• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Regginator

Yo fuck this compressing. It takes way too much time, it even says "5 hours remaining", that can't be right. Can't I just uninstall everything and then download the 50GB from scratch? With my internet it would take me around an hour or so, much less than the indicated 5 hours for compressing.

Phionoxx

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/sQYWCAm.png[/img]

Uh - what is going on with Steam? Paused and re-started the download to get the last ~ 3GB and now its just utilizing HDD but not actually downloading the last of the game. Internet connection is fine, not in offline mode. Is it re-verifying the game?

Vuze

The Square Enix account system is confusing me. They have two different account types that both run on your same mail/pw combo but don't carry over info like nickname, bday etc in between them.

Steam is already linked to the first type, but Deus Ex GO required me to setup the second one so I can carry over the bonusses. Hope I eventually get the kits :(

Deadbeat

Banned
Dammit, they did that again?

It was the same way in HR, you could pick between stun gun and tranq rifle for long range and there wasn't a stun gun ANYWHERE. Figured they'd probably be better about that so I went with tranq rifle this time...

Well, at least I've still only played the tutorial.
In HR there was a stun gun right in the storage locker in the alley next to your apartment. You could get it pretty early on.

munroe

Only played a few minutes as I'm currently on my work laptop and it's chewing through battery life like crazy (didn't bring the charger back...) but already found one of those triangle codes in the immediate starting area, runs really well on my laptop too.

Regarding the GMG/Steam version, how do you access the ost sampler, novel etc?

Edit: Nm, found them in the steam folder

derFeef

Uh, I only played the tutorial but I do not like what I see here at all for now. The dialogue is quite bad "Jensen you fucking twat!" (or something siliar) as well. Hopefully the game is getting a bit better in terms of atmosphere as well. :-(

vocab

Uh, I only played the tutorial but I do not like what I see here at all for now. The dialogue is quite bad "Jensen you fucking twat!" (or something siliar) as well. Hopefully the game is getting a bit better in terms of atmosphere as well. :-(

stereotypical British dickhead is a modern video game trope. It sucks.

Regginator

Oa0FQ

Uh - what is going on with Steam? Paused and re-started the download to get the last ~ 3GB and now its just utilizing HDD but not actually downloading the last of the game. Internet connection is fine, not in offline mode. Is it re-verifying the game?

Same here, ugh. It's decompressing the 22GB into the entire 50+GB game. And it's slow as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Kyoufu

Not a fan of the missable trophies nor the rapidly depleting energy cell capacity over time. Why do takedowns cost so much energy? I've upgraded the energy regeneration/capacity augments but I still feel like Jensen is running on an iPhone battery.

CHC

Man this game is, pleasingly, a LOT harder right off the bat than Human Revolution was. They're throwing quite a large number of dudes at you and it's not like HR's first mission where you could conveniently just creep along in the obviously placed cover and never get noticed. This is definitely more of a challenge.

I'm doing a hit and run style - chuck a grenade, enable invisibility, then pick off the stragglers once the alarm dies down. The game feels much better to actually play than its predecessor ever did and the design of the first (tutorial) level is quite good.

mileS

How can you be surprised that 2 980's with SLI net you 60fps.. and then you go and call them old. These posts are absolutely ridiculous.

Holy hell is this game doing its best to create a horrible first impression. The keyboard and mouse controls are incredibly clunky and I find myself fighting them at every turn. Even after finishing the tutorial mission, I still haven't gotten used to the most basic interactions. Then there are the menus, which are incredibly counterintuitive. Getting out of a menu also always demands that you move your hand away from your regular controls to hit Esc. Loading a save where you're in cover makes you press space to start playing, and then that press immediately registers to make you jump over the cover, usually fucking everything up for you. Just seeing what something in your inventory does requires multiple clicks, and the shortcut keys are obtuse.

The fight at the end of the tutorial pissed me off. The game gives you almost no time at all to achieve your primary objective there, and then presents a secondary objective as if you're supposed to try to do it, but it's a red herring. Add to that the fact that you've got no vision, probably next to no ways to recharge your x-ray vision in the middle of the action, and that you're still trying to get used to everything, and that whole thing made me want to tear my hair out. I think I reloaded my save 30 or more times before I finally figured out that the game was tricking me into doing something I wasn't supposed to do (the secondary objective. Don't even think about doing it if you're playing non-lethal).

Then I got to Praha, and the GUI locked itself up when looking at the augmentation "wheel", forcing me to escape to the menus to reload a save again. I haven't seen a game with this clunky an UI since Fallout 4, and that game at least had more logical first person controls.

It can only get better from here, right? Right?

nOoblet16

Don't see what's so bad about it? I hear it all the time in real life.

stereotypical British dickhead is a modern video game trope. It sucks.
He's Australian as far as I remember.

Staf

Fuck off this game. Haven't gotten very far but they just replicated, in my opinion, the worst section in HR where you save Malik while her helicopter is swarmed. Fucking hate that mission and this one is even worse since it's in the middle of a fucking sandstorm so you can't see shit. Failed it three times now and it's stressing me the fuck out.

I'm going to bed and will pick it up again tomorrow evening after work. Fucking awful start to the shoe-in GOTY for me.

Arun1910

Love the game so far but at the start of the game I felt way too thrown in. So much was unexplained or so much was thrown in my face at once that the first proper encounter before the titles rolled just ended up pissing me off.

Good intro sequence but too much to learn and utilize straight away. Not to mention the controls are clunky.

