• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

BigJiantRobut said:
Firin' up the game again just got me a 12.8mb patch. Anyone know what it is?

No, interesting as I had heard about a patch to expand the saves from 20 to 99. But beyond the initial Steam download to make the disc version run, I hadn't heard anything about a patch coming out today.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Haeleos said:
Just picked up the Augmented Edition on PC. Despite the Gamestop website saying: "Store Customers/In-Store Pick-up: A code with instructions on how to download your weapons and mission will come packaged inside your game." the preorder DLC does not appear to be inside the packaging at all. Did anyone else not get a code inside theirs as well?
Yeah, I didn't get a code either, and I ordered mine from Amazon.

cackhyena

shintoki said:
Basically to sum up my first two hours. I feel liked I've played 30-45 minutes of content, but I'm two hours in. Its been running extremely well for my dated rig too.
What is your rig's specs?

Swifty

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
that's the voice actor's real voice, albeit without the seriousness. if you watch the sound design diary video they talk with him a little.

EDIT: those with the soundtrack, is there a way anyone can properly name the tracks etc. and then submit them to the online databases? im pretty sure that as soon as i pop it into my machine it's going to be all "Track 01, Track 02" etc. :(
I'm listening to it on iTunes right now. The relevant track info tags seem to already be filled out.

Solo

Just about to retry the game after rage-quitting after the POS bugged out on me 5 minutes into the game.

If that happens again....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Daeda

shagg_187 said:
The references are so fucking amazing!!

Robocop reference! *bows*

Yeah that one's great

My favorite is the
Invisible War one.. its on the TVs in Heng Sha I believe

Solo said:
Just about to retry the game after rage-quitting after the POS bugged out on me 5 minutes into the game.

If that happens again....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Mine crashes about every 5 minutes, get used to it.

This port is BAD.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Three hours and no crashes here. Weird. Aside from the load times, which are way too fucking long, I've been impressed by the quality of the port.

Swifty

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
yessssssssssss you are a gentleman, sir.
Wait, I just double checked. It has the artist and album info but the track numbers are written in with the track titles. And guess what, the track number fields aren't filled out. :\

Great soundtrack though.

coopolon

Teknoman said:
Eh, havent had a crash yet.

Neither ahve I. Just timed my load times though. 32 and 29s loading a quick save from inside a level. That is on a 10k RPM drive (which I know is nothing these days with SSDs, but just to prevent anyone asking if I'm using a 5400 or something.) Port is amazing for me, especially performance wise, except of course for the terrible awful atrocious horrendous load times.

Edit:
Ricker said:
Damn...so I decided to go stealthy for the first mission but i`m not sure i`ll make it...it`s hard at first since the controls need a little getting use to...when you knock down a terrorist,you need to grab them to pull them out of sight quickly,got spotted 3 times already and had to restart....is it normal that the aim on the tranquilizer gun disappears when actually want to use it? lots of guards all over the place,stealthy is quite hard so far.(playing on normal)

The AI field of vision is pretty terrible which you can use to make stealth easier. You can basically be standing right next to them and they won't see you.

Ricker

Damn...so I decided to go stealthy for the first mission but i`m not sure i`ll make it...it`s hard at first since the controls need a little getting use to...when you knock down a terrorist,you need to grab them to pull them out of sight quickly,got spotted 3 times already and had to restart....is it normal that the aim on the tranquilizer gun disappears when you actually want to use it? lots of guards all over the place,stealthy is quite hard so far.(playing on normal on the 360)

iavi

No crashes since the initial few for me. FXAA being the culprit. My little old 8600 couldn't hang with the real fancy stuff.

Erebus

Just watched the whole "making-of" video that came with the augmented edition of the game. I haven't been this hyped for a game in the last couple of years.

Hate it that I have to wait until Friday to play DEHR. :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, I upgraded my stealth aug to the first 2-point upgrade thing that is supposed to show me vision cones of enemies. I'm not seeing this, on the radar or otherwise. Is there something else I'm supposed to do? Does it have to be activated or something?

Teknoman

coopolon said:
Neither ahve I. Just timed my load times though. 32 and 29s loading a quick save from inside a level. That is on a 10k RPM drive (which I know is nothing these days with SSDs, but just to prevent anyone asking if I'm using a 5400 or something.) Port is amazing for me, especially performance wise, except of course for the terrible awful atrocious horrendous load times.

Edit:

The AI field of vision is pretty terrible which you can use to make stealth easier. You can basically be standing right next to them and they won't see you.

Yeah even the mouse and keyboard controls (well once you set cover to toggle) are great.

Still trying to decide whether or not to turn off SSAO though.

Solo

My "crash" wasn't a crash so much as the game seemed to get hung up in the jump between gameplay and cutscene. Like I said, hoping not to get stuck there again.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
coopolon said:

The sad thing about the loadtimes is that they have turned me off from Deus Ex mode. I'm fine with trial and error, and frequent deaths, but the long load times inbetween reloads ruin it.

