• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

charsace

Baller said:
I'm so fucking mad that I bought this game. I'd like to say that I'll wait for a patch but by that point I'll have something new to play. Ugh.

Back to playing my good games that work.
Maybe you have something installed that conflicts? What card do you use? What antivirus you running?

Teknoman

Baller said:
I'm so fucking mad that I bought this game. I'd like to say that I'll wait for a patch but by that point I'll have something new to play. Ugh.

Back to playing my good games that work.

Try again after the new patch that just hit. Exactly whats happening with the game? Crash at start up or random during the game?

Just received standard edition from amazon and it's currently installing. It appears they gave me both preorder content packs. I didn't ask for this.

FUCK YES

False alarm :(

How is the game running.?? Can I run it with all bells and whistles at 60 with a Phenom quad core overclocked and twin 5850's?? I think it's an older engine so It should keep the framerate fairly solid no?

Teknoman said:
Try again after the new patch that just hit. Exactly whats happening with the game? Crash at start up or random during the game?

Crash about every 5 minutes. I couldn't even get past the initial escalator ride (first minute of the game) without a crash. I had to disable DX11 to get past that part. I refuse to run this shit in DX9 as I can't use MLAA and the FXAA looks like shit unless it's on high, which gives me a lackluster framerate. I have a goddamn GTX570 anyway, I should be able to use DX11.

As for the background programs all the standard shit, MSE, D3DOverrider, etc.

Daeda

Baller said:
I had to disable DX11 to get back to that part.

Shounds like a driver issue. What card are you using? Id suggest try getting a clean video card driver install. Might fix your issues.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Baller said:
Mine crashes about every 5 minutes, get used to it.

This port is BAD.
I haven't had a single crash yet, honestly.

cackhyena

Daeda said:
The 4870 falls under the R700 series, which only supports Direct3D (=DirectX) version 10.1. Thus, it does not support DirectX11, nor any of the features DXHR uses such as Tesselation. I dunno why Civ5 said you supported DX11, but technically, thats impossible.
Huh, alright, thanks. Yeah, it always gives me the option for it and I figure why not. So i do it.

I saw you mentioned just re installing drivers on someones card. I'm wondering if I should do the same for my 4870? I don't know if going through the trouble is worth it to try and get this studdering to go down. I just don't know if my 2.4ghz 3gb ram comp is the issue, or some little niggling thing with my gpu. Ugh.

Teknoman

How much stronger is that card than a Radeon 4870? I cant use DX11 of course, but setting FXAA to high doesnt seem like it should be a framerate killer.

Baller said:
That was the first thing I tried.
It's definitely something on your end but based on what you've detailed and the measures you've taken I have no idea what it could be. Maybe try downloading it again? Or is your card getting too hot?

Ken

MarshMellow96 said:
How big is the box that the Augmented Edition comes in? Is it like a sleeve or huge like the Dead Space 2 one?
Only saw it behind the counter but it doesn't look DS2 sized. More like Gears 2 tin sized with the clear plastic outer sleeve.

Blizzard

Banned
Baller said:
Crash about every 5 minutes. I couldn't even get past the initial escalator ride (first minute of the game) without a crash. I had to disable DX11 to get past that part. I refuse to run this shit in DX9 as I can't use MLAA and the FXAA looks like shit unless it's on high, which gives me a lackluster framerate. I have a goddamn GTX570 anyway, I should be able to use DX11.

As for the background programs all the standard shit, MSE, D3DOverrider, etc.
I would also try it without anything running in the background.

Angst

Johnny2Bags said:
Just bought this off steam!! Go download go! Also i'm strapped for cash so i didn't get the augmented edition, but would love to eventually see the making of documentary. =(
It's on youtube already...

Teknoman

So does SSAO really not have any noticeable graphic effect in the PC version? If so, should I just turn it off and crank AF up from 4x to 8x? Or would there even be much of a visual difference at 1440x900?

Daeda

cackhyena said:
Huh, alright, thanks. Yeah, it always gives me the option for it and I figure why not. So i do it.

I saw you mentioned just re installing drivers on someones card. I'm wondering if I should do the same for my 4870? I don't know if going through the trouble is worth it to try and get this studdering to go down. I just don't know if my 2.4ghz 3gb ram comp is the issue, or some little niggling thing with my gpu. Ugh.

