• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

So far I'm enjoying the gamet more than Human Revolution, but what is this story even about? Terrorism and oppression? I can't help but fall asleep during character conversations.
Amen. I feel like I'm zoning out in every character interaction. It's ridiculously dry and way behind stuff like Witcher/Mass Effect. There's so much of it. Even side characters sometimes have 4-6 dialogue wheel choices in total.

Kalentan

Hey guys, I don't normally do this, but I'm pretty proud of this one, so what the heck! I voiced and mo-capped Singh. Hope you guys figure out a reliable way to save him. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but hell if I'm gonna let myself die :(

#SaveSingh

I saved you! Took me many tries but I got you!

At least I'm pretty sure I did. Singh was alive when I went to the helicopter and all of the task force guys were there as well.

Naite

I'll never stop enjoying stuffing a room full of unconscious guys into vents
X6Qhv4x.jpg
9h89Q6F.jpg

Ys852g7.jpg
jzpLgfr.jpg

Vic_Viper

Oh my god, I did that aswell. I didn't know it was tied to a side quest.

He's currently knocked out on his bed.

Dont worry, he isnt part of it. I thought I messed it up but it wasnt a problem.

On the other hand. for some reason the vendor in my apartment building wont let me enter his room lol. WTF this game. Where is another vendor I can sell some stuff too?
The bodyguard is sitting on a box inside the room and whenver I try to talk to him he points a gun and tells me to leave.

nOoblet16

So far I'm enjoying the gamet more than Human Revolution, but what is this story even about? Terrorism and oppression? I can't help but fall asleep during character conversations.

The segregation of people led to oppression, and there has been a terrorist attack that is blamed on an Augmented Right Coalition (whose leader is Talos Rucker), but it doesn't seem to be what it is and Task Force 29's job is to find out who is behind these attacks. There is going to be a UN resolution debating full segregation which seems to be in connection with the terrorist attacks, there are leaders who are unaugumented and are against this resolution and the rest you will find out.

Nzyme32

I never said it's a shit port. It's not a perfect port like people believe Nixxes will deliver.

"It's Nixxes, everything is gonna be fine."

If anyone has been paying attention at all, Nixxes have consistently had wobbly launches, yet great ports in general in terms of features / settings / catering to the peripheral options. I would say this is no different in all aspects. Launch issues are clearly present, bugs are present, strong feature set and catering to mouse / keyboard / settings etc are there. Now to see if they actually follow through like they have in the past

Fluvian

Banned
the game has a very dull first mission, the second mission starts off with one of those cutscenes that aren't really cut scenes, like you're seeing out of the character's pov but you can't control anything except the camera a little bit and you have to wait it out, I couldn't even remotely get into the scene, it's so dry and uninteresting, the game has great voice acting so far but it seems wasted on meh writing.
So I wait it out and when something fucking interesting finally happens (an explosion) the game crashed, not a great first impression, I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Xyber

Spoilers if you want help finding the other quest person, if it isn't bugged anyways.

It's a lady in the basement of an art showroom. Very near the guy in the small shop being robbed, under the arch and to the left.

She was the only one I could find. I have looked fucking everywhere for the guy.

Did gas make anyone hostile?

Not sure, I kinda gave up on going undetected at that bit because it felt impossible to take it slow or he would just get shot before you had time to take them all out.

I tranq'd the first guys next to the elevator, threw 2 gas grenades down in the middle, activated the vision aug and then took out the rest when they were just standing there not being able to breathe. Took a few tries before it all worked.

I think one of my side quests in the first area of the hub is busted. I need to find 2 people to give them fake documents, but I can only find 1 person at the marker and I have looked everywhere but can't find the guy. :(
In the store behind the metro station entrance

the game has a very dull first mission, the second mission starts off with one of those cutscenes that aren't really cut scenes, like you're seeing out of the character's pov but you can't control anything except the camera a little bit and you have to wait it out, I couldn't even remotely get into the scene, it's so dry and uninteresting, the game has great voice acting so far but it seems wasted on meh writing.
So I wait it out and when something fucking interesting finally happens (an explosion) the game crashed, not a great first impression, I'll get back to it tomorrow.
The on rails walking segment was HORRIBLE

At a certain point just make it a cutscene. I don't even hate normal forced walking segments, but this didn't even let you do the movement.

Fluvian

Banned
The on rails walking segment was HORRIBLE

At a certain point just make it a cutscene. I don't even hate normal forced walking segments, but this didn't even let you do the movement.

I don't know why their worse than regular cutscenes, I think because it's teasing you with the idea of control, but not actually giving you any.
At least you can relax during a regular cutscene and try to get into the story, but the on rails part was just so frustrating.

So end of mission one.
Does disabling the chopper quick enough save Singh?
I rushed to do that figuring it would be the case, but it doesn't tell you.

Check your 'history' in the mission tab. What you did should be the case.

