• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

aravuus

Been a while since I've played HR, will the enemies I've put to sleep (with stun gun, takedowns, etc) wake up on their own at some point or do they only wake up if someone finds them and wakes them up?

Ruff

1 fps when I start the first mission after the tutorial o_O wtf, something is very wrong. I was getting 60-70 on mostly ultra before that

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I have a 1080 and 16GB of RAM alongside an SSD.

But my exhausted 3820 that can barely hit 4Ghz is gonna kill me, isn't it?

Simo

Been a while since I've played HR, will the enemies I've put to sleep (with stun gun, takedowns, etc) wake up on their own at some point or do they only wake up if someone finds them and wakes them up?

No they only wake if someone finds them and wakes them up.

If I liked HR, will I like this? talking strictly gameplay wise.

Absolutely. The game is a more refined and improved version of HR's gameplay with some new additions and tools to use. I love the new refined cover mechanic. I was worried it being mapped to L3 would give me issues but it's been quite intuitive for myself anyway and I like you don't need to hold X to move from cover to cover unlike The Division but still using the latter game's idea.

Deleted my preload and redownloaded but now all of a sudden the download has stopped at 75% and just shows no network activity. I am in hell

nOoblet16

The past week has been an absolute shit show on GAF when it came to this game, fuck you devs unfinished game, fuck you for DLC, fuck you for shit PC port, fuck you for feeding my cat, pre order cancelled..pretty much.

Now all of you will know how much of an overreaction that was...including the people who overreacted.

Lol

What am I supposed to do in the first mission, near ending I think?

These metalface dudes started attacking, and I get killed, because there's a lot of them.

For new page.

I went non-lethal.

Yeah this was a bitch to do, had to give up on my no-alert playthrough and just went crazy with my Tranquilizer Sniper. You have to be quick, took me like 10 tries. What made it harder was that asshole who kept dying.

Tecnniqe

Banned
SLI works wonders. Even on my old 980s :)

Maxed everything I could minus MSAA and its been locked stable at 60FPS

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/deusexmankinddivided0ywp7r.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/deusexmankinddivided0m7pgk.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/deusexmankinddivided07yoh3.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/deusexmankinddivided020po4.png[/IMG]

I'm playing on 'give me deus ex' difficulty. Is it normal for the mission waypoints not to show up in the environment and only in the map?

Simo

I still don't know how to use or access the Covert Agent stuff.

You get a tutorial message pop up early on explaining how to access downloadable content. Also you can get to it via the Options menu. Some of the DLC is outfits for Jensen so you can change his armor and coat with 3 different options for each.

What am I supposed to do in the first mission, near ending I think?

These metalface dudes started attacking, and I get killed, because there's a lot of them.

For new page.

I went non-lethal.
Jump down

Go invisible

Go around the right side without stopping directly towards the chopper and open hatch

-shadow-

I never really care much about filters, but that sharpening filter looks like ass!

DX12 is grayed out for me in the options, but my 1070 damn sure supports it. How do I turn it on?

I remember reading the game not supporting DX12 at launch, not sure if it was real though.

justjim89

DX12 is grayed out for me in the options, but my 1070 damn sure supports it. How do I turn it on?

With my 1070 and a 6600k, running the benchmark on Ultra gets me 30 fps throughout. Talk about a demanding game.

CHC

Man just started. Game looks outstanding but that lip syncing is like "are you kidding me" levels of bad. Oh well, everything else is good.

aravuus

No they only wake if someone finds them and wakes them up.

Perfect, thanks. I like to take my time around the levels, so I was a bit worried I might suddenly get shot in the back or something lol

Also I'm already running out of biocells lol. I know what I'm going to be spending all my credits and crafting... Thingies on.

Nephix

Game is glitched on PC for me ever since I started one of those hologram tutorials. :/
There's textures missing and stuff is floating in the air everywhere. sigh.

Edit: tried restarting the game, even tried starting from the beginning, still the same.

nOoblet16

Yeah this was a bitch to do, had to give up on my no-alert playthrough and just went crazy with my Tranquilizer Sniper. You have to be quick, took me like 10 tries. What made it harder was that asshole who kept dying.
You don't actually have to fight, you can easily ghost that on hardest dofficulty,
take the lift, just sneak and cloak your way from the left to the front left side of the chopper.

Dude above suggested jump down, don't do that...you'll alert others and lose the opportunity to ghost it.

eshwaaz

Man just started. Game looks outstanding but that lip syncing is like "are you kidding me" levels of bad. Oh well, everything else is good.

That makes me so sad. There are other games with tons of dialogue that have impressive automated lip sync; don't know why they couldn't pull it off here. It's the kind of thing that will distract me throughout the entire experience.

NeoRaider

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/deusexmankinddivided0ywp7r.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/deusexmankinddivided0m7pgk.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/deusexmankinddivided07yoh3.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/deusexmankinddivided020po4.png[/IMG]

What's wrong with the sharpening in this game?
This looks horrible. It looks like a 2012 game.

Ardenyal

Has anyone gotten the android app working? Mine just keeps giving connection error despite the website login working just fine.

You don't actually have to fight, you can easily ghost that on hardest dofficulty,
take the lift, just sneak and cloak your way from the left to the front left side of the chopper.

Dude above suggested jump down, don't do that...you'll alert others and lose the opportunity to ghost it.
Not true. I jumped down and didn't alert anyone.

Here's a video of someone doing basically exactly what I did: https://youtu.be/HJwdj3ENsFo

Tecnniqe

Banned
God those screenshots look good but that sharpening filter they're using looks like 100% ass, hopefully we can turn it off

I never really care much about filters, but that sharpening filter looks like ass!

I remember reading the game not supporting DX12 at launch, not sure if it was real though.

What's wrong with the sharpening in this game?
This looks horrible. It looks like a 2012 game.

You can turn it off, but its interesting to see how much worse it looks on SS than it does in-game.

But im still messing with settings, looks fucking A and never dipped below 60 yet. All good.

My Xbox has the Game + Desperate Measures downloading, but no Covert Agent.

This is what Xbox.com says I own:

eTw7vWj.png

I am assuming some of that stuff is the Covert Agent pack, but why do I see different thigns between console and website?
And clicking on the links ask me to pay, or says coming soon..What?
How many Praxis kits did you see in your Inventory's storage? When I booted up my game, I only saw 2 Praxis kits, not 4, 1 grenade, not 2, etc., leading me to believe that somehow some of the promised content isn't linked with my game yet. Trying to figure out if it's because one pack hasn't linked yet (as you're suggesting), or if it only shows up post-tutorial, or if there's a larger problem.

I did that but I guess I wasn't fast enough because that dude kept dying. Anyways I'll try again on my 2nd playthrough.

wait

CqkAJ6DWcAAT50k.jpg:large

ignore cyber hobo for a minute, though he is amazing

zoom

CqkBBptXgAAxqu8.jpg

enhance

CqkAq4mWgAAnYqn.jpg

it's the fucking mitt romney univision interview where he showed up with a weird fake spray tan

Omikaru

Is there any word on the pre-order bonuses being one-time use, or are they re-added to storage on repeat playthroughs? Would be shocking if they are one use.

CHC

Is there a way to turn off that silhouette that shows me if I'm crouched or not? I mean, I'm not an idiot, I know when I'm crouched. Don't need an icon to tell me that.....

Top Bottom