• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

BeeDog

(late-game spoilers)

If I have
blown up the Docks office and just arrived to Singapore, how much do I have left?
Wanna know if I can finish the game tonight or not.

Dakota47

BeeDog said:
(late-game spoilers)

If I have
blown up the Docks office and just arrived to Singapore, how much do I have left?
Wanna know if I can finish the game tonight or not.

About four or five hours, depending on your playstyle.

Dave1988

AEREC said:
You sure...have the devs come and said it was a glitch?

I'm sure not being able to do that on any other boss is quite an indication that it wasn't intentionally put in there.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DieH@rd said:
2nd half game spoiler

Can Malik be saved? Please elaborate.

Yes. You must move quickly. Take out the two heavy gunners first, as they deal the most damage.

Narag

Dave1988 said:
I'm sure not being able to do that on any other boss is quite an indication that it wasn't intentionally put in there.

Can you do it if you took the biochip upgrade in Hengsha? I'm not sure I even tried.

Edit: Yes it has.

Completed a play through yesterday, and this is without question my favorite game this gen. Will buy all DLC and hopefully we'll see more from this universe.

If I want to get the achievements for not killing anybody, does the intro part also count?

And the achievement for not setting of any alarms, does that mean just not getting noticed by enemies or does it really mean not setting of the alarms in buildings?

Turfster

Tha Robbertster said:
If I want to get the achievements for not killing anybody, does the intro part also count?

And the achievement for not setting of any alarms, does that mean just not getting noticed by enemies or does it really mean not setting of the alarms in buildings?
Yes. If you killed anyone in the intro, you can forget the achievement.
No phyiscal alarms: no pads, no cameras.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
art2.jpg

deus_ex__hr_corridor_by_beere-d49icn2.jpg

deusexsceneudk78dux.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Human Revolution in CE3 would make my balls explode from joy.

TheApatheticOne said:
Completed a play through yesterday, and this is without question my favorite game this gen. Will buy all DLC and hopefully we'll see more from this universe.
My thoughts exactly. This game isn't perfect but it's the most fun I've had playing a game this entire generation.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Marsipolami said:
If I'm at the part where I
sneak out of Tai Yong medical,
how long do you reckon I have left before I complete the game?

about 35%.

or am I wrong?? oh no.

edit: it seems you haven't visited Detroit for the second time.

if it is so, than you're half way through.

subversus said:
about 35%.

or am I wrong?? oh no.

edit: it seems you haven't visited Detroit for the second time.

if it is so, than you're half way through.
On paper it seems like half way but it can actually be a lot more, depending on your play-style.
I spent forever exploring the two hubs on my first visits (at least 15-20 hours in Detroit) but significantly less on the return trips. I would guess that most people are out of Detroit in 5 hours or so on their second trip, and Hengsha is basically the same.

So yeah, I would say he has about 30% left or so.

Davidion

EatChildren said:
Yes. You must move quickly. Take out the two heavy gunners first, as they deal the most damage.

Yes and no,
you have enough time to cloak and basically clear out the entire area starting from the right side making your way further in and to the left. This is with takedowns, by the way; if you have guns or specifically sniper rifles you may have even more leeway. The point is you have to move immediately to take out the soldiers; it seems like the VTOL has a set life and if you get started fast on taking out soldiers the damage decrease outpaces the accumulated damage.

This is on normal btw, YMMV on hard.

EatChildren

Davidion said:
Yes and no,
you have enough time to cloak and basically clear out the entire area starting from the right side making your way further in and to the left. This is with takedowns, by the way; if you have guns or specifically sniper rifles you may have even more leeway. The point is you have to move immediately to take out the soldiers; it seems like the VTOL has a set life and if you get started fast on taking out soldiers the damage decrease outpaces the accumulated damage.

This is on normal btw, YMMV on hard.

If you have a sniper rifle the whole sequence is effortlessly easy on normal. You can pick of 90% of the dudes without leaving the starting position.

Sniper rifle owns.

jett

D-Member
Jerk said:
I love the third boss-fight so much. It is even more fun if you do it with the handicap.

I thought it was annoying as fuck. This game has the worst boss fights I've encountered since Killzone 2.

purg3

slept with Malkin
EatChildren said:
If you have a sniper rifle the whole sequence is effortlessly easy on normal. You can pick of 90% of the dudes without leaving the starting position.

Sniper rifle owns.
Same thing if you have the revolver with the explosive round mod, had no issue with that part.

aasoncott

Jerk said:
I love the third boss-fight so much. It is even more fun if you do it with the handicap.

I just
ran backwards, around the corner, then threw four or five frag mines at his feet. And then it was over. I have no idea what fighting him is actually supposed to be like. Though I'd like to say that I LOVE that the game lets you effectively break the boss fights by just going in hard with the explosives.

reektann

I just waltzed into a guys apartment, stole his beer and his money then chucked his fridge freezer at him and left. Jensen is such a dick.

Dresden

aasoncott said:
I just
ran backwards, around the corner, then threw four or five frag mines at his feet. And then it was over. I have no idea what fighting him is actually supposed to be like. Though I'd like to say that I LOVE that the game lets you effectively break the boss fights by just going in hard with the explosives.
Well you can shoot him in the head a few times with the pistol, knock him out with a punch, or spam Typhoon.

