• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Xyber

Miller's keycard is not a bank keycard it's a card to the room next to his office in TF29 (NSN room) which is where you have your next mission, the other card belongs to the Talvos security company or something and I know how to get to their vault but I won't spoil it for you. What I will tell you is that it's not thorough the lift in the bank so don't waste your time there I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to get through only to realise that it's exclusive to a mission that I never played.

I was fairly certain the card I picked up in his apartment said something about being for the bank, because I thought it was weird to get 2 of them right after each other like that while just running around doing random things. I found his apartment completely by accident (broke in to the apartment next door and crawled through the vents) right after I had talked to him for the first time.

So I have no idea when the mission you are talking about is actually coming up. :p

I'll just have to see how it all works out soon enough.

Didn't know if I would enjoy this during tutorial mission but after spending a couple hours in Prague doing some side missions and the first main mission I'm absolutely eating this up. Got a feeling this gonna be a shoe in GOTY

Stevey

Quality reflection tech in this game.

F912AD7194FAAE256581E476D388170638DD1309

Apart from that and the hold T bug, really enjoying it.

Got passed the awful tutorial stage tonight, huzzah! Doing a side mission in prague now and having much more fun. Two things that's bothering me though. 1. Sarif's is voiced by someone else? Sounds nothing like him in HR. 2. the background music in HR stomps MD. I also really miss the black/gold look HR had.

Sarif's original voice actor went crazy.

So far, really enjoying it, though there's that annoying bug where if you're in cover when you saved, upon loading the game and you press space to resume the game, Jensen dashes to a point.

Someone posted a workaround- the Loading screen button triggers on button press while the dash move triggers on release. So just keep the button pressed down when you exit the loading screen and Jensen will stay put.

Dominator

How do you deal with (sidemission spoiler)
Drahomir?

He just automatically attacks when I threaten and there are other goons around him.

I've gone through most of the sidemission already and this seems to be the end, but I can't figure it out without dying.

What is the way to describe this game's feel? The fast motion, feels like playing a PC game. I cannot play games like this. I wonder what is wrong with me. I got this feeling with doom. It's like the speed or something makes it feel fake.

nOoblet16

I was fairly certain the card I picked up in his apartment said something about being for the bank, because I thought it was weird to get 2 of them right after each other like that while just running around doing random things. I found his apartment completely by accident (broke in to the apartment next door and crawled through the vents) right after I had talked to him for the first time.

So I have no idea when the mission you are talking about is actually coming up. :p

I'll just have to see how it all works out soon enough.
What you found was the datapad with a keycode to a safe in the bank.
You can check the stuff you have in the information section under "story items" in the menu.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Had my first crash today on PS4, seem rare at least. Otherwise I've been impressed with the polish. Loving the game, just like its predecessor.

What is the way to describe this game's feel? The fast motion, feels like playing a PC game. I cannot play games like this. I wonder what is wrong with me. I got this feeling with doom. It's like the speed or something makes it feel fake.

I don't know, I consider it a good thing. It's the action-game speed. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark had you gliding through levels too and a lot of games are like that. What you want is more weight I think. There's a fair bit in Mankind Divided imo, but not as much as something like say, COD or Killzone.

CHC

Apart from that and the hold T bug, really enjoying it.

You can fix that by putting a single point into the target marking aug (after the bookshop scene, that is). It's worth 1 praxis just to clear that stupid notification, plus the aug is kinda useful anyway actually.

They should have worked that into the storyline

I so wish they did. It sucks because he was actually one of the most iconic voices from the original game. If others characters made a return (I'm not sure if they do, not finished with the game), they could probably change their actors and I wouldn't even know. But I remember Sarif's original voice so well this is just really weird and jarring.

Mindman

This game is sooo good. The world, the gameplay variety, the cyberpunk futuristic stuff, the MUSIC.... it was worth not getting much sleep last night!!!

It just rubs me the right way!

You can fix that by putting a single point into the target marking aug (after the bookshop scene, that is). It's worth 1 praxis just to clear that stupid notification, plus the aug is kinda useful anyway actually.

I asked earlier but didn't get an answer- if I selected that Aug to give up (for the overclocking thing), is there any way to undo it?

