• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Angel_DvA

Bro it says in the menu when you select it that it can spoil the main game. When do you think you should play it then?

I just want to know if the DLC is some sort of prequel of the main game or if I have to finish it first before playing it... In ME3, Day One DLC From Ash was really important to start with ( I guess )

Thanks though.

stealth is certainly not that fun here, especially in the first level. Trying to take dudes out with sniper rifle at helicopter, must have died like 10 times now. Shits weak. Pretty much gonna say fuck it and start mowing everyone down.

Just rush to the helicopter using camo and cover. You can complete both objectives then without killing anyone.

Deadbeat

Banned
Actor went nuts, or at least gave that impression. Posted videos going on about the illuminati and aliens. Lol
Someone on another forum (4chan iirc) posted collages of the crazy stuff he was saying on Facebook and other places. If the dude was joking, he sure played the part for a long time.

Most depressing thing about the game so far is I guess since when you can talk to
Sarif you can mention what Pritchard is up to, but not Malik so I guess her dying is canon *sigh*.

Uhhhh... Are there supposed to be enemies in the library during the first mission? I can hear the voices of enemies all around me. I think they all spawned under the floor because that's were the smart vision shows them lol.

BashNasty

Who else is going full "kill 'em all" playthrough? That's what I did in HR and that's what I've been doing here so far.

I know that a lot of people don't seem to like playing that way, but I've never really understood why. Killing everything, particularly in a game where you're not really supposed to do that is really really fun.

SkylineRKR

Most depressing thing about the game so far is I guess since when you can talk to
Sarif you can mention what Pritchard is up to, but not Malik so I guess her dying is canon *sigh*.

This sucks, it was the hardest part of HR on my build. I also played on hardest difficulty.

It took me well over 10 tries I think, but I wanted to succeed.

Window

I am not sure I follow your logic here. I trusted the game to give me options but it seems like there is only one way and that is found out by trial and error. I would not applaud the game for giving you, what you think at least, choice - if there actually is none.

Most men aren't capable of seeing beyond the choice in front of them.

Just quoting The Missing Link. I don't know how well this particular scenario has been implemented.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Fuck yeah, finally managed to stealth all those guys in the
sandstorm
. Ahh sweet victo...*hard crash to desktop*

Yeah, I think I'm gonna wait for a patch before playing more.

Floody

Who else is going full "kill 'em all" playthrough? That's what I did in HR and that's what I've been doing here so far.

I know that a lot of people don't seem to like playing that way, but I've never really understood why. Killing everything, particularly in a game where you're not really supposed to do that is really really fun.

Trying a pacifist run through first, but I'll almost definitely fuck it up at some point and go on a killing spree.

Moff

question for an early prague sidequest

is there a nonlethal way to dispose of dathomir, the corrupt cop with the fake permits?
I asked the forger girl about a non lethal way and she mentioned the female cop, I did that but then the cops killed him, is there no real non lethal way?
is my non lethal achievement now gone?

SkylineRKR

Uhhhh... Are there supposed to be enemies in the library during the first mission? I can hear the voices of enemies all around me. I think they all spawned under the floor because that's were the smart vision shows them lol.

3 at the top floor. I went through the third floor window. Never visited lower floors.

is there a nonlethal way to dispose of dathomir, the corrupt cop with the fake permits?
I asked the forger girl about a non lethal way and she mentioned the female cop, I did that but then the cops killed him, is there no real non lethal way?

idk. I did it the same way and perhaps it has no influence as I don't do shit here?

CHC

Actor went nuts, or at least gave that impression. Posted videos going on about the illuminati and aliens. Lol

Sounds like he would have been perfect then. But really, they should have just bitten the bullet and gotten him in the studio, no matter how awkward. Or at least had only Sarif emails. It's really jarring just because his voice was so singular and memorable.

Major points lost, Eidos!

Lima

I'm doing a mix for my first exploring playthrough. I will certainly not let the achievements dictate my playstyle. I will mop them up with additional playthroughs.

I did the same but I don't think there's anything else you can do. Adam didn't
actually kill him
so I don't think it would effect that trophy/achievement.

ymgve

Actually found out why I wasn't able to use weapons or throw things. Those things get disabled by the game when you go in to fix your augs, and if you leave the way you came instead of following the quest markers through the sewers, they won't get enabled again.

sirap

Okay, this definitely lives up to the Deus Ex name. Just found out that you could protect Singh by
tranqing his ass.

Why the fuck are there 3 more gigs added to steam. The patch wasn't part of the preload?! Now I have to sit here and wait for this shit to download. Grrrrrrr.

sirap

I tried that and got an instant mission failure. No idea why it worked for you and not for me.