This game seems to be unoptimized on everything, PC seems to have framerate issues and on PS4 its even worse, pretty sure im going to 15fps just walking around the HUB doing nothing.

nOoblet16

It's funny to see the reaction to the tutorial fight at the end, there are more things you can do than just the obvious..that's why I kind of like the Dubai mission because it gives you the tiny taste of player freedom and experimentation that the game is about in the tutorial itself. If it got you agitated then you'll just have to adapt and start thinking differently because there will be situations later on where you'll share the same opinion if you try to follow exactly the game suggests you to do and not look beyond the obvious. The fact is you can achieve everything in that mission, in a hard way and a very very simple way, the game implies that doing it the hard way is the only way hence making you guys feel frustrated.

Doing certain things will obviously be harder under certain circumstance, so if you want to ghost through and yet take everyone out then naturally that will be more difficult for yourself. You basically are trying to achieve something using a counterintuitive style, no wonder you find it tough.

Code:

Dafuq this is happening to me. I'm stuck in 19.9 gb out of 22 downloaded. And no internet traffic is being passed. Went for a surf and came back hoping for it to be done. Fuckkk sakeee

Lima

Love the game so far but at the start of the game I felt way too thrown in. So much was unexplained or so much was thrown in my face at once that the first proper encounter before the titles rolled just ended up pissing me off.

Good intro sequence but too much to learn and utilize straight away. Not to mention the controls are clunky.

This game seems to be unoptimized on everything, PC seems to have framerate issues and on PS4 its even worse, pretty sure im going to 15fps just walking around the HUB doing nothing.

Oh no this game doesn't hold my hand every step of the way. Pls halp.

Kyoufu

Fuck off this game. Haven't gotten very far but they just replicated, in my opinion, the worst section in HR where you save Malik while her helicopter is swarmed. Fucking hate that mission and this one is even worse since it's in the middle of a fucking sandstorm so you can't see shit. Failed it three times now and it's stressing me the fuck out.

I'm going to bed and will pick it up again tomorrow evening after work. Fucking awful start to the shoe-in GOTY for me.

I love how this mission is annoying everyone lol. I scratched my head or a while too until I realised the easy solution to completing it.

munroe

Dafuq this is happening to me. I'm stuck in 19.9 gb out of 22 downloaded. And no internet traffic is being passed. Went for a surf and came back hoping for it to be done. Fuckkk sakeee

Press play and another box will tell you its progress. Look at the disk usage, it's unpacking or something

Anyone listened to the OST sampler yet, some of those tracks are amazing

Staf

I love how this mission is annoying everyone lol. I scratched my head or a while too until I realised the easy solution to completing it.

I'm gonna turn the difficulty to the lowest and just run through it tomorrow. I can't remember being this pissed of at a game/section before. Probably because i've been looking forward to this game for so damn long.

Kyoufu

I'm gonna turn the difficulty to the lowest and just run through it tomorrow. I can't remember being this pissed of at a game/section before. Probably because i've been looking forward to this game for so damn long.

I'm not going to give it away but that mission is stupidly easy. You're just going about it the super difficult way.

Like, you could crank the difficulty up to "I never asked for this" and the process would still be the same.

As Nooblet said, the game encourages you to think of different ways to tackle objectives. Trust me, there's a really simple way of completing that one.

nOoblet16

Just take the lift down and explore the left side of the room..that's all I'll say. If you are still having trouble then ask here and someone will tell you what to do and you'll go "Oh that was it?"
You don't even need to turn the difficulty down.

I'm not going to give it away but that mission is stupidly easy. You're just going about it the super difficult way.

Like, you could crank the difficulty up to "I never asked for this" and the process would still be the same.

As Nooblet said, the game encourages you to think of different ways to tackle objectives. Trust me, there's a really simple way of completing that one.

This

Staf

Which is my favorite part of the series. The thing is i can't fucking stand to think of these different ways while people are yelling: "OH MY GOD I'M DYING, SAVE SINGH HE IS DYING!!!". It's stressing me the fuck out.

Kyoufu

Which is my favorite part of the series. The thing is i can't fucking stand to think of these different ways while people are yelling: "OH MY GOD I'M DYING, SAVE SINGH HE IS DYING!!!". It's stressing me the fuck out.

All I'm going to say is, ignore the sounds, mute it if you have to, then look at what your screen is telling you.

If you really want me to spoil the easy way to do it, let me know. You will laugh once you do it.

Staf

Just take the lift down and explore the left side of the room..that's all I'll say. If you are still having trouble then ask here and someone will tell you what to do and you'll go "Oh that was it?"

Cheers. Will try and remember this for my 10th try tomorrow.

nOoblet16

That's why you ignore them, it's there to make you feel agitated and it seems to be doing it's job hah. The trick is to become Adam Jensen.

derFeef

I let him die and then ran through it, almost dead made it to the chopper. Do not like those parts as well. Now I wanna know the easy solution though, if anyone can spoil it to me, haha.

Animator

Code:

Same here. I tried changing data centers and it didnt do shit.

Kyoufu

Easy way to do that Singh mission:

Just sprint to the helicopter and press square on the front left side of it. Done. lol

vocab

Fucking hate that mission and this one is even worse since it's in the middle of a fucking sandstorm so you can't see shit. Failed it three times now and it's stressing me the fuck out.

You need to relax. That part takes like 10 secs once you figure it out.

nOoblet16

I've done that part of the mission while ghosting and without killing anyone in 2 different ways and managed to save the guy.

From my observation what most people seen to be doing is stay on top with a tranquiliser and shoot people from there while being handicapped due to a sandstorm, you could use that sandstorm to your advantage.

Easy way to do that Singh mission:

Just sprint to the helicopter and press square on the front left side of it. Done. lol

Yep that, infact
Go from the left side and use cloak when near enemies to ghost the part. You can even casually walk there if you want to.

Top Bottom