• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

This game was NO WHERE NEAR my radar. But abunai's brilliant OP made me decide to give it a try. I remember this game back when it came out on PC. Looked very different from everything else at that time.

Eidos better thank you abunai. ;)

sado

Y'know, things break...
TemplaerDude said:
I don't think the embargo is up until 12PM EST. Could be wrong.

Aww, bummer. Figured I would sit around here for 30 minutes if they were about to break.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Glad I got this on PC (Steam) with all the updates... I got Darksiders too as a bonus but I've already played through it on the PS3 so don't think I'll play it again.

The gaming season is already beginning and I am flocked with games (El Shaddai, Bastion, Deus Ex on tuesday). Within a few weeks there's Space Marines, Resistance 3, Driver and probably some other game I am missing.

Distractions! Want to finish my own game too... Never enough time for everything.

Valravn

God dammit, i totally forgot about El Shaddai being released last week. Ah well, that game can wait! Too much shit coming out this and coming months. My wallet is already weeping....

Relax.MX

Someone with a extra copy of the game(the original and great Deus Ex) on Steam...i want to replay it again...:)

PD: Offers PM, please :)

Dizzy-4U

Relax.MX said:
Someone with a extra copy of the game(the original and great Deus Ex) on Steam...i want to replay it again...:)

PD: Offers PM, please :)
Since Don Ramon is the greatest human that ever lived, I'm giving it to you for free. PM me your steam name.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Snuggler said:
It's certainly not gonna be a graphical stunner, we all know that. But with heaps of AA, a high resolution, and the shadow/texture upgrades, I expect a very sharp looking game that runs without any major drops below 60FPS. My eyes will be pleased.

also, I made this for you guys:

a4c1af7e1e9c65938ad4558ac21dd4a63e427eb5.gif
Holy shit.

My Augmented edition will hopefully be sent before the UK release on Friday so I can at least get to play the game at the same time as DD people. I just couldn't resist the art book/soundtrack on disc and it was only £26 too.

NBtoaster said:
The console versions both have SSAO, and it looks of already good quality. It seems integral to the game's look.

Yes, it is integral to the look, the art director even said he told the team to crank it much higher than in other games because it added to the stylized look.

But most console games have atrociously looking SSAO IMO, and in any case the enhanced DX11 AO can be only be better :p

flipswitch said:
Could just be me, but I didn't notice any screen space ambient occlusion in the leak.I know I had issues with the brightness of the game where I had to turn up the luminous all the way up.on my nvidia card.Anyone else notice this as well?

I wrote about it in the previous page, SSAO in the leak was mostly broken (absent) in both dx9 & dx11 modes.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Thunderbear said:
Glad I got this on PC (Steam) with all the updates... I got Darksiders too as a bonus but I've already played through it on the PS3 so don't think I'll play it again.

The gaming season is already beginning and I am flocked with games (El Shaddai, Bastion, Deus Ex on tuesday). Within a few weeks there's Space Marines, Resistance 3, Driver and probably some other game I am missing.

Distractions! Want to finish my own game too... Never enough time for everything.

I'll take that Darksiders off you ;-)

Also is anyone selling a spare gmg code? A buddy of mine wants to get this game on PC.

Very dissappointed with this game. Once you move to the montreal hub you dont have the opportunity to replenish your guns/ammo. I used up all my ammo at the end of the last mission before you change hubs and now im stuck in the game unable to progress because i have no ammo and you cant melee mechs.

TheLegendOfMart said:
Very dissappointed with this game. Once you move to the montreal hub you dont have the opportunity to replenish your guns/ammo. I used up all my ammo at the end of the last mission before you change hubs and now im stuck in the game unable to progress because i have no ammo.

Can't you assassinate the guys to get some ammo ?

Truant

TheLegendOfMart said:
Very dissappointed with this game. Once you move to the montreal hub you dont have the opportunity to replenish your guns/ammo. I used up all my ammo at the end of the last mission before you change hubs and now im stuck in the game unable to progress because i have no ammo and you cant melee mechs.

