• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

54-46!

Incendiary said:
I think the speech challenges were my favorite part of the game. I wish there had been more speech related augments and more challenges of that type. Those were really fun.
I wish there had been no speech related augments, winning an argument without knowing how to influence certain characters is alot more interesting and instead of talking in a certain way to win you'd say what you really think.

Second time in Hengsha, right at the beginning and
no matter what I do, I always get the hostile status. I used camo but when I'm halfway there, they notice me. What's up with that?

Glass Rebel said:
no matter what I do, I always get the hostile status. I used camo but when I'm halfway there, they notice me. What's up with that?

Ignore it. It's supposed to happen.

de-hr-squee.jpg

squeeeeeee (lttp?)

Rising_Hei

Boss battles were really easy for me, just need to build an strategy and save up grenades.
I don't find it them hard or an annoyance, but its mechanics should have been better.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Glass Rebel said:

you were warned by radio message. I don't remember who it was exactly.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
real quick question

i have 125 max life - up from 100 after i beat the first boss

i saw my roommate playing and he has 130 - but he hasn't beat the first boss yet

how exactly do you raise your life bar?

Gvaz

Banned
Why is there a dedicated thread for dlc we know nothing about when the only people who'd give a damn are the people who'd post itt?

jon bones said:
real quick question

i saw my roommate playing and he has 130 - but he hasn't beat the first boss yet

There are items that can raise your health temporarily to a max of 200. Painkillers raise it 25 and hypostims raise it 50 I believe.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
jon bones said:
real quick question

By living the dream!

Narag

jon bones said:
real quick question

Stuff like alcohol and painkillers will bump it up over 100. You'll only regen up to 100 though as that's the fixed base hp.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
The_Darkest_Red said:
There are items that can raise your health temporarily to a max of 200. Painkillers raise it 25 and hypostims raise it 50 I believe.

This is true, but I have also noticed it going up to 125 from time to time, and I'm positive I never used any painkillers or hypostims. Bug?

Nemesis_

I'm finding it impossible to keep a certain
someone alive
at the beginning of my second visit to Heng Sha. I'm also very undersupplied =( Any way at all?

i-Lo

Nemesis556 said:
someone alive
at the beginning of my second visit to Heng Sha. I'm also very undersupplied =( Any way at all?

afaik it is meant to happen (then again, I am playing for foxy trophy and am going to kill anyone. Also on hardest difficulty).

With regards to undersupplied, that's because you were perhaps not scavenging enough. Not to mention it also depends on your style of play. I didn't have any problems with stealthy approach.

Daeda

Anyone else ordered from Game.co.uk and still did not receive the game? Its getting rather annoying, but its probably the rubbish british postal service to the Netherlands.

garath

Nemesis556 said:
someone alive

Generally when you spoiler something you can say the name :)

since I assume you mean Malik, yes you can keep her alive. I did it without killing anyone. Basically take out the two heavies first - I did it by takedowns and a little bit of cloak. Then make sure you EMP the mech as soon as it pops. If you don't have an EMP I believe there is one somewhere in the playing field. Once the heavies and mech are down then you have some breathing room. From there I just tranq'd everyone. If you hardly killed anyone you have a couple minutes to get it done. Taking out the big damage dealers you have more time.

Nemesis556 said:
someone alive
Unsupplied might make it difficult...
I don't know what you have but a good general strategy is to focus on the two heavies straight ahead of you first and then immediately toss an EMP grenade at the bot. After that you can focus on the troops above and below the left and right structures.

I pulled this off in my pacifist run by staying cloaked and using takedowns on everyone, but I guess that would be fairly difficult if you don't have any energy recovering items.

If nothing else just take out your favorite weapon (preferably the 10mm but anything with decent range will do) and start shooting the barrels and going for headshots.

i-Lo said:
Can you do it on the hardest difficulty when not trying to kill any of the soldiers?
Yeah, read my spoilers.

i-Lo

The_Darkest_Red said:
Unsupplied might make it difficult...
I don't know what you have but a good general strategy is to focus on the two heavies straight ahead of you first and then immediately toss an EMP grenade at the bot. After that you can focus on the troops above and below the left and right structures.

I pulled this off in my pacifist run by staying cloaked and using takedowns on everyone, but I guess that would be fairly difficult if you don't have any energy recovering items.

If nothing else just take out your favorite weapon (preferably the 10mm but anything with decent range will do) and start shooting the barrels and going for headshots.

Yeah, read my spoilers.

Wow! Thank you!

I felt horrible when it happened. Perhaps on my second playthrough I will deal with it.

Btw, please don't misinterpret as me being cold but I am curious as to whether there is a trophy/achievement if you were to successfully pull it off?

i-Lo said:
Wow! Thank you!

