• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

i-Lo

Aquavelvaman said:
I had many of those types see me and still got foxiest. Hell, I just threw gas grenades at my feet and let them run toward me until they all passed out in order to get past the large clumps of them.

You might have had a camera see a body or something to ruin your achievement.

I had two turrets notice me and go Hostile without firing a shot and then going into cool down. Would that affect it?

Dennis

Banned
I vow to play the game as soon as a stable release of ENB is out.

And I vow to explore every nook and cranny. 50-60 hour game I am sure.

vocab

DennisK4 said:

Well considering how shitty the engine is without ENB, I won't even touch ENB till a patch comes out. ENB guy pretty much told DEHR devs on their forum that their code is a sloppy mess. So ENB's performance will most likely suffer.

goodfella

Normally I think ENB makes games look much worse, but this just looks a ton better.

Scared it will run like shit though, vanilla already does.

Dennis

Banned
goodfella said:
Normally I think ENB makes games look much worse, but this just looks a ton better.

Scared it will run like shit though, vanilla already does.
Really? I thought that at least one positive aspect of the shitty graphics was that at least the performance was good on modest rigs.

Dries

DennisK4 said:

Wow. So people still play games for graphics instead of gameplay.

jett

D-Member
DennisK4 said:
Really? I thought that at least one positive aspect of the shitty graphics was that at least the performance was good on modest rigs.

The performance is not as good as it should be considering the modest graphics. And many people suffer from a stuttering bug to boot.

Dennis

Banned
jett said:
The performance is not as good as it should be considering the modest graphics. And many people suffer from a stuttering bug to boot.
Thats too bad. Maybe ENB will fix it or Eidos will be shamed into fixing it in a patch.

Kinyou

Goddamn I forgot that missions have E-Books too. Now I have to start my pacifist run all over again. (Had just finished the first hub)

btw. I wish that MS would integrate a "achievment checker" that tells you if you have failed a certain achievement or not. Nothing worse than to play through a whole game just to find out that you missed something in the first level...

Enco

I'm seriously annoyed because Steam is telling me I've only played for 26 hours.

I've finished the game once with all the side quests. I usually go slowly through games. I've also played a bit in my second play through. I'm guessing the timer is broken.

Dries

Enco said:
I'm seriously annoyed because Steam is telling me I've only played for 26 hours.

I've finished the game once with all the side quests. I usually go slowly through games. I've also played a bit in my second play through. I'm guessing the timer is broken.

Maybe you weren't connected to the net?

gdt

Question:

Can I save
Malik? I stay back and pop away with the sniper rifle, then take out the robot asap with an emp grenade, but she still dies.

SHAZOOM

461F0233CFA878CB1DE89F966D3B4563EB31AA68

Just thought it was a neat little touch.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gdt5016 said:
Question:

Can I save
Malik? I stay back and pop away with the sniper rifle, then take out the robot asap with an emp grenade, but she still dies.

Yes. Try and take out the two heavies first as they deal the most damage.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can i kill or knock out every civilians i come across in this game? Or will that result in a game over or an infinite waves of cops? Haven't tried yet but it's tempting.

Derrick01

Banned
Bisnic said:
Can i kill or knock out every civilians i come across in this game? Or will that result in a game over or an infinite waves of cops? Haven't tried yet but it's tempting.

As far as I can tell you can kill pretty much every civilian. Cops in the general area will come after you if they witness you do it but if you escape the area they'll "forget" you 5 minutes later.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat this.

Excellent game, and Adam Jensen has the probably the most stylish jacket I've ever seen in a video game.

Hell, the slick futuristic/functional design of everything in this game was awesome.

The ENB patch made the game take like 5x longer just to get to the main menu and I still had weird stuttering, maybe worse. I went back to vanilla. I had gotten use to it - and it luckily didn't happen much once I was in a mission zone.

If Greg dies during the factory mission in the beginning of the game but Josie lives
The mission Unforeseen Consequences is no longer possible right?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
My dog jumped out of my brothers car today and scratched up the bag of his legs. My first thought was to get him augmentations -_-

40 hours and counting, back to the game.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I was completely wrong about Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The game is GORGEOUS. Playing it at 1680x1050, all settings maxed, 4x AF, and maintaining an average of 60 fps for the most part. Seriously, the presentation in this game is something else, and I'm still only three hours in.

