• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Wallach

Einbroch said:
I didn't...even know you could throw stuff.

The whole point of vending machines in this game is to throw them at enemies while screaming "SICKNASTY" at your monitor.

Pretty sure anyway.

Solo said:
There is NO discernable difference between normal and hard. None. Hard turns off markers and stuff, but you should do that anyway.

On hard, the bosses' faces definitely absorbed an extra clip from my combat rifle. That's the only thing I noticed.

Wag

The worst part of the game for me was getting the Plasma Rifle so late that I hardly had the chance to use it.

Forkball

This is how you're supposed to play Deus Ex:

16C4D13E122B0FD7FAC637121A725F07CFE072AC

5A4F0D7A804B8CC62F15481AB1E21897D8D02F26

And in a world where humans enhance themselves with advanced biotechnology, a world where modern skyscrapers are the norm for any building, a world with cities literally on top of cities... and people still use answering machines.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Started my 3rd playthrough of Deus Ex 1.

Let's hope I can finish it this time around.

Just got back
to Detroit after the run in with Eliza-AI. (Very interesting subplot going on there, I loved the namedrops with Morgan Everret. CEO of Picus? Interesting stuff. Although I can't help but be disappointed that the AI they showed was Eliza and not Morpheus.)

Anyway, did I miss something? Eliza said she was going to send me a recording...how do I listen to it? Or does it not come into play until later?

And...Monteral isn't actually a hub area? It's just the mission in Picus? I am disappoint...

Turfster

SenseiJinx said:
Anyway, did I miss something? Eliza said she was going to send me a recording...how do I listen to it? Or does it not come into play until later?
Dunno if you can listen to it (check quest items?), but it comes into play later.

Turfster said:
Dunno if you can listen to it (check quest items?), but it comes into play later.

Thanks. Glad to know at least if comes into play later.

Think I'm going to take a break from the game for a few days. Been plowing through it too fast, want to stretch it out a bit longer.

ldcommando said:
Man, I´m dying here.
"Pro A.I."

"Sarif's called in his expert to handle this."

Jensen away. *jumps 12 feet and dies*

I also lost it at "Somebody help! Somebody help!"

??

Why are you whimpering?

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
lets talk about weapons. I'm going for a run where I try to get ghost as much as possible, but not worrying about pacifist. I've found the silenced pistol works well when I need to take someone out. I also keep the stun gun in my inventory and the rocket launcher which I'm saving for boss fights. This seems to be the most effective way of doing things, but it's not particularly fun... Are there any other weapons I should be using? I feel like anything else would be too loud and would prevent me from getting the ghost bonus...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nothing feels better than knocking out a bitch after she insulted me.

I'm usually playing "nice guy" on my 1st run, but is it possible to kill/knock every people in city hubs? That must be fun walking around with only a bunch of dead bodies or unconscious people around. Might be something i'll try.

pedr0theli0n said:
lets talk about weapons. I'm going for a run where I try to get ghost as much as possible, but not worrying about pacifist. I've found the silenced pistol works well when I need to take someone out. I also keep the stun gun in my inventory and the rocket launcher which I'm saving for boss fights. This seems to be the most effective way of doing things, but it's not particularly fun... Are there any other weapons I should be using? I feel like anything else would be too loud and would prevent me from getting the ghost bonus...

The non lethal weapons are actually the best stealth weapons, whether or not your going for a non lethal run or not. Stun gun + tranquilizer dart + non lethal takedowns. Quiet, quick, and effective.

i-Lo

One thing I wish they would change is the sticky menu. In the heat of battle it's a real pain when you don't notice that as you circled around to a weapon, one of the consumable items you really may not need got selected. At least they should not be used if it's designated purpose can not be completed (I am looking at those protein packs).

Still love the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Robot Pants said:
The video name and description is genius.
What's really funny is it was just uploaded as The Ecstasy of Augmentation, and then the top comment was The Ecstasy of Au(gmentation), to which he replied "man I wish I had thought of that."

He gives the commenter credit in the description :)

Nose Master

Anyone else have dialogue glitching? Twoish times now Jensen just screams out threeish responses to questions that were never asked in a row.

malfcn said:
What is with the random electricity? I swear twice I will be walking and get injured.

I only encountered it a handful of times and its generally pretty easy to turn off or just ignore if you have the right aug.

Edit:

malfcn said:
I was just walking in a hallway inside the convention center and got shocked.

Oh ummmm keep playing.

Beat it today. So satisfying when the Foxiest of the Hounds and Pacifist achievements both popped up as the credits rolled.

Last boss was really underwhelming, although I think it was only because
I won the speech challenge against Harrow earlier and got the deactivation code. With a full set of batteries, cloak, and protection from electricity, I just sat there and waited for the glass to break and didn't have to do anything except walk up and shoot her.

I think the speech challenges were my favorite part of the game. I wish there had been more speech related augments and more challenges of that type. Those were really fun.

I can't wait to start my playthrough on Give Me Deus Ex, not having to worry about killing or alarms anymore. And I can finally use all those weapons I had to leave behind!

This is definitely a contender for GOTY for me, next to Portal 2.

Nose Master

...Did not know that EMP grenades disabled electronic door locks, as well. Niiiiice.

Also: carrying around a turret for basically the entirety of the area before the second boss? Pret-ty good. Thing is barely touched, too.

Top Bottom