• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

thelatestmodel said:
I only drank Red Bull Cola and Mountain Dew while playing, so it definitely wasn't that. I did suffer from a severe lack of sleep, but it definitely, definitely happened and I still can't figure out why!
SenseiJinx said:
I think he was asking if you drank alchohol in the game...it can raise your health, I believe.
LOL. Yes, that's what I was asking. :p

AwRy108

Anybody else run into the major bug that causes the HUD to disappear? Seems to occur on all versions of the game. Happened to me (PS3 version) when I arrived in Hengsha, and is still gone. Didn't mind it until I had to keep a close watch on my energy levels during a major combat sequence. Also, removes the crosshairs from all the guns...

Debating starting over, not sure yet.

SenseiJinx said:
I think he was asking if you drank alchohol in the game...it can raise your health, I believe.

I'm running a Core i5 2500k and it still hitches on me from time to time. There's some known performance issues. Hopefully they're working on resolving it.
That makes sense, because I tried turning a lot of things off/low and it still did it. So, I put them all back to default/high and just deal with it.

Game looks so good (the art goes a long way) I can look past them. It's when games aren't anything special looking AND aren't optimized that really irks me.

belvedere

Junior Butler
End question

I see people mentioning escapes for the scientists. I don't recall seeing any escape by the scientists during the last part. I saved Malik fwiw btw. When was this sequence shown?

belvedere said:
End question

I see people mentioning escapes for the scientists. I don't recall seeing any escape by the scientists during the last part. I saved Malik fwiw btw. When was this sequence shown?
I don't think you're there yet so you probably shouldn't read this. It's close to the end of the game. It's not something you can miss, either, so don't worry too much about it.

Anyway, it's at the end of the Omega Ranch mission when you leave for Panchea.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The_Darkest_Red said:
I don't think you're there yet so you probably shouldn't read this. It's close to the end of the game. It's not something you can miss, either, so don't worry too much about it.

Anyway, it's at the end of the Omega Ranch mission when you leave for Panchea.

I beat the game, I thought
someone mentioned there was also an escape sequence for the two groups you save during the last mission lol

That was the earlier sequence someone mentioned haha.

belvedere said:
I beat the game, I thought
someone mentioned there was also an escape sequence for the two groups you save during the last mission lol

That was the earlier sequence someone mentioned haha.
Oh, okay haha. Yeah you saw all there is to see.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Does anyone have a link to that webcomic where Jensen is using his spinny hand to mix a drink? this thread is way too long.

Andrew.

Banned
AwRy108 said:
Anybody else run into the major bug that causes the HUD to disappear? Seems to occur on all versions of the game. Happened to me (PS3 version) when I arrived in Hengsha, and is still gone. Didn't mind it until I had to keep a close watch on my energy levels during a major combat sequence. Also, removes the crosshairs from all the guns...

Debating starting over, not sure yet.

I would.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Aconn1283 said:
i wanted to unlock the invisability aug....said energy use high....anyone know how high? like as far as the batteries?

read augs description.

sucks batteries dry very fast until you upgrade it.

Aconn1283 said:
i wanted to unlock the invisability aug....said energy use high....anyone know how high? like as far as the batteries?
Initially you get 3 seconds per cell which is actually still quite useful in a lot of situations but you can upgrade the cloak to give you 5 seconds and then a max of 7 seconds per cell. So with the maximum 5 cells of energy you can get a maximum of 35 seconds of invisibility. The aug also becomes a lot more painless to use when you upgrade your battery recharge rate.

I would say it's the most useful aug in the game outside of the hacking capture augs.

Andrew.

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
Initially you get 3 seconds per cell which is actually still quite useful in a lot of situations but you can upgrade the cloak to give you 5 seconds and then a max of 7 seconds per cell. So with the maximum 5 cells of energy you can get a maximum of 35 seconds of invisibility. The aug also becomes a lot more painless to use when you upgrade your battery recharge rate.

I would say it's the most useful aug in the game outside of the hacking capture augs.

