• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Swifty

Kweh said:
Any tips on fighting the 2nd boss as a stealth build? I don't have access to Typhoon attacks.
What I did?
Turned on smart vision and kept following her around the room while massaging her back with the assault rifle.

Kweh said:
Any tips on fighting the 2nd boss as a stealth build? I don't have access to Typhoon attacks.
Run straight towards her when she charges you, turn around after she does her attack, shoot her with the stun gun, and unload with whatever grenades or damage dealing weapons you have.

If you need more guns or items (like useful EMP grenades) just check the cabinets on the outside wall of the room.

You can also shoot the generators on the walls to electrocute the water on the floor. Just make sure you're on the dry metal platform or equipped with the aug that prevents you from taking damage from electricity before you try it.

dankir

Questions for those who beat it.

I just entered Hengsha for the second time and Malik just crashed the choppa. How long do I have left in the game?

I still haven't come close to fully upgrading any weapons, I have 3 faster reload upgrades slots left for my tranq and about 6 more total upgrades left for my 10 mm pistol. I think I should have upgrade the tranq only. Will I get many more chances to to fully upgrade my tranq gun?

I will play it again so I guess I can do it that round if needed.

dankir said:
Questions for those who beat it.

I just entered Hengsha for the second time and Malik just crashed the choppa. How long do I have left in the game?

I still haven't come close to fully upgrading any weapons, I have 3 faster reload upgrades slots left for my tranq and about 6 more total upgrades left for my 10 mm pistol. I think I should have upgrade the tranq only. Will I get many more chances to to fully upgrade my tranq gun?

I will play it again so I guess I can do it that round if needed.
You're starting to get close to the end but you probably have a solid 5 or so hours left.

I'm not positive if you'll be able to find all the upgrades you need to max either one of those out at this point but I would guess not. There are still a decent number left for you to find though so I could be wrong. Make sure you go to all the vendors in Hengsha and use a guide to find upgrade locations for the last few areas.

Ashour

I think my Deus Ex game is glitching.
on my second visit to China I got a side quest from a doctor at limb and he asked me to go check the butcher shop. so anyways I go there and search the dead man and found his media. read it but on the quest log it still says read the pocket media. I tried a couple of times but nothing changes. so I went to the swears on my own without an update on the quest but no one is there.

am I screwed out of this quest?

.nimrod

Ashour said:
on my second visit to China I got a side quest from a doctor at limb and he asked me to go check the butcher shop. so anyways I go there and search the dead man and found his media. read it but on the quest log it still says read the pocket media. I tried a couple of times but nothing changes. so I went to the swears on my own without an update on the quest but no one is there.

I was wondering this myself, but the description in the quest log is just awful.
Apparently you're just supposed to search them in the sewers, i can't remember the exact location anymore though.

I don't know how I feel about this game yet...

At first, I thought I liked it, but I'm just not that sure anymore. I'm not that deep into it, though, so maybe I should give it some time, but I'm just not impressed with the gameplay.

Sober

.nimrod said:
I was wondering this myself, but the description in the quest log is just awful.
Apparently you're just supposed to search them in the sewers, i can't remember the exact location anymore though.
Yeah, you can still do the quest ...
the entrance to the sewers you need is by the other sidequest where you have to knock out the dudes, basically you can do both because they are by the trashy hobo-area by the entrance to Alice Garden Pods

Ashour said:

Yeah, I'm having the same problem.
Usually the game knows when you read a log or something like that and tells you were to go. I'm guessing we just have to search the sewers for him now. I went through them once and didn't run into them, so I may just have to keep looking.

CyReN

Just picked it up at Blockbuster, haven't played the first. Anything I have to know about the previous story and any tips before I start?

Grisby

CyReN said:
Just picked it up at Blockbuster, haven't played the first. Anything I have to know about the previous story and any tips before I start?

No, you really don't need to know anything.

Hacking makes things a cinch. Stealth seems to get you more XP.

CyReN said:

Not really anything you need to know about the story. The story fits in well with the original, but you don't need to have played DX1 to appreciate Human Revolution. With that being said, I would still highly recommend the first game.

In terms of tips, I would say take your time. Explore, approach situations from a variety of different ways. Have fun, it's a great world to get lost in.

jackdoe

Kweh said:
Haha. For me, it glitched and got stuck in a wall. Then I just relaxed, stretched out my legs, and just took my time pumping her full of lead.

