• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Tovarisc

If you
Save her from the drones she tells you her story and gives ya codes to a gate
, not sure if she's just there or related to a quest though... =/

When I got there
she was already dead and didn't try save scumming. Also wondering if she is important for something.

aristotle

How long does it take to get the real code from SE for the PS4 pre-order items? I'm on PS4 and I have the ebooks and OST sampler of course, but what about the costumes and such? Since it's not mentioned anywhere in the OP and I haven't found an answer anywhere yet, I guess I should ask here.

Putty

Had a quick 30 mins and liking it so far. The biggest things are getting my head around the MANY controller settings and the UI...

Amon-Lau

When I got there
she was already dead and didn't try save scumming. Also wondering if she is important for something.

Odd cause
the drones took a while before killing her for me, gave me enough time to hack 'em remotely and then shooting them down.

She mentions a Cop named Romero, asking if he sent us down to help. I just finished M3 so I'm not really far, did you see this guy somewhere?

Is there any reason I cannot use shotgun armour piercing bullets by putting them in the gun ? I have them in my inventory... but it just doesnt work. It does not show up as an ammo type when I do gun editing in real time.

Tovarisc

Odd cause
the drones took a while before killing her for me, gave me enough time to hack 'em remotely and then shooting them down.

She mentions a Cop named Romero, asking if he sent us down to help. I just finished M3 so I'm not really far, did you see this guy somewhere?

Can't say I have. Mystery for NG+ :b

Did anyone but this game on PSN? If so, could you please explain to me what the covert pack is? And did anyone receive the theme when they purchased the game?

Floody

How long does it take to get the real code from SE for the PS4 pre-order items? I'm on PS4 and I have the ebooks and OST sampler of course, but what about the costumes and such? Since it's not mentioned anywhere in the OP and I haven't found an answer anywhere yet, I guess I should ask here.

I got mine instantly through email. You can change your costume in the menus, but I can't remember exactly how of the top of my head, and can't play the game atm, so someone else will have to help you with that. The other stuff you go to your equipment and in the bottom right corner there should be a button to enter "storage", press it and they'll be there.

Didn't count in HR. To get an alarm, you needed to be detected by a camera/turret/bot or have an enemy push an alarm panel on a wall. I'd wager it's the same since you get auto hostile situations.

Join the club...
So the crash is for everyone? How did the people review this game with this without finishing?

Eggiem

Whoa, accidentally triggered some weird miniquest breaking into
Anton
's apartment.

That was a hell of a shock.

In between that and the
sewer
cult sidequest, it feels like EM took some notes on Bethesda's pre-Skyrim sidequest design.

Edit: This apartment has no logical entrance. No door, just a balcony that has no legal foot access. How the hell did someone live here?

Where is his apartment? ;)

leng jai

This game is strange experience honestly. The aesthetic world detail is amazing but then there's so much "jank" that's just jarring half the time.

Tovarisc

Oh shit son...
eQP53kn.png

Edit: Am I reading too much into wink Eliza gives when she says "This is Eliza Cassan reporting to you LIVE from Picus" in her broadcasts? Feels like wink about Eliza herself.

Spoo

Finished this today on PC. Took me
hours. I did a lot of side quests, and earned the pacifist achievement. I also did not use cloaking in the game, which I think makes the game more challenging and fun for stealth, if a little more aggravating.

I don't like it as much as the first game. In the first one, I really loved Detroit, its design and cohesiveness. The hubs were awesome, but I didn't care much for the one-off missions. In the sequel, it turns out to be the complete opposite situation; I don't like Prague very much, but whenever the game moved you away from that location I loved the mission design and flexibility of those areas. The story here feels more socially ambitious, more thoughtful, but when it gets back to the stuff central to the conflict, it's not as personally motivating as the original game for me.

Mechanically the two games felt more or less the same to me. There's still good, solid multi-pronged design on show in pretty much every mission / area. If you play Deus Ex for choice, then that's all here.

