• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Watching the Giantbomb Justin TV feed atm.

Wow Jensen's voice is Dark Knight bad. Let's say I keep trying hard to imagine he's trying to do Clint Eastwood.

Can't wait to jump into this though.

dream

deusex.png

This might be the first time I wish I had actually bought a physical copy.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Qatar said:
I'm playing this as an action game, the same way I play Mass Effect.
I don't know how to play stealthy nor I like it.
Patience and cunning. Of course, pointing the killing end of a gun at people works too, though that sounds insanely boring to me.

x-Lundz-x said:
Yeah, did you check behind the manual?
I took out everything. Just the manual and the S-E members registration card. FUCK. I expected a code from Amazon, but I guess I just got totally screwed out of DLC that I preordered the game for.

Daeda

thetrin said:
I took out everything. Just the manual and the S-E members registration card. FUCK. I expected a code from Amazon, but I guess I just got totally screwed out of DLC that I preordered the game for.

Best way is probably to mail SE customer support, explain it, and hope they give you a key..

Nelo Ice

Banned
dream said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3576538/deusex.png

This might be the first time I wish I had actually bought a physical copy.

pretty much the main reason i went with the standard edition off gmg
all extras wouldve been worth it if i got a physical copy

Buttonbasher said:
It's how the voice actor talks in real life.
If he's not doing a voice, then I'll just say I don't care for the casting.

Not trying to be an ass, I just found it a jarringly unnatural match to the character. I'm sure an hour in it'll stop bothering me.

I've had two freezes during the load screens, anyone else have this issue?

Seeing the other random issues others are having, seems like this needs a patch.

JohngPR

For those of you that ordered the Augmented Edition and are anal retentive like me when it comes to soundtracks on your computer having album covers, I found a good one online.

dehr_ost_cover.jpg

Echoplx

thetrin said:
Patience and cunning. Of course, pointing the killing end of a gun at people works too, though that sounds insanely boring to me.

If people love this game because it offers choice why are they so quick to condemn certain play styles?

(not targeting this at you, just sort of relevant and was curious.)

I love this game, I LOVE IT. Giving my stealth muscles a nice workout. The sleek art style is awesome and Michael McCann's music is just perfect.

I am feeling really really good about Thief 4 now. REALLY good

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
3chopl0x said:
If people love this game because it offers choice why are they so quick to condemn certain play styles?

I'm not condemning it, but walking in with guns blazing seems akin to smashing a safe with a hammer until it breaks open, rather than using the objects in the room to fashion a lock pick.

Bless those who find their own path through the game, but I don't really get choosing an option that completely lacks finesse.

x-Lundz-x

JohngPR said:
For those of you that ordered the Augmented Edition and are anal retentive like me when it comes to soundtracks on your computer having album covers, I found a good one online.]

Thank you, I will be using that.

charsace

Fine Ham Abounds said:

Wow Jensen's voice is Dark Knight bad. Let's say I keep trying hard to imagine he's trying to do Clint Eastwood.

I like the voice. And its the guy's natural speech. He isn't trying to copy anyone.

Eusis

The_Darkest_Red said:
That just looks kind of depressing to me. A PDF artbook? Ugh.
For some 40 page thing I don't mind that much. I'd just flip through it once and call it a day. Something like the Witcher artbooks though, that's what I'd really like to have physical editions of. The soundtrack is annoying since I had to set up all the files, but it sounds like they would've just stuck that on a bonus DVD anyway so whatever.

Also, thanks to JohngPR for the album art!

dream

The_Darkest_Red said:
That just looks kind of depressing to me. A PDF artbook? Ugh.

I mean, it was only $6 more than the standard edition and the whole thing weighed in at an unbelievably cheap $40.

It's just...seeing people talk about how great the packaging of their standard editions are makes me all sadfaces.

thetrin said:
I'm not condemning it, but walking in with guns blazing seems akin to smashing a safe with a hammer until it breaks open, rather than using the objects in the room to fashion a lock pick.

Bless those who find their own path through the game, but I don't really get choosing an option that completely lacks finesse.

all those pesky "options"

Daeda said:
On average, European sizes are slightly smaller than American ones. So if medium US barely fits you, you might want to go for large. When Im in the US, I usually buy the same sizes though, and since this is from a Dutch vendor, I think you'll most likely be fine by just ordering your regular size. But if in doubt, go bigger.

thanks! PMed you.

my parcels app on my phone says my delivery has arrived. so excite. im going to meltdown if there's a "be back in..." sign on the leasing office door. maybe i'll just have to find another way in... hack some computers, read some emails, get a free cup of coffee from the little machine they have, and get my Augmented Edition from the packages room. >8(

Holy shit I fixed my mouse acceleration problem!

