• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
syoaran said:
I feel the same way, but at least it gives a solid weekend to clock the game, which I really look forward to.

Sadly I wont get much time to play it on that weekend because it's my partners birthday on the Saturday and then her Grandmas on the Sunday so it'll be a busy weekend and wont have much time to play it on those two days. I never asked for this.

Effect

Finally got my pre-load done via Impulse. Only took most of yesterday and all last night but it's done. :) Can't wait. Tuesday is going to be a slow work day as I wait to get home to play this.

EagleEyes said:
What have you heard? It seemed fine from the videos we've seen so far.

All the gameplay videos I have seen looked solid to me..no reviews have mentioned it at all the only place I heard of framerate issues was on the last page some junior said it was bad.

TheLegendOfMart said:
Pretty bad, framerate is choppy and you get pretty harsh framerate dips in places.

Is it worse than Crysis 2 framerate on 360?

I need to play this game on console! But i can't stand a choppy framerate...:(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
angular graphics said:
Posted?

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-deus-ex-human-revolution-screenshot-comparison/

edit better contrast (IMO) on the 360, and that's about the only difference I could see. They look virtually identical I think, but then again, the screenshots are pretty small.

edit oh there's a second page as well, lol. PS3 has more aliasing.
Lens of truth comparisons always drive me nuts since they always refuse to adjust the contrast sliders which always makes the PS3 versions look more washed out or the 360 versions look too dark.

Game looks identical outside of the contrast differences.

ironcreed

Banned
I watched part of a 360 play through last night. Game seemed to run fine from what I saw. I have the PS3 version pre-ordered and all of the developer walk throughs with that version looked fine to me as well. A few framerate dips here and there have never been something to ruin an otherwise great game for me. I'll be more than happy, I'm sure.

GANGSTERKILLER said:
This is especially for Angelus Errare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0O1pnRf-KM

ieki3R09l.gif

Teknoman

syoaran said:
About as awesome as the bosses in Deus Ex 1 from what we have seen.
so not that awesome,
but in all fairness - no FPS game I can remember had very good bosses. and Deus Ex has huge amounts of greatness elsewhere.

Turok 1 and Return to Castle wolfenstein had some alright fights. It would be nice to get some better boss battles in first person games though...stuff that plays to the game's specific strengths.

I've seen alot of posts about controllers...is a gamepad going to be the ideal way to play?

.la1n

As someone who has played the final code for 360 / PS3 I can assure you I found no noticeable frame rate issues, we can all put away the pitchforks.

dmshaposv

I can see the mgs2 comparisons - the games main visual motif is a hexagon (representing ideas/themes relating to augmentation and DNA restructuring)

GANGSTERKILLER said:
New video from the PS3 version, looks good to me! This game reminds me of MGS 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_1DzIZ-_Q&feature=player_embedded

Hmm, with those screenshots from LoT and this video, I'm thinking I might switch over to the PS3 version. I barely play my 360 anymore anyway.

Also, just finished Icarus Effect ten minutes ago. Can't say it'll be in my top five books ever list, but I'm glad I finished it before Tuesday. It really helped set the world up for me.

Wessiej

.la1n said:
As someone who has played the final code for 360 / PS3 I can assure you I found no noticeable frame rate issues, we can all put away the pitchforks.
I noticed many frame drops in the PS3-version.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
BadTaste105 said:
2:09 someones been playing too much black ops.

I felt bad for the devs xD, they tried to create a non-intrusive-player is still in control mini cutscene and the dude sprays 2 magazines worth of ammo on the glass and turns away before the "cutscene" was over.

.la1n said:
Cant have played the 360 version very far in because im getting loads of framerate drops in both cutscenes and while playing.

legbone

ps3 version looks identical to the 360 version to me barring the normal contrast/gamma differences. happy that i dont have to change my preorder. yay. hopefully shooting is not on r2 and all will be fine.

TheLegendOfMart said:
Cant have played the 360 version very far in because im getting loads of framerate drops in both cutscenes and while playing.

If this is the case I may switch to the PS3 version. I hate this guessing game.

edit: PS3 can anyone confirm what button is shoot? and can you switch it?

.la1n

TheLegendOfMart said:

Perhaps I am not overly sensitive but I highly doubt anyone is going to find room to complain on 360 or PS3. Obviously PC is the better choice but if it's between consoles get the one you feel most comfortable with (controller, community, etc.) Does the game run perfectly? No. Does the game run well enough that if a console if your only choice you can still find satisfaction in the experience? YES.

End of discussion. I cannot vouch for what code these people are playing. I have only played final code FROM THE DEVELOPER. I cannot give you an opinion on any code that was obtained through other means.

Wessiej

JetBlackPanda said:
If this is the case I may switch to the PS3 version. I hate this guessing game.

edit: PS3 can anyone confirm what button is shoot? and can you switch it?
R1, didn't check if you can switch it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
legbone said:
ps3 version looks identical to the 360 version to me barring the normal contrast/gamma differences. happy that i dont have to change my preorder. yay. hopefully shooting is not on r2 and all will be fine.
Only differences i noticed outside of contrast is in two pics there was red lighting on the 360 where there wasnt any on the ps3 for some areas, and on the 360 the shadows seem to have smoother aliasing.

bob page

Damn it! I have no idea which version to get still... that article didn't help me one bit.

Also, I love Jensen's voice. It's soothing yet haunting at the same time.

About reviews: I'm assuming it'll average around 85% with a very large cult following.

eshwaaz

ironcreed said:
I love the music and the overall ambiance. It just seems to have that... feeling. If you know what I am saying, lol.
I know exactly what you're saying. The powerful, believable sense of place is what draws me to this game the most.

Top Bottom