• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

munroe

Cause the original went cray cray

But the game never gives anything to let you predict that because it keeps asking me to protect Singh...it's ad game design.

It's like in the original Deus ex, you were given an objective, NPC's might suggest paths you could take but ultimately it was down to you to how to complete the objective, it may not even be the suggested path at all.

Players should just try something instead of being told what to do.

sirap

Hey guys, I don't normally do this, but I'm pretty proud of this one, so what the heck! I voiced and mo-capped Singh. Hope you guys figure out a reliable way to save him. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but hell if I'm gonna let myself die :(

#SaveSingh

Nice.

I saved your ass by putting you to sleep. Gonna reload and see if I can knock you out instead lol.

malfcn

Keep reloading the first big battle because I can't see shit and something fails.

I have to keep hearing this dude sound like he's about to die.

Game is slick though.

Wow, the actor is above!

Hey guys, I don't normally do this, but I'm pretty proud of this one, so what the heck! I voiced and mo-capped Singh. Hope you guys figure out a reliable way to save him. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but hell if I'm gonna let myself die :(

#SaveSingh

It took me seven tries because I kept trying to knock out everyone nonlethally, but I did it dude.

Putty

#SaveSingh
I murdered you to death, then killed you.

SkylineRKR

#SaveSingh

I did it man. Went past the left, took out an enemy, punched Singh in the face and then disabled the heli.

nOoblet16

Game still crashing in Praha, even after doing all the stupid "Settings to low, Subtitles off" stuff. Fucking hell.

What do you expect? A big "HEY, MAYBE TRY TRANQING THIS DUDE" message popping up? Try things out, see if they work. That's why the game has a save feature. This isn't Dark Souls.
Your sarcasm detector is broken.

nOoblet16

#SaveSingh
Singh is King

#SaveSingh

I got you fam. Just rushed that chopper and ripped out the engine

Nephix

Uhh, so my augmentation wheel is suddenly empty and pressing F1, F2 etc. doesn't activate any augs even though I have them; is there any way to reassign the augs?

Vuze

Fuck off this game. Haven't gotten very far but they just replicated, in my opinion, the worst section in HR where you save Malik while her helicopter is swarmed. Fucking hate that mission and this one is even worse since it's in the middle of a fucking sandstorm so you can't see shit. Failed it three times now and it's stressing me the fuck out.

I'm going to bed and will pick it up again tomorrow evening after work. Fucking awful start to the shoe-in GOTY for me.
Yeah that mission was just stupid. Can't see shit, low on every item and energy, enjoy. I eventually just ran to the primary target in cloak mode and finished it lol

Don't quicksave in cover. Or be quick with your fingers or it'll jump you out.
How does quicksaving work? I kinda missed it if they told you in-game but I don't think so.

Glass

#SaveSingh

I got you fam

jmizzal

Is the Day one edition mission automatically added to the story once you redeem the code?

Just want to make sure I know how to access it

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Use your smart vision in the storm, and go the left side. Only two enemies, knock them out (Use your battery refill if you have any) and deactivate Heli

easy

Quidam

Re: Singh

When everyone's talking about saving him, is that at the end of the Dubai mission? i have no idea if he lived or died in my game, and now I'm in Praha :(

nOoblet16

Use your smart vision in the storm, and go the left side. Only two enemies, knock them out (Use your battery refill if you have any) and deactivate Heli

easy
Don't even need to knock them out or use cloak...just go as far left as possible and just make it to chopper. I think the reaction to first level is a very hilarious example at clesrly differentiating between players who know about immpersive sims and players who don't.

I loved the first mission because of it throws players off like that as if it wants to say "This is what this game is about...adapt and start thinking outside of the box otherwise you'll not survive"

Glass

Re: Singh

When everyone's talking about saving him, is that at the end of the Dubai mission? i have no idea if he lived or died in my game, and now I'm in Praha :(

The team member who clearly doesn't like Jensen makes it very clear if he dies. But yeah if he lives it is a bit ambiguous.

ebevan91

#SaveSingh

Surrounded your ass with smoke grenades and KO'd everyone else

I got you fam. Just rushed that chopper and ripped out the engine

Brofist :) I've only watched a Let's Play so far and that's what the player did. Cool to hear about the different possibilities/outcomes. Really looking forward to playing it soon.

Y'all better treat me well, GAF! Been here since 2004.
Save Singh, save the world.

Nephix

Don't you just press B?

