• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

nOoblet16

So question for those who are far into the game or have beaten it,
Is the only mention of Megan when Jensen asks Sarif about her, or do I get to confront her shady ass for all the bullshit she be pullin and getting away with all of it without consequence? I really want to lay verbal smackethdown on her ass.
You don't get to confront her but you do learn about her.

Hazmat

About the day one consumables is there something in the game we have to do to get them or are they automatically added to our inventory?

If you look at your inventory screen (the grid, not the quick inventory) there's a section off to the far left that says "storage" or something. You can access that at any time and move stuff from your preorder/DLC section into your actual inventory.

Have they adjusted the way you get xp where it was far more rewarding to do non-lethal stealth kills compared to everything else? I kind of felt obligated to go that route in Human Revolution.

Kyoufu

Have they adjusted the way you get xp where it was far more rewarding to do non-lethal stealth kills compared to everything else? I kind of felt obligated to go that route in Human Revolution.

You still get more experience for non-lethal, but not so much that the game pushes you towards stealth. You can play whichever way you want.

justjim89

Damn it, I had no idea you could talk with Otar straight up. I couldn't see an easy way in, so I just had to knock out/stun them all in a big messy fight. For my next playthrough, how do you go about that quest peacefully?

Corpekata

Banned
Is it obvious when the game is changing time / cancelling side quests sort of like how in HR it would have a very obvious "make sure shit's done" prompt?

Dubz

Ok last time I attempt to ask this.

I have no Augs in my inventory after meeting the beginning aug dude. What do? Is it a bug?

Micerider

Anyone else faced issues with the tranq pistol not...actually shooting anything (yes it's loaded and yes other weapons work normally)? When pressing the trigger (or mouse button as well) nothing happened...

RawNuts

Ok last time I attempt to ask this.

I have no Augs in my inventory after meeting the beginning aug dude. What do? Is it a bug?
You have no praxis kits in your augmentations tab? Or you just don't have the beginning augmentations assigned anymore?

He rebooted Jensen's system, so you basically start over but you should have some praxis kits to spend after that segment.

Acorn

Is there a reason my controller keeps doing the heartbeat rumble thing? I'm at full health so I'm guessing the game is trying to tell me I'm near a collectible or something?

Amon-Lau

I'm trying to do a 'no kill' run and I'm in the Prague hub now. I've just done the section with the
checkpoint / forger
and I resolved it by
telling the cops about them
. The
cops then shot up the checkpoint and killed everyone
, hope it doesn't count against the Pacifist achievement.
Has anyone confirmed this? I'm worried about it ruining my Pacifist run so knowing it doesn't would be nice, or lets me figure something out with it...

WOOHOO got my pacifist trophy ! was scared i would kill someone without knowing

final boss was the most easy boss in a game ever

I Never Asked For This trophy here i come
Hey how did you deal with
Drahomir
? It would be nice to know if it didn't count... D:

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Damn it, I had no idea you could talk with Otar straight up. I couldn't see an easy way in, so I just had to knock out/stun them all in a big messy fight. For my next playthrough, how do you go about that quest peacefully?
I just went through the main door and selected the "honest" answers. Do not loot too much stuff though, or they can turn on you.

Nemesis_

Does anyone know in the Cult of Personality if there's a way to get into the back room without being detected? I jumped up and found two entrances but both result in him seeing you.

Also if I didn't get Ghost for the Neon side quest but got Smooth Operator does that mean I was seen?

nOoblet16

Has anyone confirmed this? I'm worried about it ruining my Pacifist run so knowing it doesn't would be nice, or lets me figure something out with it...

Hey how did you deal with
Drahomir
? It would be nice to know if it didn't count... D:
It doesnt count

So for the trophy where you complete the game without raising a single alarm, does that include hacks as well? If I failed a hack and got booted, does that count as raising an alarm?

usp84

If you look at your inventory screen (the grid, not the quick inventory) there's a section off to the far left that says "storage" or something. You can access that at any time and move stuff from your preorder/DLC section into your actual inventory.

Ah yes I forgot about this thanks

Shit, I can't get over how fucking good Prague is. Easily the best hub in a Deus Ex game. One of the best cities in any game I've ever played.

I love how there's at least something different and unique about each apartment you break into. Sure, there are naturally copy and paste assets (same oven, same papers scattered on the floor, etc) but there's always something unique and distinguishing for *just* that apartment.

