• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

SamuraiX-

That ENB mod looks insane. I don't think I've ever seen a mod that adds so many nice touch ups to any already awesome looking game.

Props to the guys working on that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DennisK4 said:
ENB looks better.

Game put on hold together with The Witcher 2.

Buy new rig. Play GTA IV.

Douchebag Dennis is my favourite Dennis.

bs000

JEKKI said:
Im sure someone already talked about this,

but awww man that Jaya sidequest was maad cool!!!!

u can pay off her debt and get a Praxis point, then knock the bartender out and steal your money back!!

jus lay low til the Alarmed status goes away, then walk away safe!!!

also it's funny how u can go around opening doors and knocking foolz out, then go do like a bunch of missions, come back, and all those doods are still knocked out!!

even funnier when ppl come home in the rooms where u already opened the doors, yet didnt bother to close them lol.

I did that too but in my mission log it says I failed that mission.
There's an X next to the part where it tells you to get her to give you the 250 credits. I was trying to be nice-guy Jenson so I immediately offered to help her instead of asking for the credits. I paid off her debt and got the praxis but mission failed anyway.
:(

syoaran

About 90% into my second playthough, managed to not miss anything and not set off alerts - and then my entire save library gets corrupted. Nothing I could do to fix it......... Fuck

Scotch

That mod would be very welcome when I replay the game later this year on my new rig.

The lighting in the game actually kinda bothered me in a couple of places. In your apartment for instance, the ceiling is literally covered in lamps, yet the room is very dark and beams of light fall though the window while it's dusk outside. It creates a nice atmosphere but it breaks the immersion for me because it looks so unrealistic. Another example, vents are pretty bright without there being any source of light. It obviously shouldn't be pitch black for gameplay reasons, but at least make it a bit dark. And yeah, in general, shadows are almost nonexistant.

MNC

bs000 said:
I did that too but in my mission log it says I failed that mission.
There's an X next to the part where it tells you to get her to give you the 250 credits. I was trying to be nice-guy Jenson so I immediately offered to help her instead of asking for the credits. I paid off her debt and got the praxis but mission failed anyway.
:(
Did you get the achievement for it?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still only in Detroit and this game keeps getting better and better :D

If you can spare one minute of your life, Please check out this short vid I made, summing up my feelings and current playstyle. I was particularly pleased with this one entrance into gang turf. (No real spoilers anywhere, unless you want to see a certain Hulk-esque augmentation for yourself first-hand...)

Ballin'.

I've been constantly annoyed by the monitors, displays etc in this game, they have this annoying wavey lines effect that distorts as you shift your perspective around. Can somebody else post a screenshot from inside Sarif HQ so I can tell if that is a graphical glitch on my part or deliberate?

ZeroRay

B-Genius said:

If you can spare one minute of your life, Please check out this short vid I made, summing up my feelings and current playstyle. I was particularly pleased with this one entrance into gang turf. (No real spoilers anywhere, unless you want to see a certain Hulk-esque augmentation for yourself first-hand...)

Ballin'.

I was ballin' like that too.

I didn't want to spend my points on it, but I didn't trust my abilities to get through all those guards on the ground floor unnoticed. Turned out to be one of the best aug investments I've made in the game.

Used my old school PC FPS platforming skills to get down inside though since I didn't have the Icarus Drop yet.

B-Genius said:

Ballin'.

My main issue with that is that it's the easiest route into that area, yet it's impossible to do on a pacifist run as the guy is always standing there and that move is always lethal. I had to crawl round the sewers, which ended up being way easier than I expected.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
ZeroRay said:
I was ballin' like that too.

I didn't want to spend my points on it, but I didn't trust my abilities to get through all those guards on the ground floor unnoticed. Turned out to be one of the best aug investments I've made in the game.

