• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

nOoblet16

Is there a way to turn off that silhouette that shows me if I'm crouched or not? I mean, I'm not an idiot, I know when I'm crouched. Don't need an icon to tell me that.....
It pops up and fades away no?
You'd be surprised the amount if time I didn't realise I was crouched and as such couldn't make a jump...usually happens when I am climbing.

aravuus

Okay so about the ghost thing, which I assume means 'don't get spotted during the mission' - does it count as getting seen when someone catches a glimpse of you and gets the question mark on their head, or do you actually have to alert someone (exclamation mark)?

Because I've already reloaded my quick save too many times on the first mission lol

Is there any word on the pre-order bonuses being one-time use, or are they re-added to storage on repeat playthroughs? Would be shocking if they are one use.

Had a couple of "elite" weapons I could transfer to my inventory, it said I can't use them on other saves than this. Fucking hilarious, I know.

Slixshot

Banned
wait

CqkAJ6DWcAAT50k.jpg:large

ignore cyber hobo for a minute, though he is amazing

zoom

CqkBBptXgAAxqu8.jpg

enhance

CqkAq4mWgAAnYqn.jpg

it's the fucking mitt romney univision interview where he showed up with a weird fake spray tan

Holy shit.

josh924

Banned
My Xbox has the Game + Desperate Measures downloading, but no Covert Agent.

This is what Xbox.com says I own:

eTw7vWj.png

Registering on the SE site only gave me one code. I redeemed it on the Smartglass app for some stupid reason (even though my XB1 was on and was all of 10 feet away from me), but when I redeemed it, it said that my stuff was ready and to go to the Xbox Store. When I checked the Xbox Store from my XB1, I noticed that I was entitled to the Desperate Measures DLC, but I don't see the Cover Agent pack anywhere.

Also, in your pic, isn't the Covert Agent pack the second item from the left on the second row or is that something else?

SlickVic

The Day One edition bonuses are kinda neat. A novella story, a comic (albeit a short one), and an art book (all digital). I'm not expecting much from the bonus story mission, but it's a decent variety of stuff. It's also nice all this content is there for all copies/boxes marked 'Day One Edition' and not just for those who preordered.

nOoblet16

Okay so about the ghost thing, which I assume means 'don't get spotted during the mission' - does it count as getting seen when someone catches a glimpse of you and gets the question mark on their head, or do you actually have to alert someone (exclamation mark)?

Had a couple of "elite" weapons I could transfer to my inventory, it said I can't use them on other saves than this. Fucking hilarious, I know.
Question mark is suspicious, it's ok for ghost. But if you try to take them out from the front or side (even with a stun gun) then they go hostile which means you are detected and ghost is nullified at that point. Sometimes even if you take then out from their back while they are suspicious they will go hostile and it'll nullify ghost.

As a general rule question mark is ok, but exclamation mark isnt...even if you kill then quietly or kill them after they are stunned.

CHC

It pops up and fades away no?
You'd be surprised the amount if time I didn't realise I was crouched and as such couldn't make a jump...usually happens when I am climbing.

Yeah it does it's just really silly to see when I'm crouched. And I looked - unfortunately you can't turn it off. I disabled every single UI element to see, but unfortunately that one still remains. Hopefully a patch will allow for it to be disabled.

aravuus

Question mark is suspicious, it's ok for ghost. But if you try to take them out from the front or side (even with a stun gun) then they go hostile which means you are detected and ghost is nullified at that point. Sometimes even if you take then out from their back while they are suspicious they will go hostile and it'll nullify ghost.

As a general rule question mark is ok, but exclamation mark isnt...even if you kill then quietly or kill them after they are stunned.

Figured this would be the case, thanks for the confirmation! I wasn't gonna pay it much attention at first, but I have to say, going for a non-lethal ghost run is pretty exhilarating. Might aim to do just that for every main mission.

Is breach mode on PS4 constantly locking up the game for anyone else? its the 3rd time i have clicked on it and it locks up in the cutscene where you put the helmet on

I am over 10 hours in and haven't seen a stun gun once! I have ammo for it though.

Dammit, they did that again?

It was the same way in HR, you could pick between stun gun and tranq rifle for long range and there wasn't a stun gun ANYWHERE. Figured they'd probably be better about that so I went with tranq rifle this time...

Well, at least I've still only played the tutorial.

It was the same way in HR, you could pick between stun gun and tranq rifle for long range and there wasn't a stun gun ANYWHERE. Figured they'd probably be better about that so I went with tranq rifle this time...

TF29...

nOoblet16

Figured this would be the case, thanks for the confirmation! I wasn't gonna pay it much attention at first, but I have to say, going for a non-lethal ghost run is pretty exhilarating. Might aim to do just that for every main mission.

Yea non lethal ghost is tough, it's easier if you don't refrain from killing plus a lot easier if you do in in NG+. The simplest way to get this trophy would be to try it in NG+ with no apprehension about killing and only do the main missions and keep the pacifist and competitionist run for the first playthrough. You'd be surprised to see how many things you miss when you are careful about both not being seen and not killing anyone.

nOoblet16

I am over 10 hours in and haven't seen a stun gun once! I have ammo for it though.

No they didn't you can find both in the game lying around everywhere.
You can get a stun gun within the first hour, you can find it at the end of Side Mission 00...you can also find them in TF29 HQ.

