• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Labadal

About the Missing Link: Does nothing in the main game have any effect on this DLC? And when you say it's stand alone, does this mean I don't even need the main game?

ctrayne

About the Missing Link: Does nothing in the main game have any effect on this DLC? And when you say it's stand alone, does this mean I don't even need the main game?

Missing Link is run from a separate exe. Nothing carries over to the main game. You do need the main game, though.

It also comes highly recommended from me if you like sneaking around.

Labadal

Missing Link is run from a separate exe. Nothing carries over to the main game. You do need the main game, though.

It also comes highly recommended from me if you like sneaking around.

I love sneaking (got foxiest and pacifist)., unfortunately I have the PS3 version of DE:HR. Will have to wait for a PSN sale. (foxiest, pacifist).

Really great game, but I guess everyone knows this already by now :p
Though my experience was slightly diminished by them not including some of the scenes from the awesome cinematic trailer.

Oh and the game cheated me on the Foxiest trophy. Basically I played the game like a MGS title, not for the trophy but for my fun/playstyle. Still, feels bad man, FU for not including a stat menu :(

The game activated some of my gaming OCDs :D Basically I had to check everything. Sneak past guards to target location -> then turn around and stealth-takedown every enemy, uncover every path leading to the target, hack every device and collect every item available. Also move every movable object in case something is behind it. Took me ages to finish the game :p

Really great game, but I guess everyone knows this already by now :p
Though my experience was slightly diminished by them not including some of the scenes from the awesome cinematic trailer.

Oh and the game cheated me on the Foxiest trophy. Basically I played the game like a MGS title, not for the trophy but for my fun/playstyle. Still, feels bad man, FU for not including a stat menu :(

The game activated some of my gaming OCDs :D Basically I had to check everything. Sneak past guards to target location -> then turn around and stealth-takedown every enemy, hack every device and collect every item available. Also move every movable object in case something is behind it. Took me ages to finish the game :p

Yeah, this really triggered my natural urge to collect everything and horde stuff in case I need it. I had at least 50 stop and nuke viruses by the end of the game, a lot of painkillers, hypostims and energy bars I didn't use and a lot of grenades and ammo too.

hoverX

LTTP on this but loving it. I actually purchased it when it first came out but haven't had a chance to really play it until this week.

Arklite

LTTP on this but loving it. I actually purchased it when it first came out but haven't had a chance to really play it until this week.

Nice. Make sure you have some lethal weapon options in your inventory for boss fights. Sounds obvious but people had issues.

REV 09

I got the game for $20 at amazon, but I'm having a really tough time getting into it. It reminds me of metal gear, which i also don't care for. I'll play some more but I'm not sure that I'll see it all the way through.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I took the upgraded chip in China. I knew i shouldn't have. Even when i was doing it i thought 'this is going to bite me in the arse' but i did it anyway.

Fuck this boss (and the rest of them, worst parts of the game by far).

Labadal

I took the upgraded chip in China. I knew i shouldn't have. Even when i was doing it i thought 'this is going to bite me in the arse' but i did it anyway.

I was stuck at this boss because I upgraded the chip like you did. I died 3-4 times before I decided to do something crazy: I brought a turret with me. I lured him to it. It killed him in 5 seconds.

imotep

Neo Member

The boss fights are pretty bad but on the bright side they are relatively easy, and if you still have trouble you can cheese them pretty easily.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I was stuck at this boss because I upgraded the chip like you did. I died 3-4 times before I decided to do something crazy: I brought a turret with me. I lured him to it. It killed him in 5 seconds.

That's what im doing atm, asshole uses an emp grenade every time.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Easy mode in spoiler.

Catch him as he is coming over the wall towards you and you can just knock him out. Normal knockouts are fatal for him lol.

I tried that and it never worked. Anyway,
i managed to get by him. 3 Grenades killed him before he even got to jump over the first wall.

oktarb

Well you can't say you didn't get what you asked for. All the Boss fights are lame. I used the laser on him and he barely moved. I lucked out, took the glitch and moved on.

So, today I just started the game, wanted to finish the first mission smoothly like a badass ninja, but I failed again and again at doing so. So I assume I have to heavily improve my character first before I can start to play the game in Metal Gear Solid style? Because no matter how many different ways I tried to progress in the first mission, it always ended up in me being spotted followed by a (kinda bad) shootout between my 9mm (with 12 rounds oO) against the heavily armored bad guys with MPs.

