• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Daeda

duckroll said:
Is there a way to turn the tutorial prompts off? It's kinda annoying. At the entrance of the Sariff Building (from the inside) there is the QUESTS tutorial prompt which refuses to go away. It appears every time I step into the area. I've brought it up and skipped it manually so many times now. >_<

Isnt there a "show tutorial prompts" setting in the options

i-Lo

3chopl0x said:
Not sure if serious.

Seriousface.gif

I was asking because of this excerpt I found on lens of truth comparison between the console versions:

Having said that, enabling V-Sync on both versions eliminated any sign of screen tearing and performance hitches one would expect from such a beautiful and chaotic game.

Saterium

Anyone using triple monitors (vision surround) on nvidia find a way to center the hud?

Videos show the hud centered with eyefinity so I know it's possible.

JohngPR

The_Darkest_Red said:
Has anyone picked up an Augmented Edition copy without a preorder? I'm wondering what my chances will be when I stop by Best Buy / Gamestop / whereverIneedtogotogetone later today.
I did from Best Buy and I had to go to two different ones to get it and that BB only had two copies.

JerkShep

I just wanted to say that I have updated my graphic card driver and now the game is going really well, there's still a bit of stuttering when turning around but way less than before.
Now I just have to finish the first DE, stop being addicted to Xenoblade and then it will be Human Revolution time

cackhyena

JerkShep said:
I just wanted to say that I have updated my graphic card driver and now the game is going really well, there's still a bit of stuttering when turning around but way less than before.
Now I just have to finish the first DE, stop being addicted to Xenoblade and then it will be Human Revolution time
AMD? I downloaded the latest Catylist whatever, but I don't know how much that helped. I don't know if there is some specific driver I'm missing for my 4870 or what that could be helping me out more. According to the low end specs for how this game should run, with everything besides shadows and lower than max resolution turned off, it should be smoother for me.

vazel

Banned
The game's framerate feels really weird to me. Fraps says I'm getting 40-50fps but it feels more sluggish than that. I don't know if it's something to do with the game's mouse controls. I'm going to switch over to my gamepad to see if it helps.

Solo

The fuck? I started the game, follow whats her face for a few seconds, we get to a door, we talk a second about Sarif, she opens the door, and it seems like a Bink movie or something should play, but it... doesn't. Screen goes black and nothing.

Great first impression :/

JohngPR

Heavy said:
I'm not sure. Didn't have FRAPS or anything on but it wasn't 60 or close to it, probably around 30. I had AF set to "trilinear" instead of 16x so that one wasn't maxed I guess (not sure what the difference tbh). I had vsync off and used D3D overrider for the vsync and triple-buffering. MLAA on. It felt like it was over 30. There was some minor stuttering once in a while but I think that was streaming/in-game loading.
Sweet. I had mine all maxed out with FXLAA on high and was getting high 30s to mid 40s.

Blizzard

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
K, dude. I won't buy your precious game.

Can't wait to play it since I'm a fan of stealth and stealth options. Just wanted to hear more about the more unique aspect of this game
Why the hostility? I gave what I believe to be a reasonable response based on your reaction. Actually seeing the game seemed to disappoint and not interest you, so I gave my recommendation. Did I criticize you or say the game was precious? :p

To take another example, if a police officer shooting me when you hit him with a box/trash can is a serious bother to me, it sounds like I might want to avoid the game. I don't know many RPGs that have amazing AI, so that really seems like a minor thing to me. What games let you throw robot-arm-propelled projectiles from a mutant super soldier guy at law enforcement officers, but differentiate what the officers do based on whether you do a little bit or a lot of damage? It could be I'm just ignorant since I never finished the first Deus Ex.

Dennis

Banned
Solo said:
The fuck? I started the game, follow whats her face for a few seconds, we get to a door, we talk a second about Sarif, she opens the door, and it seems like a Bink movie or something should play, but it... doesn't. Screen goes black and nothing.

Great first impression :/
Welcome to PC gaming. Frustrating and delighting in equal measure for 30 years and counting.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Good lord, the Augmented Edition is GORGEOUS. I can't speak for the console versions, but the PC version reminds me why I loved PC gaming back in the 90's. It also reminds me why I still love buying games in boxes.

