• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Gvaz said:
You can actually still
save the hostages
and explore a bit in the beginning of the game. You come back afterwards so none of that stuff is going to go away really. Just explore all open rooms and get the hacked ones later.

That shit was timed?

I thought it was just part of the script. HOLT FUCK!

Ulchie

Banned
Runs buttery smooth for myself. I5 2500K, 8GB RAM and an hd6950 2 GB not unlocked. All settings on max and everything enabled. Btw for those with stutter I would try enabling triple buffeting.

anddo0

K2Valor said:
How I knew this game was not fucking around -

Spoilers for first mission

Instead of going straight to the helipad I waited around for a while and explored the palce. Waited too long, hostages were killed because of me. Pretty cool.

I replayed half of the first mission because of this. I'm happy I did. :) However, I will not repeat missions/decisions from here on in (or at least I'll try not to).

SomeOneInaHat said:
The PC version of this game supports controller gloriously.

Also about the controls in this game...WHAT THE FUCK SHIT!
Clicking the right stick to aim down the sights & no option to move it to the left trigger?
In fact NO OPTIONS at all for controller re-configurations?

WTF?

zlatko

Banned
See You Next Wednesday said:
Also about the controls in this game...WHAT THE FUCK SHIT!
Clicking the right stick to aim down the sights & no option to move it to the left trigger?
In fact NO OPTIONS at all for controller re-configurations?

WTF?

No control options? The year is 2011, and developers still don't realize controller mapping should be a no brainer/standard for EVERY game at this point? :/

Deadbeat

Banned
Well it didnt take long to have more money than anything you can buy in the entire game. Selling weapons should have been balanced better. Infact you probably shouldnt have been able to sell weapons at all. Only other items like nades and ammo.

Almighty

I am enjoying the game so far playing stealthy this time instead of my usual running and gunning.

Just a quick question about the PC version. Does anyone know where the game puts the save files? I looked in the standard locations(ie My Documents, My Games, etc) and can't seem to find them.

cackhyena

Ulchie said:
Runs buttery smooth for myself. I5 2500K, 8GB RAM and an hd6950 2 GB not unlocked. All settings on max and everything enabled. Btw for those with stutter I would try enabling triple buffeting.
Wouldn't this make it worse?

Zeliard

Loving it so far. Just got out into the city for the first time, about to do the first couple side quests. Going non-lethal stealth so far; it feels nice since Jensen's movement is so smooth. The cover system ends up working well - especially moving from cover-to-cover - and I love zipping into a hiding spot a second before an enemy is about to see me.

That move where you can quickly move around the corner in cover makes it fun if you accidentally catch an enemy's attention and you have to circle around a piece of cover so he doesn't see you. It looks pretty cool too.

MJLord

This game has everything !
6074194031_582854faaf_b.jpg

Social

Gvaz said:
Anyone try using the saves from the leak with retail?

My leak saves were still in place but the final game didn't see them...

Played for 3 hours now, exactly the same as the leak so far. Maybe a few balancing changes here and there.

The game does a lot of things right, you can see that the devs were only limited by this engine.

- Aliasing problems
- stiff robot animations, especially during NPC interaction
- AI that's still about the same as it was back in 1999
- Very long loading times
- Models do not look that great, lip sync not that good

The game makes up for it on a lot of levels, still a great game that has heart and soul oozing out of it. Glad I preordered it. (VPN trick worked great).

It also runs great on my mid-end Nvidia card, i7 950 cpu with 12GB ram. Hooray for good PC ports!

coopolon

SalsaShark said:
im freaking the fuck out

i cancelled shit thinking i was gonna play this all day today

holy jesus fuck

Have you contacted them? They released the keys days ago.

I think I'm going to stop playing for now and hope when I come back to it in a few months they've fixed this loading time problem. Thank god for the GMG discounted pre-orders or I'd really be feeling burned right now. I do feel like this is a bad omen, I should probably cancel my Skyrim pre-order and stick to my new years resolution of only ever buying games for less than $20 (although DEHR was $23 after all the discounts!)

Gvaz said:
You can actually still
save the hostages
and explore a bit in the beginning of the game. You come back afterwards so none of that stuff is going to go away really. Just explore all open rooms and get the hacked ones later.
Wait... what? Holy crap I didn't know
you could save them, thought it was scripted that way
. Now I feel like starting over...luckily it's only the first mission lol.

