• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

GhaleonEB

Endgame spoilers and questions.

I never fired a shot on the third boss - just plopped that turret down and lured him into it. Step around the corner and listen to him, "oh, ow, oh, ow, oh, ow" until he drops. Glorious.

After I beat the last boss, the last 'decision room' only had one button as an option, the middle one. I know I missed some stuff earlier, so after the credits, I went back through and found Sarif and Taggart. They both asked for a solution - will the other two buttons be active now?

I was surfing GAF during the credits and almost entirely missed the after credit bit, so I didn't understand it. Anything major?

And I LOLed at the stock footage used for the ending. Boss fights outsourced, along with the ending?

I'm just glad the last 'boss' wasn't in the same mold as the previous three.

Orcastar

GhaleonEB said:

After I beat the last boss, the last 'decision room' only had one button as an option, the middle one. I know I missed some stuff earlier, so after the credits, I went back through and found Sarif and Taggart. They both asked for a solution - will the other two buttons be active now?
Yes.

GhaleonEB said:
I was surfing GAF during the credits and almost entirely missed the after credit bit, so I didn't understand it. Anything major?
An appearance by Bob Page and pretty much confirmation that Adam is the "father" of the Dentons. Oh and you get a trophy/achievement for watching the scene.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
GhaleonEB said:

I never fired a shot on the third boss - just plopped that turret down and lured him into it. Step around the corner and listen to him, "oh, ow, oh, ow, oh, ow" until he drops. Glorious.

And I LOLed at the stock footage used for the ending. Boss fights outsourced, along with the ending?

You have 2 options by default. Not one.

AgentOtaku said:
You mean the comics?

You can buy them on Comixology and such. They're pretty good.

I'm not sure, I just looked on Amazon and it has Deus Ex the graphic novel available for pre-order. I don't have any info about it but I thought it might be a good read, it says that it follows Jensen as he attempts to rescue Sarif's niece (or something).

Zenith

Banned
ctrayne said:
Like the game. Not really a spoiler:
Megan is Sarif's niece.

What? No she isn't, the niece is just some random girl.

The comics are set just before you first go to Hong Kong and follow a crazy augmented ex-cop who worked with Jensen on the force.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
New ENB videos. 1, 2, and 3. First two are from the first mission (not the intro), and the last is Sarif HQ. They show off his SSAO, bloom, colour correction and reflection effects, but not shadows. He switches the filters on and off at points so you can see the difference.

He also made some funky pixellated filter, which you can see in motion here.

derFeef

EatChildren said:
New ENB videos. 1, 2, and 3. First two are from the first mission (not the intro), and the last is Sarif HQ. They show off his SSAO, bloom, colour correction and reflection effects, but not shadows. He switches the filters on and off at points so you can see the difference.

He also made some funky pixellated filter, which you can see in motion here.
Looks better in motion, pretty good actually. I don't like the lens-effects, though.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I hope he's doing it in DX11 because image-based reflections are one of DX11 features actually. It's used in Cryengine and UE DX11 modes.

Bumhead

Banned
Possibly really dumb question but, how do you even activate the Typhoon? I have a full energy bar and more than enough ammo, I just don't know what the physical input is to use it.

On PC by the way, Googling just brings up "right on the D-Pad" which is no use to me.

Wallach

Mat C said:
Possibly really dumb question but, how do you even activate the Typhoon? I have a full energy bar and more than enough ammo, I just don't know what the physical input is to use it.

On PC by the way, Googling just brings up "right on the D-Pad" which is no use to me.

Once you purchase it from the aug menu with Praxis, you need to hit one of the F keys on PC to use it (I don't know which one it defaults to, but you can just check the keybind menu to see which it is). You can reassign it to whatever you want.

Davidion

Mat C said:

Dude, check your keyboard settings in the control menu...

webrunner

Wallach said:
Once you purchase it from the aug menu with Praxis, you need to hit one of the F keys on PC to use it (I don't know which one it defaults to, but you can just check the keybind menu to see which it is). You can reassign it to whatever you want.

I really wish the "gamepad button" thing was a line in the PC version. It goes like,

f1
f4 f2
f3

1-4 in the order you purchase it.

Davidion

Mat C said:
Both of those answers make perfect sense.

Told you it was a stupid question. Cheers anyway.

There are no stupid questions, only not diligently checking every inch of the options category. lol

And while a cool concept and execution, I feel the Typhoon is kind of a weird cop-out weapon in the game anyhow. It reminds me of the "spinning kick" attacks in old beat'em ups.

Bumhead

Banned
Davidion said:
And while a cool concept and execution, I feel the Typhoon is kind of a weird cop-out weapon in the game anyhow. It reminds me of the "spinning kick" attacks in old beat'em ups.

That's the impression I get of it too. I've still not used the Typhoon yet as I've not had chance to return to the game since asking about it earlier, but the only reason I've asked is because I've just reached the first boss. After hearing so much about how cheap the bosses in this game are and about how the Typhoon is the best way to get by them as quickly as possible, I figure I'm going to use it..