Instantly? That's weird, I did that at least 4 times (hard mode is hard) and it worked every time.

I could see that objective failing if he died from crossfire, but that's never happened before.

nOoblet16

I am not sure I follow your logic here. I trusted the game to give me options but it seems like there is only one way and that is found out by trial and error. I would not applaud the game for giving you, what you think at least, choice - if there actually is none.
It's choice to not trust the game and there is always a choice even when it seems like there is none...the developers repeatedly mention this in their dev commentary in Human Revolution that due to how most games are gamers are accustomed to everything being laid out in front of them, they even wrote dialogues and mission detail for one of the missions that implies this, and even Warren Spector talks of this when he talks about what he wanted to make with Deus Ex 1.

That's the entire point of immersive sim, to think outside of the box and solve ingame situations using meta thinking. You aren't limited in the sense that in real world someone can make it seem like you can only so a thing one way but if you observe you can figure out another way and it works. You are told to go meet someone to get something but you might have already gone there and gotten that thing before you are even asked, you wouldn't know that there's an important thing waiting in there for you because there was no mission marker to tell you it's important so unless you were crazy about exploration you'd never be able to figure it out. Or you can accidentally meet an important character early on without realising they are important and you can kill them which can lead to their story never progressing but the game won't tell you that you killed someone important, instead it just goes on and the player has to play with those consequences. That's what makes immersive sims impressive and different from other games...that such a thing is possible.

Saying it's trial and error because the game didn't tell you is like saying Dark Souls is trial and error.

I kind of think the opening mission gives a bad impression of the game (at least for me)

When it's like "oh yeah, pick your own shit for your own playstyle" it's way more satisfying. I get it, but still. All points into battery and active camo LET'S GO

I don't care at all about nonlethal but I don't really see any reasoning for doing kills rather than takedowns. I assume maybe they're a bit more brutal (and they can't get woken up) but who cares? (that said if he does some gnarly shit with his iconic wristblades I may have to rethink my approach)

Wasn't really feeling the game at first but once I started getting side quests and seeing what you can do in the world (just exploring restricted zones and killing gang fools) I am very much looking forward to the rest of my time with the game

Vic_Viper

Anyone know how to holster your weapon on PS4? I know your supposed to hold square and press L2. But it doesnt seem to work for me. I have to go into the weapon wheel and unequip and reequip my weapon every single time and its super annoying not being able to holster it like it says too.

Floody

Anyone know how to holster your weapon on PS4? I know your supposed to hold square and press L2. But it doesnt seem to work for me. I have to go into the weapon wheel and unequip and reequip my weapon every single time and its super annoying not being able to holster it like it says too.

L2+Square works for me, press them at pretty much the same time if you aren't, you can also hold triangle and just click it. I'm using the standard (think that what it was called) control scheme.

Simo

Tap square and then press L2 quickly.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Game still crashing in Praha, even after doing all the stupid "Settings to low, Subtitles off" stuff. Fucking hell.

But the game never gives anything to let you predict that because it keeps asking me to protect Singh...it's ad game design.

What do you expect? A big "HEY, MAYBE TRY TRANQING THIS DUDE" message popping up? Try things out, see if they work. That's why the game has a save feature. This isn't Dark Souls.

It's sensitive and stupid. I kind of got the hang of it in the shooting range but yea

You hold and quickly press L2 to holster. Quickly hold and press R2 to switch to your last gun

If you hold too long (aka not instantly) before pressing it brings up the weapon menu lol

CHC

The world feels much more organic than in Human Reolvution. I love the old architecture retrofitted with cyberpunk clutter, and the layout of the interiors and streets is much more winding and interconnected - reminds me more of Dishonored than Human Revolution.

So I like the new cover system a lot, but it seems really finicky. Like, I often have to press the cover button twice for it to activate. Anybody else had this problem?

sirap

Game still crashing in Praha, even after doing all the stupid "Settings to low, Subtitles off" stuff. Fucking hell.

What do you expect? A big "HEY, MAYBE TRY TRANQING THIS DUDE" message popping up? Try things out, see if they work. That's why the game has a save feature. This isn't Dark Souls.

Yup. Saving should be your best friend in this game. Playing on the hard also forces you to be creative especially on a pacifist run. I found out you could pick up exploding barrels and throw it at the helicopter from far away and still destroy it.

Hey guys, I don't normally do this, but I'm pretty proud of this one, so what the heck! I voiced and mo-capped Singh. Hope you guys figure out a reliable way to save him. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but hell if I'm gonna let myself die :(

#SaveSingh

Top Bottom