• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Alright, making this post for posterity.

Community hype level: high
Personal hype level: maximum

Red Blaster said:
The whole "have to fight bosses" decision is so baffling considering the killphrases in the original game were so novel.

They shouldn't be required to literally copy Deus Ex note for note. I do wish you could avoid bossfights, but using killphrases again would just seem a bit derivative.

No problem with the bosses --> gaming has moved on in 10 years.
No problem with stealth takedowns --> gaming has moved on in 10 years.

The only problem I have with Deus Ex 2 is the goddamned piss filter. Why isn't it toggleable?!?

No piss filter checkbox? --> we are going back 10 years.

Zenith

Banned
Zerokku said:
Thats what I'm wondering. Unless he nabbed it from a mom & pop store theres no way for him to have it. And if he's a reviewer, then he's not supposed to talk about the game until tomorrow.

Hmm...

BigJiantRobut said:
Presumably you're under the same NDA I'm under, in which case, hush up mister

JaseC said:
Not necessarily; the console versions leaked several days ago, not that I mean to imply that is where he sourced his copy from.

Rather than trying to shut him up because he dares to not agree with us we should take advantage that we have someone who's left the first hub and hear his impressions.

fushi

Kinda embarrassing how people are already defending the game without having playing it from someone who has played it. Don't get too caught up on the hype train, guys!

Qwomo

fushi said:
Kinda embarrassing how people are already defending the game without having playing it from someone who has played it. Don't get too caught up on the hype train, guys!
Most of us have played it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Zenith said:
Rather than trying to shut him up because he dares to not agree with us we should take advantage that we have someone who's left the first hub and hear his impressions.

I was correcting the absoluteness of the post I quoted and my post was in no way directed toward TheLegendOfMart. I would think "not that I mean to imply that is where he sourced his copy from" should have made that sufficiently clear. Furthermore, I haven't played the game just yet so it's impossible for him to disagree with me, and by extension annoy me, seeing as I don't have an opinion on the subject.

Daeda

Zenith said:

Well, we cant due to NDA.. but he's bullshitting (wont go into more depth than that for the next 6 hours)

TheLegendOfMart said:
Very dissappointed with this game. Once you move to the montreal hub you dont have the opportunity to replenish your guns/ammo. I used up all my ammo at the end of the last mission before you change hubs and now im stuck in the game unable to progress because i have no ammo and you cant melee mechs.

One of the producers of the game told me on twitter that they have completed the entire game without killing anyone except the unskippable boss fights. He also mentioned that they have completed the game using only augs and no guns. There's a lot of flexibility in how to approach a level so there must be a way for you to progress from where you are, you just need to figure it out.

red731

^
Please shagg, explain. I thought it was piss filter too...

Calisto Glory said:
i played it
tumblr_lq0ftyAro21qafrh6.png

Watching someone play through it on YouTube.It's ok though, because I've played a few hours of the leak and won't be watching any parts that I haven't played.

And I wonder why TheLegendofMart is in my ignore list. Goddamn spoilers.

"Please shagg, explain. I thought it was piss filter too..."

Snuggler posted the video. DX: GOTY is so good! Reminds me of Vampire: Bloodlines a lot!

Hardly spoilers, if you want me to spoil the game i can do. I just thought id give people a bit of a heads up so they dont make the game too difficult for themselves. Not everyone is a super eleat awesome pro HD DX gamer like most of you seem to be, condescending pillocks.

Corky said:
Which difficulty are you guys going to start on ?
Normal, and then realistic in my second playthrough (if any). I like enjoying games like these and take my sweet time getting to know the game. Jumping to hard or realistic will only complicate the learning process, especially if it's going to be as diverse as DX: GOTY.

"Why? he's not pirating anything"

Better safe than sorry? I don't know the case of this leak and I could be wrong but Crysis 2 leak was treated cautiously so this game won't be any different, unless I missed out on something.

It's all good though, more power to him/them I suppose. A few more hours before this is mine!! :D

Corky said:
Give me Deus Ex! Didn't give me too much trouble in the preview, and perfect stealth will be pretty much as hard there as it is on easy (with more incentive to not get caught).

Untracked

Corky said:
I'd like to go for a Hard stealthy run first, but I know I'm going to be forced into Boss Fights. So I'll probably start it on Normal and reduce it to Easy when the Boss turns up and kicks my arse.