Used my old school PC FPS platforming skills to get down inside though since I didn't have the Icarus Drop yet.
Yeah! So glad that you can rely on old school FPS skills in HR. Speaking of platforming, I'm really enjoying the high jump aug as well - hope it continues to be useful.
Guerrillas in the Mist said:
My main issue with that is that it's the easiest route into that area, yet it's impossible to do on a pacifist run as the guy is always standing there and that move is always lethal. I had to crawl round the sewers, which ended up being way easier than I expected.
I see your point, but smashing through walls doesn't strike me as a particularly 'passive' approach ^^;

Did you guys watch to the end? Very important part of the whole roleplay/choice playstyle right there...

Jintor

Scotch said:
That mod would be very welcome when I replay the game later this year on my new rig.

The lighting in the game actually kinda bothered me in a couple of places. In your apartment for instance, the ceiling is literally covered in lamps, yet the room is very dark and beams of light fall though the window while it's dusk outside. It creates a nice atmosphere but it breaks the immersion for me because it looks so unrealistic. Another example, vents are pretty bright without there being any source of light. It obviously shouldn't be pitch black for gameplay reasons, but at least make it a bit dark. And yeah, in general, shadows are almost nonexistant.

I remember back in the original Deus Ex, you couldn't fucking find your way around Liberty Island in the shadows because it was so goddamn dark! Thank god for eye flashlights.

Enco

Jintor said:
I remember back in the original Deus Ex, you couldn't fucking find your way around Liberty Island in the shadows because it was so goddamn dark! Thank god for eye flashlights.
I emptied my energy and it's pretty tough navigating around some areas. No idea where to get more energy. Sucks.

Been sweating the thought of spending time on this. I've got an addictive personality. After reading this thread, I bought it. Downloading now and the count down begins.

Atruvius

I just finished my second playthrough on hardest. I also didn't kill anyone and didn't get any alarms. I only got legend and pacifist trophies, not the foxiest of hounds.

What went wrong. I didn't get any alarms (flasing red lights all over). Only one turret saw me and went red but no enemies were alerted. Also
loonies
saw me. I only have a save at the middle of the last area. Am I fucked because a turret saw me in
Singapore
?

jett

D-Member
Those ENB people have a fix for the stuttering bug...I actually asked for this!

edit: it didn't fix anything, in fact it made it worse than ever. I never asked for that.

Need help. I'm at
the crash landed construction site in Hengsha. I've been a pacifist and trying to do no alerts but as soon as I get to that area it goes hostile and I refuse to let Malik die for me.

WHAT DO I DO?

Alright I am about to go to
Hengsha
for the first time, and I get a warning about leaving a UNFINISHED SIDE QUEST but I think I have completed all of them up to this point:

-Unforeseen Consequence: Only one I couldn't do because I let Greg die in the factory. If he dies I can't do this quest right?
-Lesser Evil
-Motherly Ties
-Cloak & Daggers

jett

D-Member
Crewnh said:
Need help. I'm at
the crash landed construction site in Hengsha. I've been a pacifist and trying to do no alerts but as soon as I get to that area it goes hostile and I refuse to let Malik die for me.

WHAT DO I DO?

Tranquilizer rifle + gas grenades?

I killed everyone there, personally.

Crewnh said:
Need help. I'm at

WHAT DO I DO?
Equip the stun gun and stun/takedown everyone, start from the right and work your away around. Use an emp grenade/mine on the mech, I saved her on the hardest difficulty and still got no kills/alarms at the end. Just be sure to do a hard save when it loads so you have something more than the autosave to fall back on

wutwutwut

Atruvius said:
IWhat went wrong. I didn't get any alarms (flasing red lights all over). Only one turret saw me and went red but no enemies were alerted. Also
loonies
saw me. I only have a save at the middle of the last area. Am I fucked because a turret saw me in
Singapore
?
Yep, I think so. Turrets start making loud noises when they go red -- I think that counts as setting an alarm off.

Atruvius

wutwutwut said:
Yep, I think so. Turrets start making loud noises when they go red -- I think that counts as setting an alarm off.
Damn. Have to do two more playthroughs to get platinum. I never asked for this.

