• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

wilflare

TheNiX said:
2 days 0 hours

trollface.jpg

sadness.. :(

dxsteam.jpg

found this on the GMG forums

Too much on the 23rd.

Sequel to the game of the forever
Street Fighter 3 HD
and I gotta go to a party that night. Fuuuu, just leave me alone with my games

demolitio

Discotheque said:
Too much on the 23rd.

Sequel to the game of the forever
Street Fighter 3 HD
and I gotta go to a party that night. Fuuuu, just leave me alone with my games
I don't know...To me, you look a little bit under the weather on the 23rd. They'll understand!

wilflare said:
hmm do you have time to play though? ^^
Come on now. Anyone can make time to play if a game's that good that it gets you hooked. This...is one of those games. :D

The only thing I have to compete with is doctor's appointments and physical therapy. I just hope I don't beat it too soon when I get just because I have a lot of time to play. My biggest regret with Arkham Asylum was beating it in a few days and making the magic end. Hell, I even tried to stretch it out which is why it lasted a few days.

Hopefully Best Buy has a deal on this soon since I got $25 in RZ certificates that are expiring soon. Other then that, hopefully my Dualshock sells on CL. I'm sure there's someone out there that just threw their controller at the TV and broke it so they're looking for a cheap one, lol.

Ken

Zero-Crescent said:
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just reassuring people who didn't get a pre-order in before the cut-off date that even though they didn't pre-order, they can still get the bonus by buying one of the first-run copies.

Cool. Guess I'll just walk in to GS on Tuesday and pick up a copy.

demolitio

This is a game I wish had mod support. Nothing is better than extending the life of a game by having plenty of custom missions and campaigns to play after you beat the game a few times. The gameplay is so unique that the custom missions could be awesome with plenty of alternate routes to support your playstyle while also having some missions that cater solely to your style of play like stealth missions.

wilflare

demolitio said:
I don't know...To me, you look a little bit under the weather on the 23rd. They'll understand!

Come on now. Anyone can make time to play if a game's that good that it gets you hooked. This...is one of those games. :D

The only thing I have to compete with is doctor's appointments and physical therapy. I just hope I don't beat it too soon when I get just because I have a lot of time to play. My biggest regret with Arkham Asylum was beating it in a few days and making the magic end. Hell, I even tried to stretch it out which is why it lasted a few days.

Hopefully Best Buy has a deal on this soon since I got $25 in RZ certificates that are expiring soon. Other then that, hopefully my Dualshock sells on CL. I'm sure there's someone out there that just threw their controller at the TV and broke it so they're looking for a cheap one, lol.

get it on the PC! use that $25 RZ certs on a new Dualshock
download Motioninjoy to use your Dualshock on your PC to play this game :D

DONE

demolitio

wilflare said:
get it on the PC! use that $25 RZ certs on a new Dualshock
download Motioninjoy to use your Dualshock on your PC to play this game :D

DONE
No, I don't need a new DS3 but was trying to sell an extra one I had, good plan otherwise though. I do use my DS3 on PC quite often which is where the extra came in handy though. If I sell the extra and then use the RZ certificates, I should be able to pull it off I hope.

I use bartering for my games now. It just isn't working as much since I ran out of bartering goods...lmao

Have they mentioned anything about DLC for this game by any chance? I just thought of that when I was talking about mod support. This could be a good game to add shit to.

Lakitu

st5fu
TheLegendOfMart said:
Pretty bad, framerate is choppy and you get pretty harsh framerate dips in places.

This doesn't sound promising. My laptop isn't powerful enough... it's between the 360 and the PS3. And since the PS3 is mostly used by my brother, it has to be 360.

NBtoaster

Tacitus_ said:
If you want to wave your dick about the graphics, the PC wins hands down.

Everyone knows that, but people are interested in the difference between PS3 and 360.

Aside from contrast difference, they look extremely similar. Looks like this one will come down to the framerate.

BeeDog

The console versions look similar in stills aside from the typical contrast difference. I'll wait for the DF analysis though.

demolitio

To me, the PS3 version looks a little too bright at times while the high contrast of the 360 makes it look a little dark at times so it's a tossup really. That picture of the mat on the second page looked better on PS3 although some people say there's more aliasing so I'm not sure.

Everyone should be happy regardless of what version they get since they all look good. Having a decent PC is so nice at times though.

DrBo42

DennisK4 said:
PS3 wins hands down.
We must be looking at completely different screenshots.

360 version seems to have better anti-aliasing and the PS3 version as always has blown out whites. Glad I have a decent PC and don't have to deal with it.

angular graphics said:
Posted?

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-deus-ex-human-revolution-screenshot-comparison/

edit better contrast (IMO) on the 360, and that's about the only difference I could see. They look virtually identical I think, but then again, the screenshots are pretty small.

edit oh there's a second page as well, lol. PS3 has more aliasing.

Are they going to do a proper head2head analysing framerate etc.

Are these screens from the retail copies or from old builds?

syoaran

Hank The Tank said:
Wow, just wow... I heard that the game had bad boss fights but one in particular is atrocious.

About as awesome as the bosses in Deus Ex 1 from what we have seen.
so not that awesome,
but in all fairness - no FPS game I can remember had very good bosses. and Deus Ex has huge amounts of greatness elsewhere.

angular graphics said:
Definitely from retail I'd say. For a more proper comparison ( including the PC version ;) ) I would wait for DF's analysis.

Yeah, but will that be out before the release in Europe?

Still waiting to preorder the AUG edition based on which console version is better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
syoaran said:
About as awesome as the bosses in Deus Ex 1 from what we have seen.
so not that awesome,
but in all fairness - no FPS game I can remember had very good bosses. and Deus Ex has huge amounts of greatness elsewhere.
Bulletstorm had some decent bosse

NBtoaster

supersaw said:
Seriously, I don't understand the purpose of this regional cockteasing. With physical copies you could use the excuse of shipping times but this is just cruel.

Probably has to be consistent with retail and console releases.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
supersaw said:
Seriously, I don't understand the purpose of this regional cockteasing. With physical copies you could use the excuse of shipping times but this is just cruel.

Hey atleast the we're in the time span of 23-48h nowadays. Instead of years like in the olden days.

MNC

zoner said:
I don't like Jensen's voice, but it sounds as terrible as Snake's did to me, and people apparently loved his voice.
I think Jensen is also Gat from Zeno Clash, though I'm not sure.

Also the newscaster voice actress is cute.

supersaw

Corky said:
Hey atleast the we're in the time span of 23-48h nowadays. Instead of years like in the olden days.

I thought all the continents were already discovered when this video game thing took off.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I feel time is crawling very slowly during the wait for Human Revolution coming out on Friday - Late UK release date sucks - and this is very rare for a game to make me have this big desire to play it as soon as possible. The last games for me having this same feeling was the wait with Resident Evil 4 and Half Life 2: Episode Two but this is more worst!

syoaran

ZombieFred said:
Damn I feel time is crawling very slowly during the wait for Human Revolution coming out on Friday - Late UK release date sucks - and this is very rare for a game to make me have this big desire to play it as soon as possible. The last games for me having this same feeling was the wait with Resident Evil 4 and Half Life 2: Episode Two but this is more worst!

I feel the same way, but at least it gives a solid weekend to clock the game, which I really look forward to.

Top Bottom