Joke post, surely?

TheLegendOfMart said:
lol

Clevinger

TheLegendOfMart said:

Do you have a review copy?

Kyon

Banned
TheLegendOfMart said:

is that the games fault tho? there are different ways to progress levels i believe
Zw3dO.gif

Truant said:
Joke post, surely?
Nope.

Once you complete a main mission you move onto the next hub where you get side missions and you can visit the arms dealer to buy weapons, upgrades and ammo.

After the second hub you leave and are instantly on the next mission, i dont want to say too much but you cant really stealth because the enemies are already on a heightened alert status and there are lots of them including turrets and security mechs.

You can melee guys and take their ammo but you only pickup a few bullets not full magazines.

Lucius86

Banned
TheLegendOfMart said:

Stealth? You don't have to shoot everything that moves......even if it's hard??? Appears you should have thought about your ammo situation before you went wading in the mission before.....

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The game apparently has a handful of completely unavoidable pure combat boss fights, which has been the major negative thrown around so far. This mech might be one of them.

Lucius86 said:
Stealth? You don't have to shoot everything that moves......even if it's hard??? Appears you should have thought about your ammo situation before you went wading in the mission before.....
Gee having played 3/4 of the game you would have thought i would have caught onto the fact that you can stealth, thanks for reminding me.

I did think about my ammo situation going off previous main missions you move onto the next hub where you can buy guns, ammo, etc... i didnt realise it was going to send me straight on a mission.

Untracked

Decided to go for the 360 version, mainly because of pad preference and my PC being shit. I've left it a bit late but I hope there are still some Augmented Editions available for preorder, I want my soundtrack.
I think I need a refresher going into HR, I can barely remember what happened in the last half of the original.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Clevinger said:
Do you have a review copy?

Thats what I'm wondering. Unless he nabbed it from a mom & pop store theres no way for him to have it. And if he's a reviewer, then he's not supposed to talk about the game until tomorrow.

Hmm...

So there's no non-lethal ways of taking out the bosses in the game, such as stunning them, EMP then melee them until they're knocked out?

Teknoman

Untracked said:
Decided to go for the 360 version, mainly because of pad preference and my PC being shit. I've left it a bit late but I hope there are still some Augmented Editions available for preorder, I want my soundtrack.
I think I need a refresher going into HR, I can barely remember what happened in the last half of the original.

Doesnt it take place before the first game though?

TheLegendOfMart said:

Presumably you're under the same NDA I'm under, in which case, hush up mister

Yo Gotti

Banned
TheLegendOfMart said:

This should be spoilered... difficult situation or not I didn't want to know this -_-.

Anyway, chalking this up to user error!

hahahaha

squall23

So hyped for this game now, but man, art direction of the year is definitely this vs Xenoblade (even though it's technically a 2010 game).

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Quick question:

If I buy this game from a CD-Key site, like GMG, G2Play, etc,... Do I get any bonuses with the Standard Edition? Living in Europe.

Thanks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Zerokku said:
Thats what I'm wondering. Unless he nabbed it from a mom & pop store theres no way for him to have it. And if he's a reviewer, then he's not supposed to talk about the game until tomorrow.

Hmm...

Not necessarily; the console versions leaked several days ago, not that I mean to imply that is where he sourced his copy from.

Edit: Do saves from the preview build carry over to the game proper?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TheLegendOfMart said:
Nope.

Once you complete a main mission you move onto the next hub where you get side missions and you can visit the arms dealer to buy weapons, upgrades and ammo.

After the second hub you leave and are instantly on the next mission, i dont want to say too much but you cant really stealth because the enemies are already on a heightened alert status and there are lots of them including turrets and security mechs.

You can melee guys and take their ammo but you only pickup a few bullets not full magazines.

Welcome to Dues Ex, son. Man up and use your head to accomplish your mission.

Top Bottom