If the first one was a solid 9 for me, then this is probably a 7.5/8. More of the same, but I think a little less inspired across the domain of things these games care to have.

komplanen

Not yet sure how I feel about the game, but I can tell you right now that I don't think this game could have worse lip-syncing even if they aimed for it.

nOoblet16

Oh shit son...

Edit: Am I reading too much into wink Eliza gives when she says "This is Eliza Cassan reporting to you LIVE from Picus" in her broadcasts? Feels like wink about Eliza herself.

Yes you are reading too much, I could tell you why but that might spoil things for you.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just beat the game, will the dlc continue the story or was the credit scene setting up a sequel?

So I can't even get the game to download. I'm having the same issue as some other people where it simply stops at a certain percent and won't go any further. Clearing download cache, unchecking DLC, changing download region, nothing fixes it.

zsswimmer

At what point can you start putting praxis points into your build? Do I need to do some of the main mission first? It's probably a dumb question but I've just been exploring and doing side stuff.

Tovarisc

Yes you are reading too much, I could tell you why but that might spoil things for you.

Referencing Glitch side quest where you get to talk with version of Eliza from HR?

At what point can you start putting praxis points into your build? Do I need to do some of the main mission first? It's probably a dumb question but I've just been exploring and doing side stuff.

Go to the bookstore that is getting tossed, I think it's 2nd mission officially.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I've just started this. The first mission seems a little meh compared to the start of HR, but its been 5 years since.
not loving the end of this mission where I have to take out the helicopter and save Singh

d00d3n

Also, I found drones attacking civilists in the sewers. Found a named NPC dead (https://abload.de/img/337000_201608252158172eyid.png), did I fuck sth up?

Okay, I saved her and killed the drones. Here is what you get:
Short dialogue sequence with the character. No conversation options. Password for the non-sewer entrance to the area. During the conversation it is hinted that a character that is mentioned by name will look positively on what you have done, however I have not met that character yet.

Taking out the drones was pretty expensive to be honest. Had to run back to my apartment, fetch my battle rifle, 10 ammo (used all of it), and had to buy the lvl 2 remote hacking aug (3 praxis). I used my only frag grenade for the encounter as well ... So, I don't know if it was worth it. Probably not ...

Havent bothered with Breach mode yet, saving it for after the game.

The game says I can sell the Breach kits or whatever they're called but who do I sell them too?

Is there any reason I cannot use shotgun armour piercing bullets by putting them in the gun ? I have them in my inventory... but it just doesnt work. It does not show up as an ammo type when I do gun editing in real time.

The Tactical Shotgun doesn't support AP ammunition. You'll see it's missing from the upgrade screen too.

It's for the unique weapon, the Devastator Shotgun.

Hazmat

Havent bothered with Breach mode yet, saving it for after the game.

The game says I can sell the Breach kits or whatever they're called but who do I sell them too?

I found a shop in Prague called Tech Noir that bought mine. It's not hidden, it's a regular shop on the street.

Where is his apartment? ;)

Across the street from the arms dealer next to UNATCO- Erm, Task Force 29
-
Jump out the dealer's window onto the glass ceiling above the street and walk on over to the balcony on the other side.

Just uh, be prepared.

Does anyone knows how to get the Spokes in Two Wheels achievement/trophy? Big Mission 10 and 11 spoilers:
Apparently you can rescue both Alison and find the Orchid cure in the bank according to this achievement. However, I don't know how to do both since you fail one if you choose between going to the bank or rescuing Allison.

This really makes me want to wait until I find someone who did this. I can't find any guide for this one :(

I'm sure this has been answered in this thread before, but it's quite huge. How do I use my DLC costumes? I can't change from the default in-game ones.

Eggiem

Across the street from the arms dealer next to UNATCO- Erm, Task Force 29
-
Jump out the dealer's window onto the glass ceiling above the street and walk on over to the balcony on the other side.

Just uh, be prepared.

Thanks! I hope its not a jumpscare or something like that...:(

Diancecht

In PC, getting out of cover and continue after loading key is the same, space. So if I save the game while I am on cover and load it afterwards, fucking idiot jumps out of the cover. It is really irritating.