The guy who beat the game in 12 hours who had everybody freaked out must have skipped almost all of the interesting hub stuff. I'm at 12 hours and barely progressed the story. (Granted, I hack everything, read everything, spam NPCs, etc.)

Nemesis_

Shit, I can't get over how fucking good Prague is. Easily the best hub in a Deus Ex game. One of the best cities in any game I've ever played.

I love how there's at least something different and unique about each apartment you break into. Sure, there are naturally copy and paste assets (same oven, same papers scattered on the floor, etc) but there's always something unique and distinguishing for *just* that apartment.

The guy who beat the game in 12 hours who had everybody freaked out must have skipped almost all of the interesting hub stuff. I'm at 12 hours and barely progressed the story. (Granted, I hack everything, read everything, spam NPCs, etc.)

So much. Did you find the one where there was a voice over asking why you thought you'd get away with it and there was a locker and a device in the bathroom?

ArsGoetia

Agreed, I am still exploring the hub and checking out everything.. reading emails, npcs, and checking every nook and cranny.. it's amazing, and I'm probably at about 20 hours in so far and haven't even touched mission 4 of the main story yet.

Just doing side stuff and exploring. I was a bit freaked out also with the guy who beat it in 12 hours, but I see this easily being 40 hours or more for me.

Breaking and entering people's houses is so damn satisfying.

Here's a one for you all.

Does non-lethal count if some drones went off and killed people of their own accord after I hacked them?

Game is awesome but janky, like all awesome 8/10 games.

Got a story related question. Went through the exposition of it but still don't understand it.
Why does Brown who is heading that one project to build an Aug city want people to think he supports the human restoration act but actually doesn't support it? Alexa says he stand to lose trillions if it passes but that doesn't make any sense. Also how does killing a bunch of augs with orchid in front of everyone help this?

Dubz

It's kinda dumb that you have to go back to your apartment to take what essentially is a Skype call. This should have been possible in Jansen's HUD.

Are there any Praxis kits early on in the game that I can go and find just after
the part where you meet Koller? I didn't realize they took away my eye and leg upgrades, and I spent the kits on other stuff.

It's kinda dumb that you have to go back to your apartment to take what essentially is a Skype call. This should have been possible in Jansen's HUD.

Yes, the designers think they are so clever with their commentary (not really), but they miss so many details. and the devil is in the details.

Calls Sarif on his big screen is this 2012 with a skype app on a lcd screen??? He is only wearing a pair of pants, Sarif is in a gold shirt with matching hc and yet doesn't comment ''dress yourself Adam'.

First hour is very very dull so far.

It's really stupid that they make you use that dumb "Deus Ex Universe" app or the SquareEnix website if you want to get stats on your gameplay. There's a lot of potentially interesting stats they track (most used augments, kills, money spent, etc) but it's completely broken. The numbers are always completely wrong (and I bet they don't properly track things if you're offline). Those stats should have just been available in game.

But nah, we gotta get people to install our shitty app.

^^^Ya I find it particular annoying that you seem to have to use the app to listen to the developer commentary you get from the collectable triangles

I like that there is basically a giant exposition board in the TF29 HQ where you can get a rundown on like every major player and faction in the game haha.

23qwerty

So are the whiners on steam reviews about single player microtransactions on to anything or are they just whining? Does it affect the singleplayer negatively?

Samikaze

So are the whiners on steam reviews about single player microtransactions on to anything or are they just whining? Does it affect the singleplayer negatively?

The most it could do is make you overpowered really quickly by letting you buy extra Praxis kits or in-game cash.
They're really not necessary at all to the game.

I want to not mind them, but I'd hate for microtransactions to become a thing in single player gaming where I already paid $60 for a game. That's just me sitting on my high horse though. There's no evidence that this will be a trend going forward.

CHC

There are way, way, WAY too many fucking radios in this game. Jesus I'm sick of listening to this asshole spout his shit, I turn them off every chance I get.

Ozium

About a quarter of the way or a little more.

holy shit

12 hours my ass

I'm like 4 and half hours in and just arrived at the place where your HQ is... and still haven't actually completled a side quest yet (these are a lot meatier than I expected!)

goty

one thing that pissed me off though was in trying to get into Koller's bookstore I
went into the sewer where the exit is, but it was blocked off by plywood and I couldn't even destroy it with a mine or frag grenades... which is a shame as in DX1 you could easily enter through an exit and skip entire setpieces

Top Bottom