Dibbz

I don't like how every floor is super reflective. Yeah sure inside sarif I get it because it would be polished but a warehouse should not be super shiny. Also there is way too much bloom.

enb-comp-1ee6u.gif

Just check out the plastic wrapping on the box on the right. It loses all it's details because of the overpowering white bloom.

I get that this is WIP but he's going a bit too far with some of this stuff. All Deus Ex needs it some good deep shadows and maybe a slight bump in contrast here and there.

Is anybody experiencing mouse lag when turning on V-Sync? I have tripple buffering forced through Nvidia control panel but when I have V-Sync on there's noticable mouse lag, however when I turn it off I'm getting what feels like 60+ FPS.

Running everything maxed on AMD 945 x4 3.2 gigz, 4 gigs ram, GTX 570

I had the same issue with Dead Island but I found a trainer called Dead Island Helper and it has the option to override in game mouse acceleration with my current PC option so when I enabled V-Sync through there the game gives me incredible FPS and I even turned up the shadows. Is there something similar to DE?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
GhaleonEB said:

1. Yes.
It's dialog of Megan taking a job with Bob Page, who is a key character in DX1.

Dibbz said:
Just check out the plastic wrapping on the box on the right. It loses all it's details because of the overpowering white bloom.

I get that this is WIP but he's going a bit too far with some of this stuff. All Deus Ex needs it some good deep shadows and maybe a slight bump in contrast here and there.

That's weird. The older shots looked like the bloom had been toned down from the default game. These look cranked up.

GhaleonEB

Des0lar said:
You have 2 options by default. Not one.
Only one button was up. I tried to select the other two. Is the other option made available by selecting and then declining the first? (It was like, 1:00am at the time. Mah brain doesn't work that well at that hour.)

ctrayne

Zenith said:
What? No she isn't, the niece is just some random girl.

The comics are set just before you first go to Hong Kong and follow a crazy augmented ex-cop who worked with Jensen on the force.
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/David_Sarif
"He was preparing for the augmentation debate in Washington when a black-ops team, the Tyrants, attacked the Sarif HQ in Detroit. The Tyrants killied several scientists, including Sarif's niece Megan Reed, and nearly killing the chief of security, Adam Jensen."
I'm pretty sure it says so in the strategy guide too. Will check later.

The comics probably don't follow the game verbatim.

ctrayne said:
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/David_Sarif
"He was preparing for the augmentation debate in Washington when a black-ops team, the Tyrants, attacked the Sarif HQ in Detroit. The Tyrants killied several scientists, including Sarif's niece Megan Reed, and nearly killing the chief of security, Adam Jensen."
I'm pretty sure it says so in the strategy guide too. Will check later.

The comics probably don't follow the game verbatim.
Weird, I never knew that. The game definitely doesn't make it obvious if it is true.

Davidion

GhaleonEB said:
Only one button was up. I tried to select the other two. Is the other option made available by selecting and then declining the first? (It was like, 1:00am at the time. Mah brain doesn't work that well at that hour.)

Did you look to your left when it was time to choose?

derFeef

DennisK4 said:
http://www.abload.de/img/enb-comp-2ccnz.gif
Love that one. But yeah, floor is a bit too shiny.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
That mod looks like crap, adding advanced effects for the hell of it.
SSAO adds a lot of depth and I like the contrast. But I already said it is sad that it's not DX11 and the reflections are a bit too much. Some lens-effects are also way too exaggerated.

Just beat the game, and I had a FANTASTIC time.

The end was kind of a disappointment. Especially leading up to the end. I found the animations pretty bad at times, the character models were ugly, and the voice acting was okay. After all of that, I gotta say this was a fun game and I'll probably replay it after a few months when all of the game releases slow down a bit.

GhaleonEB

Davidion said:
Did you look to your left when it was time to choose?
I thought so, but maybe I missed it. I was planning on taking the first option and then reloading from my saves to knock off the other endings. I'll do that tonight; I went back a few saves and found the two dudes to unlock their options, and will do the other three.

For my second run, I'm planning to do so on the hard setting, focusing on weapons I didn't touch last time around. I never used P.E.P.S, the laser or plasma rifles, the shotgun, the stun gun or the revolver. (My primary weapons were traq gun, sniper rifle and a buffed 10mm.) I'm still planning a mostly stealth run, with a mix of kills when I think they're needed (because I just gotta use that uber revolver, and the sniper rifle is satisfying).

I didn't look at the Achievement list until last night; it looks like I missed about four side quests I'll be sure to pick up on round 2 as well.

Just beat it. Great game, lost track of time playing it. The ending was not very satisfying

Voice work stock footage? COME ONE

Can anyone say which ending is cannon?

garath

Fahrenheit said:
Just beat it. Great game, lost track of time playing it. The ending was not very satisfying

I would guess blowing yourself up. It's the only unique response from the AI.

Fahrenheit said:

If any ending other than
the suicide choice or the Darrow ending
is canon than I will be extremely disappointed.

Korigama

subversus said:
Not sure why I need a source, unless the developers have come out and said one of them is official already? If I've missed such news and they have, you're free to correct me. Personally, though, I'd be pissed if that lame
self-destruct
ending were to ever be confirmed as what actually happened.

Top Bottom