Corky said:
lol wtf this has to be a joke in response to the vid :"4,732 likes, 4,732 dislikes" xD, either that or it's the worlds best coincidence.

edit : wtf nooooooo I ruined it, I liked the video to see if it actually was real and then disliked it and now there's an unbalance! NOOOOOOOOOO!
Seems like it sorts itself out.

*No... wait

*Yes.

TheLegendOfMart said:
Hardly spoilers, if you want me to spoil the game i can do. I just thought id give people a bit of a heads up so they dont make the game too difficult for themselves. Not everyone is a super eleat awesome pro HD DX gamer like most of you seem to be, condescending pillocks.

How do you have it already anyway? If you're reviewing it, what site are you reviewing it for?

-Mikey-

Corky said:
lol wtf this has to be a joke in response to the vid :"4,732 likes, 4,732 dislikes" xD, either that or it's the worlds best coincidence.

edit : wtf nooooooo I ruined it, I liked the video to see if it actually was real and then disliked it and now there's an unbalance! NOOOOOOOOOO!
You sir, have ruined the internet.

Dave1988

Corky said:

Fixed it for you.

EDIT: Crap, someone voted "dislike". Now it's 4738/4739. VADERNOOOOO.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
-Mikey- said:
You sir, have ruined the internet.

I...I'm so sorry :(,

edit : phew! The neutrality has been restored, my hands are washed clean. You can't kill me that easily internet.

Anyways, to steer this back on topic, will this be like your average game where higher diff only means a 1.2x boost to damage taken or something like that or will the game actually be more challenging in the form of better ai and stuff?

What's the name of the difficulty levels?

Lime

I do not understand regional release date locking. Why do I have to wait until Friday to play this game, while Americans can play it tomorrow?

JaseC

Corky said:
I...I'm so sorry :(,

edit : phew! The neutrality has been restored, my hands are washed clean. You can't kill me that easily internet.

Anyways, to steer this back on topic, will this be like your average game where higher diff only means a 1.2x boost to damage taken or something like that or will the game actually be more challenging in the form of better ai and stuff?

What's the name of the difficulty levels?

Tell Me a Story, Give Me a Challenge, and Give Me Deus Ex. Easy, Medium/Normal, and Hard, respectively.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
-Mikey- said:
I think it's something like Casual, Normal and Give me Deus Ex!

Ah that's good,guess I'll be going Give me Deus Ex unless Normal is challenging enough.

edit : ^ ah there we go,

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TheLegendOfMart said:

lol It just sounds like you made an assumption about the how he game will work and it threw a curve ball at you. Now you have to/had to work your way through it. IIRC, you can hack turrets and bots if you have the proper augs. If not, use stealth, movement, darkness and slip past everything. =D

Lime said:
I do not understand regional release date locking. Why do I have to wait until Friday to play this game, while Americans can play it tomorrow?

We're just a few steps from life becoming like this game, didn't you know?

JaseC

Darkone said:
Are there diffreant difficulty levels to choose from?

Yeah, see a few posts up
or look below :p

If so does it mention whats the diffreance from each one?

Somewhat:

Tell Me a Story
You play games for their story and experience, not for their challenge or competitiveness. Enjoy the Deus Ex experience!

Give Me a Challenge
You enjoy a good story and a good challenge. This is how the game is meant to be played!

Give Me Deus Ex
Hardened enemies and tougher situations will make your experience quite challenging and give you a good adrenaline rush. You are one with the machine!

MNC

TheLegendOfMart said:
Nope.

Once you complete a main mission you move onto the next hub where you get side missions and you can visit the arms dealer to buy weapons, upgrades and ammo.

After the second hub you leave and are instantly on the next mission, i dont want to say too much but you cant really stealth because the enemies are already on a heightened alert status and there are lots of them including turrets and security mechs.

You can melee guys and take their ammo but you only pickup a few bullets not full magazines.

I don't want the hype to blind people and if this is really one of the bigger flaws of the game it should be addressed; but to say you're disappointed with the game because of this? We'll see when NDA lifts/game gets released.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Hmmm. Okay so Give me a Challenge is supposed to be "How it's meant to be played"

But Give me Deus Ex is... Deus Ex? I'm not sure which to play it on first. :/

JaseC

Yo Gotti said:
Hmmm. Okay so Give me a Challenge is supposed to be "How it's meant to be played"

But Give me Deus Ex is... Deus Ex? I'm not sure which to play it on first. :/

Begin on GMDE and only bump the difficulty down if you're finding the game too difficult.

Top Bottom