• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

jett

D-Member
BTW I recommend to not get the invisibility aug. I got it near the end(only to spend all the leftover praxis I had) and by god that shit is broken. Actually I played most of the game with only a small amount of upgrades. I had over 20 praxis points in the last area. :lol

GhaleonEB

Game arrived today. I won't get the chance to play it until late tonight, sadly. But it feels good to have a new game to look forward to.

I very seldom buy games without lots of reading up, this is just about the first game I've ever bought on the basis of WOM from friends and one or two videos. Hope it delivers.

Smellycat

So, I was youtubing videos about this game to see if I want to buy it. And I found the gamespot video review. Everytime the guy said "Deus Ex" it sounded like he was saying "days of sex"

haha

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Anyone on PC have any issues leading towards (what i think is) the end of the game where it just stops loading? It just sits there spinning.

inky

Anyone ever got the "man mark" and "last position" augs? I will probably begin my hard stealth playthrough soonish and was wondering if these were useful at all. (probably not)

Gvaz

Banned
8UMAo.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If there is one thing i hate, its how easy it is to waste weapon upgrades. Why does the game delete the upgrade when it doesnt even work on the weapon i selected? Why not just disactivating the option like it does on some weapons?

Bisnic said:
If there is one thing i hate, its how easy it is to waste weapon upgrades. Why does the game delete the upgrade when it doesnt even work on the weapon i selected? Why not just disactivating the option like it does on some weapons?
I've never had that happen (360 version). You have the option to 'Combine' if a weapon is compatible; it's grayed out if not.

Are you playing on PC?

Ken

Bisnic said:

It shouldn't even give you the option to combine a weapon upgrade/mod with a weapon that's incompatible with the upgrade/mod, so I'm not sure how what you're describing is possible?

Psi

Exclamation-One said:
I've never had that happen (360 version). You have the option to 'Combine' if a weapon is compatible; it's grayed out if not.

Are you playing on PC?

I played on PC and nothing like that ever happened to me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
nvm im stupid, it does upgrade, i was just looking at the 3 small "boxes" near the weapon and thought that was where all the upgrades went. I wasn't thinking right. Wasn't looking at the actual stats.

Bisnic said:
Huh? If you select "combine" and the weapon, if the weapon isn't compatible or is maxed out in that category, the weapon will be grayed out.

kuroshiki

jett said:
BTW I recommend to not get the invisibility aug. I got it near the end(only to spend all the leftover praxis I had) and by god that shit is broken. Actually I played most of the game with only a small amount of upgrades. I had over 20 praxis points in the last area. :lol

Invisibility drains battery fast...

Any post mortem interviews yet?

Has there been a verdict on the 'disappearing long coat' yet?

I'm 60% sure they had some badass animation of the coat coming on and off, but it got stuck in development hell.

Just got to
Singapore
. Fairly certain that I'm getting really close to the end. Still loving the game, though. The rest of the story is pretty predictable from here, but that's okay. Still enjoying it. Also,
now I know where The Missing Link fits in. Should be interesting. Wonder what they'll have in store for future DLC, too...

GhaleonEB

Is there a way to turn off the head bobbing when walking around on the 360 version? I just got through the tutorial, and walking around the building after, it's fast on the way to becoming the second game I've ever played to give me motion sickness.

Dacon

Banned
Jesus fuck I cannot express the rage I felt when Faridah died in my first playthrough, and I found her fucking body in the harvester headquarters. Went on a fucking killing spree after that

I hope the next game keeps Adam as protag though. I really like him.

Just got to the last level...don't want this to end, dangit. Going to take my time on this one.

Got to say, I'm a little disappointed that
Bob Page didn't really play a role in this game. I thought it was cool seeing him (with the same voice actor and everything) in the intro. I'm guessing he'll probably pop up briefly in the ending, but we'll see.

One other minor complaint...I've felt like the majority of Human Revolution fits in beautifully with DX1. The part where Darrow turns everyone with augs crazy was pretty interesting, but it seems like it would have been such a catastrophic event to lead to some mention in the first game.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just finished the game at about 30hrs with all side quests completed. Absolutely amazing game, and probably right up there as the best game I've played this year so far. Probably going to start right back up to finish up some achievements(Pacifist/Foxiest). Really looking forward to more games from Eidos Montreal, I think they really nailed this one.

GhaleonEB said:
Is there a way to turn off the head bobbing when walking around on the 360 version? I just got through the tutorial, and walking around the building after, it's fast on the way to becoming the second game I've ever played to give me motion sickness.
I didn't see any options for that, sorry.

Interesting to see all of the emotional reactions re:
Faridah's body.
I was shocked, but not really angry. I mean, that's what the
Harvester gang
does, after all.

They weren't the ones who
killed her, it was the conspirators.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Exclamation-One said:
What is this? TinEye produced no results, and nothing comes up for Human Revolution '2D' or 'sidescroller' ...

Please tell me this is a playable game!

Sorry, I recall seeing some dude post this on Reddit a week or two ago.

I think the title was something along the lines of "I would instantly buy this game." My guess is that he just drew it up.

Boulayman

I ran into that glitch where the mercenary option doesn't appear for the quest from megan's mother. I initially bought the 360 version and started playing it but then I got my new rig so I wanted to play it on the pc instead and it was more enjoyable imho, unfortunately while I was googling for a way to fix that bug, I totally spoilered myself as for the ending of the game ;( What a waste... Are there any more bugs later or should I just pick up my 360 version and play with that instead ?

Ken

Gowans007 said:
I've just got the The Final Countdown achievement, how long have I got?

About
half an hour to an hour left of gameplay, depending on whether you choose to do certain things or not.