Everything else about the game is awesome so far, but it's definitely something that needs to be fixed.

Qwomo

Speaking of which, what's everyone's cover settings at: hold or toggle?

I'm on hold right now but I don't remember which one I preferred in the preview build.

Swifty said:
Wait, I just double checked. It has the artist and album info but the track numbers are written in with the track titles. And guess what, the track number fields aren't filled out. :\

Great soundtrack though.

ahh, so it looks like itunes also relies on users inputting the track names manually, and then just aggregates it all as more people start manually putting in. same for WMP, except WMP11 sometimes NEVER finds track info, even after months.

Have only played the opening hour or so, but I'm digging it. After my short stint of playing, I figured I'd check out the art book .pdf that came with my Augmented Edition (GreenManGaming order). So, I look in my Steam folder, and its not there :/

Did I miss something? I checked to see if I needed to download it separately, but nothing seems to indicate, that's the case.

Anyone else not getting their Augmented content?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Qwomo said:
Speaking of which, what's everyone's cover settings at: hold or toggle?

I'm on hold right now but I don't remember which one I preferred in the preview build.

Toggle. I remapped iron sights to RMB, since it's what I'm used to, and moved cover over to MMB. Holding MMB would suck, but with toggle it feels just right.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
On Kb/m, i can't seem to select certain items listed on my shortcuts with my number keys.

Also, how do you put away a weapon?

Thanks!

Qwomo

Snuggler said:
Toggle. I remapped iron sights to RMB, since it's what I'm used to, and moved cover over to MMB. Holding MMB would suck, but with toggle it feels just right.
Hmm, I'm tempted to try this. I distinctly remember remapping the ironsights key in the preview, maybe that's what I did..

Derrick01

Banned
I haven't had any crashes either after playing about 3-4 hours. I'm actually astonished that I can run it at 60 fps even with some dx11 stuff running.

coopolon

Snuggler said:
The sad thing about the loadtimes is that they have turned me off from Deus Ex mode. I'm fine with trial and error, and frequent deaths, but the long load times inbetween reloads ruin it.

Everything else about the game is awesome so far, but it's definitely something that needs to be fixed.

Yah, I really like how stealth feels, but if I want to play through it all non-lethal it will mean a lot of reloads, and at these load times it just won't be fun. But I can't really imagine playing the game guns blazing, that's just not Deus Ex.

Vustadumas said:
Have only played the opening hour or so, but I'm digging it. After my short stint of playing, I figured I'd check out the art book .pdf that came with my Augmented Edition (GreenManGaming order). So, I look in my Steam folder, and its not there :/

Did I miss something? I checked to see if I needed to download it separately, but nothing seems to indicate, that's the case.

Check the Tools tab on Steam.

I'm so fucking mad that I bought this game. I'd like to say that I'll wait for a patch but by that point I'll have something new to play. Ugh.

Back to playing my good games that work.

Zeliard

Vustadumas said:

Go to tools in your Steam library and it should be listed as Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition Bonus Content. Download size is roughly 1.5 gb.

ColR100

Are there any images in this thread of the Retail Augmented Edition goodies?

Not talking about those marketing renders before the game came out, actual first hand shots.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
No, interesting as I had heard about a patch to expand the saves from 20 to 99. But beyond the initial Steam download to make the disc version run, I hadn't heard anything about a patch coming out today.

An issue was found that caused some users to be unable to start the game on specific machines. Specifically, the presence of older ATI/AMD drivers, also on machines with NVidia hardware, would cause the game to crash on startup. This patch is a hot-fix for that particular issue. On top of this, it also increases the number of save-slots from 20, like on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, to 99.

Square-Enix, Eidos Montreal and Nixxes are committed to supporting this title and will continue to monitor for any further issues and provide additional patches in the future if required.

We hope this will help you enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

Hopefully we get a patch for the load times.

Gvaz

Banned
cackhyena said:
I'm wondering why dx 11 is in red and unchangeable for me. I could have sworn i use it on Civ 5 with my 4870.
Because Civ 5 has the DX10 api path in the code.

DX11 is somewhat backwards compatible but it makes sense why they did it (though I don't agree with it). DX9 was the "normal" build in order to keep a nominal coding level across all platforms, and then they added (the people who worked on the PC version) DX11.

newsguy

I'm stuck at work and I'm dying to play this game. I'm a little bummed about load times. Still debating between which console version to get.

Salsa

OH MY GOD i still dont have a key yet. Even with people telling me GamersGate has given them out a while ago.

Im gonna burn that place down.

Daeda

cackhyena said:
I guess I'm not seeing what you want me to see there. What am I missing?

The 4870 falls under the R700 series, which only supports Direct3D (=DirectX) version 10.1. Thus, it does not support DirectX11, nor any of the features DXHR uses such as Tesselation. I dunno why Civ5 said you supported DX11, but technically, thats impossible.

Just bought this off steam!! Go download go! Also i'm strapped for cash so i didn't get the augmented edition, but would love to eventually see the making of documentary. =(

Top Bottom