• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Kurdel

Banned
This christian fundie outside Adam's appartment started off on how he is a disgrace to God.

I showed her God's will and hid her in the appartment.

The only downside so far is the loading times. It's like "Oh shit, I totally killed that breakdancer LOL!". Then I die, and wait, and wait, abd wait... It kinda takes away the fun out of random acts of violence..

Gvaz

Banned
BigJiantRobut said:
Ugh, looks like the physical release only has 89% of the game on it.

What's the point of a printed version?
prevents day 0 piracy by requiring you to dl the last like hundred mb.

Stuttering here as well. 4870 1GB, 6 gigs RAM, i5 2.80ghz.

I'm also getting some audio crackling, particularly with dialogue but also in menus. Anyone else?

Definity

This is my first game since joining the master race a couple weeks ago. I played through the very first mission and FRAPS was showing a consistent 60fps. I maxed everything out and turned on everything. Playing at 1080p on my TV.

i5 2500k (stock)
8GB Ram
gtx 570

Am I doing it right?

robin2

How is the shooting action?
More like FEAR 1 or like Crysis 2?

Edit:

If you select a wide resolution on a 4:3/5:4 display, will the image get stretched or you'll get top/bottom black bars like witcher 2?

Echoplx

60FPS maxed/mlaa at 2560x1440

9wryT.gif

cackhyena

bluedeviltron said:
Stuttering here as well. 4870 1GB, 6 gigs RAM, i5 2.80ghz.

I'm also getting some audio crackling, particularly with dialogue but also in menus. Anyone else?
Yeah, I'm getting the same stuff I did in the leak. I also have a 4870 1gb, but less ram and 2.4. I have a lot of extras turned off, too. Ugh. This keeps up, I may have to give in and go for the 360 version.

epmode

Varna said:
I'm getting them to (580gtx). Pretty annoying. Character models look pretty bad with it off. Are you using the latest nivida drivers?
DX:HR tessellation is apparently busted with the latest Nvidia drivers. It was working fine for me when I had an older set, I only noticed it after updating to fix an unrelated crash issue.

anddo0

First mission question:
if you take too long exploring the offices, you get a warning from the boss about how the situation has changed.. Does that have any affect on if the hostages live or die?
I kinda want to start over. :(

Bulzeeb

this game looks great and all but I'll like to try it before jumping so is there a demo for pc or something? and do I need to play or know anything about the first game to understand this game?

anddo0 said:
First mission question:
if you take too long exploring the offices, you get a warning from the boss about how the situation has changed.. Does that have any affect on if the hostages live or die?

Yup they all die. Kind of a shit to do something like that when the player finally takes control :(

wutwutwut

anddo0 said:
First mission question:
In the preview leak it did. :D

Echoplx

anddo0 said:
First mission question:

There is a time based gas detonator thing, I'm not sure when/how it activates though

Dizzy-4U

Corky said:
:( hold me. I'm afraid.
I had a few framedrops here and there but no stuttering. And if there were and I didn't see it, It's nowhere near as bad as Darksiders.

anddo0 said:
First mission question:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

Sell me on this game. Only know OF the games and their accolades but never played them. The gameplay videos I've seen didn't impress as far as choice/consequence goes. Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture but I haven't seen anything not seen in other games. I've watched people play Crysis 2 with cloak or go in guns ablazing.... soo....

Also, it has what I dub "pc-itus". I'm seeing flat corridors and walls with flat desks and limp, ragdoll bodies and objects being dragged or carried by invisible hands.

I wanted this game based on premise alone. Footage ain't helping. I'm sure I'm seeing early portions but go ahead and spoil something that would make me pick this up. To that person that locked the person in their apartment, what happens next? Go home and she's freaking out. Used a phone to call help and police arrived? She hides and attacks or escapes when you aren't looking? Or nothing that dynamic?

Here are 2 pictures of the first minute of the game, i dont consider them spoilers, but if you consider the FIRST minute of the game a spoiler then dont open them.

Pictures are 5936 * 1200 running in triple screen with everything set to high and FXAA, sorry for the artifacts due to the Steam compression, its all i could take before coming to work.

Echoplx

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Sell me on this game. Only know OF the games and their accolades but never played them. The gameplay videos I've seen didn't impress as far as choice/consequence goes. Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture but I haven't seen anything not seen in other games. I've watched people play Crysis 2 with cloak or go in guns ablazing.... soo....

Also, it has what I dub "pc-itus". I'm seeing flat corridors and walls with flat desks and limp, ragdoll bodies and objects being dragged or carried by invisible hands.