Simo

I'm sure this has been answered in this thread before, but it's quite huge. How do I use my DLC costumes? I can't change from the default in-game ones.

Hit the pause menu and you'll see the Outfits option. Go there and you can change your armor and coat.

I personally think the Intruder coat is trash when compared to the modern and HR trench coat. lol

Ducarmel

fixed my bug by reloading a previous save, and completing the game properly pretty tough to not get spotted in the last mission had to reload 6x

Does anyone knows how to get the Spokes in Two Wheels achievement/trophy? Big Mission 10 and 11 spoilers:
Apparently you can rescue both Alison and find the Orchid cure in the bank according to this achievement. However, I don't know how to do both since you fail one if you choose between going to the bank or rescuing Allison.

This really makes me want to wait until I find someone who did this. I can't find any guide for this one :(

without spoiling it for you its not this mission you complete this perk,

minor spoiler
your choice in this mission does matter if you will complete this achievement

a slightly bigger spoiler
Choose Allison and pay attention to what she says and item she gives you and you will have the opportunity to complete the achievement on the last mission

In PC, getting out of cover and continue after loading key is the same, space. So if I save the game while I am on cover and load it afterwards, fucking idiot jumps out of the cover. It is really irritating.

You're not fucked, you just need to hold down space instead of tapping it to load the save. The cover leap happens on keyrelease, while the loading happens on keypress, so you can push down space to load, then sort of look away from anywhere valid to leap to, then release space.

It's dumb that you need to do it, but it works.

Vic_Viper

Finished the game and pretty much all my complaints still remain.

on the Bosses:
Or should I say boss lol. seriously there was only 1 boss in the entire game wtf? Actually I fought 2 bosses if you count the ending of the Harvest Side Mission as a boss fight which I guess it was.

Still cannot wait for the next Deus Ex. They really should have sold this as the beginning of a trilogy since it is.

Diancecht

You're not fucked, you just need to hold down space instead of tapping it to load the save. The cover leap happens on keyrelease, while the loading happens on keypress, so you can push down space to load, then sort of look away from anywhere valid to leap to, then release space.

It's dumb that you need to do it, but it works.

Cheers.

Pit

After the quest to get your augs looked at, which is given to you at the same time as the quest to go to your HQ and report in.

Just returned to Prague for the first time after
Golem City
. The city at night is absolutely gorgeous; love it a lot more than the daytime (though I understand the oppressive feel they were going for).

CHC

Let me first say that I like this game a lot, so please don't get the wrong idea, but....

The writing. Gets really, really annoying.

First of all, there is WAY too much aug. I mean, look I get it, augmentations are a big thing that changed the world but fuck, it's just too much. It feels like a lot of this stuff was dreamed up by the kind of people who come up with, like putting wifi in your fridge or something.... There is just too much aug EVERYTHING.

Like, the cultists? Worship augs, all about augs. The murderer side story? He kills augs. The drug? A drug for... augs! I mean there is even a cereal with an aug mascot on the front. It's like... almost silly how aug-centric everything. Every book you read, every side story you uncover - they're all about augs.

I get that they wanted to explore a theme but after a point it feels way too contrived. They need to pepper in some "normal" yarns here and there because as it, the aug angle is taken way over the top and it's really getting tired hearing everyone be like aug this, aug that, I'm an aug, "our people" etc. It's kind of a shaky foundation for social division to begin with, and the building they are erecting on that foundation is getting too big for the ground its on, so to speak.

Outside of the aug thing, I have one other issue. With a couple of notable exceptions, there are quite literally two NPCs in this game:

NPC A: "I'm so scared.... I don't know what to do... you have to help me."

NPC B: "Ay what do you want asshole? What are you gonna give me?!"

Like I said though, the excellent mechanics and level design make up for it, and on the whole I am enjoying the plot and some of the decisions and some of the choices it has put before me. But sometimes it's just like... .exhausting breaking into another person's apartment and hacking their PC to uncover - yet again -
some fucking emails about how their some aug who lost everything or whatever
. A few more sort of "universal" stories here and there would be appreciated.

Top Bottom