• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Branson said:
Ugh. I feel like restarting because of
The hostages in the first mission. Makes me mad I got there late because I was exploring the beginning place you start at.

Holy shit...forreal? God-damn that happened to me too. I didn't know that was avoidable.

edit: oh well, that's what second playthroughs are for.

aeolist

Banned
RedSwirl said:
Anyone figure out how to deactivate all the logos?
The entire game under Steamapps\common is about a dozen files, none of them video files or anything easily editable like .ini

There's also a folder under username\Appdata\Local\dxhr but again nothing editable

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
fJpU0.jpg

this is already goty

lol I never thought of that!

Protip: The QR codes in game actually work. Go ahead, scan one of the boxes.

Macattk15

Hmm.

PC Load times for me are complete ass. 8GB of RAM too.

Also, I have no targetting reticle ... it is on in the options ... but it's not there. I've turned it on and off and on and off ... nothing.

Wth?

watershed

Banned
Sorry to ask again but I didn't get a definitive answer last time: Can the difficulty be changed ingame or am I stuck with the difficulty I choose when I start a new game? Thanks.

bob page

Just picked up my augmented edition from K-Mart. Damn this package is nice, you can tell they put a lot of care into it.

The free 8x10 poster from K-Mart is pretty sweet (not to mention the $20 gaming coupon).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
artwalknoon said:
Sorry to ask again but I didn't get a definitive answer last time: Can the difficulty be changed ingame or am I stuck with the difficulty I choose when I start a new game? Thanks.

You can change it at any time in the pause menu.

Daeda

TacticalFox88 said:
Okay part of the way through the game...what the FUCK is up with the low ammo? One bullet pick ups at times? WTF is this shit?

For someone with a Ninja Gaiden avatar, you complain a lot about difficulty ;)

On a serious note though, I had no trouble with it. Just explore to find ammo and try to be sparse when you're shooting. Aim for the heads, take your time to approach your enemies.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Well finally just got home and started playing, have to catch up to myself in the preview build.

Having a blast, one issue though that I don't remember having with the preview build is screen tearing.

I have a 4890 1GB and can't seem to get Vsync to work. Tried in game, forced through catalyst CC, and radeon pro. Still tons of tearing.

Any suggestions?

Teknoman

moop2000 said:
I'm surprised Tish wasn't eating watermelon and fried chicken during that convo. Fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, I get that she's homeless, but that was a bit much, especially looking at how they wrote the subtitles.

Exuro

Is the sound delayed for anyone? I thought it was terrible lip sync but firing a gun shows a slight delay in sound.

Also, moving around and aiming feels a little jerky. PC version.

TacticalFox88 said:
Okay part of the way through the game...what the FUCK is up with the low ammo? One bullet pick ups at times? WTF is this shit?

Have you considered increasing the amounts of ammo throughout the game? I mean, finding 1 bullet per weapon and 2~3 bullets per ammo pack seems ridiculous to me.

“Hehe, I was dreading this question.

But since I’m directly responsible for this, might as well come clean.

Yes we have considered it.

In fact, that’s how the game was for a good while; every weapon dropped by NPCs would be fully loaded.

Early playtesters wound up with hundred of bullets in their inventory and never felt the need to scrounge for ammunition. That was around the time the game was reported to be too easy.

So we did a loot pass for the whole game, drastically reducing the amount of ammo in the game.

When our next playtest session came around, two things occurred:

1- People were bitching and moaning about the lack of ammo.

2- The fun factor went up. Drastically.

Turns out that reducing the amount of ammo in the game forced people to stop and think. People started to “get” what Deus Ex was about. We saw a lot more exploration and creative problem solving.

We could’ve reduced the number of pickups instead so they could be full when picked up, but that would’ve meant having levels that are almost empty and bodies with hardly anything worthwhile on them.

With less and less time at our disposal, we opted to leave things as they were, deciding that having pickups with fewer bullets was the best trade-off we could make given the circumstances.

So now you know…”

Macattk15

Macattk15 said:
Hmm.

PC Load times for me are complete ass. 8GB of RAM too.

Also, I have no targetting reticle ... it is on in the options ... but it's not there. I've turned it on and off and on and off ... nothing.

Wth?

This makes me sad :( Can't figure it out! No reticle makes me angrrrrrrrrry.

I just waited near a minute to load my latest save ...

Teknoman said:
lol I never thought of that!

Protip: The QR codes in game actually work. Go ahead, scan one of the boxes.

What QR codes? How do I scan?

Gala said:
Wow! That dialogue-system after you got the social enhancer! Mind blowning *_*

Examples please.

Aselith said:
Did people get their bonus content codes for this from Amazon? I don't see it in my bonus items. How do I access it?

Probably an email will be sent to you with a code. That's how I got the bonus from Amazon in the past.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gala said:
Wow! That dialogue-system after you got the social enhancer! Mind blowning *_*
Yeah, I'm regretting picking the leg boost first over that. I'm hoping I don't miss too many opportunities before I have enough points to get it.

