• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

foogles

Zafir said:
Oh, speaking of installing, does the PS3 version have a required(or optional) install, and if so how big?
3GB required install.

bob page said:
How's the aliasing on the PS3 version?
Kind of bad. 360 is better for visual quality, but despite what this article says, load times are better on 360 than on PS3 if you do the 360 HD install. So basically, if you're playing on console, you need a pretty good reason not to go with the 360 version.

vocab

Aside from the pre caching/streaming data stutter. The game runs amazingly well on my 5850 (60 fps, 40-50 stutter drop). Can't say any of settings have a huge effect on my fps. It runs pretty much the same on every setting. Which AA would be the best option? Should I use the triple buffering in game even though I notice the input lag?

Aon

Oh man, the Shanghai music is so good. So damn good. The vision of Shanghai is really odd though, dominated as it is by expats. Lots of Chinese looking people with American accents and a surprising number of foreigners with really thick Chinese accents. I guess race has started to melt away a bit in such a metropolis.

Also without spoilers, I totally completed the first story mission in Shanghai accidentally just by poking around on the rooftops. This is Deus Ex alright.

bob page

foogles said:
3GB required install.

Kind of bad. 360 is better for visual quality, but despite what this article says, load times are better on 360 than on PS3 if you do the 360 HD install. So basically, if you're playing on console, you need a pretty good reason not to go with the 360 version.
Thanks, I have both consoles but was pretty undecided until now.

foogles said:
Aliasing doesn't look too bad on either, really (based on those screens). I wouldn't describe it as "kind of bad" personally, especially compared to most console games.

Philthy

foogles said:
3GB required install.

Did you read the link you posted? Where does "kind of bad" come from? Reading it over now it looks like they're basically the same, with the PS3 loading quicker.

Although the Xbox 360 won slightly in the graphics department the PS3 fought back with nearly a 10 second faster load time. In the end of this revolution both versions come out on top. No matter which version you pick they both deliver what they are set out to do. Any small differences really just comes down to personal preference.

Stitch

Gold Member
omg just started steam and deus ex is already unlocked :O :O :O

wait, no it's not FUUUUUUUUUUUU
it just preloaded a bit more...

Confidence Man said:
Mouse feels like it's emulating analog sticks. They let you adjust the FOV but then the controls are fucked up. So aggravating.

Did you play past the intro? The on-rails sequence is awkward when you look around with the mouse, but once the game actually starts, it feels completely fine to me.

The Stealth Fox

I think for people who have DX1 experience, it's a good idea to turn off the objective marker. It forces you to explore more and see more of the area, even if you're trying to reach the X on your radar.

The highlighting is not bad at all though.

duckroll said:
Well, regardless of what they're doing with the initial load, I feel the game would be improved a lot by not reloading the entire level again when you die and have to load the previous save. Especially for those playing on hard.
This is probably the only thing that irritated me. I still can't figure out why they wouldn't keep the level cached in the event that you want to reload.

cackhyena

So what's the fov most comfortable for you guys? I couldn't decide ( not enough of the pc player normally to know the difference ) and just kept it as is.

clip

cackhyena said:
So what's the fov most comfortable for you guys? I couldn't decide ( not enough of the pc player normally to know the difference ) and just kept it as is.

Bump it up to 90, you will like computer games much better that way.

Echoplx

cackhyena said:

90 for me, as it should be.

Geoff9920

Wow, I'm really enjoying it so far. I can't help but makes comparisons to Metal Gear Solid and Rainbow Six Vegas. It's going to a long day at work.

Game runs and looks great on my rig.

i7 2600s
8 gb ram
Radeon 6850

1920x1080

Dx 11
MLAA
Ssao normal
PP
Trilinear
Vsync
Tessellation

Locked 60 fps

Gacha-pin

cackhyena said:
Then just ignore it. Once you have a preference to the fov, you will have hard time when you go back to console games ;p

Aaaaaaaaargh, load times... They actually made me stop playing the leaked build because I'm one of those "let's test completely arbitrary and bizarre stuff in order to enjoy the game to it's fullest" kind of guys, and dying actually meant that I had to stare at a load screen for over one minute each time. Followed by respawning, trying the same thing again, failing once more and again having to load for a full minute.

God damn it, I have a feeling this shit is completely going to ruin the game for me >_<

For the record, DX1 pretty much insta-loaded for me and let me test all sorts of crazy stuff without punishing me with huge load times. That was a big part of the draw to that game, for me.

JerkShep

The game keeps "stuttering" despite having min or max settings. Is there some solution for this? I played Witcher 2 very well, not maximum settings but medium/high and it ran smoothly, I don't thik it's the hardware.

Gustav

Banned
FML, man. I can't get the game to run at all. All I get is the Steam "This game is currently unavailable" message. I think I'm about to put my fist through my monitor. :(

Echoplx

Geoff9920 said:
Am I weird for preferring FXAA (high) over MLAA?

MLAA seems to have similar quality to FXAA while performing great like EdgeAA so that's why I prefer it.

Personal preference is always a factor so trying things for yourself is the best idea, only takes a few seconds to test anyway.

Geoff9920

mikespit1200 said:
Does FXAA/MLAA each work with AMD/Nvidia cards? Or is it only one for each?
I'm using an AMD card and have options for both FXAA & MLAA. I'd be surprised if NVidia users didn't have similar options.

Varna

-Mikey- said:
XD

Anyone getting weird artifacts on characters?

I have everything maxed with DX11 enabled.

I'm getting them to (580gtx). Pretty annoying. Character models look pretty bad with it off. Are you using the latest nivida drivers?

Anyone find how to force higher levels of MLAA? Control panel doesn't seem to be doing it.

EDIT: The loading is pretty bad. Especially since it happens after you die. Feels like HL2 all over again.

derFeef

Gustav said:
FML, man. I can't get the game to run at all. All I get is the Steam "This game is currently unavailable" message. I think I'm about to put my fist through my monitor. :(
Tried switching the DL region?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
or the record, DX1 pretty much insta-loaded for me and let me test all sorts of crazy stuff without punishing me with huge load times. That was a big part of the draw to that game, for me.
When did you first play DX1?

I was there in June 2000 for launch of the game and it did NOT run that well. Framerate was not particularly great (especially in the very first level), but hard disk access was a huge issue. I had plenty of ram (for the time), yet loading screens were frequent and lengthy. In addition, when something significant would occur the whole game would pause as it tried to load. Explosions were notorious for this (and was something common among many PC games back then).

On a modern machine, it loads and runs flawlessly, of course, but back in 2000, it was much more demanding. Human Revolution runs much much smoother on a 2011 machine than DX1 did on a 2000 machine.

EDIT: The loading is pretty bad. Especially since it happens after you die. Feels like HL2 all over again.
At least there is no stu..stu...stuttering ala Source.

Fixed1979

CTD's from the main menu, I tried a few things before work but no luck. Deleted and downloading again...hopefully it's good to go when I get home I'm not ready for a night of trying to get this to run.

mudkyp

Played roughly an hour and I'm already pretty impressed. I'm currently in grad school for level design in games and this game is hitting all the right notes. Especially the environmental storytelling that's happening in the offices. The clutter is so good! I want to live in this game.

Top Bottom