Neither are rare and I'm honestly surprised that you haven't found a stun gun in 10 hours.

idonteven

stuck for 2 hours now..need to hack a door but i cant and i searched everywhere and no other place to get up the building... im stacking barrels now in hope i can use them to get higher

nOoblet16

stuck for 2 hours now..need to hack a door but i cant and i searched everywhere and no other place to get up the building... im stacking barrels now in hope i can use them to get higher

Which place? Maybe I can help.

Stacking up barrels will work too btw if you want to reach high ground.

Registering on the SE site only gave me one code. I redeemed it on the Smartglass app for some stupid reason (even though my XB1 was on and was all of 10 feet away from me), but when I redeemed it, it said that my stuff was ready and to go to the Xbox Store. When I checked the Xbox Store from my XB1, I noticed that I was entitled to the Desperate Measures DLC, but I don't see the Cover Agent pack anywhere.

Also, in your pic, isn't the Covert Agent pack the second item from the left on the second row or is that something else?
Am I supposed to get a code for the in-game items? I registered on S-E and only got this:
NG0s6uK.png

No code...no sign of extra downloads.

nOoblet16

cant hack the door you see on the left because my level is to low and i cant find anything else that can get me up

deusex_mankinddivided3mjzy.png

Do you have Icarus Dash?
And I am pretty sure there is a vent somewhere.
Try to search around the floor. But your stacking trick will work too.

Fur future reference I recommend you keep a multitool or enough crafting parts for one at all times if your hacking level is low.

There's a weird bug I'm encountering where the "Space to continue" input is registering once the game resumes and it causes me to jump out of cover on my auto-saves.

idonteven

Do you have Icarus Dash?
And I am pretty sure there is a vent somewhere.
Try to search around the floor. But your stacking trick will work too.

Fur future reference I recommend you keep a multitool or enough crafting parts one at all times if your hacking level is low.

After Mission 5 in main campaign.

forgot i had a multitool ! thanks

Glass

Well, this game is absolutely gorgeous. Compressed online footage hasn't done it justice.
Currently examining and rotating every item I pick up in the inventory, great designs going on.

Staf

Played about an hour or so now and i'm still in Dubai. I hope you leave soon because that area is fucking boring. Don't like the bland brown color, and boring level structure. I still love it to bits but HR opening was miles better.

nOoblet16

Played about an hour or so now and i'm still in Dubai. I hope you leave soon because that area is fucking boring. Don't like the bland brown color, and boring level structure. I still love it to bits but HR opening was miles better.

You shouldn't be spending that long in that area, it should last no more than 30-40 mins because there isn't much to do there.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
After Mission 5 in main campaign...if you wait until the end you'll get bored with that mission
That's sooooooooo stupid. Almost like what they did with Missing Link in original HR. Why can't they just add it to the main campaign? I hate stuff like this. It's like you reading a comic and pages from 6 to 8 is missing and you have to buy (or get) mini comic to read them after page 5, and then continue reading the main comic at page 9. Who thought that this is a good idea!? Well, IT'S NOT! 8[

You'll get another email soon with the code.
They sent me two, one like the picture you posted and the other hand the code.
Ahhh, thanks. I haven't received either email yet, that's just what's on the Square membership site for me. Did it take a long time? I registered 4-5 hours ago, I'd say.

nOoblet16

That's sooooooooo stupid. Almost like what they did with Missing Link in original HR. Why can't they just add it to the main campaign? I hate stuff like this.

Cause it's a throwaway mission, probably got shafted for being sub par but then released it to please Eidos for their pre order bonus.

Ahhh, thanks. I haven't received either email yet, that's just what's on the Square membership site for me. Did it take a long time? I registered 4-5 hours ago, I'd say.

I got my game last week, so it took about two days for me to get it, I assume it was because they weren't sending out the codes back when I registered. But I did get both of them together

nOoblet16

I know, i like to take my time check every corner in these games.

I actually meant 30-40 minutes even after checking every corner, there are only three extra rooms that you can visit that divert from the main path, and two of them are on top of each other.
If you don't then that mission can be done in 10 minutes at most hah.

malfcn

Yes, Convert Agent is shown on the website. But not on my Xbox. Linked my Xbox and SQEX accounts in hope that helps.

Nope.

Still one code on their site, and only same one in email.

You have to alert them to miss that "ghost" marking. Them becoming merely suspicious won't hurt you I think

Staf

I actually meant 30-40 minutes even after checking every corner, there are only three extra rooms that you can visit that divert from the main path, and two of them are on top of each other.
If you don't then that mission can be done in 10 minutes at most hah.

Ok, fine! I suck. Happy? :(

nOoblet16

Where's the satellite to disable for the optional-objective in the tutorial mission?

It's in a 1st floor room (2nd floor if you are American) to the right of you halfway through the final hallway. The room has a spiral staircase that leads down to another room...you can see it on the map. The final hallway is the one where you have this courtyard like area with numerous scafoldings (you approach this after you get the 3rd VR tutorial thing).

Tovarisc

Hmm... Do I need do some S-E website stuff to get pre-order gear into apartment on PC? I have access to jackets and armors tho, but not other stuff.

nOoblet16

Hmm... Do I need do some S-E website stuff to get pre-order gear into apartment on PC? I have access to jackets and armors tho, but not other stuff.

Dont think so, master race gets it from the start.

Speaking of pre-rendered cut scenes: you get one for using the goddamn shower in your apartment. Lmao.

Yup, looks like it!

I think anytime they have to animate something even relatively complex and different from usual stuff they do it prerendered because their rigging system is obviously bad.

Top Bottom