• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Xater

Apparently Destructoid's review by Jim Sterling went up early but only for a short time. Through Twitter I know that the score will be 9.5.

bob page

Xater said:
Apparently Destructoid's review by Jim Sterling went up early but only for a short time. Through Twitter I know that the score will be 9.5.
Are you sure it won't be a 3.5 since it's Jim Sterling?

DaBuddaDa

Xater said:
Quoting myself from earlier:

DaBuddaDa said:
Guarantee you Jim's review will either be ~5.0/10 "Game is terrible" or ~9.5/10 "Wonderful amazing spectacular!" Gotta drive up those site hits!
*pats self on back*

Heavy said:
One of the best tracks in video game history, no hyperbole. When it hits 2:30...oh fuck

No doubt, Michael McCann is one of my favorites not. His tracks are so good.

I've decided I'm going with Give Me Deus Ex, I want to lengthen my experience in any way possible.

Poker360

destructoid review:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-deus-ex-human-revolution-209544.phtml

9.5 as mentioned

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, like its augmented hero, is a step above its mundane peers. With its flowing, open approach to mission structure, thoroughly engrossing story and gorgeous visuals, this is the kind of game that all others should strive to be. While there are some elements that don't feel quite as developed as they should have been, and augmentation is more Hobson's choice than true choice, Human Revolution provides a level of quality that only the most adamant cynic could fail to be impressed by. More importantly, it is everything a fan of Deus Ex could want in a game, and it effortlessly embraces the arduous task of living up to the legacy, standing next to its 2000 predecessor and holding its head up in pride.

This game is truly deserving of the name Deus Ex. In fact, there's no other name it could have had.

Grisby

Xater said:

I don't read many reviews but still, that dude seems like a joke.

Xater

I don't get the hat for Sterling but whatever. I am just glad this game is getting good reviews. Seems like it will be the "sequel" Deus Ex fans have been waiting for.

x-Lundz-x

The_Darkest_Red said:
I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Something about Human Revolution just looks so original and inviting compared to most new games.

I know, and I am glad there are people out there like you that are excited without having played the first games. We NEED more games like this. Something different instead of COD clone #17....

Social

So, destructoid gives this game a 9.5 but talks about flaw after flaw in terms of skills and upgrades.

Bag of money from Square?

This game will be a solid 8, no more, no less

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
x-Lundz-x said:
I know, and I am glad there are people out there like you that are excited without having played the first games. We NEED more games like this. Something different instead of COD clone #17....
I agree. Never played the first two, cannot wait for this.

jgminto

BramVD said:
So, destructoid gives this game a 9.5 but talks about flaw after flaw in terms of skills and upgrades.

Bag of money from Square?

This game will be a solid 8, no more, no less
What? Maybe if the gaming review system wasn't broken but as it stands an apparently great game with an imbalance in the perk system doesn't deserve an 8.

Your challenge lies before you, GAF:

Ol' Jimmy Sterling said:
Human Revolution provides a level of quality that only the most adamant cynic could fail to be impressed by.
Unless he's just speaking crazy talk, which is always a possibility. I want to believe him but his track record just makes it so difficult!

ironcreed

Banned
Heavy said:
Wow @ all the errors in that review. It would be sad if this site was counted on Metacritic considering how amateurish it is.

Apparently it is a blog, lol. I started to say... who let's this guy write?

bob page

The_Darkest_Red said:
Your challenge lies before you, GAF:

Unless he's just speaking crazy talk, which is always a possibility. I want to believe him but his track record just makes it so difficult!
I can't tell if he's making a joke about himself or is completely oblivious to what people think about him.

jgminto

ironcreed said:
Apparently it is a blog, lol. I started to say... who let's this guy write?
I love the intro paragraph:

The story is set in 2027, Deus Ex: Human Revolution presents a world in which biomechanical human enhancements in other words human mechanical parts are an everyday thing. Human as we know have split into ones that have and those that don’t have augmentations.​

jgminto said:

The story is set in 2027, Deus Ex: Human Revolution presents a world in which biomechanical human enhancements in other words human mechanical parts are an everyday thing. Human as we know have split into ones that have and those that don’t have augmentations.​

good lord I had a hard time reading that.. lolz

bob page

jgminto said:

This must be a project for 5th grade english class or something.

pringles

ironcreed said:
Review from Gamer Fuzion (who?) 8.0

http://www.gamerfuzion.com/blogs/deus-ex-human-revolution-video-review-xbox-360-ps3-pc/

"I will give you tree reasons why this game will not bore you" LOL, wtf? Not much of a review. Anyway, good score. Even if it is just from some blog, lol.
"The Graphics in Deus ex human revolution are not that impressive, the game lacks details on the in the movements of characters and are too stiff and lack more realism which is nothing close to LA Noire. The sound of the game is better than the graphics as you are able to listen to small details like your footsteps when you are doing the stealth mode. Firing your gun, fighting and sound that surround the game could have been better."

:lol

quaere

Heavy said:
I've basically been living in this thread the past couple days. I check every single new post just to help pass the time.
Me too. Good thing the piss filter discussion is over. Back to the hype!

ironcreed

Banned
jgminto said:

I hear you, lol. That is some straight up fourth grade material right there.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Poker360 said:

I take their reviews with a grain of salt, but being that I am still on the fence with Deus Ex (due more to money/ridiculous amount of games coming out soon) seeing high reviews continue to pour in makes me more and more likely to buy this.

zephervack said:
nice...

i cant read the destructiod review, says the page is only for editors... :(

That's because it went up too early.

Top Bottom