So, today I just started the game, wanted to finish the first mission smoothly like a badass ninja, but I failed again and again at doing so. So I assume I have to heavily improve my character first before I can start to play the game in Metal Gear Solid style? Because no matter how many different ways I tried to progress in the first mission, it always ended up in me being spotted followed by a (kinda bad) shootout between my 9mm (with 12 rounds oO) against the heavily armored bad guys with MPs.

Not at all. I got through the first mission without setting off any alarms or making any enemies hostile (with a little saving/reloading). Where exactly are you going wrong?

bestami

Playing this at the moment. Loving this game but i have to admit this wasn't what i expected. This game feels like a MGS/Splinter cell kind of game more than an rpg to me. Augs feels like a bonus rather than a necessity so i could just play as stealth or a shooter without committing to anything. Also i don't feel like i am making choices that matters which i don't really mind but i'm only 25 hours in so who knows.

I don't want to sound like i'm dumping on this game as i'm enjoying this more than anyother so-called rpgs. Just wanted to drop my opinion on this. I love this game so far and reminded me of alpha protocol which is another game that i love.

Where do I find the Augmented Edition features on my computer?

If you're using Steam, choose the "Tools" option in the Library. It should be listed there. You can click it an the folder should open. Here's where it was on my computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\AugmentedEditionContent

Beating him with the upgraded chip was the only thing I liked about that fight...kind of glad I got it. It was satisfying to kill him without any augs. The only satisfying thing about that fight, though...

Is there a place where I can buy ammo? I've got tons of guns but can't fucking shoot them. I'm still in Detroit.

There's a vendor somewhere. Also, you need to be conservative with the ammo...it's pretty sparse. But if you buy a bunch from the vendors, and make sure you explore a lot (which you should do anyway) you'll stumble upon enough ammo.

If you're using Steam, choose the "Tools" option in the Library. It should be listed there. You can click it an the folder should open. Here's where it was on my computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\deus ex - human revolution\AugmentedEditionContent
Thanks. I did not know that was where bonus content was stored.

BTW, how the hell do I get past the
FEMA internment camp
? I'm in an area (the one where
the announcer tells everyone to evacuate
with more soldiers than I've ever seen before and I can't take down any of them without being spotted. I could only kill one sniper until 4 soldiers (!) surrounded me.

Thanks. I did not know that was where bonus content was stored.

BTW, how the hell do I get past the
FEMA internment camp
? I'm in an area (the one where
the announcer tells everyone to evacuate
with more soldiers than I've ever seen before and I can't take down any of them without being spotted. I could only kill one sniper until 4 soldiers (!) surrounded me.

I don't remember that section too well, but there's a lot of parts like that in the game. The trick (if you're not going for a Rambo playthrough) is really to be as stealthy as possible...a lot of areas you can even sneak through completely undetected if your patient enough. Use silent weapons, like the tranq gun, stun gun, takedowns, etc. Try to pick them off when they're in a vulnerable location, away from other enemies. Also, if you do that, make sure to drag their bodies somewhere out of sight, or else someone will spot them and set off the alarm (and wake them up if they're still alive).

I don't remember that section too well, but there's a lot of parts like that in the game. The trick (if you're not going for a Rambo playthrough) is really to be as stealthy as possible...a lot of areas you can even sneak through completely undetected if your patient enough. Use silent weapons, like the tranq gun, stun gun, takedowns, etc. Try to pick them off when they're in a vulnerable location, away from other enemies. Also, if you do that, make sure to drag their bodies somewhere out of sight, or else someone will spot them and set off the alarm (and wake them up if they're still alive).
Sigh, that's what I always do. It's irritating that using the tranq rifle is useless when any soldier that runs up a body too far away from me to move wakes him up. The cover in this area is just poorly set up.

At the room where I had to defuse the poison bomb to rescue the civilians.
The civilians were all dead when I got there and I didn't have to defuse any poison bomb. Which might be because I wasted time and messed around in Sarif HQ before going... Mind blown! I'm going to go as soon as possible on my Give me Deus Ex playthrough.

So I just learned that the game
has 12 different voice-overs for the endings. That means there's probably three different versions for each ending. I'm assuming they are dependent on how you played the game (lethal/non lethal, for example).

Pretty cool, though! I wonder how different they are...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yay, just beat the game last night. Got all 1000/1000 on my single playthrough. Was on pins and needles as the credits rolled waiting for my 'Pacifist' and 'Foxiest of the Hounds' cheevos to pop. Ridiculous, but so many times in the game I was unsure if I had negated them or not. Played through entire sections more times than necessary I am sure just based on a hunch that I messed one of them up.

So yea, awful way to experience the game going for every achievement in a single run, but I am proud to have managed it. Great game, kind of a wank ending though.