Ignore, glossed over the wheel is empty part

Actually it's even worse, somehow I lost all the augs I could activate even though they were there just a few minutes ago.

Oh well, time to reload; sure have to do that A LOT with this game so far with all the issues..

Piggus

#SaveSingh

Cool!

You're a dead man >:)

malfcn

The annoying part is some guys are red and on map and some aren't. I have what appears to be everyone down, and then he dies.

Stiler

Is there an option to have the game not highlight EVERY pickable object in the world but only objects that are actually like useful? Like containers/switches and things rather then boxes/generic items?

That's one of my biggest annoyances so far playing. I keep seeing something highlighted, go to see if it's a container only to realize it's another plain box or something that's worthless.

Vic_Viper

Question about the new Augs:
Which Aug did you guys disable for the experimental aug to be used and can you activate it later if you want to use it? I did the marking aug and im not sure if ill need it later but it seems like I cant switch it back on atm.

Kuraudo

Banned

#SaveSingh

I accidentally saved you by trying to screw up a helicopter :)

nOoblet16

Is there an option to have the game not highlight EVERY pickable object in the world but only objects that are actually like useful? Like containers/switches and things rather then boxes/generic items?

That's one of my biggest annoyances so far playing. I keep seeing something highlighted, go to see if it's a container only to realize it's another plain box or something that's worthless.
Yes..all HUD elements are toggleable.
The aug and health indicators can even be selected to fade in and out.

kanuuna

I didn't see anyone cover this, so I thought I'd ask here; what are the UI options like for consoles? I read that the PC version lets you choose between having some of the elements on or off, or having them fade out contextually - I was wondering if the PS4 / XBO got the same treatment.

I like my games with the least amount of HUD at any given time (while still having things be playable).

They are the same.

Thanks, This helps. I'll probably buy a digital copy with my US PlayStation account.

rtcn63

I dislike how the screen transitions when you do stealth knockouts. It reminds me of opening doors in Revelations 2 but worse.

nOoblet16

I didn't see anyone cover this, so I thought I'd ask here; what are the UI options like for consoles? I read that the PC version lets you choose between having some of the elements on or off, or having them fade out contextually - I was wondering if the PS4 / XBO got the same treatment.

I like my games with the least amount of HUD at any given time (while still having things be playable).
They are the same.

Nags

Banned

Thanks, This helps. I'll probably buy a digital copy with my US PlayStation account.

From what I read, those options are in the console versions too.

I dislike how the screen transitions when you do stealth knockouts. It reminds me of opening doors in Revelations 2 but worse.

This has been a complaint of mine for both this game and HR. I'd rather no cutscene and a more tame animation than what we have and the transition back and forth.

Question about the new Augs:
Which Aug did you guys disable for the experimental aug to be used and can you activate it later if you want to use it? I did the marking aug and im not sure if ill need it later but it seems like I cant switch it back on atm.

If you're talking about the tutorial where you have to activate it and disable an Aug you should of been reset right afterwords.

leng jai

Man object outlining looks awful but turning it off means you're bound to miss things. There should be a setting that just disables outlining throwable objects.

I had to record this as it cracked me up

jensen3bmunx.gif

nOoblet16

Man object outlining looks awful but turning it off means you're bound to miss things. There should be a setting that just disables outlining throwable objects.
One of the retina upgrade let's you use the vision aug to maek things in environments that are interactive..except for the ownable objects.

Rhoc

#SaveSingh

Saved you with a tranq shot to the head sorry but you lived.

Game is awesome played for 2 hours and its all i wanted a better HR. Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

ekim

The team member who clearly doesn't like Jensen makes it very clear if he dies. But yeah if he lives it is a bit ambiguous.

It was very easy. I just ran to the main objective and disabled the engine. How can anybody fail this? lol

I posted this over in the PC performance thread, but I also thought I'd post it here since this thread is more about gameplay:

Does anyone else hate how the augmentations are mapped to F1-F4, which are laid out horizontally on the keyboard, yet on the HUD they're represented in the shape of a cross/D-pad?

Why do developers keep doing this shit on PC? Would it really have been hard for them to lay the icons out horizontally when using M&KB, that way you can actually tell at a glance which augmentation corresponds to which F-key?

I feel like I can already write a book on everything wrong with the PC version. Another thing I hate is how you're supposed to constantly hold E while dragging bodies, which in turn makes it ridiculously difficult to simultaneously steer yourself with WASD without tying your fingers into a knot. Seriously, did they even test this shit with M&KB?

Top Bottom