• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

XeroSauce

Radec said:
Hey how many endings does this game has?

And what mission/s affects the ending of the game?

thanks,.
I believe there is 4, and you only affect the ending by choosing one of the 4 at the end. I haven't beaten the game yet but that's what I've picked up.

Ken

Radec said:
Hey how many endings does this game has?

And what mission/s affects the ending of the game?

thanks,.

4. You're given 2 by default I think. In the last 20-30 minutes of the game, you'll have a few optional objectives that by completing opens up the other 2.

Radec

Ken said:
4. You're given 2 by default I think. In the last 20-30 minutes of the game, you'll have a few optional objectives that by completing opens up the other 2.

If you don't mind, what mission is that? I'm planning to save on that mission then load it after finishing to see the rest.

:D

Zaptruder

Banned
XeroSauce said:
I carried around a sniper rifle for a good part of the game, and it shone during that part.

I didn't even realize
you were supposed to save her. When she told me to run I said "Screw that, I finally get to use this gun!" and then I realized that I actually saved her after hearing that you guys didn't.

It's even more fun when you're doing a passive achievement.

Shoot a couple with tranqs, run upto some and blast them with the stun gun. Invis cloak and take out the heavies with your punches. Then jump up a couple levels and put the smack down on the snipers.

Glorious fun.

Ken

Radec said:
If you don't mind, what mission is that? I'm planning to save on that mission then load it after finishing to see the rest.

:D
End game story spoilers

On the way to fight the last boss, two major characters ask you to meet with them. Meeting with allows their ending to unlock. At the very last moments of the game, you'll be asked to choose one of the 4 endings. I'm not sure but you can probably save at that point and just reload for all 4 endings.

Ken said:
End game story spoilers

On the way to fight the last boss, two major characters ask you to meet with them. Meeting with allows their ending to unlock. At the very last moments of the game, you'll be asked to choose one of the 4 endings. I'm not sure but you can probably save at that point and just reload for all 4 endings.

You can.

Turfster said:
If it explodes and kills someone, you're screwed for Pacifist, sorry.
So basically... drag the unconscious guy awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay really really quickly.
Wait really? I EMPd that robot and the guard closest to it died from the explosion but I still got the achievement. I thought it was fine since I read on another forum that it wouldn't count. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Meisadragon said:
Eidos Montreal seems to have outsourced the boss fights according to this Behind the Scenes video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9YbSkOW7sU
This should not have been upload Eidos, for shame. Strange choice indeed.

Finished it this weekend, what a great game and truly the sequel us fans of the original game wanted :D

Chose the
illuminati
ending as i thought that was the most logical choice. Played through on hard and pretty much stealthed all the way and only killed when it was necessary :D

Only nitpicking comes from stupid AI and pretty bad voice acting on some parts. Also the character models, especially on NPCs were pretty rubbish. Didn't know women could look so ugly this day and age ;D

Is my game bugged? (PS3 version)

I'm in china for the second time and am doing the mission where you are tracking down the super augmented dudes. I got to the back of the butcher shop and found the body. I then read the Pocket Device and now have no indication of where i'm supposed to go next. The mission objective actually reads as "Read the pocket thingy to find out where to go next!"
It mentions the sewers and I went down there. I found nothing at all though. Just a bunch of harvesters dudes to knock out

Any help?

Nymerio

Yeah it was bugged for me too (PC). You can finish the mission without reading the secretary, just enter the sewers near the Alice Garden Pods.

iNvid02

is this new or old? the official site is giving away free shit

Urwb3gq9IqtMgCF07x1H.jpg

Zenith

Banned
Nymerio said:
Yeah it was bugged for me too (PC). You can finish the mission without reading the secretary, just enter the sewers near the Alice Garden Pods.

How did people handle that quest? I let them go after I realised they were doing the exact same thing I was and I couldn't exactly say "you can't single-handedly kill evil powerful dudes outside the law" when that's exactly what my plan was.