Stuttering might get resolved by updating to the latest driver version.. its usually what game companies test those cards on. Doesnt sound like a complete reinstall would fix anything though, so if you're up to date, youre asking too much processing from the game. Probably the RAM, 4 is recomendable on Win7x64 platforms.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MarshMellow96 said:
How big is the box that the Augmented Edition comes in? Is it like a sleeve or huge like the Dead Space 2 one?
It's about the proportions of a double DVD case, but it opens like a clam, and has a clear outer sleeve. Very well done box.

cackhyena

I'm on a 32 bit machine. I'm wondering if I should just stop now and have a smooth experience on a discounted 360 version in the future. Sigh

zychi

Banned
just to be sure, if i buy the retail version of the augmentated version off amazon, i can use the serial in steam? i'm waiting on my credit to come through so i can pick this up.

between this, xenoblade, madden, and gears next month, I think I'm set til uncharted/zelda.

sheesh.

golem said:
Mine is rock solid as well
glIjp.jpg

Daeda

cackhyena said:
I'm on a 32 bit machine. I'm wondering if I should just stop now and have a smooth experience on a discounted 360 version in the future. Sigh

What settings are you running on? For stuttering, its never a bad idea to scale it down a bit. Also, if you're using Aero on Windows, disable it when playing. The game seems to run much smoother when its turned off. With those specs, you should still be able to play on better settings than 360.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
How I knew this game was not fucking around -

Spoilers for first mission

Instead of going straight to the helipad I waited around for a while and explored the palce. Waited too long, hostages were killed because of me. Pretty cool.

Qwomo

K2Valor said:
How I knew this game was not fucking around -

Instead of going straight to the helipad I waited around for a while and explored the palce. Waited too long, hostages were killed because of me. Pretty cool.
Dayum, that's awesome.

Teknoman

Trying to negotiate with that guy was alot more tense than I expected. If you take to long to reply, he even starts to yell at you (which caught me off guard).

cackhyena

Daeda said:
What settings are you running on? For stuttering, its never a bad idea to scale it down a bit. Also, if you're using Aero on Windows, disable it when playing. The game seems to run much smoother when its turned off. With those specs, you should still be able to play on better settings than 360.
Oh, I never have Aero on. For the game, I have everything off except normal shadows, pretty much. Even lowering resolution from my normal 1920 by 1080 doesn't help. It's weird, because the first mission you take on as augmented Jenson, I had everything pretty solid. Hardly any studdering through the whole thing. Same way it was in the leak. Detroit just has awful studdering, though. As did the intro stuff.

Gvaz

Banned
You can actually still
save the hostages
and explore a bit in the beginning of the game. You come back afterwards so none of that stuff is going to go away really. Just explore all open rooms and get the hacked ones later.

Just got my copy. I bought the PS3 Augmented Edition, figured I would mention a few things to everyone.
1. The PS3 version makes no mention of using Bink video so the PS3 version may have uncompressed (or less compressed) cut scenes, like FFXIII.
2. The bonus disc that comes with the PS3 version is printed on a blu-ray despite the text on the disc saying its a DVD. Not sure what benefits that would have, unless the video content on it is in HD.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
K2Valor said:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that. I wanted to
explore every nook and cranny of Serif industries but it turns out that was a bad idea. I must have spaced when I was told that I needed to hurry. :(

Oh well, not my problem anyways. I'm only concerned with beating Purist ass.

Oblivionmancer said:
Enjoyed the first couple hours of the game, but had a really strange and frustrating issue where the ui would randomly disappear, sometimes during combat, and sometimes during conversations meaning I couldn't see what responses I was picking, or even what was available. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Seems like maybe my post got lost at the end of the page. Just not having any luck figuring out what's up with this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Solo said:
Man the quality of the cutscene videos is pure shit though.

Yep. It's jarring to switch from the clean and vibrant in-game visuals to the muddy, low res cutscenes. This seems to be a reoccuring problem in multiplatform PC games.

Teknoman

Teknoman said:
So does SSAO really not have any noticeable graphic effect in the PC version? If so, should I just turn it off and crank AF up from 4x to 8x? Or would there even be much of a visual difference at 1440x900?

Reposting the SSAO question. Remember seeing some posts about this when the game unlocked, but dunno if there were any definitive answers.

(._.)

Banned
something about this title doesn't feel like a deus ex game. will give more in depth impressions once I'm further in.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
DennisK4 said:
Damn that is a hefty laptop.

Does it get very hot when gaming?
Low to mid 80s under load. That's on stock factory paste, and I really need to get in there with some quality material. I'm just lazy, because I'm about to send it back to get a 6990M (desktop 6870).

Corky said:
So what was your course of action? Which one did you disable?
I need to do some placebo testing. I'll get back to you. I can say that the in-game v-sync causes me a terrible amount of stutter.

Not to turn this into a PC tech support topic but I'm still on Catalyst 10.1 drivers. I remember way back I tried 11.x and it felt slower on my 5770 so I switched back to 10.1 lol... time to upgrade?
Fine Ham Abounds said:
http://i.imgur.com/glIjp.jpg
lol cause his name is golem?

Top Bottom