SenseiJinx said:
Yeah, I'm having the same problem.
Usually the game knows when you read a log or something like that and tells you were to go. I'm guessing we just have to search the sewers for him now. I went through them once and didn't run into them, so I may just have to keep looking.

Okay, I was able to finish the quest.
Whoever mentioned that it's near the Alice Garden Pods was right. My problem was I searched in the sewers on the other side of town. The minute you run into the team, your quest log updates with two entries, one that looks like it should have triggered when you first pick up that pocket secretary.

Just hop in the sewers there, they're pretty easy to find once you do.

Ferrio

Banned
Kweh said:

what I did.

Emp the recharge stations, it'll cause the water to electrify therefor stunning her. Shoot her in the head until she recovers.... run like hell. Repeat until you're outta emp. Then I'd just run from her, stun gun her after her attacks, then shoot her in the head. Upgraded dermal+electricity defense is very very helpful for this fight

watershed

Banned
Is it possible to play through this game guns blazing? I've beat the game once already but did so almost completely stealth. If I do a second playthrough offensively will I get enough ammo, etc to actually play it like a more standard fps?

artwalknoon said:
Is it possible to play through this game guns blazing? I've beat the game once already but did so almost completely stealth. If I do a second playthrough offensively will I get enough ammo, etc to actually play it like a more standard fps?

I'm assuming you can do that just fine, as long as you aren't just wasting clips of ammo at all times. You'll probably have to conserve ammo somewhat, but just running through the game stealthily it doesn't look like it would be a problem. I mean, the pistol can be ridiculously overpowered, and its ammo is everywhere. And I know I'm always picking up machine pistol ammo as well that I just drop to make room in my inventory. There doesn't seem to be a done of shotgun ammo, but I'm sure there's enough to keep you by.

As an aside, I like how this game has more satisfying non lethal weapons than the first. In that game you had the baton, crossbow with tranq darts, and the prod. In this game you have non-lethal takedowns, the tranq sniper rifle, the stun gun, and P.E.P.s. All four of those are ridiculously fun to use -- at least more so than the originals.

Although I've got to say I miss Pepper Spray. I loved alerting guards, running around a corner, and then spraying pepper spray in their eyes. As they stood there screaming in agony, I would just bop them on the head with my baton.

markot

Banned
Someone tell me wat do on the stupid boss fight in the chick computer room, you know what I mean!

I hate boss fights in fps games soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much >_<

mileS

ENBSeries, so it will lag like a bitch i'm guessing? Also its worth pointing out how good you can make anything look with downsampled screenshots.

Jarlaxle

Alright, quick question. If I throw an EMP grenade at one of those robot things to take it down, does that count against my non lethal playthrough?

If so,
I'm at the part where you have to save Malik and I can take everyone down through non lethal means but I have no idea how else to take the robot down. I don't see any terminals around to deactivate it.
I would really appreciate any help.

inky

markot said:
Someone tell me wat do on the stupid boss fight in the chick computer room, you know what I mean!

I hate boss fights in fps games soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much >_<

2nd boss fight?

I just ran around in circles and used EMP grenades/mines if I spotted her cloaked. It usually stuns her for a second that I use to unload whatever weapon I have, usually shotgun. She then runs away and if I have sufficient health & ammo I just follow her and do the same, if not I search nearby lockers or boost my health/change weapons. I usually never get too close, but that is because I didn't have armor augs. I heard that armor+typhoon bosses usually die in 3 attacks.

I found all of them rather easy tbh.

i-Lo

if the
crazy individuals in the last chapter
hostile against you, then does it count as "alarmed"? I swear, I played the games with only only perhaps two turrets spotting me but without raising the "touch pad alarm". Also, I went through the decontamination section the towards end which sounds what seems like an alarm.

So did I blow it in those areas as I didn't get my stealth trophy?

Blizzard

Banned
EatChildren said:
He's released two early videos of his extreme graphics modification for Human Revolution. Part 1 and Part 2.
I don't like how things look so white in the second video. The first video looks decent.

(and of course almost any downsampled picture will look better, I'd like to see some full-sized ones)

Erudite

Just finished the game, thought I would get the Pacifist achievement. Nope. Can't remember if I killed anyone in the Prologue or not. Ugh.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The ENB mod hasn't been released yet. You can check out full res shots here, but here's some before/after comparisons.

de188zk.jpg

de24862.jpg

de3i8zl.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I love how the books are illuminated by the soft glow from the screen.

Top Bottom