Ken

Majukun said:
what's better,laser rifle or heavy rifle?

I prefer the laser rifle over the heavy rifle since the laser rifle's ammo takes far less inventory space than the heavy rifle's. It's also handy to have at the end of the game if you have space.

Also, fuck that ENB mod looks impressive!

Master Race: I've got a semi-competent rig (3.4 Ghz, 3GB ram, Windows 7 32), planning to add another GB and upgrade to Windows 7 64.

Assuming he works some of the kinks out in the coming weeks, would I be able to run that with a new video card (less than $100). I don't care about framerate nearly as much as simply rendering all of the effects and shadows. 30fps would be just fine.

Shouta

Majukun said:

Laser Rifle takes up less space overall when you consider ammo but the Heavy Rifle has upgrades and you can get it fairly early. Once you get a laser sight on the Heavy Rifle, it'll rip through most anything because it focuses the shots into a single point.

Anyway, I finished my second play through and I didn't realized until I went to Hengsha the second time that each area seems to have 2 different weapons merchants. I guess I wasn't looking hard enough

Boulayman

sikkinixx said:
Buggy on PC.. Crashed a few times, clipped a few times, so...much....stuttering.

Kinda disappointed with it so far.

To be frank, except for that game breaking bug for the quest, the pc version has been running very smoothly, very fluid for me and looks very good. Which is why I am willing to give the pc version another chance but you reporting crashes and stuterring is not a good sign.

Edit: I am from Montreal so I might have a strong tendency to defend them lol

Majukun said:
Unless I'm missing something you can only get the laser rifle near the very end of the game? Where the heavy rifle turns up at the
Pod hotel massacre
The laser rifle is easy for
cheesing the last boss, just enable cloak point rifle at her face and it's over in sbout 5 seconds

If you've done side quests and stuff you should have so much praxis that space isn't an issue. I never even picked ip a heavy rifle in this game, just used assault rifle, pistol and tranq sniper mostly, with laser rifle later on.

Ken

Relax.MX said:
Im in Pacifist + hard mode but i remember that I did not give a gun to Malik(the hacker) ¿does that count to get my achievement?

What's the achievement? If it's to not kill anyone, I don't think that
giving a gun to the hacker will stop you from getting the "No kill" achievement since he just goes into his pod even with a gun.

Not 100% sure though.

Davidion

Exclamation-One said:
Faridah's body.
Harvester gang
does, after all.

Yeah I raised an eyebrow when I first got there too, didn't realize it would happen and thought I had all the time in the world to take care of things.

That's when I loaded up my save and
grabbed my trusty protein powder and my cloak and beat the shit out of everybody and saved her ass.
Don't think I alarmed anyone either; I didn't draw any fire.

I won't lie, it's satisfying when you get to do something like that.

aasoncott

afternoon delight said:
Hasn't crashed yet, never stuttered, haven't had a single bug to report.

Pretty happy so far.

Ditto. Just finished my first playthrough tonight, didn't encounter a single bug or crash the entire game.

Nihilistic Monk said:
The laser rifle is easy for
cheesing the last boss, just enable cloak point rifle at her face and it's over in sbout 5 seconds

Endgame spoiler:
What was the 'proper' way to kill the last boss? I hacked the terminal in the center, took out the guys who came out (with a single typhoon), threw EMPs at the few robots, and then... there were no enemies left, no threat, and so I just walked up to her and shot her a bunch of times in the head. I take it I did something strange? I never really figured out what the buttons or terminals were for.

Enco

aasoncott said:
Endgame spoiler:
What was the 'proper' way to kill the last boss? I hacked the terminal in the center, took out the guys who came out (with a single typhoon), threw EMPs at the few robots, and then... there were no enemies left, no threat, and so I just walked up to her and shot her a bunch of times in the head. I take it I did something strange? I never really figured out what the buttons or terminals were for.
No proper way.

I
pressed on the buttons, killed those women that come out from the tubes, heavy rifled the loonies and got the bot to break her glass for me. I then heavy rifled her.

What are those
women from the tubes in the end fight
?

Dacon

Banned
Exclamation-One said:
Faridah's body.
Harvester gang
does, after all.

None of that changes anything, obv they weren't the ones responsible, but people got attached and seeing something like that would obviously tick people off.

Don't see what's so interesting about that. Oh and
I generally dislike the Harvesters and find what they do repulsive on a personal level. Taking a dead person's body and poking around inside of them to take their parts is sickening.

eek5

aasoncott said:
Endgame spoiler:

I'm pretty sure I messed it up too.
I just ran in a circle and hit the buttons then I just shot her. I see people talking about the last fight and I remember none of what they talk about (i.e. zombies? terminal to hack? robots? I saw NONE of that ???)

Ken

eek5 said:
I'm pretty sure I messed it up too.
I just ran in a circle and hit the buttons then I just shot her. I see people talking about the last fight and I remember none of what they talk about (i.e. zombies? terminal to hack? robots? I saw NONE of that ???)
Zombies probably refers to the augmented psycho enemies on Panchea. I think the guards that attack you in the final boss room are still psychos.

There's a terminal to hack on the center structure in the final boss' room. Not sure what it does though.

Robots might refer to the robot sentries that occasionally come out to attack you during the final boss.

MNC

Turning on DX11 seemed to help my stuttering issue.

I still have the following bugs though;

Sometimes game doesn't go through company logos and stays black while music plays

Sometimes FMVs don't bother loading, stay black

Sometimes after FMVs actual game won't bother loading back

All of these things I need to close down DEHR and start over :/ It's really a pain. And whenever it's happened, it keeps happening at the exact same spot ie
The penthouse of Thai Yong Medical

Top Bottom