• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Yo Gotti said:
Hmmm. Okay so Give me a Challenge is supposed to be "How it's meant to be played"

But Give me Deus Ex is... Deus Ex? I'm not sure which to play it on first. :/
If you've played and finished Deus Ex on normal it'll be alright. You'll try to avoid straight up firefights in the same way you did there (though if you do start a firefight it'll be easier). To me it felt like it was balanced for Give me Deus Ex mode. Even
with the bossfight
(preview spoiler).

MNC

Yo Gotti said:
Hmmm. Okay so Give me a Challenge is supposed to be "How it's meant to be played"

But Give me Deus Ex is... Deus Ex? I'm not sure which to play it on first. :/
Well shit. This is probably the first game where I'm going to have difficulty choice problems. Why did they bother to call it the Deus Ex experience D:

Erm

So do I after spending $410 on it

what

-Mikey-

I think I'll play on normal to start with and probably focus on firefights. If I ever have a 2nd playthrough I'll try Give Me Deus Ex and focus on stealth.

Darklord

Banned
GANGSTERKILLER said:
$410 US DOLLARS!? Is there a SUPER ULTRA BROKE ASSES CAN'T BUY SPECIAL edition for this game?

Game + new graphics card. So technically not JUST on the game but I bought the card now for Deus ex.

Aon

Playing through the preview on Give Me Deus Ex, it almost seemed to easy at times going for Stealth/Hacking and staying non lethal. Combat on the other hand seemed super super vicious.

So maybe only choose GMDE if you're masochistic or intending to sneak about?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
GANGSTERKILLER said:
$410 US DOLLARS!? Is there a SUPER ULTRA BROKE ASSES CAN'T BUY SPECIAL edition for this game?

He bought the one that came with a couple of graphic cards...

( right ? )

JaseC said:
Well, it was present in the preview build.

cool. i really want to try GMDE on my first run, but if it gets too rough it would be nice to not have to start over. it's been par for the course for games to allow you to switch it down a notch.

i don't really care about defaulting to a lower trophy either. :p

Have had the Augmented Edition preordered for months. Im not one for CE's, but this is one of my top 3 anticipated games this year (with Battlefield 3 and Skyrim) and Im a sucker for art books.

Tomorrow baby!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
cool. i really want to try GMDE on my first run, but if it gets too rough it would be nice to not have to start over. it's been par for the course for games to allow you to switch it down a notch.

i don't really care about defaulting to a lower trophy either. :p

It's frustrating when you hit a wall in a game that has you beat for hours but there's no option to lessen the difficulty. Singularity is guilty of this.

x-Lundz-x

For those who have the game already and started playing on the hardest difficulty how hard has it been going for you?

Would you recommend pure stealth gameplay or is combat manageable? Does it clown car on you?

I really would like to clear the game on hard first but if it is has hard as lets say COD4 (Which I just cleared on Veteran last night actually) then I am just going to run on normal so it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the game.

x-Lundz-x said:
For those who have the game already and started playing on the hardest difficulty how hard has it been going for you?

Would you recommend pure stealth gameplay or is combat manageable? Does it clown car on you?

I really would like to clear the game on hard first but if it is has hard as lets say COD4 (Which I just cleared on Veteran last night actually) then I am just going to run on normal so it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the game.
I don't have the full game but there are no respawns or anything like that with the enemies. What you see is what you get in terms of numbers of enemies. Combat is manageable but if you're going on Give Me Deus Ex you'll probably want to put points into the combat skills before you go for hacking and things like that (unless you're fine with reloading!).

Dermal Plating is a good one (or you go down really quickly), as is multiple melee (take out 2 guys in melee instead of just one), and all the weapons stability upgrades are super powerful. It's pretty easy to cheese the AI as well, especially with the cover system.

Gvaz

Banned
flipswitch said:
Could just be me, but I didn't notice any screen space ambient occlusion in the leak.I know I had issues with the brightness of the game where I had to turn up the luminous all the way up.on my nvidia card.Anyone else notice this as well?
That's a bug with DX11. You should have held SHIFT while you clicked the DXHR icon.

glaurung

ericfrozen.jpg

[Nintex]

What the hell, the shop I ordered this just refunded my money and the game has been moved to TBA 2011 and it's impossible to order 0_o

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gvaz said:
That's a bug with DX11. You should have held SHIFT while you clicked the DXHR icon.

Haha, wow. I thought you were kidding, but I just looked into this and you're right.

Edit: Has there been any word on how much of a performance impact the AMD-optimised tessellation has on nVidia cards (GTX 570 here)?

Gvaz

Banned
Also unless the retail game has some uber options compared to the leak, you don't really need anything better than a Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.2, 8gb ram, and an ATI HD4890 1GB. Or the equivalent.

Speaking of which, for single monitors a gtx570 is the best.

x-Lundz-x

Danne-Danger said:
I don't have the full game but there are no respawns or anything like that with the enemies. What you see is what you get in terms of numbers of enemies. Combat is manageable but if you're going on Give Me Deus Ex you'll probably want to put points into the combat skills before you go for hacking and things like that (unless you're fine with reloading!).

Dermal Plating is a good one (or you go down really quickly), as is multiple melee (take out 2 guys in melee instead of just one), and all the weapons stability upgrades are super powerful. It's pretty easy to cheese the AI as well, especially with the cover system.

Cool, I'll have to look into going that route. I planned on my first play though being combat oriented so sounds good to me!

Clott

When is the game goin to be available on eastern time? I just landed from Europe so my jetlag dictates I can get up at 6am with the over slept feeling, figure I can play this tomorrow morning if available.

Clott said:
When is the game goin to be available on eastern time? I just landed from Europe so my jetlag dictates I can get up at 6am with the over slept feeling, figure I can play this tomorrow morning if available.

Seems extreme, but if it means I can get the game unlocked quicker, I might fly away from Europe too ARGH.

(I assume that's the exact reason you did it, too...)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Only 2, ?, more hours left until the embargo and from what I've seen there's a sizeable chunk of people in this very thread that are affected by it. Ya'll bitches better be spilling your non-spoilery guts all over our faces.

http://beefjack.com/news/deus-ex-writer-we-talked-about-doing-deus-ex-3-ourselves/

Sheldon J. Pacotti was the writer for one of the most critically acclaimed and influential games of all time in Deus Ex, and also worked on its less well-received sequel Deus Ex: Invisible War. But, on the eve of the release of Eidos Montreal‘s new vision of the future, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he’s revealed that original studio Ion Storm looked at creating a third game themselves – and were thinking along similar lines.

“We talked a little bit about doing Deus Ex 3 back in Texas before the studio shut down,” Pacotti says. “And we were thinking also along the lines of a prequel. We thought the franchise needed a reset. I was excited to hear that’s the direction they [Eidos Montreal] were going. It’s the right thing to get the title back to more of a gritty, real world territory.”

Asked for his opinion on the new entry in the series, Pacotti revealed that he had had some input himself into Human Revolution: “I’ve been in the loop a little bit. I helped frame some of it at the beginning and worked on the script,” he told Eurogamer. “They’ve approached the franchise with a lot of care, a lot of respect. A lot more care and respect than we did on the second one!”

That says about it all for DE:IW.

Top Bottom