Sweet! Thanks a lot....looks like i know what im upgrading next!

jorgeton

OMG, screw that third boss. Like, for reals.

and screw that goddamn chip I had implanted. it makes the fight incredibly obnoxious.
any tips on how to beat this ass? I might just knock the difficulty down to easy, because after many retries and thrown controllers, I just can't be bothered.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
jorgeton said:

and screw that goddamn chip I had implanted. it makes the fight incredibly obnoxious.
any tips on how to beat this ass? I might just knock the difficulty down to easy, because after many retries and thrown controllers, I just can't be bothered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1X5F0d58I

that's how you do it

jorgeton said:

Walk up to him, use typhoon, walk back to the wall and take cover, and throw frag mines/grenades at him until he dies. If you don't have typhoon then use other grenades such as EMP grenades to stun him and shoot him with whatever you have while he's stunned.

Take cover on the wall near him and he will usually keep flipping back and forth over the wall so you can just blindfire and hit him depending on which side he's on and throw grenades at him.

I haven't tried the stun gun on him but I'm guessing that would work as well.

If you need more equipment just check the cabinets under the freaky mannequins.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just remembered you can't use typhoon. Forget about that one, sorry!

Salaadin

jorgeton said:

I was in a similar position as you. I basically used every type of grenade on him and shot him with my pistol whenever I got a chance. Use stealth and run away from him. Watch for his shadow and pop him whenever you can.

Just got past 2nd/3rd boss
(Fedorova? The Robots in China were a joke)
. Died a few times after she jumped into the side of the arena and electrocuted me. I think there was a 'safe' part but I didn't need it in the end.

Just ended up typooning the boss; for some reason it just stopped moving after that. At least, anyway, I got it caught in a stun-gun unload weapon cycle.

Didn't even realise until afterwards that there were lockers in the room. Damn.

garath

jorgeton said:

I had a bunch of frag mines and my super 10mm pistol. I dropped some frag mines in front of him and pegged him with the pistol and he was dead in less than a minute.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I found the
explosive revolver
extremely effective against him.

After one and a half playthroughs, I'm finally starting to find the fun in the PEPS gun. It's like a multiple takedown you can use at short range. Plus you can send people flying if you angle it right.

Quick questions:

Playing on a beefy PC rig. Full details and all whistles and bells active, yet I like the look and lighting of the highly compressed 720p video cutscenes made with the ingame engine, a lot better. Anyway to let the game look like them?

And am I the only one who regrets that the beautiful CG cutscenes we've seen in the trailers are none to be found in the game?

JohngPR

Come to find out those beautiful CG scenes from the commercial was made by the folks at Square-Enix's CG team...at least that's what they said in the making of documentary that came with the Augmented Edition. Pretty cool.

Grisby

DerZuhälter said:
Quick questions:

Playing on a beefy PC rig. Full details and all whistles and bells active, yet I like the look and lighting of the highly compressed 720p video cutscenes made with the ingame engine, a lot better. Anyway to let the game look like them?

And am I the only one who regrets that the beautiful CG cutscenes we've seen in the trailers are none to be found in the game?

No man, I wish some of that trailer had been on there or at least the menu attract movie. I liked the ending but it would have been cool to have a short CG sequence with that.

Akuun

Yeah, I regret some of the CG scenes had no equivalents in the final game. I particularly miss the shot of
Panchaea.

I also highly regret the quality of the FMVs in the game. Use beautifully detailed models for the FMVs, but compress it to Youtube 360p! Ugh.

Enco said:
The cutscenes are the worst I've seen in a long time.

Indeed. Probably my only complaint with the game.

I wish they could release a high quality cutscene pack as an optional download in the Steam tools section.

Akuun

Most of the normal conversation animations were kind of bad. The arm crossing didn't bug me, but the women fidgeting during conversation and the men holding out one hand horizontally while explaining something did.

