• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

I'm really surprised how well the game runs especially with FXAA enabled...My 5770 is getting a slight workout but it's running quite good.

Love the game so much

charsace said:
The box does damage so of course the AI is going to shoot you. That's all I was trying to say. If you do damage to the AI its either going to attack you if it can or cower/run away.

yeah, I know, and my complaint was that's bad AI.

zoner said:
So.. This is a stealth game. I know they tried to say, like Alpha Protocol, 'you can play it any way you like', but it should be 'you can play it any way you like.. as long as you constantly hide'
You mean, you have to use cover and wait for your health to regenerate? In a current gen shooter? I am truly shocked to hear this.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
I know next to nothing about this game, but something about it feels like playing through it is going to be an event, like it was when playing through Bioshock or something, know what I mean?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lostconfused said:
You mean, you have to use cover and wait for your health to regenerate? In a current gen shooter? I am truly shocked to hear this.
Health to recover? No, dude. You can be at full health on normal, pop your head out and get instantly murdered. It has happened several times. The computer has hax aiming.

JohngPR said:
Just out of curiosity, what kind of framerate are you getting? I know we basically have the same rig so I was curious.
I'm not sure. Didn't have FRAPS or anything on but it wasn't 60 or close to it, probably around 30. I had AF set to "trilinear" instead of 16x so that one wasn't maxed I guess (not sure what the difference tbh). I had vsync off and used D3D overrider for the vsync and triple-buffering. MLAA on. It felt like it was over 30. There was some minor stuttering once in a while but I think that was streaming/in-game loading.

Blizzard

Banned
zoner said:
Health to recover? No, dude. You can be at full health on normal, pop your head out and get instantly murdered. It has happened several times. The computer has hax aiming.
Are you playing on the hardest difficulty?

Morn

Banned
zoner said:

This isn't CoD or Battlefield dude.

Zeliard said:
The art book is pretty awesome.
ieh3k8.jpg
On the bottom left on that desk, is that a tablet with a loading screen? :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Will I be able to run this decently with a Phenom II X2 550 and a 4870? Anyone running it with specs similar to these?

Zeliard

Gonna delve into it soon. Really interested to see how it plays with some of the major newer stuff added, like the radar and the detailed map. Exploration was a huge deal in the first game though I'm sure it's no different here since environments are apparently much bigger.

Drazgul said:
Man, do those exist in resolutions large enough to use as desktop wallpapers?

Not sure, I'd like to know as well. They're nice.

For some reason my tracking info hasn't been updated since it left the facility yesterday. Not looking good for being delivered today, usually have such good luck with release day delivery from Amazon.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Might be a placebo, but i feel the game runs smoother once i disabled triple buffering and just left vsync on.

No more noticeable stutters, just when the frame drops on populated areas.

GTX 260 here.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
zoner said:
So.. This is a stealth game. I know they tried to say, like Alpha Protocol, 'you can play it any way you like', but it should be 'you can play it any way you like.. as long as you constantly hide'
So it's just like Deus Ex, Thief, and every other similar game from "back in the day" that attempted stealth?

Honestly, the stealth in the original Deus Ex was pretty crap (which is odd considering the connection to Thief).

jackdoe

AwesomeSauce said:
Might be a placebo, but i feel the game runs smoother once i disabled triple buffering and just left vsync on.

No more noticeable stutters, just when the frame drops on populated areas.

GTX 260 here.
The stuttering is probably due to your HDD. Does it occur after you initially load or when you walk through doors or hallways that seem primed to be a loading transition? Because that's the cause of all my problems right there. My shitty HDD has finally met its match in Deus Ex Human Revolution. Not even the Witcher 2 killed my HDD like this game. Turning off vsync and triple buffering really makes a difference though.

aegies

Heavy said:
I'm in awe at the last 2 hours of my life. The game is unbelievable. I haven't even started the hostage mission yet (just got off the helicopter so it's starting now). I spent an hour at least just walking around Sarif Industries and finding all the little secrets, like the passcodes to a few of the offices, the grates, reading all the ebooks and emails... you know a game is god-tier when you have the desire to explore every nook & cranny and talk to every single NPC. The gun combat is great and I'm looking forward to trying out the non-lethal approach (that's the option I chose when he asks you lethal or non-lethal). Story's great, dialogue and writing are solid, voice-acting is solid, graphics are a little better than I expected based on the impressions I was reading... especially the character models. The tesselation or whatever's going on there looks really great. The textures on the models and helicopter are very sharp and nice looking. Some of the textures on all the various objects in the environment are not but that would have taken them forever to do. Got it on everything maxed with DX11 on @ 1080p. I really can't see any other game this year topping HR -- the blood, sweat and tears Eidos Montreal put into this for the past 4 years is on display in full force. What a rare treat...

