• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

JohngPR

StoppedInTracks said:
Very nice! Still, I am looking for that one that is on the inner back of the Blu-Ray case: Adam standing next to a window, you can see his mirrored image in it and looking to the right, to the city during the night. It is awesome, I fail at finding it though :(

Here you go.

:)

Nose Master said:
Just got an achievement for (not plot related)
dropping a basketball in the hoop.
I high fived myself.

I laughed my ass off with that because I had to stack barrels in order to do it and when that happened. I was cracking up! This is why not knowing achievements ahead of times is great!

KAOz

Short bus special
StoppedInTracks said:
Yes!!! That's the one. Thank you very much.

Anyone platinumed the PS3 version yet? Is it a chore like jRPGs?

Yepp, got the Platinum this morning.

And no, not a chore at all. Technically, you can do the Platinum in one playthrough if you spoiler yourself and follow a walkthrough. But nah, really fun to get all trophies. No grinding at all.

_Xenon_

Banned
I just figured you can find
Malik's body with her eyes wide open and a bloody hole on the forehead in harvesters' hideout if you didn't save her
. Quite disturbing to be honest.

_Xenon_ said:
Malik's body with her eyes wide open and a bloody hole on the forehead in harvesters' hideout if you didn't save her

I read somewhere that
if the helijet explodes with her inside, her body is burnt and mutilated in the harvesters hideout. Not sure if its true but it sounds awful.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
_Xenon_ said:

gotta harvest those precious implants

CrankyKong said:
I read somewhere that
if the helijet explodes with her inside, her body is burnt and mutilated in the harvesters hideout. Not sure if its true but it sounds awful.

not true

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm sure its been posted, but G2Play are selling Explosive Mission Pack keys for Steam at a whopping AU$6.65 (not sure what they're listed as in US).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
EatChildren said:
I'm sure its been posted, but G2Play are selling Explosive Mission Pack keys for Steam at a whopping AU$6.65 (not sure what they're listed as in US).

Do the happen to have the tactical pack as well?

Wallach

Solo said:
Heck, both

First visit - Hung Hua Hotel bottom floor, side room of Alice Garden Pods (turn left on first floor of main hall)

Second visit - Dealer from Alice Garden Pods moves to Youzhao District SE corner (street level), you'll also come across a third when you're leaving the Harvester Hideout (sewer level)

Septimius

When I was buying Deus Ex, I decided to use a 'savers search engine', for a lack of a better name. I found it at half the normal retail price, and I was happy to buy it from that store online. When I got it, it was apparently the Limited Edition (I guess I technically pre-ordered the game), with the Explosive Mission Pack. I enjoyed that surprise.

This game really, really hits the spot for me. I'm completely in love with it. It give me the dose of sci-fi, good story, open world, exploration-galore, figure-out-your-own-way type of feel that I've been unknowingly jonsing for.

Derrick01

Banned
bengraven said:
I tried doing that but I was too strong. ha

You can do what ToD said or if you're feeling lucky you can try to throw it way up in the air and have it try to sink down in it.

I tried that about 35 times before I finally got it to go in but I already had the achievement because I took the easy road (meaning what ToD said :lol)

pahamrick

bengraven said:
I tried doing that but I was too strong. ha

That achievement seems to be glitched, too. When I was screwing around trying to get it I
threw the ball high up at the building, and it fell down right next to the net. Didn't go in, just fell straight down to the left of the rim and I got the achievement for it.

_Xenon_ said:

Discovered that too. It almost felt disrespectful.

Neiteio

Well, I played from 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. last night, returning to Hengsha and
saving Malik
. I had been doing a pacifist run, but since I had likely botched it earlier when a gangbanger fell unconscious into electrified water, and since no matter how hard I tried I couldn't knock out/stun gun/tranq/PEPS the various soldiers in time to save her, I decided to go in guns blazing, reacting like a cop would/should, namely, violence only to protect. After all: I didn't ask for this.

Pretty epic fight, I must say: ran in and machine pistoled a couple guards, typhooned a heavy and another guard, threw EMP mines as I beat a retreat to heal behind the ship, heard the mines go off destroying the boxguard, ran back in machine pistol blazing, shot the red barrels next to two guards, typhooned some more, ran upstairs and gunned down the snipers, save for one I did a lethal takedown on, and then... finally... the smoke of hell lifted, and my friend was saved.