Salsa

coopolon said:
Have you contacted them? They released the keys days ago.

green man gaming released the keys days ago, not gamersgate

fellow gaffer did get his gamersgate key yesterday though, and some people on twitter as well, but not me, who had the augmented edition since day 1. Its bullshit.

I contacted them through mail, the site, twitter, but no answer so far.

I used this gametutor thing where users get to respond questions, and it proved to be the most useless shit service since the answer i got was "the game is not out in europe yet, only north america" when in my question i clearly said that im from south america, not europe, so its not a regional thing.

Even then, the gaffer im talking about recieved his key even though he ISNT from america and he cant play the game till the 26, but not even a key for me.

I dont know man, what the fuck.

coopolon

SalsaShark said:

Oops, my bad. I read your earlier post wrong. Hope they get it to you soon, that really sucks.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
SalsaShark said:

fellow gaffer did get his gamersgate key yesterday though, and some people on twitter as well, but not me, who had the augmented edition since day 1. Its bullshit.

I used this gametutor thing where users get to respond questions, and it proved to be the most useless shit service since the answer i got was "the game is not out in europe yet, only north america" when in my question i clearly said that im from south america, not europe, so its not a regional thing.

Even then, the gaffer im talking about recieved his key even though he ISNT from america and he cant play the game till the 26, but not even a key for me.

I have got to give it up to GreenManGaming. Keys were released a good 5 days before. Had it pre-loaded and everything. They kept in contact with the base over the issues and most importantly. Prices are wonderful. Pre-ordered RO2 from them yesterday, already got my Key.

I honestly think they maybe getting me back into the Day 1 gaming. Just for the few select titles a year, Other other remaining would be Guild Wars 2.

Teknoman

Heavy said:
Wait... what? Holy crap I didn't know
you could save them, thought it was scripted that way
. Now I feel like starting over...luckily it's only the first mission lol.

Yeah,
I accidentally walked into the room where the hostages were. Kinda wanted to make that my first priority, but had no idea where they would be, aside from assuming maybe some locker room

Im going to try to play through this without reloading too much. Dunno if i'll replay it immediately after I beat it, since with games that rely on decision making, I usually try to make whatever decision i'd make if presented with the situation in real life. Problem is, that usually kills my ability to make drastically different decisions when replaying lol.

Solo said:
Really enjoyed the opening credits. Man the quality of the cutscene videos is pure shit though.

Agreed. Like somebody said earlier it's like that bink video shit that we've seen in some other games.

But damn that intro. Loving the music so much right now.

Teknoman

SalsaShark said:

Do they have a customer service contact number? I know we're in 2011 and all, but sometimes you've got to just do an old fashion phone call...if they've got a number.

Also as far as the music goes, its excellent, but for some reason the sound effects and everything else seems much louder than the music. Maybe its just my speaker/sound card setup...

Salsa

shintoki said:
I have got to give it up to GreenManGaming. Keys were released a good 5 days before. Had it pre-loaded and everything. They kept in contact with the base over the issues and most importantly. Prices are wonderful. Pre-ordered RO2 from them yesterday, already got my Key.

I honestly think they maybe getting me back into the Day 1 gaming. Just for the few select titles a year, Other other remaining would be Guild Wars 2.

I like gmg and used it before, but the same goes from gamersgate, so how would i know :/

makes sense when you scroll down on GMG's site and realize that they might work directly with square enix

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
foreveralone, what the hell? There HAS to be a GAF reference in this game. There HAS to be!

Anilusion

On this game's Amazon.co.uk page, it says that the UK PC version of this is region locked. Is this true, or is their information outdated? It's quite a bit cheaper there than in sweden.

Clevinger

canadian crowe said:
Sorry for the obvious question, but can I talk my way out of conflict in the game?

During certain parts, yes. But you can't strike up a conversation with any generic enemy or anything.

Branson

Ugh. I feel like restarting because of
The hostages in the first mission. Makes me mad I got there late because I was exploring the beginning place you start at.

bitoriginal

Fingers crossed Game in the UK break the street date and deliver this game tomorrow. I've got Friday booked off work, and it's a bank holiday weekend. Time to embrace my inner sloth and stock up on beer and weed. Roll on the end of the working week! Also, in the UK the Augmented edition comes with every unlockable, I take it this is not the case for the USA?

Top Bottom