• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Paches

Clothing line for Deus Ex will premiere tomorrow as well: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-22-deus-ex-hr-clothing-line-announced

ss_preview_Adam_Jensen_Coat_1.png

The jacket and Bell Tower t-shirt look pretty cool actually.

Dakota47

Slackbladder said:
Yep, and it could be another F1 2010 when it didn't unlock in the UK until 4pm! 4 fucking pm in the afternoon!!
Hopefully it won't be!

The countdown on my Steam says the game will unlock exactly three days from now, so that would be late Thursday night.

EDIT Amsterdam here btw

Ehh the boss fights probably take like an hour total if you combined them all (I'm just guessing), which would be an hour out of 25-40 total, or about 2-3% of the game. Probably not a big deal.

vazel

Banned
SalsaShark said:
129e2723658e66f195923aa01147ebc837c92b3a.PNG

sounds like fucking bullshit
Sucks Gamersgate is letting down the people that pre-ordered. They're my favorite DD service and this pre-order policy is sure to not help them when it comes to future Steamworks pre-orders. I wonder why GMG got to send out keys a few days ago.

Zeliard

For the leakers - I mean the people who played the leak (or full game) - did you guys find any imbalances with the augs yet? I'm thinking about how in Deus Ex the speed enhancement was much better than silent running since you can just crouch and still move silently and fast enough.

grendelrt

vazel said:
Sucks Gamersgate is letting down the people that pre-ordered. They're my favorite DD service and this pre-order policy is sure to not help them when it comes to future Steamworks pre-orders. I wonder why GMG got to send out keys a few days ago.

Ive never used them, but I wouldnt blame them. That quote sounds like the publisher in control of the release date of the keys. Its not really their fault that the publisher is holding them back.

Zeth

Deadly Monk said:
I wonder if Walmart will know what I'm talking about if I head in at midnight to pick up a copy. No Gamestop around here is doing a midnight.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Satchel

Banned
Ok, I'm reading the reviews, and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

I think even the 'negative' aspects of the Reviews shouldn't really apply to me. Why? Because of my next question.

Will I adore this game if I haven't touched a Deus Ex game before? I haven't played ANY of the earlier games, despite hearing amazing things about the original.

Teknoman

Deadly Monk said:
I really hope not. I'll spell it out for them and wait, I'm patient.

Heh happened alot with Infamous, L.A. Noire, and believe it or not Batman: Arkham Asylum.

EDIT: Think im gonna watch Blade Runner tonight, yay for DVR.

Dakota47 said:
This. Regional releases are bullshit.

especially with digital releases. Even if the retail copy released days earlier than an international digital copy I wouldn't buy it, not when I can get it for $35AUD.

Whats difficult is knowing the US is mere hours away from playing. I could go home and do some proxy wizardry (after figuring out how) and be playing it without having to wait another 2 days for an unlock date that is, by and large, arbitrary.

newsguy said:
My 24hr wal mart doesn't put out games until 9am unless there's a special midnight launch.

Then you need to watch "Mission Impossible" and think of it not as a piece of entertainment, but a training tool.

Report back to me at 0110 hours.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
On a positive note, living in the PAL ghetto means we can get impressions before buying the game. Maybe all the reviews are wrong!
fuck, I can't wait

Although the Xbox 360 won slightly in the graphics department the PS3 fought back with nearly a 10 second faster load time. In the end of this revolution both versions come out on top

Welpz, I won't be too disappointed with my 360 purchase then!

Although the Xbox 360 won slightly in the graphics department the PS3 fought back with nearly a 10 second faster load time. In the end of this revolution both versions come out on top

Is this from the Lens of Truth comparison? It won't load for me. Either way, IGN's video indicated that the 360 version loads faster than the PS3 version while installed.

Poker360

Gvaz said:
PS3 version has much better contrast.

I disagree. Contrast is the differences between light and dark in an image.

It seems the ps3 can't handle shading as well as the 360 can, which results in better contrast for the 360 version. The ps3 version has an all around lighter tone with less contrast.

Also to the person saying ps3 loads faster, no it doesn't. In the IGN comparison, the installed 360 version was about 5 seconds faster than the ps3 version.

Poker360 said:

Also to the person saying ps3 loads faster, no it doesn't. In the IGN comparison, the installed 360 version was about 5 seconds faster than the ps3 version.