I wanted this game based on premise alone. Footage ain't helping. I'm sure I'm seeing early portions but go ahead and spoil something that would make me pick this up. To that person that locked the person in their apartment, what happens next? Go home and she's freaking out. Used a phone to call help and police arrived? She hides and attacks or escapes when you aren't looking? Or nothing that dynamic?

Oh shit, here we go..

Might want to start running

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Dizzy-4U said:
I had a few framedrops here and there but no stuttering. And if there were and I didn't see it, It's nowhere near as bad as Darksiders.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

phew, thank god. Darksiders is making my want stab my own brain sometimes.

Kurdel said:
This christian fundie outside Adam's appartment started off on how he is a disgrace to God.

I showed her God's will and hid her in the appartment.

The only downside so far is the loading times. It's like "Oh shit, I totally killed that breakdancer LOL!". Then I die, and wait, and wait, abd wait... It kinda takes away the fun out of random acts of violence..

The worst part is that my hard drives are doing nothing when it's loading.

At least pretend you need that time, deus ex.

JudgeN

Can't play till I get home but what kind of performance can I expect with my rig:

i7 930 @4ghz
6 GB ram
GTX 470
windows 7 64 bit

Can I hit locked 60 FPS with high FFXA + Tessellation + Max everything @ 1080p?

Blizzard

Banned
I find it a little entertaining that people who act like jerks may end up punished by loading times. Serves them right, you futuristic augmented murderers!

MoonsaultSlayer said:

I don't mean to be a jerk about this, but if watching footage and seeing the trailer don't make you interested, don't get the game. My sense from your post is that you won't enjoy it much. Play other games that are more interesting to you -- not everyone has to like the same games. :)

Van Buren

Load times are certainly poor. I compared them between SSDs in RAID and a regular 7200 RPM drive, and the difference is hardly significant. Hopefully, Eidos does a CDProjekt and optimizes it in future patches.

For all the talk of multiple AA options, it's disappointing that there is no MSAA at the very least. EdgeAA, FXAA & MLAA don't do the kind of justice to the art style that SGSSAA + MSAA would.

Frustrating lack of choices in a boss fight aside, the game also lacks some of the consequences that one would expect. For instance, I did the same thing I tested in Deus Ex - play like a psychopath, murdering innocents, and see how the game responds. The lack of the expected acknowledgments jarred me out of my suspension of disbelief.

foogles said:
3GB required install.

Kind of bad. 360 is better for visual quality, but despite what this article says, load times are better on 360 than on PS3 if you do the 360 HD install. So basically, if you're playing on console, you need a pretty good reason not to go with the 360 version.

I don't have the game yet but going by those screens the PS3 version looks sharper to me, while the 360 version looks to have some kind of blurring effect which cuts down on the aliasing but seems to blur some textures. The 360 version does look darker/richer (which is pretty common for 360 games), as long as neither look like complete crap *cough bayonetta, ghostbusters on PS3 cough* and run equally as well I think I am going to pick up the PS3 one as I like the dual shock better. Still just my .02

Also the PC screens you guys are posting look amazing

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Has the performance in the hub area been addressed? The leaked version ran at a perfect 60 fps for me in all locations EXCEPT the main hub. As you would walk around, the game would randomly appear to slowdown. If you stopped and looked around, you'd see that the framerate was still 60 fps as soon as the hitching ended.

In addition, there was a bug in the leaked build when using iron sights or zooming in a target while in cover where the camera zoomed in at 30 fps rather than 60. This did not always occur, but if you did run into it the problem remained until restarting the game.

Right guys for this stuttering when turning. I disabled V-Sync which smoothed out a lot. Also when playing with the 360 controller the stuttering isn't there. I don't know if its emulating shitty controller input lag lol. But V-Sync seems the main offender.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Truthfully I'm more annoyed with the super shitty bink like compression on the cutscences. Its like converting Bluray to BVD.

yeah I wished it was rendered in game instead of the FMV with horrible horrible compression. It's not like they had a size restriction on the PC they could of done h264 for god sakes.

Kurdel

Banned
I can't wait to get to the Quebec portion of the game. The first minutes gave me Montreal, referendum and a massive boner.

Also, instead of space or escape, it's written in french. Is it like this for anyone else?

cackhyena

Infinite_Daremo said:
Right guys for this stuttering when turning. I disabled V-Sync which smoothed out a lot. Also when playing with the 360 controller the stuttering isn't there. I don't know if its emulating shitty controller input lag lol. But V-Sync seems the main offender.
V-SYNC is already off for me and I'm still getting it. :(

Infinite_Daremo said:

Surely there must be at least one person from Eidos reading this thread. This is a common issue it seems, and I would like the developers to fix it before a lot of us start our playthroughs.

Top Bottom