NIN90

I'm so torn on whether or not I want to play with object outlines. On one hand, shit blends into the environment real easy in this game but on the other hand, the outline has already given away two hidden doors to me.

I wish there would be a setting in between that makes the range on the outlines much shorter.

Stevey

I'm so torn on whether or not I want to play with object outlines. On one hand, shit blends into the environment real easy in this game but on the other hand, the outline has already given away two hidden doors to me.

I wish there would be a setting in between that makes the range on the outlines much shorter.

Turn it off and play the game properly.

Really wonderful game so far. After so much negativity in the lead up to release, I'm happy to say this feels like the sequel that I wanted. Very, very atmospheric. Amazing music. First mission was very fun and a nice way to introduce the mechanics. Just really great stuff, excellent so far. Exploration is rewarding, the setting is vivid, and the gameplay is fantastic.

Fledz

Off, makes exploring so much more fun.

Is Sarif's new CA at least good in his own right?

He's fine. A bunch of people have complained about him, but I think they're just used to his old VA. A lot of people seem to be forgetting how many people hated the original Sarif voice acting. (But I guess it was at least distinctive -- the new VA is kind of generic.)

benzopil

Stupid question but does this game have NG++?

I want to finish EVERYTHING on second playthrough and after that start third with permadeath.

TheRed

Exploring Palisade stealthily has been so cool. I just have a question about a side quest if anyone has completed the one there.
I've cleared the whole top floor and I'm trying to find incriminating evidence in the CEO office, I've checked all the computers and haven't found an email or anything that progresses that sidequest.

Edit: Nvm just came back to game and found it immediately lol

Trumpets

They really use every button on the controller, don't they? Control schemes are so homogenous nowadays it's taking me a while to remember what does what when you press it and again when you hold it down.

Loving it though, game seems great.

Xyber

Emptied a box of some shit and found this at the bottom. :D

CE3AE31C1511C926639B5B6534CAB4466E9F72CF

Edit: Also in that room (together with the very obvious companion cube).

YTbpxfs.jpg

mEloaMP.jpg

Just finished downloading the game on my PC and doing the start. I think I'll go with a lethal start this time, makes more sense to start that way given the starting mission and I played more nonlethal in the last one.

I'm glad they made the "Kill em all, let Machine God sort them out" play style viable in this game. I still wish we had manually wielded melee weapons but oh well.

KiteGr

Many revewers agree that the game looks like the first part of what was originally a bigger game.

Can anyone who finished it tell me if it has any closure? (without spoilers of course)

Ruff

My experience in Deus Ex.

Spend 30 minutes trying to get into a heavily guarded room inside restricted building surrounded by cameras, guards and cameras

Once inside, find a vent that leads all the way outside that comes out behind a piece of cardboard on the street.

chrixter

I'm assuming we can still drop an item and have it remain there forever? With all the new ammo types and consumables, even Jensen's apartment locker isn't enough to store everything I've picked up in just a few hours.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Really enjoying this game, Deus Ex is one of the few games that hits my sweet spot for FPS RPGs with stealth mechanics. Just waiting until I can get a silenced pistol.

Xyber

Man, this game is just so good. I can't stop just exploring everything in the hub because whenever I break in to some random apartment or just look around in random places I find something cool.

Have 11 hours of playtime and maybe 3 of those have been focusing on missions.

My experience in Deus Ex.

Spend 30 minutes trying to get into a heavily guarded room inside restricted building surrounded by cameras, guards and cameras

Once inside, find a vent that leads all the way outside that comes out behind a piece of cardboard on the street.

Lmao that's deus ex for you!

Truant

Regarding the neon apartment quest:

I entered the apartment, found the body and read the emails. I guess the woman in the starting hub is involved, but the quest doesn't update after I read the mails. Am I missing something?

I tried to install Deus Ex this morning so that I could play it tonight. The disk drive on my Xbox is broken. Shit.

Looks like I'll be playing this in a couple of weeks. I was so hyped too!

SkylineRKR

Found a glitch.

When you have a full inventory, and create a multitool, it won't add one to your inventory and it will keep saying you have 0. I tried this twice and its nowhere yet your points are gone.

I threw some items away to make room and then crafted, it adds one just fine.

Top Bottom