Enco

Dries said:
I haven't. Is it something in HR or the original?
The original.

You can hear two people talking and one of them complains about how he got the wrong flavour from the vending machine. He wanted orange and blamed the mistake on the maintenance man.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How far am into the game?

Just reach Detroit for the 2nd time, talked to the senile woman from Jensen's past, confront Haggart in the conference room and just accepted the sidequest from the scared cop.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Bisnic said:
How far am into the game?

Just reach Detroit for the 2nd time, talked to the senile woman from Jensen's past, confront Haggart in the conference room and just accepted the sidequest from the scared cop.

about 50% in.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Only 50%? Steam said i've spent 24.8 hours playing the game... guess i must have been afk a couple of time lol. Or spent too much time talking to random civilians until i realized they just repeat the same lines after a while. Or maybe its because i hack everything in sight and read every emails. :D

subversus

Bisnic said:
Only 50%? Steam said i've spent 24.8 hours playing the game... guess i must have been afk a couple of time lol. Or spent too much time talking to random civilians until i realized they just repeat the same lines after a while. Or maybe its because i hack everything in sight and read every emails. :D

yep, if you haven't done anything worthwile in Detroit you're in for the long run.

So is there any known fixes for the stuttering/crashing?

It's mainly/almost only rampant when running around the Detroit hub so far. It's like sometimes when I turn a corner or sprint it will start to really slow down to like single digit fps then just crash to desktop. I tried turning off DX11 and it hasn't happened again, but it still stutters when running around town. I don't think I fixed it, just a matter of time before it CTDs again probably.

Enjoying the game besides the stuttering. Oh, and the boss fight(s)...just did first boss and, yeah, they're bullshit.

ScOULaris

subversus said:
about 50% in.
No fucking way. This is where I am, and you're saying I'm only halfway through? That can't be right.

I don't know my play time right now, but it's gotta be somewhere around 12-14 hours. I'm in the same boat as Bisnic. I search every nook and cranny for items, talk to everyone, hack everything, and read emails/ebooks.

weekendCONFIRMED said:
So is there any known fixes for the stuttering/crashing?

It's mainly/almost only rampant when running around the Detroit hub so far. It's like sometimes when I turn a corner or sprint it will start to really slow down to like single digit fps then just crash to desktop. I tried turning off DX11 and it hasn't happened again, but it still stutters when running around town. I don't think I fixed it, just a matter of time before it CTDs again probably.

Enjoying the game besides the stuttering. Oh, and the boss fight(s)...just did first boss and, yeah, they're bullshit.

I've fixed my crashes permanently by upping the core voltage on my GPU. It's completely stable now. Still get some stutters though.

subversus

ScOULaris said:
No fucking way. This is where I am, and you're saying I'm only halfway through? That can't be right.

I don't know my play time right now, but it's gotta be somewhere around 12-14 hours. I'm in the same boat as Bisnic. I search every nook and cranny for items, talk to everyone, hack everything, and read emails/ebooks.

only 12-14 hours? I clocked 30

jett

D-Member
ScOULaris said:

Game is really long. 50-60% is about right.

i-Lo

i-Lo said:
if the
crazy individuals in the last chapter
hostile against you, then does it count as "alarmed"? I swear, I played the games with only only perhaps two turrets spotting me but without raising the "touch pad alarm". Also, I went through the decontamination section the towards end which sounds what seems like an alarm.

So did I blow it in those areas as I didn't get my stealth trophy?

Anyone?

i-Lo said:
I had many of those types see me and still got foxiest. Hell, I just threw gas grenades at my feet and let them run toward me until they all passed out in order to get past the large clumps of them.

You might have had a camera see a body or something to ruin your achievement.

jett

D-Member
Gvaz said:
Finally! ENB owns.

Why didn't the game have shadows in the first place? it makes everything look like shit imo.

It has shadows, just not always. And I'm guessing for performance issues, frankly the engine they used is not all that great.

Top Bottom