• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

CaLe said:
Yeah, pretty shitty "review" of two paragraphs.

It's a newspaper. Most tend not give any inches to videogame coverage. In any case, the writer had a problem with the hacking. I really loved the hacking, it's one of the best implementations in any game. I'm looking at you Bioshock. fucking pipe dream...
Pipe.jpg

1803256-dxhr5_win7_2011_06_05_10_31_26_10_super.jpg

much better

My hype for this game is building again... it's going to be cool to have a new game to play, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it again now, it's starting to stick to me again now.

Excite.

Kyon said:
so are the gamestop bonus mission+items pre order only?
At first, I was wondering this too, then I saw on the product page the lines below and I remembered that this is a Square-Enix published title. If it's anything like Just Cause 2, then the code flier should be packaged inside all of the first-run copies sent to GameStop, not just the pre-orders.

Store Customers/In-Store Pick-up: A code with instructions on how to download your weapons and mission will come packaged inside your game.

phillax

Banned
Zero-Crescent said:
At first, I was wondering this too, then I saw on the product page the lines below and I remembered that this is a Square-Enix published title. If it's anything like Just Cause 2, then the code flier should be packaged inside all of the first-run copies sent to GameStop, not just the pre-orders.
so what your saying is to go Gamestop on or a few days after the release date of the game and check the display cases for a code flier to steal? Genius!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
phillax said:
so what your saying is to go Gamestop on or a few days after the release date of the game and check the display cases for a code flier to steal? Genius!
They put those in the sleeves behind the counter

phillax said:
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just reassuring people who didn't get a pre-order in before the cut-off date that even though they didn't pre-order, they can still get the bonus by buying one of the first-run copies.

AEREC

Just finished Deus Ex and went with:

Tracer Tongs Blackout Ending

It was a great game even all these years later and I was even playing it without nostalgia goggles on. But I gotta say I dont see the appeal in multiple endings...because you know only one can be the real ending...I mean how does IW start off, it's a sequel isnt it? I guess Ill just find out for myself since I have IW in steam as well.

Anyways Im ready for HR now and hopefully it has plenty of pre-references to Deus Ex.

AEREC said:
Just finished Deus Ex and went with:

Tracer Tongs Blackout Ending

It was a great game even all these years later and I was even playing it without nostalgia goggles on. But I gotta say I dont see the appeal in multiple endings...because you know only one can be the real ending...I mean how does IW start off, it's a sequel isnt it? I guess Ill just find out for myself since I have IW in steam as well.

Anyways Im ready for HR now and hopefully it has plenty of pre-references to Deus Ex.

That was one of the few clever things about IW. They picked a "canon" choice, while still making all three endings happen to a certain extent. It kinda deflates the "main" choice, but it's a sharp trick.

JC chose to merge with Helios (which is probably the most thematically appropriate ending for a game called Deus Ex), but his nanites aren't of the quality capable of interfacing with the entire net. He almost dies, but is put into cryogenic suspension by Paul (who's alive, regardless of whether he died in DX1) and Tong. But because he's merged with Helios, this knocks out the net and causes the Collapse (which is essentially the Tong blackout ending). While JC is in suspension and Paul and Tong are trying to research a way to fix him, the Illuminati use the global economic and social collapse to move back in and ensure that the reigning organizations Post-Collapse will be Illuminati-run (thus, the Illuminati ending).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
phillax said:
Sometimes they forget, like the Gamestop around my home.
Why are people still buying from Gamestop?

EmCeeGramr said:
That was one of the few clever things about IW. They picked a "canon" choice, while still making all three endings happen to a certain extent. It kinda deflates the "main" choice, but it's a sharp trick.
[/spoiler]

That wasn't good, it was terrible. They should have just picked one and had it happen, instead of picking one, then making it so that something entirely different happened. The Illuminati ending probably would have been the best to roll with, although the Luddite ending could have worked for a sequel too.

Amagon

So which version should I get, 360 or PS3?? Wouldn't mind getting the PC version but I'm running on a netbook unfortunately. :(

Skirn

THE NO LIFE KING said:
So which version should I get, 360 or PS3?? Wouldn't mind getting the PC version but I'm running on a netbook unfortunately. :(
There've been no comparisons yet, or none that I know of, so hard for us to say. Maybe try checking out a few HD videos on YouTube and compare them?

Will the PC version support the Xbox 360 Controller? I want to play this on my HDTV + Comfy Couch™

EDIT: GameStop (Sweden) can have some pretty nice deals at times. I got DE:HR Augmented Edition for the PC basically for free when I traded in L.A. Noire.

ctrayne

wutwutwut said:
Yes. You apparently even get the console UI once you switch to it.
This is true. You can plug in the control pad and as soon as you start using it, the button prompts and menu styles change on the fly. Pretty cool.

Kyon

Banned
Zero-Crescent said:

ok thanks cause it didnt clarify if it was gamestop exclusive or not so i was kind of worried

EmCeeGramr said:

JC chose to merge with Helios (which is probably the most thematically appropriate ending for a game called Deus Ex), but his nanites aren't of the quality capable of interfacing with the entire net. He almost dies, but is put into cryogenic suspension by Paul (who's alive, regardless of whether he died in DX1) and Tong. But because he's merged with Helios, this knocks out the net and causes the Collapse (which is essentially the Tong blackout ending). While JC is in suspension and Paul and Tong are trying to research a way to fix him, the Illuminati use the global economic and social collapse to move back in and ensure that the reigning organizations Post-Collapse will be Illuminati-run (thus, the Illuminati ending).

Personally,
that never sat well with me. I didn't like the fact that they essentially shoehorned all three endings into IW. I wish they would have just stuck with the Helios ending particularly...

Balehead

Just remembered I got this from GMG, downloading at 11,3 Mb/s just to wait days for it to actually unlock. Kinda hoped I'd remember on the actual release date.

Top Bottom