I'll check after this cutscene. I was going for Ghost and succeeded so I didn't want to get in the middle of things. But man what a weak reward. 200 for ghost?

Also anyone played the Jensen Stories? It says it may spoil things so I figure it's better to play it after, is that the case?

Believe me, you aren't alone. I already don't have a clue what's going on, nor do I really care to figure it out.

Jharp

A little annoyed at how poorly this seems to run on my relatively new and kickass PC. GTX 980 ti, i7-4790k, 16GB of RAM. Should be able to max this bitch, no? Witcher 3 runs with the buttery smoothness of a naked man on a slip'n slide caked in oil. But this runs sub 20 maxed out. Currently tweaking different settings down to "high" and not getting much in the way of improvements. Might actually have to run this on medium, and the way things are going now, I'm not certain it'll run that much better even then.

mxgt

Banned
A little annoyed at how poorly this seems to run on my relatively new and kickass PC. GTX 980 ti, i7-4790k, 16GB of RAM. Should be able to max this bitch, no? Witcher 3 runs with the buttery smoothness of a naked man on a slipping slide caked in oil. But this runs sub 20 maxed out. Currently tweaking different settings down to "high" and not getting much in the way of improvements. Might actually have to run this on medium, and the way things are going now, I'm not certain it'll run that much better even then.

Turn off: MSAA, Contact Hardening Shadows & Volumetric Lighting.

Alternatively, leave them as 'on' instead of 'Ultra'. All three of the above tank framerates.

I run everything max except those and get 60fps locked @ 3440x1440 no problems, on a Titan XP. So you should be fine.

Moff

Is it even worth it going lethal? What are the differences on xp for silent vs lethal?

I am playing on give me deus ex non lethal and it's damn hard, one of the first main missions in prague where you go to
Koller to fix your augs
was damn hard. the tutorial in dubai even took me a long time. I like it but I feel it doesn't want to be played this way.

Kyoufu

Behind Mass Effect even? Yikes...

Character interactions in ME were fun. I mean, that's really the one thing Bioware does really well in all of their games, and Mass Effect 1 at least had a story you could understand and follow easily.

Deus Ex just gives me a headache.

Rodin

Is there a way to get rid of this message and the one that says to hold T to unmark something?

EDIT: i managed to make the message disappear by completing an objective in a quest. No clue about the "T to unmark" one. It's just there.

Character interactions in ME were fun. I mean, that's really the one thing Bioware does really well in all of their games, and Mass Effect 1 at least had a story you could understand and follow easily.

Deus Ex just gives me a headache.

Can't say I agree. Pretty much every one of their characters in recent games have been painfully dull and interacting with them isn't much of a joy either. Partially because of how dull those characters are, but the dialogue wheel that gives you nothing but paraphrases (so you don't actually know what you're picking) doesn't help either.
Witcher kinda has that last problem as well. I hate how many rpg dev studios are picking up on that ridiculous idea.

CHC

This game is fucking GTEAT so far, I'm definitely more into it than Human Revolutom so far. This new Aug system is very cool, loving the idea of making trade offs.

vocab

Invisible props all over the game, it's unplayable.

Nice first impression :|

yup, you get knocked around by invisible shit a lot. The jank is real. I like the game though. After a patch or two cleaning up the garbage that got through testing, and ill really like it.

nOoblet16

A little annoyed at how poorly this seems to run on my relatively new and kickass PC. GTX 980 ti, i7-4790k, 16GB of RAM. Should be able to max this bitch, no? Witcher 3 runs with the buttery smoothness of a naked man on a slip'n slide caked in oil. But this runs sub 20 maxed out. Currently tweaking different settings down to "high" and not getting much in the way of improvements. Might actually have to run this on medium, and the way things are going now, I'm not certain it'll run that much better even then.
You should be able to get ultra and 1080P/60FPS if you turn off MSAA. If not then turn down volumetric light from ultra to on there's no perceivable difference between the two. If you still don't get 60FPS, which is unlikely, turn off Contact hardening shadows and you will get it definitely.

MadD4mon

Hey guys, I don't normally do this, but I'm pretty proud of this one, so what the heck! I voiced and mo-capped Singh. Hope you guys figure out a reliable way to save him. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but hell if I'm gonna let myself die :(

#SaveSingh

I accidentally saved Singh by knocking him unconscious while I was sprinting to the helicopter. Worked like a charm :D

Oh man, so glad Lazarus is back (the conspiracy theorist radio host). He was a great part of HR. Sounds absolutely insane, but everything he says turns out to be 100% accurate.

It wasn't, no.

And it's still broken as shit in this game. Just jump into a pack and bam, all down. The Typhoon ammo is extremely easy to craft as well lol.

I'll have to keep that in mind. Definitely gonna abuse the hell out of it since it doesn't even use energy.

So uhhh. I'm stuck in my wall storage areas. The game is clearly running, but I can't get get off the panel.

Edit: Just ended up re-loading. Not sure what I did wrong there.

Top Bottom