soundtrack would simply not fit in with the overtly cinematic style of modern game design. The difference in tone between the main theme from DX1 and the Icarus theme from this game is pretty striking. Somehow it feels to me like the thematic tone of the music from DX1 wouldn't match the tone of this game either... I guess that's the "grittier" modern game effect.

TheExodu5

Banned
Desaan said:

This is with a 2500k @ 4.6GHz. It definitely likes a quad-core.

3ox729dactykbs8zrrdr.png

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Has anyone watched the TV ticker? "So you think you can dodge traffic" dropped from network rofl

A Human Becoming said:
I wish Eidos Montreal had learned boss fights in first person shooters suck.

The boss fights would be great if Jensen wasn't so slow and fragile.

In my head I've come up what I think would be really interesting boss fights for an FPS, but they would require the player character to have fast, dynamic movement and a decent amount of health.

gdt5016 said:
Metroid Prime/s have some of the best boss fights ever.

It's possible.

The jump/strafe move was critical to those fights. If Human Revolution had something similar akin to Halo Reach's evade ability, I think the fights would have gone a bit smoother.

Top Bottom