• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Solo

EmCeeGramr said:
i think we need a running tally of how many people have posted pictures of the forever alone post-it

it must be over 10 at this point

Pales in comparison to the # of posts about the easy bosses.

Turfster

hiverbon said:
Drawers maybe, but the use of cardboard boxes and crates as pickabke/non-pickable is ridiculously inconsistent. The trade off yellow outlines is far and away worth the non-frustration of walking up to a crate not knowing if i'll be able to pick it up.
Uh... You can spot the non-moveable crates from a mile away too... seriously, there's like 2-3 types of moveable crates.

MNC said:
Also, I went past the first mission, then activated my DLC. Can I still get the stuff?
The mission DLC? Because the leaflet in my retail version specifically says you have to activate it before starting the game.

Salaadin

hiverbon said:
Drawers maybe, but the use of cardboard boxes and crates as pickabke/non-pickable is ridiculously inconsistent. The trade off yellow outlines is far and away worth the non-frustration of walking up to a crate not knowing if i'll be able to pick it up.

I agree. I actually wish more stuff was grabbable in this game. I cant even tell you how many times I was crouched behind or next to something and I wanted to just pick it up and wing it as a distraction.

JohngPR

Lime said:
The Augmented Edition soundtrack is incredibly bare-bones. You should probably hit youtube for the whole soundtrack.

At lest the opening credits song is in the Augmented Edition's OST.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I like the treasure hunt gameplay of having highlighting turned off. I like hunting all over a room for a pocket secretary, knowing it could be stashed under a box, on a shelf, in a book case, or anywhere else.

mAcOdIn said:
Is that really an issue? Whether or not an object is highlighted or not it's still the same objects that are interactive, so if you see a computer with that tell-tell screen you know you can hack it, it's not that different than the real world. I mean, I can interact with everything but I also don't want to and purely by recognition do I go and pick up my wallet and keys when leaving the house and not get stuck fiddling around with the paper towel dispenser and cutlery. You don't need image highlighting. All you can interact with are computers, terminals, drawers, bodies, PDAs, newspapers and the various weapons and accessories. Needing to mess with the boxes is rare and generally obvious without the highlighting.

I just don't get it, fuck highlighting!

Exactly, fuck yellow outlines.

I'm hardcore and I play on Give me Deus Ex, no highlight, no aim assist, no auto sort inventory, no misson markers and no cover hints.

Awesome, challenging game is awesome and challenging. It's Deus Ex for christ sake, not BioShock!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
EatChildren said:
I like the treasure hunt gameplay of having highlighting turned off. I like hunting all over a room for a pocket secretary, knowing it could be stashed under a box, on a shelf, in a book case, or anywhere else.

Yeah... I turn everything off. I wish I could turn the objective highlights off in the main map too.

While in China... exploring and working the cases was much more fun without hand holding. Having highlights and objective markers on feels like the game is playing itself. The environments seem a lot less sterile, and larger (more interesting), when all that stuff is off.

StoppedInTracks said:
Exactly, fuck yellow outlines.

I'm hardcore and I play on Give me Deus Ex, no highlight, no aim assist, no auto sort inventory, no misson markers and no cover hints.

Awesome, challenging game is awesome and challenging. It's Deus Ex for christ sake, not BioShock!

Yup. And yet it's still easy as hell, unfortunately. I should've skipped hacking upgrades to make it more of a challenge I guess. Next time.

JohngPR said:
At lest the opening credits song is in the Augmented Edition's OST.

That is so very true. And undefendable. SHAME on you Eidos. Also: not in Audio format! NON-PLAYABLE on PS3!!!

So to sum up:

- game difficulty breaking weapons added during first misson (that I threw out ASAP)
- soundtrack unplayable on PS3 and missing many tracks
- tiny artbook which should have been at least 2 times physically larger cause DAT ART

Most worthless "extended" edition of a game I have ever bought.

Wallach

I only like the highlighting off because I find it visually intrusive. If it only happened at very close ranges I'd probably turn it on, but with the distance it is set at I find it too annoying.

Enco said:
Mine was far more underwhelming.

Press the buttons on the machine, kill those weird women things with my heavy rifle, heavy rifle the zombies and then wait for the robot to destroy the glass so that I could heavy rifle the bitch.

I might have everyone beat in terms of calmness.

Use Plasma Rifle to destroy the turrets, hack console, Typhoon the glass, finish her off with Assault rifle.

My boss fights were even worse:

2nd boss Typhoon, Headshots w/Assault rifle, typhoons, done.

3rd boss Typhoon, Typhoon, Typhoon

RetroMG

Beat this a few days ago and stared a Foxiest Hound/Pacifist/Give me Deus Ex run, but I'm just not having fun with it. I think I may start over and do a Revenge/Kill everyone run.

54-46!

w4JyE.jpg

And we're done, now where's that DLC? back to New Vegas for now.

Derrick01

Banned
CaptYamato said:
How long is this game?