I just connected by 360 controller and started the game with that. As soon as I loaded my save I disconnected the controller. The game prompted me to re-connect my controller and press A to continue, but instead I just pressed my keyboard's Escape key. The game switched back to KB+M on the fly and now I'm running around with snappy-ass mouse look.

Fuck yeah!

AEREC

Fine Ham Abounds said:

I think Jensen's voice is fitting of the character and I like it. But then again I dont have a problem with Christian Bale's Batman voice either.

Valravn

revolverjgw said:
I love this game, I LOVE IT. Giving my stealth muscles a nice workout. The sleek art style is awesome and Michael McCann's music is just perfect.

I am feeling really really good about Thief 4 now. REALLY good

There's stil hope for the stealth genre! Im currently sneaking through the police station and its trial and error for me; and its fun!

Philthy

thetrin said:

What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

AEREC

Baller said:
Holy shit I fixed my mouse acceleration problem!

I just connected by 360 controller and started the game with that. As soon as I loaded my save I disconnected the controller. The game prompted me to re-connect my controller and press A to continue, but instead I just pressed my keyboard's Escape key. The game switched back to KB+M on the fly and now I'm running around with snappy-ass mouse look.

Fuck yeah!

Thats pretty nice....I hate when games make you go into the settings and manually switch between K/M and Pad.

The only other games that I can think of that support this are GTA4 and Just Cause 2.

thetrin

BigJiantRobut said:
all those pesky "options"
Oh no, I don't like one option over another! Quick, everyone pile on me!

Philthy said:
What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
LOL

Now that's the only way to reply to my post.

PaulLFC

Steam keeps telling me it's "finished downloading" and I can't even play it until Friday :( is it updating or something? I've had it preloaded for a couple of days now at least.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Basically to sum up my first two hours. I feel liked I've played 30-45 minutes of content, but I'm two hours in. Its been running extremely well for my dated rig too.

thetrin

george_us said:
What it lacks in finesse it makes up for in explosions!
And to each their own! Again, it's just my opinion.

thetrin said:
Oh no, I don't like one option over another! Quick, everyone pile on me!

You mean like you and other people were piling on the guy who wasn't playing stealth?
:3

God, Jensen is such a douche (and I love it) but seriously,
everybody is hitting on him and all he does is stand there like a tool. Poor Malik! ;-;

BigJiantRobut said:
You mean like you and other people were piling on the guy who wasn't playing stealth?
:3

God, Jensen is such a douche (and I love it) but seriously,
everybody is hitting on him and all he does is stand there like a tool. Poor Malik! ;-;

He's more machine than man now, if you know what I mean.

Can't put my finger on why I love the orange and black theme of, well, basically the whole game, but I do. Really digging the minimalist art direction in this.

Gvaz said:
Is...is this a 4chan reference?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596946617987602519/F2B6FAC01C9E4CC0504A4D5CD96888D89C7A12C4/[IMG]
[IMG]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596946617987603772/990AD72480F5A158932BB5397256F812F53FFAD8/[IMG][/QUOTE]

Needs a fucked up triforce.

coopolon

Just patched, Hope it fixes the loading times.

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Wasn't really anticipating this game very much but suddenly the swell of hype (and some bad ass trailers) have gotten to me. Sure wish there was a PC demo so I could see how it looks and runs before I buy it in unrefundable, untransferrable format. #pcgamingpitfalls

BTW, I have a 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo, 3.25 GB RAM, and a GTX 460 (768MB). Monitor resolution is 1680x1050. Anyone have a sense of how it will run at native res?

I am playing it on a 3.6Ghz C2D, 4 gigs of Ram, and a 5870 1 gig and at 1080p. I am getting perfect 60 fps except when its streaming in the level using MLAA. So I would anticipate as long as you aren't going to try to max out aliasing you'll be fine.

that's the voice actor's real voice, albeit without the seriousness. if you watch the sound design diary video they talk with him a little.

EDIT: those with the soundtrack, is there a way anyone can properly name the tracks etc. and then submit them to the online databases? im pretty sure that as soon as i pop it into my machine it's going to be all "Track 01, Track 02" etc. :(

Haeleos

Just picked up the Augmented Edition on PC. Despite the Gamestop website saying: "Store Customers/In-Store Pick-up: A code with instructions on how to download your weapons and mission will come packaged inside your game." the preorder DLC does not appear to be inside the packaging at all. Did anyone else not get a code inside theirs as well?

Top Bottom