Zenith said:
How did people handle that quest? I let them go after I realised they were doing the exact same thing I was and I couldn't exactly say "you can't single-handedly kill evil powerful dudes outside the law" when that's exactly what my plan was.
I also decided to let them go. The guy seemed a little crazy but it was in a kind of "chaotic good" way.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Nymerio said:
It's not really bugged. You have to find it on your own. But I thought it was stupid, because the sewers are pretty easy to miss.

Turfster

reptilescorpio said:
Wait really? I EMPd that robot and the guard closest to it died from the explosion but I still got the achievement. I thought it was fine since I read on another forum that it wouldn't count. I'll keep that in mind from now on.
Bot-explosions don't register as a kill every time it seems, but they usually do.
Better safe than sorry.

Nymerio

Zenith said:

I let him go too, he seemed like a nice guy.

Ken said:
Level up hacking early on (Hacking Level 1-3 or 4 and Stealth). You'll end up having more PRAXIS points than you need so there's no strict builds you need to follow to beat the game. You can hack multiple nodes at the same time. Hacking the red enemy nodes automatically captures everything.

An upgraded pistol with armor piercing rounds dominates everything.

Only your first cell automatically recharges when depleted.
Ah cool, nice tips! Thanks! So it seems like go for the red enemy node every time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nymerio said:

The quest was bugged for me on both runs i did too on that part, but on my 2nd run when i ran to them, they started shooting before i could even talk to the guy. I wonder if it was because my gun was out, or because they knew i killed every Hangsha citizens in the streets. Who knows. :D

Kinyou

Darknessbear said:
Ah cool, nice tips! Thanks! So it seems like go for the red enemy node every time.
70% of the time are the red nodes only connected with a one-way line, so it's not always an option.

Marco1 said:
I have found a copy for 360 cheap.
How is the performance? Is there many framerate drops?
Thanks.

Only issue are the long loading times for me (even when installed). I have not noticed any framedrops or other technical hickups.

MaddenNFL64

Zenith said:

First game, let em go. Pacifist game, I did a bit of roleplayin', I tried to reason with them, and then knocked 'em out. Kinda weird how the game acted like I murdered them though when I turned in the quest.

Turfster

MaddenNFL64 said:
First game, let em go. Pacifist game, I did a bit of roleplayin', I tried to reason with them, and then knocked 'em out. Kinda weird how the game acted like I murdered them though when I turned in the quest.
You knocked them out and left them lying in the sewer, you monster! =p

AgentOtaku said:

I'm in china for the second time and am doing the mission where you are tracking down the super augmented dudes. I got to the back of the butcher shop and found the body. I then read the Pocket Device and now have no indication of where i'm supposed to go next. The mission objective actually reads as "Read the pocket thingy to find out where to go next!"
It mentions the sewers and I went down there. I found nothing at all though. Just a bunch of harvesters dudes to knock out

Any help?

this happened to me... I don't know why.. maybe it's because I went after this side-quest after the main quest

Where is the cutscene where Jenson is sitting in his apartment drinking scotch and breaking the glass? It was in one of the trailers prior to release.

AgentOtaku said:

Any help?

Same exact thing happened to me, had to go back to an earlier save. I think it happens because of being on the certain stage of a different quest that is in the same sewers area but that is just a guess.

Solideliquid said:
Where is the cutscene where Jenson is sitting in his apartment drinking scotch and breaking the glass? It was in one of the trailers prior to release.

Not there, although a lot of things in the trailer didn't actually happen in-game. If you watch the trailer again, he get's attacked by the merc that badly injures him out of nowhere as he's walking along chatting to Megan, not during an attack on the lab. I think the smashed mirror in his apartment is a homage of sorts to that scene in the trailer.

webrunner

AgentOtaku said:

Any help?

Head to
the sewer entrance, iirc, under where the pod hotel is
, it should continue once you do what you need to do there.