Dries

Yeah, the art direction of this game is INCREDIBLE.

And about the ENB mod, I don't know, but I'd prefer to play the game the way the devs intended it to be.

Durante

I've played for over 30 hours and I just
got to Montreal
. But I do a lot of quicksaving/loading to try different stuff, and I hack everything and read everything.

DennisK4 said:
The performance is great if you're not affected by the stuttering bug, 19x12 @ 60 fps at everything maxed on my (decidedly mid-end these days) 460.

I also think the game looks better than people give it credit for, the environment design is top-notch. And considering that most of the environments are some kind of office building they did a good job of introducing variety.

dxhr-2011-09-10-19-36-pow9.jpg

Grisby

BruceLeeRoy said:
If Greg dies during the factory mission in the beginning of the game but Josie lives
The mission Unforeseen Consequences is no longer possible right?

Yep, both
peeps need to live I believe

Durante

i-Lo said:
Thanks

Did anyone see the FFXXVII posters (iirc)?
The most interesting thing about that is that it would mean that Square Enix releases 14 more numbered FFs between now and 2027. That's less than 2 years between entries! They'll never be able to do it.

MrOogieBoogie said:
I was completely wrong about Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The game is GORGEOUS. Playing it at 1680x1050, all settings maxed, 4x AF, and maintaining an average of 60 fps for the most part. Seriously, the presentation in this game is something else, and I'm still only three hours in.

Yeah, it really is a gorgeous game. The art direction and design of the hubs are amazing, especially. If only the stuttering didn't exist, and there were better character models...

That being said, there's some really breathtaking areas in this game. And you're only 3 hours in -- there's even better stuff to come.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I didn't seem to get stuttering on a non-overclocked e8400 and 5850, and I really like the game's clean graphics and art style for the most part.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ermac said:
My dog jumped out of my brothers car today and scratched up the bag of his legs. My first thought was to get him augmentations -_-

40 hours and counting, back to the game.
Dogmentations are going to be the future.

Bumhead

Banned
Just started playing this properly on PC. Around 3 hours in.

Game looks and runs brilliant most of the time but.. that stuttering. I've just gone outside for the first team on my way to the police precinct and some sections of that area are almost unplayable, just a constant stutter. When the game runs it runs brilliantly, no frame drops or anything, but as soon as that stuttering kicks in it ruins the experience.

I hope I'm right in thinking they're fixing this shit, right?

Kazzy

Oh my, something great just happened in the 3rd boss fight...

I defeated Namir with one punch! He was about to jump over the wall to try and reach me so I thought I'd experiment and see if I could use a take-down, turns out its just as effective here as it is on normal enemies!

I love it when a game lets me buck traditional gameplay elements like that

Dave1988

Watanabe Kazuma said:
Oh my, something great just happened in the 3rd boss fight...

I defeated Namir with one punch! He was about to jump over the wall to try and reach me so I thought I'd experiment and see if I could use a take-down, turns out its just as effective here as it is on normal enemies!

I love it when a game lets me buck traditional gameplay elements like that

It's a glitch. You're not supposed to be able to do that.

Kazzy

Ah, still it was a nice moment, intentional or not.

:(

It would explain his overwrought expression after the fight though, as well as bleeding and on the verge of death. I know Jensen can hit like a truck, but COME ON!

Just finished a little while ago - great game. I ended up having something like 170k experience (I'd have to confirm the exact number) which seemed like a lot to me because I had literally everything except for some hacking augs.

I'll probably do a non lethal playthrough in a few days. Eidos Montreal needs to release that DLC so they can take my money.

i-Lo

Out of curiosity (I played the PS3 version), did the Harvester class which carry the heavy rifle go through the floor when stunned or tranq-ed? It happened to me and because I couldn't be sure whether they were alive later, the only solution that worked was to knock them out with physical attack.

evilgreg

Neo Member
Question: I got the sound wave upgrade where you can visibly see how your sound is traveling or whatever, but I have no idea how to activate it or see the sound waves. Am I doing something wrong?

evilgreg said:
Question: I got the sound wave upgrade where you can visibly see how your sound is traveling or whatever, but I have no idea how to activate it or see the sound waves. Am I doing something wrong?

It shows on your radar. Try jumping for instance, you'll see the sound waves around your marker.

Top Bottom