Didn't really get the hate for the boss fights. I never had any real trouble dealing with them, and I actually found their patterns quite fun to exploit(again only playing Hard mode with pure stealth). I can certainly understand how they could be frustrating, but only to the imperceptive player that merely wants to gun them down like a standing turret. They all have varying opportunities to counter and weaknesses to some indirect perks. Plus they are in rooms littered with stuff to use against them. I loved trying different strategies and tactics to take them down.

Anyway, good shit. Might get the DLC if it is ever on sale. Reading the description it is very unclear to me when the DLC even fits into the story. (I succeeded to get onto the boat without capture! Was in a sleeping pod the entire trip...so is the DLC scripted for people that failed that section??)

The DLC was just half-off on Steam a couple weeks ago! I'm sure that deal will come back around again. As for when it takes place, you weren't actually in a sleeping pod the whole time you were on that boat, you were just led to believe you were.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Didn't really get the hate for the boss fights. I never had any real trouble dealing with them, and I actually found their patterns quite fun to exploit(again only playing Hard mode with pure stealth). I can certainly understand how they could be frustrating, but only to the imperceptive player that merely wants to gun them down like a standing turret. They all have varying opportunities to counter and weaknesses to some indirect perks. Plus they are in rooms littered with stuff to use against them. I loved trying different strategies and tactics to take them down.

I thought the boss fights were pretty easy with the exception of the one discussed above (I used the turrent thing).

I liked the game, stealth and combat mechanics were good and the levels were large. It was just that hacking got boring, the sidequests got simpler as the game went on (the last one was a basic Fedex IIRC) and the story got kind of dumb. The last third was a drag. The ending was neat though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
27ga5.jpg

FbjpV.jpg

Just wanted to show off. =p I know a lot of people had issues with Foxiest or Pacifist popping up, but I got lucky. Only had to go a couple hours back for one book. Anyway, this game was wonderful. Thanks again Shagg for the game and Spiegel/Nacho for the DLC.

MNC

Can anyone help me?

Wanted to start missing link, got this texture bug:

571C03E3D48BFFD7CCAD75860834662AB54BE1E5

Looks like some kind of filter over everything.

It flickers and disappears at random intervals, when looking around. Any ideas?

Tenck

I was hoping someone could help me with this.

So I've barely even played the game right now, but I'm encountering some mouse movement delays that are seriously very VERY annoying. I know the game might be playable even with the noticeable mouse lag, but I can't bring myself to shake it off.

Can anyone help me out with this problem? Or is Deus Ex HR doomed to never be played and left in my steam library? :/

I was hoping someone could help me with this.

So I've barely even played the game right now, but I'm encountering some mouse movement delays that are seriously very VERY annoying. I know the game might be playable even with the noticeable mouse lag, but I can't bring myself to shake it off.

Can anyone help me out with this problem? Or is Deus Ex HR doomed to never be played and left in my steam library? :/

I remember that for many people SSAO caused mouse lag, due to how demanding it is. So give it a try with SSAO disabled.

I disabled everything just to be sure, but even though the lag was a bit less noticeable, It's still there.

Vsync as well? I know turning off vsync helps some people with mouse lag.

I know I was having a lot of troubles with mouse lag at first as well, but I ended up solving it somehow, can't remember exactly how...once I get a chance I'll jump into my settings and mess around, to see if I can remember what I did.

Make sure any mouse acceleration is turned off in Windows as well.

I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, but it is SO DUMB that this game doesn't include New Game+.

I'm not too bothered by it. I have more fun replaying the game from scratch using different tactics than I think I would restarting it and just having everything from the get-go.

Tenck

Vsync as well? I know turning off vsync helps some people with mouse lag.

I know I was having a lot of troubles with mouse lag at first as well, but I ended up solving it somehow, can't remember exactly how...once I get a chance I'll jump into my settings and mess around, to see if I can remember what I did.

Make sure any mouse acceleration is turned off in Windows as well.

I'm not too bothered by it. I have more fun replaying the game from scratch using different tactics than I think I would restarting it and just having everything from the get-go.

everything is off. I even turned off things that I was sure weren't affecting my mouse (shadows). Still pretty noticeable.

everything is off. I even turned off things that I was sure weren't affecting my mouse (shadows). Still pretty noticeable.

Maybe try it with Vsync off, but Triple buffering on? I think that helped for me. Also, I've read in a few places that this registry edit helps:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944090-deus-ex-human-revolution/60125192

(Yes, I know it's GameFAQs, but that was the best guide I could find on how to do it.)

Worth a shot. Worst case scenario, you can just go in and change those registry settings back to their default.

Top Bottom