• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Ridley327

robotzombie said:
O'Malley's sidequest resolution question:
Is there any way to get him to jail through conversation without him going hostile and attacking? If he goes hostile, does it count as getting "caught"? Should I just hit him with the stun gun or physical attack to knock him out without even talking to him?
If you're willing to hear him out on something, you might get a bit more bang for your buck...

Mordeccai

Bisnic said:
Just bought the game on Steam, but what's with the blinking UI after i got "killed" during the prologue? Anything to fix it?

I'm pretty sure you get a quest to go see the technician guy or what ever he is upstaris in Sarif industries. He fixes your vision.

Ridley327 said:
If you're willing to hear him out on something, you might get a bit more bang for your buck...

I understand that, but I don't want to go that route, what I'm trying to figure out is
is there any way he ISNT going to go hostile and pull a gun on me? If so, does him going hostile ruin anything involving not being seen and such? Would it be better to just knock him out without talking to him?

Wallach

robotzombie said:
I understand that, but I don't want to go that route, what I'm trying to figure out is
is there any way he ISNT going to go hostile and pull a gun on me? If so, does him going hostile ruin anything involving not being seen and such? Would it be better to just knock him out without talking to him?

There's no real downside to him going hostile, I don't think. It shouldn't matter for the Foxiest achievement if that is what you're wondering. Just clock him the second you get out of the conversation.

bengraven

God I love the feeling of being in another "street level" perks based RPG. (I'm not sure what to call these games (Deus Ex, Vampire: Bloodlines))

So great. I only wish they could hire more voice actors and use more random NPC faces. I've ran into the same black guy like 23 times.

Sallokin

If I EMP a mech and it explodes and kills a guard is my Pacifist run borked? I can't seem to get a clear answer. Some forums are saying yes, some say it's not an issue. Any definitive answer?

Dang.

I just finished the conversation with Wayne Haas. Very awesome confrontation. I managed to talk him into letting me into the morgue. It was a surprisingly emotional encounter.

The writing in this game is superb. The characters are awesome. I'm really growing to like Adam, even (which I never thought I would from the trailers). I think visiting his apartment was the turning point for me. It gave a ton of character to him for me.

I'm loving this game. So good.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1674293&postcount=1

I would like to assure you all that representatives of Eidos Montreal, Nixxes, as well as Square Enix, are closely monitoring these forums to look for any issues that users are running into and that require attention. Please note however that this is not an official support mechanism, and if you require official support we recommend you contact http://support.eu.square-enix.com/ for Europe or http://support.na.square-enix.com for America.

That said, we would like to give the community on this forum an update on what our near term plans are for further support for Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PC.

As you are probably aware we have already rolled out two patches soon after release to deal with issues we wanted to address as quickly as possible, after we found out that they existed. We are now looking at additional fixes for issues that some players have been experiencing, and on top of that we are also looking at adding some additional features on the PC side that we noticed some players would really like to see.

These additions are more involved as the first patches, and due to this take longer as those initial patches. We need to test them carefully to ensure we do not introduce any new issues.

Unfortunately, at this point we cannot guarantee specific fixes for patches at specific dates. Fixes once released may not always be immediately effective for every single user on every system out there. But rest assured that people at the studio, in cooperation with IHVs, are looking at all issues that come up and are trying to get them resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Any ideas what those might be?

Wallach

angular graphics said:
Any ideas what those might be?

Maybe one of them is an additional SSAO setting that more closely resembles the SSAO in the console versions.

Hoping for higher quality cutscene videos too.

Balance tweaks regarding XP would be great but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Just finished second playthrough, got Foxiest without even trying for it lol

But I forgot a single book, which is a bummer because I even remembered where it was and tried to make a note of it :(

So that and Legend will have to wait until sociopath run

I had to hack a level three terminal last night for the last end of a side quest in the second hub area and wow... I thought I was screwed. I had three nukes, one worm, and that was it. I tried and tried and was about to give up. I then studied the hacker grid cafefully, planned out each my moves, tried again, and did it with about 1.2 seconds to spare. Damn did that feel good. I love the hacking mini game. Sometimes its the small things in life.

Wallach

EmCeeGramr said:
Just finished second playthrough, got Foxiest without even trying for it lol

But I forgot a single book, which is a bummer because I even remembered where it was and tried to make a note of it :(

So that and Legend will have to wait until sociopath run

There was no way in hell I was getting Foxiest of the Hounds on my first run. I did all kinds of dumb shit, but I couldn't help it. You know what they say about making an omelette; that guy has robot arms so you'd better make him one or he'll kick your fuckin' ass.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Third boss bitching:
It's such BS that the stun gun only stuns him for 2-3 seconds and EMPs have no effect. EMPs explicitly effect augmented people, so what's the deal? Don't tell me he's not augmented.

Jintor

I just wish the challenge was maintained constantly throughout the game on those. By end of game I was a god of hacking, which is fair enough, but it kind of made the hacking from an interesting strategy-lite game into a meh barrier.