MechaX

Oh god damnit, I completely forgot that this came out today!

Quick GAF, how long is this game? That's going to justify whether or not I'll buy it for full price when I'm going out in the next 20 minutes.

Teknoman

Exuro said:
Is the sound delayed for anyone? I thought it was terrible lip sync but firing a gun shows a slight delay in sound.

That happens sometimes for me as well. After restarting, it seemed to go away...but it pops up every now and then.

MechaX said:

Quick GAF, how long is this game? That's going to justify whether or not I'll buy it for full price when I'm going out in the next 20 minutes.

An average of 25-30 hours.
More if you explore & read everything & of course you could speed run & ignore everything for a much shorter time.

Teknoman

See You Next Wednesday said:
What QR codes? How do I scan?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596946617981438789/23905DFB743B65D8B1BB13A170699A33A16A76FB/

I noticed it when I was trying to line up a decent shot in the first augmented mission.

MechaX said:

Its awesome, just get it.

Also man am I pleased with the gun, impact, and explosion sounds in this game.

Daeda

MechaX said:

I finished it in roughly 35 to 40 hours

Mrbob

Really early into the game...only about 45 minutes but the first thing which stuck to me is the music. Human Revolution nails the musical feel of the original game right off the bat. Hope it keeps up the entire way.

Morn

Banned
Going for a pacifist run. Does anyone know if killing a mech with a EMP grenade counts as a death?

Also
FEMA internment camps?
Someone has been listening to too much Alex Jones.

Daeda

You mean the bar codes?
How would you scan those, is there a equipment upgrade?

Those square barcode thngs.. you can scan them with your smartphone. The one you (might) have IRL.

The Stealth Fox

angular graphics said:
Have you considered increasing the amounts of ammo throughout the game? I mean, finding 1 bullet per weapon and 2~3 bullets per ammo pack seems ridiculous to me.
Have they said whether they're going to do anything about the PC load times?

coopolon

You mean the bar codes?
How would you scan those, is there a equipment upgrade?

With your smartphone in real life.

The Stealth Fox said:
Have they said whether they're going to do anything about the PC load times?

It's such a nuisance to me I went to their forum to read how they are responding to what must be a megathread of hundreds of people complaining. Instead there was one thread where 3 people had posted. So maybe it's not happening to everyone? I would recommend everyone who is having unreasonably long load times go to their forum and post about it so that they prioritize it appropriately.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, did the "Cloak and Daggers" quest bug out for anyone else? Double-T's disappeared, and I never got his part completed.

Edit: Wait, no, he's reappeared, on the floor above where he's supposed to be. Great. Can't reach him.

C22281F63918C2032E852ACCFA96DB9BDEE1C2D0

Daeda

MechaX said:
35 hours? Bought.

Just to elaborate: I spend a lot of time exploring, reading and doing all sidequests.. I think its 40 max and 20 if you dont care as much about that stuff.. Also, its very replayable. As far as singleplayer games go this one is worth your money time wise.

DTKT

Exuro said:

Yeah, there is so kind of delay. Not much, maybe .5 second but it still feels weird.

TheExodu5

Banned
Copying this over to my 240GB Vertex 3. 500MB/s gonna help those load times! (I hope)

Also, I hear this game has a triple buffering option. Good stuff! I'll be able to play gorgeous input-lag free vsync! Too many games force the use of triple buffering...drives me nuts.

Teknoman

Yeah I mean the square box with the smaller black squares scattered around. Scan em with your phone if it has the ability to do so in real life. Usually its an app you download that works with your camera.

ntb825

Gah! I'm having crashing issues on the PC version. It's crashed three times on me already.

The game runs great, though. I have EVERYTHING maxed out (DX11) in 1920x1200 and it's locked at 30 frames on my PC.

Q6600
5 gigs of ram
1gb 5870

No dice, the game runs atrocious. Disabled both the vsync and set the filter to trilinear and it still stutters like crazy.

The fps are actually above 50 most of the time, but when I turn the mouse it suddenly drops 5-10 fps which is what causes the "stutter." Shame. I really wanted to start on this game today, but I don't think I can play it like that. Going to have to wait until nvidia releases new drivers or Nixxes releases a patch.

This game is goshdarn incredible

my only two issues are that quick load ain't quick (20 to 30 seconds) and the mouse movement doesn't feel perfectly 'right'

otherwise this is above my expectations so far

and as silly as it looks, standing behind a guy waiting for your battery to recharge to knock him out is freaking tense. I don't want to use my stungun yet unless I'm really boned.

edit: I have the stutter too. I've already gotten used to it.

Tain

Is it just me, or does tessellation make the game look worse? At the very least, it gives me this weird flickery dotty effect on people's faces on my 580.

Shinjiru

Anyone else's PS3 beep then turn off and then back on when exiting this game? Not a big deal (I don't think) but it's the only game I have that does this.

Nevermind, it did that the first two times I played, but not since.

Really enjoying this so far.

Top Bottom