• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Ken

Yay. Came with a cool case sleeve thing too.

63753d9e.jpg

So what are peoples impressions on activating on Steam via proxy? Any negative anecdotal evidence? Is it just using a combination of, for example, YourFreedom and ProxyCap? Is it ok to be discussing this?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That launch trailer contains some stuff that, to me, hints at a pretty big connection the Deus Ex universe, specifically events that lead to Deus Ex yet never appeared in the game.

I wonder if we'll see Paul, since he'd be about seven when Human Revolution takes place.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Jtrizzy said:
Why does Steam wait to unlock so late when Gamestop and Wal Mart will have it at midnight? Just joined the master race and this is my first pre load.
I'm sure that's the publishers doing. They're always getting leveraged by retailers.

EatChildren said:
That launch trailer contains some stuff that, to me, hints at a pretty big connection the Deus Ex universe, specifically events that lead to Deus Ex yet never appeared in the game.

I wonder if we'll see Paul, since he'd be about seven when Human Revolution takes place.

Oh man one image just gave me a huge nerd on the launch trailer
MJ12 Globe

Also things are making me thing that there are more than 3 locations. Not hub size perhaps, but at least one that if my guess is right was cut out of the original Deus Ex. ;)

Gah FUCK. Should have played the first one through while I had a chance. To play this tomorrow when I get back from work, or work through the original first...

The_Inquisitor said:
Gah FUCK. Should have played the first one through while I had a chance. To play this tomorrow when I get back from work, or work through the original first...

this is a prequel, so i can't imagine it hurts going from this to deus ex 1. unless you are afraid that the gameplay/graphics of human revolution will make you not enjoy DE1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this is a prequel, so i can't imagine it hurts going from this to deus ex 1. unless you are afraid that the gameplay/graphics of human revolution will make you not enjoy DE1

Nah I was playing some Doom era Star wars games the other night I should be good. I do admit the game looks amazing. And of course steam WOULD pop saying it's done pre-loading as I typed this.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ken said:
Yay. Came with a cool case sleeve thing too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NobodyHome/63753d9e.jpg[/QUOTE]

You mean a Slipcover? I love them with blu-ray cases (especially lenticular slipcover they are so cool).

Teknoman

The_Inquisitor said:

This first, first one afterwards?

Ken

Totobeni said:
You mean a Slipcover? I love them with blu-ray cases (especially lenticular slipcover they are so cool).

Yeah. There's a neat little holo/shiny effect on the orange/yellow colors on the slipcover (which is just the normal front and back cover art). Kind of present on the back cover as well.

e71789c7.jpg

Oh yeah, someone mentioned a couple pages back that the extra mission code would be inside the box of all first run copies. Not the case. Nothing in my copy but the manual, disc, and SquareEnix member code thing.

6095df0a.jpg

Avoid the launch trailer! I haven't watched it but it's probably got spoilers for certain areas and/or sequences. We're only a few hours away now... go ghost.

**Ghost Protocol Activated!**

Tokubetsu

EatChildren said:

Launch trailer?

Teknoman

The_Inquisitor said:
Yeah looks like it. I admit for knowing very little of the series (I have always meant to go and play it) I am quite excited about this.

I'm in the same situation actually. Due to that other Deus Ex 1 graphic mod thread, I finally found a way to play the first game without the dialog cutting out too early...but it ended up being a few weeks before HR.

Just going to go through HR first, and then play the first game.

I asked this in the other Ebgames thread but didn't get a response. I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow and I have Deus Ex pre-ordered at Ebgames for the 360. Is it possible to switch PS3 in person if they have enough copies available? I want something to break in my new console.

Teknoman said:
I'm in the same situation actually. Due to that other Deus Ex 1 graphic mod thread, I finally found a way to play the first game without the dialog cutting out too early...but it ended up being a few weeks before HR.

Just going to go through HR first, and then play the first game.

Could you PM me the link to the mod? I wouldn't mind sprucing the textures up like I did for Fallout: NV

This is the one I have heard about?

Teknoman

samus4ever said:
I asked this in the other Ebgames thread but didn't get a response. I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow and I have Deus Ex pre-ordered at Ebgames for the 360. Is it possible to switch PS3 in person if they have enough copies available? I want something to break in my new console.

Im sure it is. They shouldnt turn down a sale, especially if they have enough copies.

samus4ever said:
Yeah definitely. Just switch at the counter. And if they're sold out, get your money back and buy it at another store

SamuraiX-

I never played the original Deus Ex, but the hype of this game is getting to me. I've been thinking about it sporadically for the past couple of days. lol

shadyspace said:
Has a Steam game ever actually unlocked at midnight? This happens with every big release, it seems.

I've personally never been awake for a midnight launch. I've got sleeping to do, and the game doesn't run off if I don't play it the second it unlocks.

Teknoman said:
Im sure it is. They shouldnt turn down a sale, especially if they have enough copies.

Heavy said:
Yeah definitely. Just switch at the counter. And if they're sold out, get your money back and buy it at another store

Thanks for the replies. I'll be picking up the PS3 version then!

iavi

I know that the mouse/keyboard has been done up nicely for the pc version, but the comfy couch and controller seems to good to pass up. Controller it is.

Miri said:
I know that the mouse/keyboard has been done up nicely for the pc version, but the comfy couch and controller seems to good to pass up. Controller it is.

360 controller is pretty comfy on PC. I use it more often than not for 360 ports. Something about leaning back in my chair with my legs on desk playing w/ improved graphics is very satisfying.

I think I'm going to go and get my copy once the store opens. I am so pumped to dive into a game. Haven't played shit since the release of Alice and Shadows of the Damned.

Just a heads up, I am watching Jeff from Giant Bomb's driving home stream. Whole bunch of DE:HR stuff on GB tomorrow and he says he likes the game, so keep an eye out for stuff tomorrow on Giant Bomb.

The_Inquisitor said:
360 controller is pretty comfy on PC. I use it more often than not for 360 ports. Something about leaning back in my chair with my legs on desk playing w/ improved graphics is very satisfying.

I use it whenever a game lets me and it's well implemented. Witcher 2 was all controller.
My desk chair is every so slightly too short for my desk, and I can lean back and put my feet up with a controller, and also optionally plug in the HDMI and play from the living room.

Zeth

Besides Kmart, is anyone else giving out gift cards/bonuses? Best Buy and Target are much closer for me tomorrow.

Pixel Pete said:
I use it whenever a game lets me and it's well implemented. Witcher 2 was all controller.
My desk chair is every so slightly too short for my desk, and I can lean back and put my feet up with a controller, and also optionally plug in the HDMI and play from the living room.

Yeah it's nice. The 360 controller really grew on me throughout the generation. It's the best of both worlds with my rig. My 360 has been collecting dust recently. Will dust off for GOW3, but man, I buy all my releases on PC pretty much these days.

Top Bottom