ProtoCents said:
Alright... fucking pre-order bonuses. I got the Augmented from Gamestop and don't know where the code to the bonus pack is. Anyone?
there in no bonus code, guess its within the game code itself. you will get a message before getting to Detroit stating the bonus content has been activated

its ironic that this game ran better in preview build. wth

branny

What's the point of having the PS3 version's Augmented Edition bonus content on a Blu-Ray?

I looked at one of the trailers and it was in SD, and the soundtrack is off-limits unless your computer has a Blu-Ray drive. Amazing.

At least the packaging is pretty.

fuzzyreactor said:
there in no bonus code, guess its within the game code itself. you will get a message before getting to Detroit stating the bonus content has been activated

its ironic that this game ran better in preview build. wth

really, framerate issues? anyone else experience worse performance than the preview build? that would be disappointing.

iavi

duckroll said:
Damnit! :(

Someone please tell me how to get rid of the stupid tutorial prompts! >_<

I don't believe there is a way. But the section of which they plague you is pretty small so it's no big deal.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ahaha, just bought it via Greenmangaming, with their homepage voucher and around 9 UK bucks I had in my wallet and wouldn't use anyway.

So I paid 17 Euros. Yay me.

fuzzyreactor said:
random stuttering

but that was definitely in the preview build. It's that slight stutter when turning, right?

if so, good to hear. that wasn't too big a problem and it's not an actual framerate issue. Preview build was silky smooth for me aside from those random stutters, and i got used to it.

Zeliard

duckroll said:
Damnit! :(

Someone please tell me how to get rid of the stupid tutorial prompts! >_<

I doubt they last past the early going, or whenever it feels it's done telling you what different things are. I'm still really early in the first main level with enemies, just got the tutorial prompt for "stealth" heh.

Blizzard

Banned
Calavera520 said:
but that was definitely in the preview build. It's that slight stutter when turning, right?

if so, good to hear. that wasn't too big a problem and it's not an actual framerate issue. Preview build was silky smooth for me aside from those random stutters, and i got used to it.
Considering it's Eidos, this engine isn't at all related to the Tomb Raider Underworld engine, is it? That was a game where the mouse movement felt weird/stuttery to me, but was perfectly smooth with the 360 controller.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
3chopl0x said:
It's also the code to the armory on Liberty Island in the original Deus Ex
oh yeah, i forgot about that

In my mind, System Shock always takes precedence.

btw, the game is running beautifully on my notebook. 1080p with everything on high, framerate stays 45-60fps.

i7-2630QM
6970M (desktop 6850)
8GB 1333MHz RAM

I had stuttering, but that was because i had both D3D and the in-game v-sync running.

CaLe

Blizzard said:
Considering it's Eidos, this engine isn't at all related to the Tomb Raider Underworld engine, is it? That was a game where the mouse movement felt weird/stuttery to me, but was perfectly smooth with the 360 controller.

It is the Tomb Raider Underworld engine.

Dennis

Banned
K.Jack said:
oh yeah, i forgot about that

In my mind, System Shock always takes precedence.

btw, the game is running beautifully on my notebook. 1080p with everything on high, framerate stays 45-60fps.

i7-2630QM
6970M (desktop 6850)
8GB 1333MHz RAM
Damn that is a hefty laptop.

Does it get very hot when gaming?

duckroll

Zeliard said:
I doubt they last past the early going, or whenever it feels it's done telling you what different things are. I'm still really early in the first main level with enemies, just got the tutorial prompt for "stealth" heh.

No, that's not my problem. I'm way past the opening part of the game. My problem is that the final tutorial is a Quest Log tutorial which pops up as you are about to leave the Sarif Building into Detroit proper. It refuses to go away. Every time I enter and leave the building, I run into the prompt as I near the exit. It's really annoying! >_<

iavi

DennisK4 said:
For the PC guys: Controller or K+M ?

Yes, I am serious, how is the game on PC with controller?

Controller. And it works beautifully. Toggling in and out of cover feels so much better.

Angst

cackhyena said:
The controller actually feels really good. I'm not missing anything playing. Cept that hotbar, naturally.
It's awesome that you can change from KB/M on the fly by just touching mouse or controller. I have never seen that in any game before.

duckroll

DennisK4 said:
For the PC guys: Controller or K+M ?

Yes, I am serious, how is the game on PC with controller?

K+M. For the record, I played Fallout NV and Alpha Protocol on the PC with a 360 controller. But I find for Deus Ex HR, the K+M setup is really good, and feels much more natural than using a controller. Props to Eidos for a great control setup.

Top Bottom