Anyone else throw peace to the wind to save her?

Wanace

I shot the ball and it landed like this:
WG2ECl.jpg

subversus

Combat is piss easy when you make a right build for that. Just cleared out all Belltower guards in Hengsha with a shotgun and a revolver.

PaulLFC

old? UK chart news:
After more than 7 years, Deus Ex returns to the All Formats Chart in style as Square and Eidos Montreal’s ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ debuts at No1, just 26,000 units short of outperforming previous title Deus Ex: Invisible War’s lifetime sales in just 2 days.

Xbox 360 is the format of choice with a 57% share, followed by PS3 with 31% and PC 13%.
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1167&s=1111

Althane

subversus said:
Combat is piss easy when you make a right build for that. Just cleared out all Belltower guards in Hengsha with a shotgun and a revolver.

I made a hacker build and I'm finding combat still really easy. (I upgraded my arm strength to smash through walls, but I can't think of any other upgrades I've got for "combat"). Headshot with upgraded pistol? Dead. Dead. Dead.

I'm usually a run and gun guy, but.. I really think a Violent Stealth run here could be pretty easy (on Normal, at least)

BladeRunner12

Neo Member
I'm doing so badly with the stealth stuff, I'm going to have to restart and play with all guns blazing I think. I just keep running out of ammo all the time when doing it stealthy hehe.

First PC mods are starting to be released, here's Gibbed's Mod Pack.

Anyone seen any other mods about for the PC yet?

Grisby

_Xenon_ said:

Where at exactly? Like which floor?
I'm not saving her this time so it would be interesting to see.

Vistrix

I'm running through the whole game again after failing to get the pacifist achievement somehow...

I plan on just speed running most of the way on easy mode, ignoring most enemies. Ill get barely any experience, but all I want is that achievement!

How many people here have managed to get Pacifist? Any tips?

subversus

Althane said:
I made a hacker build and I'm finding combat still really easy. (I upgraded my arm strength to smash through walls, but I can't think of any other upgrades I've got for "combat"). Headshot with upgraded pistol? Dead. Dead. Dead.

I'm usually a run and gun guy, but.. I really think a Violent Stealth run here could be pretty easy (on Normal, at least)

perhaps we should switch to hard.

ArjanN

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I laughed my ass off with that because I had to stack barrels in order to do it and when that happened. I was cracking up! This is why not knowing achievements ahead of times is great!

It's a nice callback as well, because Deus Ex 1 and 2 and System Shock had the same thing.

Uchip

Banned
Nose Master said:
Just got an achievement for (not plot related)
dropping a basketball in the hoop.
I high fived myself.

I spent 10 minutes trying to shoot 3 pointers
figured it was bugged...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What was the point of choosing non-lethal or lethal at the beginning? Because i chose non-lethal, but i'm still able to kill people. I did killed a few and saw some points appearing to the left of my screen, but i still don't know what this is all about. :(

Amir0x

Banned
Bisnic said:
What was the point of choosing non-lethal or lethal at the beginning? Because i chose non-lethal, but i'm still able to kill people. I did killed a few and saw some points appearing to the left of my screen, but i still don't know what this is all about. :(

you get different weapon for start. Tranquelizer gun for non-lethal

Bisnic said:

You either get a murder weapon or a sleep inducing weapon depending on what you say.

subversus

ArjanN said:
It's a nice callback as well, because Deus Ex 1 and 2 and System Shock had the same thing.

Vampires Masquerade Bloodlines also had it but you had to use a severed head instead of a ball.

Wallach

Bisnic said:

Are you skipping all of the dialogue?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is that it? I mean, i don't lose XP points or items or some achievements if i kill people instead of just putting them to sleep or knocking them out?

Turfster

... Seriously?
Well, a good tranq takedown nets you the most XP, and you can't get the pacifist achievement if you kill people, if that's all you care about...

Bisnic said:
Is that it? I mean, i don't lose XP points or items or some achievements if i kill people instead of just putting them to sleep or knocking them out?
There is an achievement for not killing anyone. The game doesn't punish you for it besides that.

Bisnic said:

Less XP for lethal. Also will affect a no-kill achievement, obviously.

Top Bottom