Yeah, the Lens of Truth site said that they only test "out of the box" loading times, which I guess means they didn't try to install the 360 version.

Gvaz

Banned
Poker360 said:

It seems the ps3 can't handle shading as well as the 360 can, which results in better contrast for the 360 version. The ps3 version has an all around lighter tone with less contrast.

The 360 version you can't fucking see anything.

Clevinger

Satchel said:
Ok, I'm reading the reviews, and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

I think even the 'negative' aspects of the Reviews shouldn't really apply to me. Why? Because of my next question.

Will I adore this game if I haven't touched a Deus Ex game before? I haven't played ANY of the earlier games, despite hearing amazing things about the original.

You don't need to have played the first game, no. If you like what you're hearing, you'll most likely like the game.

PaulLFC

Twinduct said:
fuck me, the 26th feels like it'll never happen!
At least its on a friday .. some silver lining I guess :<
Tell me about it... forcing myself to not read anything about the game for the next 3 days is going to be torture. Goddamnit SE, why do you persist with regional release dates for a STEAMWORKS game? :(

jcm

Maybe old news but Amazon has a $10 promo credit on all three versions.

Edit: Sorry, definitely old news. It's a big thread.

MNC

Please please pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase ship the collector's edition on the 26th itself so I can play on the 27th.

So is anyone else excited by the fact that Deus Ex HR seems to ground itself in the real world with real organizations, real locations, etc, in creating it's mythos?

It's something IW did a horrible job at, and one that both Spector and the other lead said going to far into the future was a huge mistake or at least not making the groups and locations feel a connection to the world of today or even Dues Ex.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So is anyone else excited by the fact that Deus Ex HR seems to ground itself in the real world with real organizations, real locations, etc, in creating it's mythos?

It's something IW did a horrible job at, and one that both Spector and the other lead said going to far into the future was a huge mistake or at least not making the groups and locations feel a connection to the world of today or even Dues Ex.

totally, it feels relevant, almost contemporary tbh

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nope. Cant wait anymore. Implosion imminent.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm holding off until someone makes a mod that replaces all of the NPC death screams with the GYAAAH sound bite from DX1.

Swifty

Snuggler said:
I'm holding off until someone makes a mod that replaces all of the NPC death screams with the GYAAAH sound bite from DX1.
It should also disable ragdoll effects and just pivot the NPC model parallel to the floor.

Solo

Snuggler said:

I'm holding out until the I SHPILL MY DRINK mod.

Alpha-Bromega said:
totally, it feels relevant, almost contemporary tbh
I agree. I'll put it this way. The totally optimal and easy to miss news story in DX1 about the US Supreme Court (quoted below) was better and allowed for far more immersion than anything in IW. Things like this both enhance the fiction of the world, but also make it so much easier to accept because truthfully, it seems like it could have come from a real paper in the near future. Nothing really disconnects it from the world of today.
The Supreme Court-Real
Way the Court Works-Real
Upper West Side-Real
ACLU-Real
Travel Restrictions due to terrorism-Real even before 9/11, but it takes it a step further, but not in a way that's too hard to suspend disbelief for consider the other facts about the world of DX 1.

Sorry to ramble, but it's just something I loved about DX1 so so much.

Court Upholds NY Grid Law
New World Press - Washington, D.C.

In a landmark six to three decision yesterday, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the
controversial "grid zoning" laws that have been the subject of a number of suits
since being instituted six years ago.

Originally passed by the New York legislature in 2046 in response to the Upper
West Side bombing that killed 45 people and wounded over a 100, the grid
zoning laws effectively allowed the police to wall off regions of Manhattan and
its surrounding boroughs. Foot traffic between these "zones" is prohibited,
and travelling between zones is restricted to authorized subways or highways
subject to police surveillance.

"A travesty", said Gil Treble, representing the ACLU as plantiffs in the case.
"This law is nothing more than the legalization of social oppression on a grand
scale."

Supreme Court Justice Machen wrote in his favorable decision that "The
unfortunate nature of American liberty is that freedom creates opportunity for
terror. It is with heavy heart that I must conclude in this case that the
freedom of individual Americans must be balanced against the needs of a
community to feel safe and secure."

Top Bottom