Amazing fight.

Jerk

Banned
jett said:
I thought it was annoying as fuck. This game has the worst boss fights I've encountered since Killzone 2.

Really? I found that fight to be a really enjoyable experience (but then a gain, I love all the boss fights).

He follows a really predictable pattern:

Toss Grenades
Follow
Shoot

As long as you do not remain in his direct line of sight, you can headshot him with your mid-range weapon of choice with little fear of retaliation. Tense, but straightforward (like all the bossfights).

EatChildren said:

Sniper rifle owns.

Cloak + Typhoon + Stun Gun. /pacifist

A breeze on any difficulty.

eek5 said:
I'm pretty sure I messed it up too.
I just ran in a circle and hit the buttons then I just shot her. I see people talking about the last fight and I remember none of what they talk about (i.e. zombies? terminal to hack? robots? I saw NONE of that ???)

as far as i know the approach you take dictates what actually happens
i think
the longer you take the more likely robots are to come out, also i think if you fiddle fuck around with the terminals they come out as well, regardless zombies come out but in the melee its hard to see them. If you just run around underneath the turrets pressing buttons you can actually miss them but they will show up on the radar

as for the terminals, if you hack them they will actually permanently unlock the ai chamber. For some reason there is a camera inside the thing and you can see inside the ai chamber which is really creepy but makes sense. The easiest way to do it is to max stealth. It takes about 3.5 bars using nukes and smart hack choices to hack the terminal and open the door. It gives you tons of experience as well. Once the gate is open you can actually throw a gas grenade from cover for an instant kill, this is how to do a stealth run.

Dries

So I just walked into my appartment for the first time.

Oh. My. God.

So good.

Btw, I'm also kinda getting some stuttering when walking around Detroit. Hope Eidos Montreal releases a patch soon. Or has anyone found a solution yet?

Effect

Finished the game today. Game registered at 33 hours. Not sure how accurate Steam is at calculating this though. My time for Modern Warfare 1 and 2 single players are pretty low and I'm sure I spent more then two hours going through MW1 single player. Also I'm sure MW2 took me more then three hours as well.

GhaleonEB

Question about Praxis points and upgrades. I'm deep in the first mission, and my experience info says:

Next Praxis: 2435

Total XP: 2565

But I have zero Available Praxis. Are they awarded at the end of the mission?

Wallach

GhaleonEB said:
Question about Praxis points and upgrades. I'm deep in the first mission, and my experience info says:

Next Praxis: 2435

Total XP: 2565

But I have zero Available Praxis. Are they awarded at the end of the mission?

It takes 5,000 XP to get a Praxis. The Next Praxis will count down all the way to zero with each point.

Jerk said:
Cloak + Typhoon + Stun Gun. /pacifist

A breeze on any difficulty.

You'd have to be pretty careful considering Typhoon kills anything it hits.

GhaleonEB

Wallach said:
It takes 5,000 XP to get a Praxis. The Next Praxis will count down all the way to zero with each point.
Ah, I was misreading it. Rather than tell me how many XP it takes total, and then how many I have, it shows the total and then the number needed. Thanks.

Akia

this game is freaking incredible. i am 50 hours into my first playthrough.

GOTY so far. Portal 2 was my GOTY before this game. Portal 2 was a fantastic iteration on the portal formula. I've never played a Deus Ex before HR, so Human Revolution came out of nowhere and is still blowing my mind.

Dries said:
So I just walked into my appartment for the first time.

Oh. My. God.

So good.

Btw, I'm also kinda getting some stuttering when walking around Detroit. Hope Eidos Montreal releases a patch soon. Or has anyone found a solution yet?

That was one of the highlights of the game for me as well.

Just finished the game.
Clocked in at 40 hours exactly. The last level wasn't great (not sure how much I liked the zombie soldiers) but I absolutely loved this game. The endings were great. I felt the options were were poignant then the first. In that one, you had two endings that seemed pretty terrible for mankind, and one that gave a glimmer of hope. This one really made you think about it. I went with Darrow's first, but watched them all. Really enjoyed the ending cinematics.

Loved the game. Can't wait for DLC.

Dries

Oh I read that Eidos are already working on a patch for the stuttering problem. Have they said how soon it will be released?

Lakitu

st5fu
Just on my second playthrough now. Really good going through it and actually noticing stuff I missed the first time around. Also, building my character differently this time around and trying more creative thinking. It's so good. I love this game.

pakkit

Banned
I went ahead and started a second playthrough, I'm going for Pacifist and Foxiest of Hounds on Give Me Deus Ex.

Immediately, the intro to this game is so impressive, even more so after completing the game. The amount of content Eidos squeezed into those first two hours of gameplay is pretty incredible, and the script is very strong.
It was a joy to hear pretty much every single character of importance get a callout. It really shows how structured this story is. If you explore the first room well enough, you can determine who Patient X is (even though it becomes mind numbingly obvious eventually) as well as hear TYM talking about the recall.
The game rewards those who scrutinize its plot, which is rare. I'm not saying the game doesn't have plot holes however, because it does.

It's also sad to compare the air tight design of the first mission to the last mission. By the end DE is fun because of the gadgets at your disposal, but the mission design and enemies really take a nosedive.

Still, Deus Ex is the best game I've played this year, and one of the best I've played all generation.

Top Bottom