Seems to be somewhere between 25-40 hours for most people. About 31 for my 1st playthrough but I was on hard with all the highlighting and other stuff off so it would have been less if I was on normal.

schwall20

Banned
Hey is a gas grenade count as a kill or knock out. Trying to play through stealth, but had to use a gas grenade to save someone in a plane.
Just want to know if I should keep going or restart, I got the trophy so it shouldn't make a difference now anyway

Wallach

schwall20 said:
Hey is a gas grenade count as a kill or knock out. Trying to play through stealth, but had to use a gas grenade to save someone in a plane.
Just want to know if I should keep going or restart, I got the trophy so it shouldn't make a difference now anyway

Only unconscious.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Domino Theory said:
Where are all the side-quests in Detroit prior to
leaving for Hengsha
?

1. Guy in your office.
2. Megan's mum out the front of Sarif.
3. Hooker outside Derelict Row.

Balphon

Domino Theory said:
Thanks, looks like I did'em all.

You also need to
both talk to Pritchard and read your emails after you "win" the conversation with Sarif in his office upon returning from the FEMA base
to unlock a sidequest later on.

gdt

Just beat Boss #2. I haven't found a single praxis kit aside from the first one, I need to dig in more. I'm at 16hours played, according to Steam anyway.

DarkChild

Banned
Shooting in this game is bad...couple with console framerate its fucking atrocious.
Saving Malik and I can't save her because the game lags so damn much,plus the aiming is bad seems impossible...

fixed :)

Sullichin

DarkChild said:
Shooting in this game is bad...couple with console framerate its fucking atrocious.
Saving Malik and I can't save her because the game lags so damn much,plus the aiming is bad seems impossible...

What console are you playing on, that part ran smooth on PS3 for me.

DarkChild

Banned
Sullichin said:
What console are you playing on, that part ran smooth on PS3 for me.
360.I am very sensitive to lag though...I mean,watching DF analysis it seems like whenever there is gun fire consoles drop to ~25fps.I can't play it like that...Its worse than Crysis 2,and it doesn't have any motion blur to make it smoother either.

dreamer3kx said:
Can I get the silencer upgrade in Detroit, Im a good 5-6 hours in, vender near limb doesn't have one.

There's an arms dealer in one of the apartment complexes that you can buy a silencer from. I think he's in the building that you can only enter through the windows via the fire escape stairs. Somewhere near the basketball course.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
jim-jam bongs said:
Anyone who thinks this game has awful boss fights clearly hasn't finished Alpha Protocol.

There was only one hard boss fight.

TURN ON
THE RAAAAAAADIO!!!

I LOVE that the CASIE mod isn't a "win" button. If you activate the pheromones on a high level/ intelligent person they will tell you to f*ck off for being a manipulative ass. That's awesome.

Kifimbo

Finished the game two hours ago. Great experience. The good news is: there is so much room for improvement.

Oh man,
after the credits, that music!

DarkChild said:

why is it bad? i think the shotting works fine. Ofcourse there are the upgrades for less recoil, better aim stuf, etc.

The pre-order bonuses made the bosses really easy for me, the first one walked straight into my triggered explosives and the third one got demolished in 10 seconds by the grenade launcher :)

Septimius

Did I miss something about the energy cells? Only my first one recharges when I drain it. What's the point in having more than 2-3 if you only can eat the bars to regain them? I don't need 5, I just need 3 - I need to spam the bars just as much.

I know certain skills don't drain them fully, and then they recharge, but takedowns take one full, so it's moot. I find this to make the cells useless. If I run faster, I have to stop before the cell is empty to be able to regain it. I dunno, it's just a hassle and pointless and silly.

EDIT: Exact same thing goes for the sprint upgrade. I can't sprint more efficiently, just longer. If I have 5 seconds of sprint with 5 seconds recharge, or 10 seconds with 10 recharge doesn't matter. I won't be able to run around any faster.

EatChildren

Septimius said:
Did I miss something about the energy cells? Only my first one recharges when I drain it. What's the point in having more than 2-3 if you only can eat the bars to regain them? I don't need 5, I just need 3 - I need to spam the bars just as much.

I know certain skills don't drain them fully, and then they recharge, but takedowns take one full, so it's moot. I find this to make the cells useless. If I run faster, I have to stop before the cell is empty to be able to regain it. I dunno, it's just a hassle and pointless and silly.

Yes, its pretty stupid how it works. Having five full bars is to allow you to pull off multiple aug powers in quick succession, eg: silent run, and multiple take downs against mutliple opponents without having to recharge.

The balance was necessary, but the execution is eh.

Wallach

Maybe they just needed to last longer and have fewer consumables or something. There was no regen in DX at all, but your supply lasted quite a while.

Kyoufu said:
Controls on the PS3 version make me cry. You can't even change them...
evolution is survival of the fittest, the ones who can quickly adopt to the new enviroment will live on, and the ones who dont just die. its a harsh world.

Salaadin

Wallach said:
Maybe they just needed to last longer and have fewer consumables or something. There was no regen in DX at all, but your supply lasted quite a while.

I think itd be better if you were able to upgrade the other cells into regening or maybe the abilities that use one full cell would only use 90% of it instead so theres still some of that cell left to regen.

Top Bottom