Deadbeat

Banned
Akuun said:
Most of the normal conversation animations were kind of bad. The arm crossing didn't bug me, but the women fidgeting during conversation and the men holding out one hand horizontally while explaining something did.
It made perfect sense with taggart, because he comes off as a greasy bastard. It does not make sense that a ton of other people use it.

dankir

Enco said:
The cutscenes are the worst I've seen in a long time.

Pretty much PS2 quality.

Yeah I don't get it why they are so dark. Then it switches to in game and it's bright as hell.

Weird.

MNC

Neuromancer said:
I found Adam's arm crossing gesture during conversations to be really goofy looking and unnatural, anyone else?
I thought the same of Shepard's arm crossing motion. It's like "Oh no you didn't sistah!"

Do you think it's possible future mods will address the conversation stiffness and lip-synch? Or will this be considered part of the 'charm' like the original canned animations?

Angry Fork

What augs and preperation is needed for the 2nd boss?
the one who camouflages and uses electricity on puddles and shit
I have a shotgun, sniper rifle and revolver that's it for weapons. I don't remember all my augs but I have armor maxed, hacking stuff haxed, and only half-way on some of the others. 6 praxis available right now.

It kind of sucks that the bosses are so action-based because I always use stealth during the rest of the game so I have no use for rocket launchers until these boss battles come. I saw a bunch of rocket stuff before the battle so I was assuming I'd need something like that but I didn't want to switch my sniper rifle for rocket and lose that. (Inventory space isn't maxed out, I didn't want to waste praxis on that either until absolutely necessary lol)

Angry Fork said:
I have a shotgun, sniper rifle and revolver that's it for weapons. I don't remember all my augs but I have armor maxed, hacking stuff haxed, and only half-way on some of the others. 6 praxis available right now.

It kind of sucks that the bosses are so action-based because I always use stealth during the rest of the game so I have no use for rocket launchers until these boss battles come. I saw a bunch of rocket stuff before the battle so I was assuming I'd need something like that but I didn't want to switch my sniper rifle for rocket and lose that. (Inventory space isn't maxed out, I didn't want to waste praxis on that either until absolutely necessary lol)
You don't need to have an action-based character to handle bosses, there are tons of easy strategies for beating all of them regardless of what you do and don't have.

As for the second boss,
my favorite strategy is sprinting straight at her when she charges, running past her, and turning around to blast her with the stun gun + shotgun combo. Since you don't have the stun gun you could probably just use EMP grenades or something. That is just one strategy of many but it worked very well for me.

Akuun

Angry Fork said:

Augs that might help:
- Typhoon wrecks all bosses.
- Smart Vision picks up cloaked people when they're within a certain range. (but you can see splashes of water on the ground when she runs)

Weapons:
EMP and frag grenades work well and appear to stun her.
If you don't have anything that stuns her, you can try to gun her straight up or look for something that does the stunning in the lockers nearby.

Rufus

The_Darkest_Red said:
None of the conversation animations bothered me, probably because I was in "I'm playing an RPG" mode.
I've found them unnecessarily twitchy and some of them are just off, like Sarif's augmented hand. It looks like it's not attached properly in spots, very subtle. Adams neck also seems to move sideways at the seam between neck and torso. The worst one I can remember is Athene. She doesn't keep eye contact at all and looks in all sorts of directions as though flies are buzzing around her head or something. (And she has a weird hair style, too. Looks like a female comb-over.)

Rufus said:
I've found them unnecessarily twitchy and some of them are just off, like Sarif's augmented hand. It looks like it's not attached properly in spots, very subtle. Adams neck also seems to move sideways at the seam between neck and torso. The worst one I can remember is Athene. She doesn't keep eye contact at all and looks in all sorts of directions as though flies are buzzing around her head or something. (And she has a weird hair style, too. Looks like a female comb-over.)
After reading complaints about them and playing through the game a second time I definitely started to notice that they were a little weird but like I said, they didn't really bother me. I would say they are probably less offensive than what's seen in most western RPG's. Fallout 3 anyone?

Top Bottom