/endmassiveblockoftext

Just throwing this out there - if you killed anyone in the tutorial, I think it precludes you from getting the no-kill achievement in Steam. I learned this the hard way on the 360 version.

hugejeans

Neo Member
In the UK you get this in the Augmented edition

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition Includes:
Bonus Mission
In-Game Automatic Unlocking Device
In-Game M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED)
In-Game Linebacker G-87 Multiple Shot Grenade Launcher
In-Game 10,000 Extra Credits to Buy or Upgrade Weapons
In-Game Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun
In-Game SERSR Longsword Whisperhead Silenced Sniper Rifle
"Making Of" DVD
Game Soundtrack
Motion-Comic
40-Page Art Book

Blizzard said:
I am only going to say this one more time, I sense that you will not enjoy the game. That is just a hunch on my part, judging from your posts, the fact that gameplay videos lower your level or interest, and the fact that the lack of appropriate security features in one area of a video game bothers you. Wait until a sale, or find another game. That is my respectful recommendation. :)
K, dude. I won't buy your precious game.

Can't wait to play it since I'm a fan of stealth and stealth options. Just wanted to hear more about the more unique aspect of this game

charsace

zoner said:
I'm not seeing the problem here. I played the preview on hard with a controller and mouse and had no problems stopping and popping on people. You just have to keep moving. There was one room in the first mission where there are a lot of computers and like four guys. I ran in and killed two as I entered the room, hit cover and continued to move around the room and gun people down. And this was without the health boost. You can kill everything if you're a little inventive in how you tackle a room and accurate.

With how often you're forced into 3rd person, I would have preferred the entire game be that way. Going from 1st to 3rd is always jarring in games.

charsace said:
So the AI should take damage and do nothing?

i'm sorry if english is your second language, but why would you even ask this question...why would i want the AI to do something opposite but equally ridiculous, in light of what I was just complaining about...

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
jackdoe said:
The stuttering is probably due to your HDD. Does it occur after you initially load or when you walk through doors or hallways that seem primed to be a loading transition? Because that's the cause of all my problems right there. My shitty HDD has finally met its match in Deus Ex Human Revolution. Not even the Witcher 2 killed my HDD like this game. Turning off vsync and triple buffering really makes a difference though.

Nah it's not that.

I noticed this slight jitterness in mouse movement when i just look around.

Seems to be gone once i disabled triple buffering.

charsace

Smision said:
i'm sorry if english is your second language, but why would you even ask this question...why would i want the AI to do something opposite but equally ridiculous, in light of what I was just complaining about...
Then what do you want the AI to do? Its obvious that the boxes do damage so they are weapons to the AI. Do you want the AI to keep tabs on how many non weapon objects hit them before retaliating? You say you don't like it and give no example of how you would prefer it to be.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
What an awesome improvement graphically from the leak. Lovin' it so far, I'm going stealth on DX difficulty this time around.

Zeliard

hugejeans said:
In the UK you get this in the Augmented edition

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition Includes:
Bonus Mission
In-Game Automatic Unlocking Device
In-Game M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED)
In-Game Linebacker G-87 Multiple Shot Grenade Launcher
In-Game 10,000 Extra Credits to Buy or Upgrade Weapons
In-Game Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun
In-Game SERSR Longsword Whisperhead Silenced Sniper Rifle

"Making Of" DVD
Game Soundtrack
Motion-Comic
40-Page Art Book

Augmented Edition in the U.S. doesn't get any of the bolded, at least the digital edition through GMG. But I'm glad about everything but the bonus mission if you get that stuff off the bat. Not a fan of these pre-order bonus items which give you an early boost.

charsace

Zeliard said:
Augmented Edition in the U.S. doesn't get any of the bolded, at least the digital edition through GMG. But I'm glad about everything but the bonus mission if you get that stuff off the bat. Not a fan of these pre-order bonus items which give you an early boost.
If you just want to shoot up the place you can keep all of that stuff. I sold it all.

Well my wife just went to Best Buy and picked up a copy of the Augmented Edition for PS3 with no hassle so I guess that's an option for anyone else who might be interested in getting it without a pre-order. She went to Gamestop first and got denied. Go figure.

The_Darkest_Red said:
Well my wife just went to Best Buy and picked up a copy of the Augmented Edition for PS3 with no hassle so I guess that's an option for anyone else who might be interested in getting it without a pre-order. She went to Gamestop first and got denied. Go figure.

Pisses me off I tried to have them upgrade mine to Augmented but they said no, I guess I understand because they ordered X amount but I should have just walked into a Walmart or Best Buy.

oh well standard edition 4 life

Enosh

fna84 said:
Still haven't received my code from my AMD video card purchase.
can you e-mail them for it?
I am getting a new 6870 "soon" (should have gotten it today actualy, but fuck the store I am getting it from -.-) and I have no idea if just the buying of the card allows me to get the game or do i have to buy them at certain retailers or something

duckroll

Is there a way to turn the tutorial prompts off? It's kinda annoying. At the entrance of the Sariff Building (from the inside) there is the QUESTS tutorial prompt which refuses to go away. It appears every time I step into the area. I've brought it up and skipped it manually so many times now. >_<

Top Bottom