• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

thetrin said:
Load up TF2. When it loads up you'll get a notification if you got the items.
i bought it through gamestop/ impulse for the bonus mission and cheaper price (for me). I got the key from impulse and entered it into steam to preload the game. Im confused on if my dlc will be acknowledged

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
fuzzyreactor said:
i bought it through gamestop/ impulse for the bonus mission and cheaper price (for me). I got the key from impulse and entered it into steam to preload the game. Im confused on if my dlc will be acknowledged
It might not be. I think you have to preorder directly through Steam.

derFeef

SLV said:
OMG !!! It worked ! Your feedom + proxy cap, now it shows 11 hours :D Instead of 3 days !
What you do is very dangerous... look into the Steam terms of services a little bit closer and think again if it's worth it.

thetrin said:
It might not be. I think you have to preorder directly through Steam.
im not worried about the TF2 dlc. I want the mission from gamestop/impulse but in order to download the game i have to use steam. I cant dl it in impulse

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
fuzzyreactor said:
im not worried about the TF2 dlc. I want the mission from gamestop/impulse but in order to download the game i have to use steam. I cant dl it in impulse
That's because the game uses Steamworks. Everyone has to play the game with Steam. The bonus mission and such should come as a code with your copy of the game.

thetrin said:
That's because the game uses Steamworks. Everyone has to play the game with Steam. The bonus mission and such should come as a code with your copy of the game.
a separate code? I only got one code for HR

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
fuzzyreactor said:
a separate code? I only got one code for HR

I don't buy PC games from them, so this may not be the case, but sometimes Gamestop put their preorder codes on the receipt.

Clevinger

thetrin said:

Does that mean after I register my physical copy with steam, I'll never need my disc to reinstall it? Or is that just with games sold on Steam?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Clevinger said:
Does that mean after I register my physical copy with steam, I'll never need my disc to reinstall it? Or is that just with games sold on Steam?

Once you punch in the CD-key, it will be part of your Steam library, so you won't need to use the disc ever again.

Lime

Anybody know about the art section in the Collector's Edition Guide? The artbook included in the Augmented Edition is too small to be a proper art book, imo.

Dennis

Banned
So about the shitty boss fights - are they shitty because they play bad or because they are too hard?

I was planning on going with a stealth/sneaky/intelligence character build and playing the game o Hard.

But now I am getting worried that the boss fights will be too hard/frustrating and punish me for not making a Combat Guy build.

grendelrt

DennisK4 said:
So about the shitty boss fights - are they shitty because they play bad or because they are too hard?

I was planning on going with a stealth/sneaky/intelligence character build and playing the game o Hard.

But now I am getting worried that the boss fights will be too hard/frustrating and punish me for not making a Combat Guy build.

From what I read, they are shitty because they are nothing special, forced on the player to do, and there is no freedom in tackling them. But the reviewer did say they weren't that hard.

Gvaz

Banned
They're shitty because they're typical bossfights. And for a game that lauds choice you certainly don't have a choice to skip the bossfights if you want to (or aren't tough enough for it, like a sneaker vs a minigun boss who lobs grenades).

It would have been better if right before the bossfight you could choose one of three ways to tackle the boss.

Anecdotal evidence, but I was not banned for using VPN to unlock and play Brink early. Just a reponse to those spreading FUD and citing the ToS. I believe it is in place to stop people buying games, not unlocking games you've already purchased. Either way don't hold me to it if you get banned, personally I'm going to do it.

Gustav

Banned
Gvaz said:
They're shitty because they're typical bossfights. And for a game that lauds choice you certainly don't have a choice to skip the bossfights if you want to (or aren't tough enough for it, like a sneaker vs a minigun boss who lobs grenades).

It would have been better if right before the bossfight you could choose one of three ways to tackle the boss.

Really not trying to defend the boss fights but the original had the exact same problem. And that's why I am not too worried about them in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I still consider the original the best game of all time, despite the boss fights, so I doubt they would dampen my enjoyment of the current game considerably.

I usually hate waking up early, but getting up tomorrow at 8:30 in the morning to truck down and pick up my pre-order is going to be so, so sweet. I've waited too long for this!

Salsa

129e2723658e66f195923aa01147ebc837c92b3a.PNG

sounds like fucking bullshit

derFeef

SalsaShark said:
129e2723658e66f195923aa01147ebc837c92b3a.PNG

sounds like fucking bullshit
Square also "disallowed" to show the availabilty status for the game in an Austrian online store. They had all versions on stock, but they got a nice email from them that they should remove that info. Weird.

Gala

SLV said:
OMG !!! It worked ! Your feedom + proxy cap, now it shows 11 hours :D Instead of 3 days !

Would you be so kind and send me a pm with how you did this? I'm a total noob with proxy programs and these things. Thanks in advance :)

grendelrt

Snuggler said:
...especially since GMG deployed their keys a few days ago. Sorry SalsaShark, that shit is lame.
Well to be fair that could be because GMG is only endorsed by certain publishers (Square being one) and may give them some extra privilages.

I wonder if Walmart will know what I'm talking about if I head in at midnight to pick up a copy. No Gamestop around here is doing a midnight.

Deadly Monk said:
I wonder if Walmart will know what I'm talking about if I head in at midnight to pick up a copy. No Gamestop around here is doing a midnight.

Doos X: Human Evolution? No we don't carry that.

The Stealth Fox

DennisK4 said:

They ruin the game. It's better to play Mass Effect 1 and become enthralled by the colorful grayness of Feros over and over.

Top Bottom