Part of me misses the straight up 'wait for a bar to count down' hacking from the original. Also, I really loved the name ICE-Breaker as a hacking tool augmentation.

Wallach

A Human Becoming said:
Third boss bitching:
It's such BS that the stun gun only stuns him for 2-3 seconds and EMPs have no effect. EMPs explicitly effect augmented people, so what's the deal? Don't tell me he's not augmented.

Do you not have Typhoon? It only takes 3 shots with rank 2 Typhoon and he won't ever even have the opportunity to hurt you.

SHAZOOM

Question about
Bobby Bao (Bartender at the Hive). Do I need him for any sidequests after the CASIE extortion? I'm gonna go get my 5000 credits back.

Wallach

SHAZOOM said:
Question about
Bobby Bao (Bartender at the Hive). Do I need him for any sidequests after the CASIE extortion? I'm gonna go get my 5000 credits back.

Nah,
choke his bitch ass out.

RedSwirl

TheExodu5 said:
This is with a 2500k @ 4.6GHz. It definitely likes a quad-core.

3ox729dactykbs8zrrdr.png

That definitely isn't the sole source of the problem. Even my Core 2 Quad is having a hard time with this game.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Wallach said:
Do you not have Typhoon? It only takes 3 shots with rank 2 Typhoon and he won't ever even have the opportunity to hurt you.

Never used it once despite all the love it's been getting in this thread. Didn't want to spend the upgrade points.

Rufus

If you have the equipment to beat the bosses in other ways, there's really little use in it. I suppose the last mission would be less annoying with it, too, but only if you're the murderous type.
It'd be pretty cool to use it on the guards that storm into Zhaos apartment. They all form a nice circle before they fan out.

A Human Becoming said:
Third boss bitching:
Jensen can get EMP shielding and so can he, apparently. And they do have an effect, but it's limited to deactivating his cloak, I believe.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Replay, took about 6 hours to fully clear Detroit again, but I also did a lot more exploring, to make sure I hack everything. Heh.

So I'm at the part where I'm fighting Jacob White in the sewer. I stun gunned him and the game gave me the points for a "Merciful" takedown, but then he fell into the electric water and died. Does that count against my Pacifist run?

Rufus

HeresSomeWeapons said:
So I'm at the part where I'm fighting Jacob White in the sewer. I stun gunned him and the game gave me the points for a "Merciful" takedown, but then he fell into the electric water and died. Does that count against my Pacifist run?
Yup. As far as the game is concerned, you may as well have put a bullet in his head.

SHAZOOM said:
Question about
For added fun
shoot him in the head, then hide. When all the guards come to investigate, cloak up, run into the middle of them all and Typhoon.

dominuece

*sigh* Ok, I love this game. In fact, I have gotten many people to purchase this game. That said, there is a spot where the game just freezes up for me right before I enter a door. It's after the
3rd
boss. The. Fuck.

Akkad

Banned
60 hrs, and two playthroughs later and I'm done with the game. Now I'm looking at either Space Marine or Dead Island as my next game, which one should I go with?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Akkad said:
60 hrs, and two playthroughs later and I'm done with the game. Now I'm looking at either Space Marine or Dead Island as my next game, which one should I go with?

I'm feeling good about Space Marine, I have it preordered. Hopefully I can finish Deus Ex by tuesday, it'll be a nice change of pace.

Akkad

Banned
Snuggler said:
I'm feeling good about Space Marine, I have it preordered. Hopefully I can finish Deus Ex by tuesday, it'll be a nice change of pace.

lol so true, after doing Pacifist in Deus Ex I feel like going all psycho on some orcs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Game's good so far, still trying to perfect my stealth..., but there is something about animations and lip synch during dialogues that looks... odd. I guess i'm too used to the Mass Effect games i played all summer, which are pretty good in that.

Replicant

Ridley327 said:
And compromise the integrity of my moral and the purity of my soul? I think not! I can't be bought that easily. Good day, Sir!

Akkad said:
lol so true, after doing Pacifist in Deus Ex I feel like going all psycho on some orcs.

I feel like making a pulp of those bigoted thugs' face in Detroit sometimes.

Akkad said:
I had the same conundrum, but co-op pushed me over the edge for Dead Island. (I know 40K has some manner of co-op but it's not the campaign.)

theycallmeryan

Neo Member
In the Shanghai Justice sidequest, does anyone know the code for the Hive's panel or whatever (at the end)?
It's really pissing me off because I can't hack it (no worms or nukes).

Turfster

People that have been praising Typhoon to high heaven in this thread better be right. =p
Invested in it for the second boss in my second hard total ghost second-try-at-fucking-pacifist while cleaning up some extra achievements run.

WEGGLES

theycallmeryan said:
In the Shanghai Justice sidequest, does anyone know the code for the Hive's panel or whatever (at the end)?
It's really pissing me off because I can't hack it (no worms or nukes).
I put a trash can on the EDIT: BAR not crate to block line of sight from the bouncer who kept giving me trouble. I had no issues hacking it, just being hassled by the bar staff.

Top Bottom