I felt horrible when it happened. Perhaps on my second playthrough I will deal with it.

Btw, please don't misinterpret as me being cold but I am curious as to whether there is a trophy/achievement if you were to successfully pull it off?
Yes there is, I believe it's called
"Good Soul."

Also, I know how you feel, I failed to pull it off on my first playthrough as well. :(

Beat it last night. Liked it a lot, but didn't think the last area had the same gameplay depth of earlier areas. Plot/alternate events questions:

I saved Malik, so she came and picked up the scientists, bombing the goons on the landing pad. What happens at that point if you hadn't saved Malik?

How does Zhao get from Singapore to Panchea?

CrudeDiatribe said:
Beat it last night. Liked it a lot, but didn't think the last area had the same gameplay depth of earlier areas. Plot/alternate events questions:

I saved Malik, so she came and picked up the scientists, bombing the goons on the landing pad. What happens at that point if you hadn't saved Malik?

Megan bitch pilots a chopper that's sitting there instead

Huh?

CrudeDiatribe said:

Re #2

wouldn't Zhao have been invited to Darrow's summit being a CEO of a major bioenhancement corp?

Andrew.

Banned
Ive got a completely upgraded pistol. I havent got very far into the game. Does the game eventually get to the point where i might need the combat rifle, shotty, or machine pistol...or will i be safe just hanging onto my pistol, dart gun, and stun gun?

Aconn1283 said:
Ive got a completely upgraded pistol. I havent got very far into the game. Does the game eventually get to the point where i might need the combat rifle, shotty, or machine pistol...or will i be safe just hanging onto my pistol, dart gun, and stun gun?
You're definitely fine with what you have, especially if you plan on playing stealthily. I would suggest collecting some grenades though, they can really come in handy.

Deadbeat

Banned
Aconn1283 said:
pistol is stupidly overpowered if you have the armor piercing attachment.

Andrew.

Banned
Deadbeat said:
pistol is stupidly overpowered if you have the armor piercing attachment.

That i do...thanks. I try to do the least amount of lethal damage...but its nice to kno my pistol will kick ass when needed.

Thank you!

Andrew.

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
You're definitely fine with what you have, especially if you plan on playing stealthily. I would suggest collecting some grenades though, they can really come in handy.

I have quite a few naders....so looks like im in the green. Bring on the rest of the game!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The_Darkest_Red said:
Yeah but he not have played that far yet.

he completed the game

anyway, I'll edit it out anyway just in case

edit: please edit your post too.

Plot discussion...

MrCompletely said:
Re #2

wouldn't Zhao have been invited to Darrow's summit being a CEO of a major bioenhancement corp?

But at that point the other executives were already there— you hopped aboard an orbital shuttle to get there when you did, minutes after seeing Zhao in Singapore. I guess she could have taken her own, but I didn't see any TYM craft on the landing deck of Panchea. It just seemed like an easily patched plot-hole.

i-Lo

I already went past
Harvester Hideout
. I saw the
body with a hole in the head and I swear I felt so terrible
. I have a save check point at the start of the Hengsha the second time around. However, I have already done two side quests in succession with one main mission. Right now I am at the
docks

subversus said:
he completed the game

anyway, I'll edit it out anyway just in case

edit: please edit your post too.

I have yet to complete it.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
The_Darkest_Red said:

I only drank Red Bull Cola and Mountain Dew while playing, so it definitely wasn't that. I did suffer from a severe lack of sleep, but it definitely, definitely happened and I still can't figure out why!

Played first two hours or so. Definitely good stuff. The stealth isn't annoying like I fear in most "stealth action" games, and the RPG moments far outweigh the stealth imo. I'm playing it as non-lethal/stealth, until bitches decide to aggro me and then they're good as dead.

I love the praxis/augment system. A good skill tree is all I really need to keep me hooked in an rpg -- and side quests, tons of side quests.

It hitches some on me when I come to a new area, probably just my old(ish) CPU is my only bottleneck. It's not enough to make me rage though and not play.

thelatestmodel said:
I only drank Red Bull Cola and Mountain Dew while playing, so it definitely wasn't that. I did suffer from a severe lack of sleep, but it definitely, definitely happened and I still can't figure out why!

I think he was asking if you drank alchohol in the game...it can raise your health, I believe.

It hitches some on me when I come to a new area, probably just my old(ish) CPU is my only bottleneck. It's not enough to make me rage though and not play.

I'm running a Core i5 2500k and it still hitches on me from time to time. There's some known performance issues. Hopefully they're working on resolving it.

CrudeDiatribe said:

They will just escape with a random airplane which is already there... but you will have to kill some enemies first i guess

Top Bottom