Ok just finished my first play through on normal. Got my 'no kills' and 'no alarms' achievements playing on the 360. I'll do a 2nd play through with a combat approach on hard, compared to my uber-stealth first time play, but I think the stealth style of play worked very well, I felt like a bad ass even if I was reloading and saving my game the whole time.

Got to say I loved the game, but as others have said the boss fights were jarring, they didn't fit properly, although I found them all very easy, just used grenades and mines and it all ended in a matter of seconds.

The biggest problems I had would be that some of the upgrades are fairly pointless and can just be avoided all together, and that you also get way too many praxis points. By the end of the game I was only missing 3 augmentations, so I wasn't forced to choose a specific tree, and it didn't feel like I was having to make a hard decision.

Also the story - WTF. I played both Deus Ex and Invisible War, although I don't think I finished either, I was fairly young at the time, but in any case I thought the story was terrible - maybe it looks better when linked in with the other games? The bad guys (aka the bosses you fight) have no character development at all, and the actual plot is awful. As soon as the word 'illuminati' was mentioned, I just rolled my eyes, it looked very promising from the start of the game, but just descended into such dross by the end. That was probably my biggest disappointment.

Anyway, would like to see another game made, with a better story and boss fights - perhaps a remake of the original with the new HR playstyle as well. All in all, very good.

Replicant

Zenith said:
Let him go. I agree with his sentiment. Plus, that Chinese doctor giving you the mission looks skeezy and works for Tai Yong Medical anyway. Not exactly trustworthy group to hedge your bet in.

SHAZOOM

Ken said:
Level up hacking early on (Hacking Level 1-3 or 4 and Stealth). You'll end up having more PRAXIS points than you need so there's no strict builds you need to follow to beat the game. You can hack multiple nodes at the same time. Hacking the red enemy nodes automatically captures everything.

An upgraded pistol with armor piercing rounds dominates everything.

Only your first cell automatically recharges when depleted.

You know, I wouldn't even bother with stealth hacking. Adding it to fortify actual adds more time with each fortification of each node/folder, so even if you get a backtrack by the stack, you'll end up with 30-25 secs of hacking time.

Really the only useless Augs are the STEALTH augs that added vision cones and what not. (at least for me.) Maybe CASIE too, if only because I like getting SILVER TONGUE bonus XP.

And partially used battery cells will recharge. So if you have just a tiny bit of energy in the other cell, it will regen.

SHAZOOM

MaddenNFL64 said:

Its funny, I just snuck up on them at tossed some gas mines without realizing you could talks things out.

Korigama

SHAZOOM said:
Really the only useless Augs are the STEALTH augs that added vision cones and what not. (at least for me.) Maybe CASIE too, if only because I like getting SILVER TONGUE bonus XP.

You get the Silver Tongue bonus whether you use pheromones or not (as long as you win the conversation). As it stands, CASIE is still useful for minor discussions that let you get additional information from sidequests that you wouldn't be able to otherwise, not just for a win button or guidelines for major social battles.

-Winnie-

Deadly Cyclone said:
Thanks! Long game... I swear I have played for like 15 hours already at least.

That's about right, I think most people finish within 25-30 hours.
I was pleasantly surprsied by the length as well, seeing as I finished Deus Ex 1 in about 12 hours or so.

Hellcrow

tea_and_crumpets said:
Also the story - WTF. I played both Deus Ex and Invisible War, although I don't think I finished either, I was fairly young at the time, but in any case I thought the story was terrible - maybe it looks better when linked in with the other games? The bad guys (aka the bosses you fight) have no character development at all, and the actual plot is awful. As soon as the word 'illuminati' was mentioned, I just rolled my eyes, it looked very promising from the start of the game, but just descended into such dross by the end. That was probably my biggest disappointment..

How can you roll your eyes when the illuminati is mentioned if you've played the original Deus Ex? But yes, the story did lack a lot of character development, but the plot was OK.

Top Bottom